A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jamir
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 20, 2011 03:56 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Jamir has contributed to 21 posts out of 469466 total posts (0.00%) in 3,469 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How can I place a biped Jan 20, 2011 03:56 PM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks! thats exactly what I wanted, it worked perfect. I appreciate it

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How can I place a biped Jan 18, 2011 10:44 AM (Total replies: 5)

I want to place a jackal on a map, I just want him to stand stand and do nothing. Is this possible to do and how?

The Halo CE Chronicles » How.. Jul 29, 2010 03:53 PM (Total replies: 2)

did you make the marines mouth move here at 4:18 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn65-legbws&feature=related

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » How to extract tags? Jul 29, 2010 03:28 PM (Total replies: 2)

I just got H2v and I cant find out how to extract tags, like in Halo CE you do it with the HEK+

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Walk instead of run? Jul 15, 2010 03:52 PM (Total replies: 11)

unfortunately it didnt work :( . I dont think theres a way to make a biped walk by using dev commands or switching animations. dang

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Walk instead of run? Jul 8, 2010 03:17 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
unit_set_seat {biped name} {command}

Commands: alert, flee, crouch, stand

Use "stand" to access the walking animations.

I tried this but I couldnt make him walk, can you be more specific on exactly to make him walk.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 7, 2010 05:58 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
What biped are you using?

Also the animation is in the game for other bipeds Not all bipeds have the same animations, so the animations for a marine are vastly different from a sentinel or hunter.

ive been trying it with a crewman from A10 and some random marines from other maps. but every time it acts the same, i switch a animation with "stand talk" in the animations tag and the mouth moves but he puts his arms out like to the side, if only there was a way to stop him from moving his arms the animation would be fine. theres gotta be a way.....theres gotta be.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Walk instead of run? Jul 7, 2010 05:44 PM (Total replies: 11)

Can you make a biped walk, like on xbox you just nudge the analog stick a little.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 7, 2010 05:43 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: GoldeNTacO
Quote: --- Original message by: Jamir
I tried switching crouch with "stand talk" and the mouth did move when i hit crouch

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
as i said in the first reply, you have to animate it in a 3D modeling program.

I can read, But it doesnt make sense having to animate it in a 3d program when the animation is already in the game.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 7, 2010 05:16 PM (Total replies: 18)

I tried switching crouch with "stand talk" and the mouth did move when i hit crouch, but the marines arms go out to the side like hes being frisked. if only i could figure out how to make him stand still while talking.....

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 6, 2010 03:10 PM (Total replies: 18)

so the only way to make the mouth move is to animate it in a 3d modeling program? i thought since the mouths move in the game i could just switch an animation around and make it move when i hit crouch or something. but so far it seems impossible

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 2, 2010 09:17 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
You need to rig the mouth's mesh to move with ponytail1.

How

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 2, 2010 08:07 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: GoldeNTacO
Quote: --- Original message by: Jamir
Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
The biped should have ponytail1 node, if it is able to talk.

I do see a node called ponytail1, So how exactly do I switch an animation to make him talk, Like under the animations tag I see melee, and i switched it with stand talk, but now when I press melee he doesnt melee but he doesnt talk either
Because he doesn't have the ponytail1 node, he isn't animated to talk. You'll have to animate it yourself, or use a biped that already is.

you misread, He does have ponytail1.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 2, 2010 07:49 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
The biped should have ponytail1 node, if it is able to talk.

I do see a node called ponytail1, So how exactly do I switch an animation to make him talk, Like under the animations tag I see melee, and i switched it with stand talk, but now when I press melee he doesnt melee but he doesnt talk either

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 2, 2010 07:09 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Make sure the mouth is rigged to move.

what does that mean though, and how would I do it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 1, 2010 05:46 PM (Total replies: 18)

Like hes talking, ive tried for hours now messing with the animations and there doesnt seem to be a way. if anyone knows ,please tell me how to do it, id really appreciate it

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Some Questions Jun 22, 2010 02:18 PM (Total replies: 1)

1:How do you make a characters mouth move?

2:Im trying to change the biped of a green screen map to a Marine, instead of mastercheif, but i keep getting the same error. "Failed to load scenario" when compiling. even when i point it to the exact location of the scenario file.

3: is there any way to make smooth camera movements in devcam, like when you move our mouse to look around its never smooth. if youve ever made machinima on halo 2 or 3 you can just nudge the analog stick and hold it and the movement will stay the same speed.

General Machinima Discussions » Couple of questions Jun 17, 2010 02:24 PM (Total replies: 0)

nvm, posted in wrong section
Edited by Jamir on Jun 22, 2010 at 02:19 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Campaign question Jun 9, 2010 12:28 PM (Total replies: 3)

thanks, I just tried that, but when I put the new UI in there the game crashes when I open it. I tried a few different ones but none worked.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Campaign question Jun 7, 2010 12:51 PM (Total replies: 3)

Can I use devcam in campaign? If so, please tell me how. thanks

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 10:39 PM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website