A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: killzone64
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 29, 2018 04:24 PM
Website: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChSiOryHMNtyRmV_2ZfVwpw
Interests: too much to list. Add me on Discord: killzone64
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play: whatever i have time for. Xlive, PSN, and Steam: gokarter64
if im not at my pc im at the racetrack

Post Statistics
killzone64 has contributed to 1575 posts out of 467773 total posts (.34%) in 3,054 days (.52 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
I don't think I ever did, but here was the first animation set I showed to the public:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-U9ooKo1Ro
Edited by ODX on Mar 28, 2018 at 08:28 AM

i would love to be able to animate lol. i suck at it, defiantly more of a modleler

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 26, 2018 04:40 AM (Total replies: 8)

My ping is great, However thats cause im on a gigabit network in seattle and the server is in texas. For you itll be completely different due to your distance from the server host (ping being the amount of time in milliseconds that it takes to send a packet of data to the server and back). Sbb plays a random selection of custom maps every week.

In order to get info pm me and ill send you a link to the sbb fan discord.

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 26, 2018 01:42 AM (Total replies: 8)

reducing ping can be done by either direct wired connection or increase in internet speed. networking in Australia is pretty messed up last i heard so i'm not too sure what you can do in that department.

not many if any AUS servers at all as most if not all of the players are Latino american or European. very few asian or pacific players. provided you have all the latest updates and HAC2 there is not much help i can give you.

SBB always does a gamenight at noon PST on saturdays. its been a while since i have been free for one but we always had it set up at a time where Taiwan (who lives near taiwan, go figure) could join when he was still playing. its going to be at 5:30 in the morning for you (5:30 Adelaide time) so you would have to be up early to join.

either way even at high ping the game can be stable its all about having a stable ping. the more stable your ping is the less you will have to lead your shots

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MK6ImBKO8te87dp406CWbq0xSg2uHTdxG_bKIGNF5Wk/edit?usp=sharing

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Are Pre-Rendered SFM cutscenes possible? Mar 25, 2018 03:24 PM (Total replies: 6)

not really. people tried some trickery such as seperating the video into frames and importing them all into a shader and using a script to rapidly change the texture from one to the next but it never worked properly. you can do a lot with the in game cut scenes though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Holographic Scenery Mar 25, 2018 03:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

you should take a look at the shader tags for the holograms in the campaign maps. they will give you a good baseline for creating good looking hologram scenery. there should be a complete singleplayer tagset available on the website for download

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
I'll respect the person who has only been here 1 year and has released excellent maps over the person who has been here 10 years has yet to release anything.

Time does not always mean more skill. These who has been here longest competitions only seem like people trying to establish some sort of pointless seniority.

exactly. i was more or less poking fun at the fact i have been around for 10 years and done a lot while not contributing much at all lol.

Quote: --- Original message by: Isxz
Hey, you gave me nostalgic feelings when I remembered those test maps you released back in 2013 iirc (2013 was the year I started modding with Halo CE, btw). I still have the original .rar with those old maps and I could upload them if you want. Idk, maybe for nostalgic purposes.

https://i.imgur.com/VjKullI.png

yea why not. i think i have some others laying around but its always interesting to look back at old work. i moved on from rips to fully custom stuff which is going smoothly atm.

also spiral you should quit using photobucket. they set a rediculously low limit on 3rd party link access in hopes that youll pay for their service. im in the process of moving all my old crap over to imgur

Edited by killzone64 on Mar 25, 2018 at 03:02 PM

yea. my only upload to the site was damn awful. i have always been a behind the scenes guy not really doing much major work until i learned to model properly about 5 years ago.

my only released contribution was an absolute turd of a map. i still make the SBB guys go back and play it ironically cause it sucks that much lol.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5950

most of my contributions were actually early ports back when we first gained access to the tools as well as OS shader work. i was the first person to port quite a few models from reach but i seem to have lost my map files that had all those items in them so all i have is old pics. they might be stashed somewhere on an old harddrive but who knows. i did release them unfinished at one point because they made their way into a ton of the really poorly done latino maps.

ill show a couple of my favorites and key points below.

