A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Matt23488
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 10, 2010 01:10 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Matt23488 has contributed to 5 posts out of 464191 total posts (0.00%) in 2,635 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Portal Game Maps Design » Hammer question Jun 10, 2010 01:10 AM (Total replies: 0)

I'm having trouble with surfaces that you can shoot a portal on. I've got a valid portal texture (concrete wall), but its surrounded by metal walls, and even though it's big enough to shoot a portal on, it wont let me. I can't find any flags or anything, to enable portals (that would be helpful, instead of it being coded into the textures). Any help would be appreciated.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Problems installing HEK Jun 7, 2010 07:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

Aww, I figured that was the problem. Well I guess I will when I get some money. Thanks for the response.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Problems installing HEK Jun 7, 2010 05:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

After I click "Install" it gives me an error saying that it could not detect that I had Halo CE installed on my computer. However, I do... Any help would be appreciated, I would like to make some maps.

Also, I have Halo: Combat Evolved installed as well (it was installed first) should I uninstall it?

Portal Game Play Discussion » file location i cannot find help plz??? Jun 7, 2010 04:51 PM (Total replies: 1)

Well, mine is installed in C:\Program Files\Steam (not Valve) so looking there. If it's still not there, do this:

Use Steam to create a desktop shortcut for Portal (If you don't have one already). Next, right click on the newly created shortcut and click "Open file location". This will open the directory that Steam is installed in. On my PC, this directory is C:\Program Files\Steam

Portal Game Play Discussion » Trap by Scorpionfa - HELP! Jun 7, 2010 04:03 PM (Total replies: 0)

Yea, I am completely stumped on this one. I have got to the room with the two buttons and boxes, then through the door that the buttons activate. There is a button that kills you in this room. There are little openings to shoot portals through that end up leading you back to previous rooms. Also, there is a zig-zag like passage that looks like you've got to very carefully navigate with the portals, as there is water on the floor. However, there is an invisible wall blocking access to this area, but it's the ONLY way I can see to go. I even used noclip to try to figure it out, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. If you have trouble understanding the rooms I am talking about, let me know and I will post screenshots.

EDIT: Well, I posted screenshots anyway, http://www.xfire.com/profile/matt23488/screenshots/
Edited by Matt23488 on Jun 7, 2010 at 04:11 PM

EDIT 2: Well I figured it out :P so disregard this.
Edited by Matt23488 on Jun 7, 2010 at 06:18 PM

Time: Tue August 22, 2017 10:46 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website