A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Strydehawk
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 4, 2010 02:17 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Banana+Squidward
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Strydehawk has contributed to 37 posts out of 469389 total posts (.01%) in 3,424 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I need help with some animations that I couldn't find in the vehicle tutorial I downloaded.

How do I make animations for:
The Pelican going up and down,
The Ghost going left and right,
And the vehicle turret only being able to face middle-left, middle, middle-right, bottom-left, bottom, and bottom-right and towards the front only(except for the middle-left, bottom-right, etc. which should face only slightly sidewards)

XXX
- - -
- - -

Hyphens are where it can aim, crosses where it can't

Quote: --- Original message by: sargejohnson
you can set the pilot to have 3 weapons, as long as they are in the "weapon" file of the vehicle.
for the copilot however, you need to have him use a weapon that he is carrying, not the gunner weapon. Halo ce cannot support 2 gunners.

alternatively, you can attach a turret to the vehicle (like how the warthog in coldsnap can be picked up by the peli), and set the copilot to enter the turret's seat when he enters through scripting, but it will be buggy.

It just came to my mind that I would be doing this for single player, I forgot to say.

Still, if I would just place an AI copilot with a special chaingun weapon, I'd have the trouble of animating it. Attaching a turret to the vehicle works, but still, it needs some scripting, which I haven't done for a while(but it can't be that hard, now can it?), and I need to make it nearly seamless.

But I'm pretty sure both pods would be in the pilot's control. Or I could make the copilot seat nearly obsolete, just for transport(I'd probably even throw in a cargo variant for my vehicle). I'll just attach the chaingun function to the pilot's flashlight. Just like I said.

Oh... But I can rig the pilot to have 3 weapons like with the heavy Scorpion, right? I mean the chaingun gets rigged to the flashlight, primary trigger fires the left, secondary fires the right, that's possible isn't it? Then the copilot would just sit there. Or probably fire through a firing port. Not really.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make A Bipeds Mouth Move? Jul 3, 2010 07:12 AM (Total replies: 18)

Same way you move the other parts of the body...

*sigh* Modifiers>Skin>Edit Envelopes. There was another method but I forgot. Physiology, was it? Oh, and I think you might want to make a bone, not a node. Anyways I'm not good with bipeds.

After that, don't you think it's better to play around with 3ds max/gmax yourself? I mean you are very much free to search the internet, but your learning skills would be sharpened easier if you don't ask specific questions much and search for it yourself. /offtopic

I've been trying to do this for a while now...(not counting the few weeks I didn't do anything with HEK)

Basically I want the pilot to fire the rockets and the co-pilot to use the machine gun on the n-pelican(I think). Oh, and can you make the pilot fire the left and right rocket pods separately?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » CMT tags fail me...(please help!!) Jun 14, 2010 01:27 AM (Total replies: 35)

Yeah, complete, but you can't rip it with HEK+, so it's completely worthless if you want it, so better forget it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien closes when map is large Jun 13, 2010 10:59 AM (Total replies: 32)

Quote: --- Original message by: RevolutionaryCaptain
Do you have dual processors?

Well this couldn't have been your first problem, but it could well be your second problem, though I don't know how this happened. Sapien doesn't like two processors, so you have to run it on one.

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
a map cant be any bigger than what, 120 MB? 160 MB? otherwise tool wont compile it. so the more different kinds of weapons you have, the closer it gets to the maximum map size limit

Actually... you haven't played the unfinished SPv2 yet, have you? B40 was 349 MB.

Let me explain. Tagspsace is, like we said, the amount of tags that you can put into a map. But there are some things you might want to remember. These are, however, in my own experience.

1. When you put in, say, a Wraith, and place say, 5, those 5 don't contribute much to tagspace. They just make the .scenario file a little larger. This is because you are just placing more instances of one tag.

2. When you add the same tag twice, because with my PC it has a delay when you click the "add' button and when it actually appears on the list, and you click it a second time because it isn't there yet, that, from my knowledge, adds up to tagspace. Regardless of what the tag is, even if they're exactly the same, it will count as two separate tags. Though, if they're in the same directory, and have the same name, that's different.

3. Save it up, don't put one Scarab that you want to rampage through the city with its main gun, and put in another Scarab tag that would fire at you with its secondary gun. Just make the Scarab's weapon have a primary and secondary trigger and projectile. This is obvious enough.