Damagable fully ported halo 3 odst barriers that IMO should have been released long ago

first properly working halo 4 br

My custom halo 3 esque opensauce shaders

Brute chopper which i ended up giving to altis to finish and release. really fun vehicle to make!

unfinished falcon wreck scenery from tip of the spear, this has appeared in latino map rips

first fully ported set of halo reach hogs, effects and shaders were never finished

Unfinished reach grunts and elites with funky rigs

various scenery pieces all unfinished and all showing up in rips later on

banshee and phantom neither were ever finished

and reach pelican ofc unfinished

and to end it some work on halo 2 ports at the dawn of opensauce

here is a link to an album of all of my projects. in order from now to way back when i first started.
http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/gokarter64/library/halo%20pics

Edited by killzone64 on Mar 25, 2018 at 03:02 AM

figured id make a thread because i just realized today that it is exactly 10 years since i started modding halo ce. i never get rid of any of my stuff and i just happen to have the first map i compiled from the tutorial and its build date is march 24th 2008.

im starting to feel old....

anyways feel free for us longer whiskered members to post highlights from our time modding CE and go down a nostalgia trip as well as give a good history lesson for the newer members

Edited by killzone64 on Mar 25, 2018 at 03:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » making Halo great again Mar 24, 2018 09:39 PM (Total replies: 23)

a majority of the active halo Ce community has shuffled on to discord. i still check the forums for old times sake but discords where its at if you want to find players and have a community

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 9, 2017 01:22 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Looking nice as always pope

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Project Glassed Jul 31, 2017 11:53 PM (Total replies: 3)

he is working on it but burney avoids this place like the plague so we dont give updates here.

all of his public updates are posted on his channel.

beta is still a ways off as it is.

Both companys have their strong suits. I personally wasnt a massive fan of what 343 did with the series and i was a fan of bungie untill the streaming pile that was destiny came out. I still however think their artists did a damn fantastic job despite the games shortcomings. Idk maybe i am a little biased in thst sense considering i got to meet both marty and issiac hannaford at vgl a few years ago.
Edited by killzone64 on Jul 30, 2017 at 04:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy forum anniversary ODX! Jul 29, 2017 06:26 PM (Total replies: 18)

it still scares me that i have been here for 7

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 29, 2017 06:19 PM (Total replies: 11475)

just proof im not dead. teaser pics.

Edited by killzone64 on Jul 30, 2017 at 04:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » :3 Waffles' WIP/RELEASE thread Jul 15, 2017 06:35 AM (Total replies: 1082)

damn. its been some time glad to see your return
Edited by killzone64 on Jul 15, 2017 at 06:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about objects Jun 23, 2017 12:29 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Temptii
I'm kind of new to this. Is it possible to set a property (as opposed to an effect) to have a model spawn inside of another model at a marker?

For example, let's say I have a gun rack as a scenery object, and I want to spawn a scenery object of a gun at a particular marker in the rack. Is this possible without effects or scripts?

pretty much right click to place the gun scenery and make small adjustments to the coordinates till its where you want it to be. if you want to place actual weapons like that you just need to do the same thing but check a flag so it doesnt fall, cant remember what its called though since i havent used sapien in forever lol. i think it was object already at rest or something.
Edited by killzone64 on Jun 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 22, 2017 07:51 PM (Total replies: 73)

cool. people coming back. a lot of halo ce's community has moved over to discord now but we still come to the forum to post occasionally.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 19, 2017 05:12 PM (Total replies: 11475)

things,

longstanding project wip. i have gone through so many revisions its a little ridiculous imo. getting there along with 4 other maps im working on. this being the farthest along so far.

so this proves it, im not dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 16, 2017 01:36 PM (Total replies: 107)

yep if your going to use michelles method it would be best used for a completely fresh tagset as redoing the old one would be a very time consuming and annoying process.

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 5:09 PM 360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website