A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ricola_reaper
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 2, 2012 01:30 PM
Interests: gamming, graphics design, art stuff
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Halo, UT, Exteel, Visualboy emulator
Polygon Pimp

Post Statistics
ricola_reaper has contributed to 192 posts out of 462807 total posts (.04%) in 2,555 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Memory Jog! Dec 2, 2012 01:30 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
That's like 4 pelicans long whatchutalkinabout

Lol, Just goin' from memory on the size. felt like two Pelicans long. That or two and a half to me =p

Halo CE General Discussion » Memory Jog! Dec 2, 2012 01:44 AM (Total replies: 4)

Yup! That's the ship. Thank you!

I know there are quite a few, but i forgot which ones more or less. Makes it easier to find them again now that I know the name of the ship.

Thank you again.

Halo CE General Discussion » Memory Jog! Dec 2, 2012 01:36 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hey there. Need a little memory jog here.

There are maps I'm looking for with a particularly large ship tag. Many people in their maps have re-textured it to have a camo skin or a dark grey skin. It's a long, hexagon shaped ship. there are large engines in the back and the ship extends to about...two Pelicans long? The only entrances to it are at the bottom where there is a large opening where one could put a Warthog, and the bottom of the bay is glass. Also, when you start the ship up, the bay closes. The other entrance to the ship is on the second floor next to the room with the cola machine on the left side if you were inside facing the front of the ship. That one is a small door.

If anyone remembers by that description and can help, than you! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » FPS Increase? Oct 29, 2012 08:39 PM (Total replies: 12)

I installed Glary Utilites and it seems to help. It cleaned up a lot of stuff that my other programs weren't picking up on. Should have seen the amount of problems it highlighted in red, lol. Thanks a lot for that one SilentJacket.

I've mostly just been running my other programs like Spybot, McAfee, and AVG. Then doing Disk Defragments and Disk Cleanups to get anything else out of the way. The PC is a bit faster. Thanks again for the feedback from everyone.

Halo CE General Discussion » FPS Increase? Oct 28, 2012 03:03 PM (Total replies: 12)

My system is XP Professional 2002 and my computer is running a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz Processor. It works just fine normally but lately it's been slowing down.

I didn't think about the dust issue at first but I opened my PC and did find some. That is cleared away now but still a little slow.

To ally: I do have the correct drivers for my computer. I clicked on your link and was directed to a Nvidia Driver to buy. Not install. There is the issue with money, which is why I'm looking for a simpler solution first before anything.

To Slayer117: The download on the link you gave me looks promising but upon clicking download, their page links you to the sign up. I did sign up for it but it still does the same thing anyway. Is there a place on the page I'm not looking at?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Halo CE General Discussion » FPS Increase? Oct 28, 2012 01:14 AM (Total replies: 12)

Hello there. My processor is a bit slow as it is a bit old and just getting slow. My frames per second have dropped slightly and I was wondering if anyone has made a program to install into the Halo CE folder that would increase my FPS. Thanks a lot! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Popular maps Mar 23, 2012 07:32 PM (Total replies: 7)

Ah alright, well sorry then lol. Found it by the way, thank you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Popular maps Mar 23, 2012 07:24 PM (Total replies: 7)

I never said anything about wanting to play with people who know how to play, I just want to play with people online. Most custom maps I've used when i stopped for a while arn't on the default version I use now I suppose? But that really doesnt answer, how would I get one version 1.00?
Also, as a side note, not really interested in joining up with clans or anything. Not that involved.

Halo CE General Discussion » Popular maps Mar 23, 2012 06:02 PM (Total replies: 7)

I wouldn't know how to get one version 1.00. How would I do that?
Edited by ricola_reaper on Mar 23, 2012 at 06:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Popular maps Mar 23, 2012 05:11 PM (Total replies: 7)

Yes i know, the community used to get these once in a while. I've recently gotten back into playing Halo Custom again and so far, from what I've seen, there are many unoccupied servers out of the old maps I used to play:

Extinction
RPG_Beta_6.2
Sanctuary_Final
Yoyorast (any official version)
-that one zombie snow grove CMT map-

So my question is, are there just that few people on now? What maps are the servers running?
Thanks a lot!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Legends Prototype armor Sep 15, 2011 01:38 AM (Total replies: 46)

i think something like that would be kinda cool in a single player mission if it acts like a warthog and goes into third person, have that portion of the mission be to only use that and then force you out at a checkpoint. too keep it the whole way through would be overpowered as cheef said first.
Edited by ricola_reaper on Sep 15, 2011 at 01:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Terrible Truth: A Must Read Aug 12, 2011 12:33 AM (Total replies: 371)

I think the late nights are taking their tolls. Either that or the devil himself is in on it XD all the 666 stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » i messed up somewhere Aug 9, 2011 03:36 PM (Total replies: 6)

Iunno, i kinda like the white phantom. It's a good accident lol XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Trying to find a map Jul 20, 2011 04:29 AM (Total replies: 2)

Yup! Thats it, thank you very much.

Halo CE General Discussion » Trying to find a map Jul 19, 2011 07:34 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hey, i deleted a Halo CE because a virus screwed up the file along with a few other thing. I was trying to download all of the maps I've seen servers for again and I was trying to remember the name of one.

I believe it was a CMT map remake of rat race? there used to be a few zombie servers on it. Had a glitch with the pod so if you crouch jumped you could get in it (i know thats how most people remember it). It also had an area with the elevator from the halo campaign and a dark room with those engine pillars? the ones with the yellow lights coming from the top.

Hope that description helps. If anyone can tell me the name, thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » Effects textures Jun 4, 2011 12:02 AM (Total replies: 1)

Heya, i was wondering how to make an effect texture like...texture a cylinder with lightning so in game the lightning is moving in that circle. anyone know how?

Halo CE General Discussion » Character models May 30, 2011 11:57 PM (Total replies: 2)

Well when i link these bones to the mesh the move. My problem is, i have am arm floating next to the torso and i cannot connect the shoulder without the arm not being able to move anymore. Is this what you meant? Thank you for the link as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » UMP Public Beta May 29, 2011 11:52 PM (Total replies: 118)

Love the sphere level. I love the job you and or your team has done on zero gravity. it feels very close and is well done for the engine.

Halo CE General Discussion » Character models May 29, 2011 11:48 PM (Total replies: 2)

Is there any kind of tutorial on how to make a character for someone who knows like... nothing about it? I don't know how to attach everything and then put the bones underneath so the polys stretch, not just like.. floating boxes next to each other. If that makes any sense. I'd like to make one clean model of a person with no open edges where the joints are attached to the model instead of sectioned to fit the bones.

also, when i do this and i do make bones, those joints no longer move. I'll make an arm and attach the bone to the arm. When i go to create polygons and weld pieces together it no longer moves.

Halo CE General Discussion » If you could add Achievements to CE... May 28, 2011 02:44 AM (Total replies: 132)

To me, the running riot and killing sprees are the achievements. If a game per say gives you an achievement for your first kill or like most games anymore; running down a short hallway between two cut scenes, i don't think it should be used. If you come up with a creative achievement like maybe...for coming up with a tactical solution in a single player map that'd be nice. I cant think of an example right now though

Edit: how about an achievement for getting a grunt to kill another via sticky or being shot?
Edited by ricola_reaper on May 28, 2011 at 02:46 AM

Time: Mon May 22, 2017 3:28 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website