A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: killzone64
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 9, 2017 01:22 PM
Website: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChSiOryHMNtyRmV_2ZfVwpw
Interests: too much to list. Add me on Discord killzone64
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: whatever i have time for. Xlive, PSN, and Steam: gokarter64
Too many hobbys not enough time

Post Statistics
killzone64 has contributed to 1565 posts out of 464307 total posts (.34%) in 2,690 days (.58 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 9, 2017 01:22 PM (Total replies: 11399)

Looking nice as always pope

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Project Glassed Jul 31, 2017 11:53 PM (Total replies: 3)

he is working on it but burney avoids this place like the plague so we dont give updates here.

all of his public updates are posted on his channel.

beta is still a ways off as it is.

Both companys have their strong suits. I personally wasnt a massive fan of what 343 did with the series and i was a fan of bungie untill the streaming pile that was destiny came out. I still however think their artists did a damn fantastic job despite the games shortcomings. Idk maybe i am a little biased in thst sense considering i got to meet both marty and issiac hannaford at vgl a few years ago.
Edited by killzone64 on Jul 30, 2017 at 04:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy forum anniversary ODX! Jul 29, 2017 06:26 PM (Total replies: 18)

it still scares me that i have been here for 7

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 29, 2017 06:19 PM (Total replies: 11399)

just proof im not dead. teaser pics.

Edited by killzone64 on Jul 30, 2017 at 04:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » :3 Waffles' WIP/RELEASE thread Jul 15, 2017 06:35 AM (Total replies: 1082)

damn. its been some time glad to see your return
Edited by killzone64 on Jul 15, 2017 at 06:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about objects Jun 23, 2017 12:29 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Temptii
I'm kind of new to this. Is it possible to set a property (as opposed to an effect) to have a model spawn inside of another model at a marker?

For example, let's say I have a gun rack as a scenery object, and I want to spawn a scenery object of a gun at a particular marker in the rack. Is this possible without effects or scripts?

pretty much right click to place the gun scenery and make small adjustments to the coordinates till its where you want it to be. if you want to place actual weapons like that you just need to do the same thing but check a flag so it doesnt fall, cant remember what its called though since i havent used sapien in forever lol. i think it was object already at rest or something.
Edited by killzone64 on Jun 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 22, 2017 07:51 PM (Total replies: 73)

cool. people coming back. a lot of halo ce's community has moved over to discord now but we still come to the forum to post occasionally.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 19, 2017 05:12 PM (Total replies: 11399)

things,

longstanding project wip. i have gone through so many revisions its a little ridiculous imo. getting there along with 4 other maps im working on. this being the farthest along so far.

so this proves it, im not dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 16, 2017 01:36 PM (Total replies: 86)

yep if your going to use michelles method it would be best used for a completely fresh tagset as redoing the old one would be a very time consuming and annoying process.

tldr you will not get anyone to help you unless you show some sort of substance beforehand. i got people to help me with my projects due to me attempting some difficult stuff and showing progress on it. now i am working with a full team that is building a mp and sp campaign.

also go ahead and try to port a reach campaign map. good luck to you. its a pain in the @$$ to convert reach maps to ce without destroying geometry. there are almost 180 different bsp sections or clusters throughout the whole campaign. each cluster having its own encounters and scenery pieces. each encounter will need to be remade. each and every tiny model ported. and thats only scratching the surface.
Edited by killzone64 on Mar 6, 2017 at 04:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Arsenic won't run Mar 5, 2017 12:34 AM (Total replies: 2)

sadly we dont have many people who mod halo pc on this forum. you may have better luck on a forum like open carnage or halomods. have you done all the standard rigmaroll such as running in compatibility modes, admin and such

Halo CE General Discussion » been a while Feb 22, 2017 02:05 PM (Total replies: 23)

good to see you around again most of the halo ce stuff has been going down on discord as far as conversation. halomaps is pretty much left for project releases and new players. there is a halo discord server that sparky runs that you can join if you want to see whats been going on.

https://discord.gg/JEeKTpB

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO WARS 2 is it worth getting, do to win 10? Feb 21, 2017 11:49 PM (Total replies: 26)

im annoyed that they didn't set hotkeys up correctly or fix the UI to work better for pc players. but then again being that its 343 and they are so rediculously out of touch with pc players im not suprised....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wafeoOv6C0A&t=1709s
Edited by killzone64 on Feb 21, 2017 at 11:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 19, 2017 08:38 PM (Total replies: 95)

im the best at dissapearing for long periods of time and re appearing to drop a couple posts lol

im also that guy that helps in the background on things but doesn't do much of his own stuff. (im too self critical to release anything )so i dont expect to see myself on any lists.

10. odx
9. PopeAK49
8. mooseguy
7. Mattdratt
6. higuy
5. Fireyscythe aka 0hunter0
4. jesse
3. Gamma927
2. waffles (helped me a ton when i was starting)
1. kirby

Edited by killzone64 on Feb 19, 2017 at 09:38 PM
Edited by killzone64 on Feb 19, 2017 at 09:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hac2 causes my install to crash Dec 11, 2016 03:57 AM (Total replies: 1)

Just today i tied to start up halo for a SBB gamenight and after it has been working for months i cant seem to get it to launch with the hac2 dll installed. I get a white screen, then a change to a super low resolution and then the game crashes to desktop. Fresh install and no opensauce... im on windows 10

Halo CE General Discussion » Editting .yelo maps help Dec 11, 2016 03:53 AM (Total replies: 27)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bottletopman
What's the dealie with gamecheat13? I've seen that ranting guy say that he destroys communities or something, I'm waaaaay outta the loop on this one, someone throw me a bone please, thanks :D

He can be an @$$ sometimes. Not a big deal. Btw you can use the realtime editor to play as a marine or just use cheat_bump_possession and after you run into a marine and possess the biped switch the cheat off

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 3, 2016 11:20 PM (Total replies: 11399)

Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck
Working on a cliff wall for a project, I'm trying to gauge how well it's actually reading as a rock/cliff. I feel like the more I stare at it the less it looks anything. The silhouettes are the approximate scale.
http://i.imgur.com/csPrqcT.jpg

damn... i wish i could make cliffs like that... i suck at making natural terrain XD. thats why everything i make is hard surfaces

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Nov 6, 2016 11:15 PM (Total replies: 1161)

dratt has seen the light. porting sucks, custom maps ftw

if anyone else wants to attempt this once the release happens:

Quote: --- Original message by: Tucker933
Have at it.

Edited by killzone64 on Nov 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM

this feature was sadly broken by the 4.0 opensauce release.

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 4:02 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website