A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
Viewing User Profile for: AGLion
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 11:39 PM
Interests: Women >_>
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
- Animator... suck it -

Post Statistics
AGLion has contributed to 932 posts out of 466226 total posts (.20%) in 2,826 days (.33 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Any Team need member Jul 1, 2011 11:39 PM (Total replies: 172)

This place hasn't changed one bit.

Except for the annoying download timer.
Edited by AGLion on Jul 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 5, 2011 10:47 PM (Total replies: 14961)

It's actually not that bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » how do you steal? May 4, 2011 09:26 PM (Total replies: 199)

4 days.
5 pages.
infinite stupidity.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 1, 2011 09:46 PM (Total replies: 14961)

The previous photos have made my day.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
What people are trying to accomplish is like trying to modify a Volkswagen to work and function like a Airbus A320 based on the logic that they both carry people.

Halo CE General Discussion » No one finishes anything on this site. Apr 28, 2011 01:56 AM (Total replies: 75)

Not going to bother reading ^^^ so if I'm saying something already said, deal with me.

This game is old, ancient in fact. We have the CryEngine 3 out, UDK is still better than ever, Source is awesome, all with stunning graphics and a plethora of options and opportunities to create an awesome weapon, vehicle, scenery, map, or entire game. What does this ~10 year old game have? Low graphics (for lack of a better term), limited tagspace, old and limited modding tools, and an annoying 'quality' cap.

Don't take me wrong, the graphics are crisp and clean, and the modding tools are truly great for any modding starter, but it's OLD. The great degree of what is possible with the UDK or Source engine makes Halo 1 look like a drunken 386.

Perhaps I'm making a wrong assumption, because people probably don't move onto UDK after abandoning some crappy box map they made with Halo 1. But either way, there are bigger and better things out there.

Halo CE General Discussion » No one finishes anything on this site. Apr 27, 2011 06:53 PM (Total replies: 75)

And you making this obvious assumption helps the situation how?

Halo CE General Discussion » What's with game engines? Apr 26, 2011 07:11 PM (Total replies: 27)

Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
But yeah, that sucks... was just wondering how engines work and all.

Engines are exactly like their car counterpart. They lie under the hood, providing power to the game. In that case, they set important things such as physics and rendering of geometry and how they are used within the game. The actual geometry and tags lie on top of the engine.

This diagram is not meant to show the engine of the game, but it should give you a good idea of how the architecture of the game is set up.

** imagine the systems as players, and the interfaces as the controllers.
Edited by AGLion on Apr 26, 2011 at 07:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » What's with game engines? Apr 26, 2011 01:11 AM (Total replies: 27)

You can look at the game like it's a million piece jigsaw puzzle, stretched across a mile. As soon as you 'modify', break, or remove a piece, the puzzle is incomplete. You would have to modify the other puzzle pieces around it to make it fit together. And when you modify the puzzle pieces around it, you have to modify more puzzle pieces to make it fit, and on and on and on, until all the pieces of the puzzle fit.

Even if you could decompile and recompile the game to update API's, graphics and physics, it would take a long time and considerable blood, sweat and tears to make it stable. That's basically how many operating systems and computer programs are made.

Quote: --- Original message by: pepzee
Wouldn't it be illegal to change or upgrade the game engine?

If you sell for profit or distribute the game with an updated engine, then that would be illegal. If you do sell it for profit, Microsoft WILL hunt you down like a dog.
Edited by AGLion on Apr 26, 2011 at 01:12 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE on Linux Apr 24, 2011 02:26 PM (Total replies: 15)

Download a NO-CD patch from gamecopyworld.com, run the update after the game loads, then it should work.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo CE/PC. Hopes / Expectations Apr 24, 2011 01:43 PM (Total replies: 65)

Very in depth modding tools. Something on the scale of the UDK or Source SDK yet user friendly like the Farcry 2 or H3\HR Forge editors. I'd like to create huge, eye-satisfying environments that challenge older computers, and not tear my hair out doing it.

I swear on all that is holy, if the modding tools are not released or as shizzy as Halo 2 modding tools, I will snap my Halo 1 disk, delete Halo 1 from my hard drive, and never buy a Halo game again.

