A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Chaos_Zero
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 03:21 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Chaos_Zero has contributed to 20 posts out of 462983 total posts (0.00%) in 2,568 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Jan 13, 2015 03:21 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Ok, seems reasonable enough.

For the Falcon, even though it would better if the camera were zoomed out a bit farther from the vehicle, it would still be easier to hit targets with the camera the way it is in that video versus the way it is now, just IMO.

Thank you for the quick replies!

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Jan 13, 2015 12:27 AM (Total replies: 1869)

Hello. I do not frequent this forum very much but I thought I would post here after playing this map which is very popular recently.

I love it very much and now it takes up at least 50% of the CE I play for fun. I like the overall layout of the map, plentiful hills and trees, and the asymmetric base layout.

Here are a few suggestions which I completely understand if you disagree with:

-The outermost route on the side of the map opposite the Spade-base is pretty much completely hidden for the entire length of the map. I would suggest that there be a hill or two along the way, which gives both teams a chance to see or attack vehicles that approach using that route. It seems that consistently if someone manages to get the flag to the beginning of that path, it is extremely difficult to stop them.

-The exploding vehicles are a nice touch and very well designed, but I have had some problems with abuses of them by teammates. I few times I driven the tank and teammates who did not like my play style decided to throw grenades at me and shoot me, which caused me to 'die' (they were not even charged with a betrayal) If this can not be resolved I would rather just have regular halo un-destructable vehicles. (Unless you consider it to be a major balance point)

-The spade is great fun to drive, but it does not seem like much besides a novelty beyond that. The turning arc, balance, and acceleration are rather poor and it seems to move only the same speed as the warthog. I would suggest giving this vehicle a raw speed boost to allow it to have some use possibly catching up with warthogs.

-The Falcon side-seats are plagued with the same problem which makes most halo side seats annoying: the first person view. Is there a practical reason why the Falcon can not have third person side-seats the way that the other vehicles do? It would make it a lot more fun to be able to shoot correctly.

-The automatic weapon in the base (forgive me I do not recall the designation) seems a bit underpowered. I have used and had a great time with all of the weapons except this one, and it seems under-user by most other players as well. Possibly it needs a slightly bigger clip? (I am talking about the gun which looks similar to the assault rifle, but which begins firing slow and gets faster as you hold the trigger down)

-It would be cool if the Spade had a distinctive horn. =P

Again, please feel free to disregard, these are just my thoughts after playing this for a few weeks. Awesome map!

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce serverList feature. Jun 24, 2014 10:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thank you - that was what I needed.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce serverList feature. Jun 22, 2014 09:58 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hello, a bit of a strange request but I figured someone might have a config file I could modify to get this to work.

Before the 1.0.10 Patch came out, If I ran haloCE I saw about 120 servers in the list, but if I installed Opensauce, I got over 500 servers. I am not sure where these come from because I have not looked into it, but I would assume its porting over the regular halo servers to haloCE list. Now that the patch has come and opensauce no longer works, I was wondering if anyone knew if this feature in particular was possible to add back manually, because, as silly as it sounds, it was the main reason I used OS.

P.S. I dont like to use regular halo.exe because it does not allow be to see people's names above their heads. (=P)

thank you for the replies.

The gamefype fix utility or the rcon command both did solve the time problem, but the number of captures still stays stuck at 1 cap to win.

this is slightly related but separate from this previous topic: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=40350

ok i finally got it to work after switching to bridged mode and with a bunch of funky port settings. It stays on "negotiating connection to server" for a few seconds, but no lag in the server.

Now their is another problem. After a few attempts of remaking the gametype that i am using, every setting works great but for some reason it puts a time limit of 20 minutes and capture to win at 1 even though i set no time limit and 10 captures to win.

Any thought on this new problem?

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with dedicated server... Feb 26, 2012 01:57 PM (Total replies: 10)

ok, i forwarded 2308-2309 udp and tcp. as well as port 80 for the heck of it.

I changed these settings in virtualbox and the modem. I set the shortcut to "-port 2308" and ran.
same thing, it goes to connecting and now tries on port 23101. I have not set this port anywhere.
Edited by Chaos_Zero on Feb 26, 2012 at 02:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with dedicated server... Feb 26, 2012 09:19 AM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Chaos_Zero
When i try to join from the lobby it tries to join on the wrong port. For example i set the command line switch and the portforward to port 22962 but when i select to join the game it tries on some other seemingly random port like 22300 (it varies).

sorry if i was not clear but i have tried this.

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with dedicated server... Feb 26, 2012 02:15 AM (Total replies: 10)

i stopped iptables but it is still using random ports now its on 23040 when i just tried to join.

i do not understand why this is happening...

if you try to join the server its 70.111.202.19:22962

you should be able to join fine, why should joining from the list be any different?
Edited by Chaos_Zero on Feb 26, 2012 at 02:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with dedicated server... Feb 25, 2012 10:26 PM (Total replies: 10)

ok well it is something stupider then usual i suppose, and i have no idea how to solve it.

