A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Tucker933
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 18, 2017 01:53 AM
Interests: PvP Gameplay Design
Your Age: 26
What Games do you play: No.
Tucker933.com

Post Statistics
Tucker933 has contributed to 119 posts out of 464182 total posts (.03%) in 2,644 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
So does this change the game clock speed to 1/60th of a second also, or is it merely interpolating animations, as in, anti-aliasing them so that it is still at 30 frames per second but with divided frames?

The latter.

Halo CE General Discussion » Chimera 35 interpolation bug... funny! Aug 12, 2017 02:59 AM (Total replies: 3)

Best to report issues.
Edited by Tucker933 on Aug 12, 2017 at 03:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is it possible to edit gametype icons? Jul 24, 2017 03:46 PM (Total replies: 2)

All I see on the subject that looks like it might help: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/3095-shell-bitmaps/

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
What map is this "appears in 00:10" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w79bnHXaemc because maybe that teleported effect could be the fix for the ugly broken covenant shields.

It's just the standard shield shader for MC.

This is the map though if you're curious: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6794-phoenix-3-ce/
Edited by Tucker933 on Jul 19, 2017 at 04:13 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about objects Jun 22, 2017 07:07 PM (Total replies: 6)

You'd want to place it with sapien. It'd be as simple as dragging it to where you want, and adjusting rotation.
Edited by Tucker933 on Jun 23, 2017 at 01:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Rcon hack? HELP Jun 15, 2017 03:03 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: omnitrix152
Do you guys have any idea how they do this and how I would do that with a server on halo CE? Do you know of any software which this is possible with?

Sounds quite like you want to exploit other servers yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do i tell what game version i'm on? May 28, 2017 12:29 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: 31nathan32
I dont see any servers... How do i get 1.10?

https://opencarnage.net/misc/HaloCE%201.10%20Patch.zip
Edited by Tucker933 on May 28, 2017 at 12:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Newbie Here May 26, 2017 08:24 PM (Total replies: 7)

Welcome!

I used to mod quite a bit, but not so much these days. I mostly just run Open Carnage, which now feeds new releases to our Discord server for keeping everyone up to date.
Edited by Tucker933 on May 26, 2017 at 08:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Where to find an install key these days? May 19, 2017 05:46 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tricky
Now I myself have an original boxed halo copy (with key) so I can install the game no problem, however I have a few friends who may want to play also. Whats the best way to find/buy a key so they can install too?

Most servers don't check keys these days as far as I'm aware, so you can get away with using the same key unless you want to play everywhere.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SOUND] Enable Hardware Acceleration and EAX May 4, 2017 08:52 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
is there a difference? its been years since ive been using it... like windows xp days

Colossal.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Screenshots don't work Mar 31, 2017 08:13 PM (Total replies: 9)

This AA injector that works with CE also adds the functionality of saving screenshots via the Print Screen button. They aren't saved to clipboard such as how the function otherwise works, but instead saves them to your Halo CE directory as bmp images, so you can take as many as you want at a time.

Halo CE General Discussion » multiplayer in halo-PC vs Halo CE Mar 9, 2017 07:20 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
More importantly, Custom Edition can play custom maps.

If you have HAC2, you can on HPC as well. They even show up in the lobby.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bypass 16 player limit Mar 2, 2017 05:52 PM (Total replies: 11)

As far as I'm aware, raising the limit to 17 has been as far as anyone's been able to manage.

Details here: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/4320-the-quest-for-32-player-md-servers/
Edited by Tucker933 on Mar 2, 2017 at 05:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 2, 2017 12:52 AM (Total replies: 11)

Your method doesn't work for me either =\ but checking the flag next to it called "Invert" does as you'd expect, making it so the flashlight is on by default. So that's two methods that work (for me).
Edited by Tucker933 on Mar 2, 2017 at 01:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 2, 2017 12:08 AM (Total replies: 11)

The method I showed works for me.

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 1, 2017 11:24 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: KasperZERO
Could you please go into some more detail about this? I don't know where that is you got that screenshot from

I don't have any experience with CE tools; that picture is from Eschaton, but the only significant difference is the UI.

Though you can use Eschaton for meta edits to CE maps if you really want to. Just use the "Classic" controls scheme (File -> Preferences), open the map (not Open and Expand), go to the relevant biped tag, select Sparky's plugins, and follow the path shown there in the picture. Make sure to hit Enter after changing the value, or it will not save.
Edited by Tucker933 on Mar 2, 2017 at 01:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 1, 2017 10:15 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: KasperZERO
Is there a way to activate flashlights as part of the meta or tag, or does it have to be scripted?

Changing the lower bound in the biped's light function to 1 should do it:

It makes it so the flashlight is on regardless of state.
Edited by Tucker933 on Mar 2, 2017 at 01:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good ODST singleplayer maps? Mar 1, 2017 08:33 PM (Total replies: 11)

This is older and unfinished, but was just re-released today on OC: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6735-girdlock-unfinished-map-by-english-mobster/

Halo CE General Discussion » Do we need a new map hosting thing? Feb 23, 2017 05:21 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Quote: --- Original message by: Tucker933

This is still the site to go for reliability though.

How so?
Edited by Tucker933 on Feb 23, 2017 at 04:01 PM
It's been up for more than a decade and I don't think Dennis is planing on taking it down 'till it is no longer worth it to host the maps.

By such logic nothing will ever match HaloMaps, which is quite a sad outlook. Of course it hasn't been around as long, but it doesn't have a problematic record as far as I'm aware.

Though even if the database became too much of a burden to host, there are at least a few other entities that'd be willing to bear the cost. If it's about regularly updating the database, a lack of interested parties would be indicative of a much bigger problem within the CE community.

HaloMaps as a file-sharing platform is incredibly cumbersome, and I doubt anyone that uses it knows there's an alternative.
Edited by Tucker933 on Feb 23, 2017 at 05:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Do we need a new map hosting thing? Feb 23, 2017 04:00 PM (Total replies: 6)

This is still the site to go for reliability though.

How so?
Edited by Tucker933 on Feb 23, 2017 at 04:01 PM

Time: Mon August 21, 2017 9:38 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website