Quote: What i really want from all these "new halo games" is freaking flood that look like they could eat you with their eyes. I mean, in HCE; the flood were horrific (considering when halo was at its peak), halo 2.. They looked scary(ish) and acted freaky and their environments looked scary aswell.. Decent, but there was room for improvement. And Halo3. No horror aspect to them whatsoever. They resemble my colon. Even though that was Bungie's intent of their apparance and they did nail it in that sense.. But they just didnt have that freakish "imma kill you, but first imma make you shiz brickz" feel. :/

That's because in Halo 3, you've already played the last 2 games packed full of flood, you come to know what to expect from them. In the Halo 3 level Floodgate, as soon as that one Covenant Cruiser jumped into earth, I immediately knew that it was the flood. That's just because I know what they do and what they look like based on the last 2 games.

Now, if 343 does make any new Halo game, the Flood WILL NOT EVER BE SCARY. Unless you are playing that particular game for the first time, never touched another game in the series, there will never ever be any horror aspect to the flood.

I played Crysis 2 for the first time day-before yesterday, and I shat myself when those aliens started attacking me from above, and started eating the people. I'm sure if I had played Crysis 1, I would have not have been as scared as I was then. MY GTS 450 CAN HANDLE CRYSIS 2 1920x1024 ADVANCED SETTINGS BIATCHES! shoulda saved money for a 460 though.

Edited by AGLion on Apr 24, 2011 at 01:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 22, 2011 11:40 AM (Total replies: 14961)

The XM29 OICW is a real gun. It features a heavily stripped down 5.56 rifle or a PDW underneath a 30ml (i think) magazine fed grenade launcher. I'm pretty sure that the safety switches between the two guns.
Edited by AGLion on Apr 22, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem Apr 18, 2011 04:36 PM (Total replies: 874)

I still don't get where or how I'm saying people can't have fun on large maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem Apr 18, 2011 01:03 AM (Total replies: 874)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

As much as your blatant neutral standpoint on every single argument annoys me, huge ass maps (no pun intended) do not work on this game. When you have a map 3KM from corner to corner and 16 players to work with, you have a slow paced, boring game. People purchase (or pirate) this game to shoot and kill people, not flying through each corner of the map with a jet trying to search for people to kill.

When you have smaller, symmetrical maps, people have the ability to play the game the way it is best played. Take Hang Em' High with 12 players for example: encounters are quicker, and you don't have to walk 3KM to find another player to shoot and kill. The success of a video game can entirely rely on this.

I understand that your neutrality on everything (for whatever reason) enforces you to give me BS compromises like the one you just gave me, cut and pasted with modifications here and there, but that's just not how the world functions.

Quote: Both *blank* of *blank* are equally valid and one is no less important than the other.

Edited by AGLion on Apr 18, 2011 at 01:04 AM

The Pistol is a simple, consistent, and efficient weapon which takes a considerable amount of skill. It boils the game down to who can control it the best, while taking advantage of power weapons at the same time. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is debatable.

The Battle Rifle is a random, connection reliant weapon, yet still retains some deal of efficiency. It takes slightly less skill to use than the pistol, but still takes some degree of skill to use. The randomness of the spread and the number of shots hitting the target make it less favorable to the Pistol.

All in all, Pistol FTFW

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem Apr 17, 2011 11:00 PM (Total replies: 874)

Competitive and teamwork-oriented gameplay happens on small, symmetrical, fast paced with carefully balanced weapons and power-ups. Slow-paced and random gameplay happens on poorly designed, asymmetric maps with weapons, vehicles, and power-ups strewn about meaninglessly.

Halo is not a slow paced or random game, and is certainly not poorly designed. People play on maps like Extinction because important concepts such as skill gap and gameplay consistency mean nothing. Halo is a fast paced, competitive, and teamwork-oriented type of game. Small, symmetric maps work wonders on Halo.

When it boils down to how the game is played best, symmetrical, balanced maps trump over ungodly large, asymmetrical maps such as Extinction. Long story short, Gonzo's map will fail fundamentally, regardless of how much effort he puts into it.
Edited by AGLion on Apr 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 17, 2011 05:37 PM (Total replies: 14961)

This thread went to hell.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem Apr 11, 2011 08:29 PM (Total replies: 874)

More like prejudice :S

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem Apr 11, 2011 08:20 PM (Total replies: 874)

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion
I'm smelling INS...

United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. They deport illegal immigrants.

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 06:56 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dave Needs A Shave
You don't see me posting the demeaning content of your PM's here. Then again I'm not emotionally unstable enough to do so. Getting picked at on school will do that to ya i guess éh ildtp.

Well... you are emotionally unstable enough to be cyber bullying a guy over the internet.

Time: Sat March 24, 2018 11:52 AM 656 ms.
A Halo Maps Website