When i try to join from the lobby it tries to join on the wrong port. For example i set the command line switch and the portforward to port 22962 but when i select to join the game it tries on some other seemingly random port like 22300 (it varies).

If i try to join my game with direct ip from someone elses network it works fine, so i am not sure why the problem is just joining from the list. Any solution to this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with dedicated server... Feb 25, 2012 10:20 AM (Total replies: 10)

Hello again. As the title says i am having a problem connecting to a dedicated server for halo CE. This whole setup is a bit out there, so stick with me please...

The server box is very powerful 8 processors and more then enough memory, no problems there. The router/modem box forwards to the server on ports 2302-2303. The server runs ubuntu server 64 bit with a virtualbox windows xp 32 bit home edition installed on it. Halo has been installed on this machine and i set up the init file as described by the guide on this site. The server starts fine.

On another ISP (the server is the only thing on the first connection), i can see my server title but i can not connect. It just says "negotiating connection to server" and drops.

Thanks for reading.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Large Vehicles? Dec 29, 2011 12:12 AM (Total replies: 2)

thanks for replying to my question.

i had a feeling that halo custom was still the better of the two... at least playerbase-wise. though the limitations for creating maps in h2v seem surprising.

thanks anyway.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Large Vehicles? Dec 28, 2011 01:47 PM (Total replies: 2)

hey people, its been a while.

I have been playing halo custom edition for many years now. Recently i had to reformat my system due to a virus so i thought it was time to upgrade to windows 7 (i had got halo 2 vista as a gift a long time ago)

once while playing the RPG map on custom edition we were messing around in the big vehicle that you could walk around in (what was the name of that thing again?) anyway of course when you were not in a seat and the thing moved you got thrown out of it. Once i asked some people in game if their had ever been a fix for this and a few of them said that the halo engine did not support this, but at the time (three or four years ago) halo 2 vista did support it and large vehicles could be created where you would not be thrown out if it moved.

basically i am asking if any maps with this type of vehicle has been created yet...

thanks for reading.

Halo CE General Discussion » suddenly i cant see any servers. Nov 24, 2010 07:55 PM (Total replies: 17)

well i guess i can say i am "glad" its not just me.

but srsly, wtf.

Halo CE General Discussion » suddenly i cant see any servers. Nov 24, 2010 07:45 PM (Total replies: 17)

Not sure if this is off topic or not, sorry if it is.

Anyway just today for no conceivable reason halo CE shows no games on the internet server list. Clicking "get list" or "refresh" just looks for like less then one second before timing out.

I have tried opening the ports 2302 2303 and 80 even htough for years before this it always worked without ports being open or anything. Any ideas?

Halo CE General Discussion » how to (un)hack the danger canyon map? Nov 23, 2010 12:04 AM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks Sergeant, i was thinking that guy might see it for himself but a little help awlays goes a long way. :)

Also it seems on some servers it goes in smoothly no matter how bad the angle is while others it stops like a wall. I do not believe it is as simple as being a bad angle.

Halo CE General Discussion » how to (un)hack the danger canyon map? Nov 22, 2010 10:07 PM (Total replies: 8)

I know this really is something minor, but it has always annoyed me.

I remember a fair while ago i used to be able to drive a warthog into the inside part of the danger canyon map and go up through the middle and then around and into one of the tunnels on the side. (you know their are three tunnels on the grey part, its hard to describe, the big middle one, then two more, one for each base) I remember i used to be able to drive the warthog through the base tunnels to arrive on the other side's base, but i was annoyed when i joined a server a while ago and this can no longer be done: their is an "invisible barrier" blocking you from going through.

At first i thought this was because some guy was annoyed at people driving warthogs into the base and he modded or hacked the map file to make it so you cannot do that anymore, but i started to see it on more and more danger canyon servers that i am wondering if it was an official patch or something?

I just today got a nice, powerful, dedicated server up and running, and was completely alarmed when my default install of halo CE had this same annoying effect when i played on it!

How do i fix this back to the regular way so that you can drive a warthog through there again? thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » warthog gears? May 19, 2010 11:00 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hi dennis!

I don't know if you remember me but i used to be "sona1111" and we had a huge argument about the edit/not bumping topics like...4 years ago. I think you (or someone) deleted my account.

Anyway thanks for responding to that guy.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » warthog gears? May 19, 2010 10:13 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hey people, its been a while.

I had a question. I was wondering if anyone had ever thought of adding "gears" to a warthog. I know its possible to assign special functions to the flashlight key. If their were only a high and a low gear, this could switch between them. The low gear would give high rpm low speed that could cross ice and rough terrain well and the high gear would give more top speed but handle worse.

is this possible?

Time: Mon May 29, 2017 11:06 PM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website