Quote: --- Original message by: leyuen
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444
no limit except tagspace.

tagspace?

Self-explanatory.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 Killed my PC! Jun 11, 2010 06:04 AM (Total replies: 60)

Like I said, the only way CE can kill your PC is in your imagination.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 Killed my PC! Jun 10, 2010 09:19 AM (Total replies: 60)

Shouldn't matter how old your PC is, as long as you keep doing proper and regular maintenance.

...which by "maintenance" I mean replacing parts when they get too out of date or too worked out.

...which by "replacing" I mean gradually phasing out your computer by removing and replacing parts one by one until nothing remains from the original.

Well, anyways, Halo CE is just a beanbag that can't kill your PC. It might hurt, but the only way it'd kill your PC is when it keeps hitting you, and that's what Halo CE can't possibly do.

Halo CE General Discussion » map idea and model Jun 10, 2010 07:54 AM (Total replies: 2)

Pretty much, without any side routes, all the force from the attack will just be concentrated on the bridge, and will pretty much end up like the Korean War.

Either side in the image would be red or blue. Except the fronts wouldn't stabilize. Though, it does feel like a real battlefield rather than the usual SpecOps a spartan does.

Narrows is a different case. It isn't just a flat bridge with sloped ends leading to octagonal bases with a little detail added.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » CMT tags fail me...(please help!!) Jun 10, 2010 06:09 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ilikdonuts101
are you talking about "CMT_tags_unplayable" or the SPV2 level b30?
And it's not really arguing, this random is calling me a troll in every thread i post in.

Umm, I don't mean to be violent or w/e, but pretty much you aren't contributing. The closest you got was with the grav hammer.

...which is, as of yet, unsolved. Most grav hammers, whether you can rip/download them or not, are models of the Fist of Rukt(in fact, I think all maps with the grav hammer use the same tags for the fist). There's an H3 grav hammer model out there, but it's still just a model. I'll compile it for you into a .gbxmodel, and throw in the shaders, but creating the .weapon tag and other tags will be your job. I won't promise it'll work in-game.

well, a little part on xsnoder's side, but mostly on you. You're a troll, he feeds the troll. You're both doing it wrong.
Edited by Strydehawk on Jun 10, 2010 at 06:13 AM
Edited by Strydehawk on Jun 10, 2010 at 06:14 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » CMT tags fail me...(please help!!) Jun 9, 2010 11:00 AM (Total replies: 35)

Wait, what problem were you having again?

I'll just mention that the CMT grunts are relatively unmodified. Well, not significantly, at least. You can pretty much just rip the default Halo ones.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help with vehicle weapon Jun 8, 2010 04:15 AM (Total replies: 2)

Ok, I'll try it after I finish this model, I'll tell you if it worked.

No, I don't think it did. I'll try again on another vehicle.
Edited by Strydehawk on Jun 8, 2010 at 04:32 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help with vehicle weapon Jun 8, 2010 03:49 AM (Total replies: 2)

How do you make the vehicle weapon restricted to fire where the VEHICLE is facing, NOT where the camera is?

Halo CE General Discussion » Has anyone made... Jun 8, 2010 03:21 AM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98392347-4.jpg

That head is using a different shader. That or it's photoshopped.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modeling a Warship Jun 8, 2010 02:54 AM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: Link2262
@Strydehawk
Really? :D

@CAG Gonzo
I think I know why my ship looks like the COQ no matter how I change it. Both the COQ and the WOL are Apoc-Class Frigates.

Yeah, although the hangars are bulging out too much... And those lines are bugging me, but I wouldn't advise removing them, they aren't that bad, not bad at all, and IMO what sets it apart from the original Halo warships.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modeling a Warship Jun 7, 2010 12:42 AM (Total replies: 31)

You know it's really hard to believe that's original and not taken from existing Halo objects... but apparently, I know it is!

Halo CE General Discussion » Would you prefer OpenGL or DirectX? Jun 6, 2010 11:47 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Quote: --- Original message by: Strydehawk
OpenGL for compatibility. DirectX for graphics. It's like comparing a spoon and a fork.
One can be used in more situations, but the other is more suited to such situations and can handle a few more others. You can't use a spoon to pick up a steak like you would with a fork, but you can't eat soup with a fork either, now can you?

And this is why some random guy invented the spork.

And there is a reason you don't use a spork to eat lasagna.

Time: Sat October 19, 2019 7:39 PM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website