A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DarkAvengerX
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 15, 2012 12:55 AM
Interests: Embedded Operating Systems
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: ACB; ACR; H1; HCE; H2V; NFS11; Mabinogi; TF2; Minecraft
I'll just stick to music as mapping is not for me.

Post Statistics
DarkAvengerX has contributed to 215 posts out of 469375 total posts (.05%) in 3,381 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Your opinion on my map :) Apr 23, 2012 12:33 PM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: benjimod
Merci sa fait plaisir

haloal goe ahs ekjdjksj heifurteresisis gertudde der miel si fret die motrher karma thingy. xD

Nice ass map tho :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake Apr 23, 2012 12:29 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I would help if someone could help me with a certain Tool/Sapien problem.

Problem:When I compile solo maps(like tutorial),I can't spawn.When I compile multiplayer maps(like beavercreek with mods),it automatically exception's when I try to play.
A solution is greatly needed!

Weird :O before you complie delete and recreate your spawn point and see if that fixes it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] HaloRank Apr 18, 2012 12:46 PM (Total replies: 109)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Love the graph I give you a 10/10

10/10 :OOO
DUDE!!!
how about.....
(binary)11111111/10?

Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic
maybe but im reluctant to believe that they would do any new patch for pc after 3 years of no new patch's and with more halos for 360 people is buying them and leaving behind ce so for them it wouldn't be useful, so its more likely adolif and kirby to fix it than receiving MS help
though it would be nice to have some support for ce from them

Wasn't there someone at one time on this forum who was an actual dev for halo/halo ce? He can shine some light on the subject of whether or not a custom signed patch can be made to add such support.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] HaloRank Apr 17, 2012 04:17 AM (Total replies: 109)

IF ths is your system for the graph, it is very well put together. I like it. To be honest there are things from both graphs I like that could basically make a hydride graph... so to speak.

Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic
i like more the adolif method is faster and less buggy the only bad things is that lifts dont sync but in Guilty spark test map it was pretty good Coop map for a game with ai sync i hope he continues with it or i'll release the version he gave me to see if someone works on coop for ce or just stupid ai maps syncing ... lol
ofcourse i would ask his permision first , i dont want to piss someone off specially him

I thought there was a fix for the lifts :O

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] HaloRank Apr 14, 2012 02:38 PM (Total replies: 109)

@Sean Aero Let me know what I can do via pm

Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
I've seen this topic a few times, but the description given in the first post doesn't seem to match that of HaloRank. Also with "bumping" the HaloRank topic ( http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37749) here on halomaps not so long ago, I would imagined that this question was on a different project.

There were two method attempted when doing it, one was an integrated modification to halo which was found to be impossible, second was the use of a server application. During the test phase, (that I was a part of) It started and worked but the issues was the accurate tallying because I was using a pirated version of Halo. Which was accurate to the post. I did not, however notice that thread. Remember though, you wanted it do do a lot of things, but you wanted this system to be finished and in full working order.

I believe it was of your project, because images of the project on halomods (posted by The Cereal Killer) are extremely familiar. And especially remember that you wanted to sell legit keys of halo.

I believe so :)

Epic, this is it, but now it seems it completely outgrow me :(. I might have to try and contact him about getting filled and and rejoining the project. BTW do you like what the site looks like? Very nice I can't wait for more things to come about.

And oh my it is been slightly longer than I thought. You think he'd even remember me?

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Apr 13, 2012 04:15 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkAvengerX

ANYWAYS >:(

wut.

Nothing ^^

@The Cereal Killer Spot on, but can you pm me his name? Now I have my own system, i can beta test once again.

@Jaz Something like that but for what I am talking about, it would make halo think the entire game think it was local not just a specific artifacts on the map. It would basically allow a modded devmode to run allowing his to code the "event catcher" and play in online.

@Everyone, From everything I heard while I was a part of the project, it was closed, but that may have changed sense 7 months ago... assuming that it hasn't died.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Apr 12, 2012 04:57 PM (Total replies: 1793)

@msg 980 ANYWAYS >:(

I know it will be a great creation that is worth the wait.
Edited by DarkAvengerX on Apr 12, 2012 at 04:59 PM

A while ago, I was asked to test a modded Halo CE that was supposed to be able to synch with identical versions and record advanced stats while battling. At the point it was before I wasn't a tester anymore, they got the mod to start, but were in the process of if writing scripts and doing soft mods for the UI and the "event catcher". I don't quite remember the name if the person doing the project, but I know he also tried to get AI synching in multiplayer.

Dennis is at a point I am working to achieve. A long time ago I attempted to message him so he could be my mentor for my senior project and give me advice on how to act on the cruel internet, but he did not respond. I assume the message was lost in the black hole and that he lots of messages all the time.

Nonetheless I honestly believe you can't go wrong with his methods. I once operated a forum (nowhere near as successful as this one) and I learned a few things as problems arose. It got to a point that I had disable avatars and signatures (though I never thought to have a approved set of images) and not allowing others to become high level members because I wanted to be able to have control over everything that happened. I even started trying (but failed (that is why I not longer operate a forum)) to write a bot that would send me texts of "suspected offender posts" and have me approve or remove them with a click of a button.

I still have much to learn and I hope that I can one day learn it from the one and only Dennis Powers, my hero.

:)

Mad respect man, mad respect.
Edited by DarkAvengerX on Apr 12, 2012 at 03:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Request Apr 10, 2012 10:46 AM (Total replies: 16)

Lol no...
More like a shortcut I might have taken instead of doing the whole process like one would normally do.

Btw, when I'm learning there are no such things as shortcuts.

Only use them if they are practical and when you fully understand the process.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Request Apr 8, 2012 04:33 PM (Total replies: 16)

Nonetheless, back on track, it's up to whoever is up to it.

I do, however, insist. :)

Wanna see what I'm made of?
Wanna see if I can handle the truth?

Give me a chance and I will give all I got :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Can't see your own shadow from first person. Apr 8, 2012 04:29 PM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: ally
@DarkAvengerX: you just stated the obvious but sure lol

i just don't see the real point in worrying about it showing a shadow, but if it works for him then i bid him goodluck on his project.
'

As do I. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Can't see your own shadow from first person. Apr 8, 2012 04:12 PM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater

DarkAvengerX: Just because others haven't found something out yet doesn't mean that it's possible. Look at it this way, AI syncing online wasn't "possible" but i remember a way made just awhile back where someone used scripts to attach and detach vehicles of each body part to each body part constantly during a game and that synced online.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it can't happen BUT I am saying here is not the place someone is going to know that. Just so you know, you would have the create the fp biped and somehow get it into the game. Unfortunately, the engine used for CE does not support fp biped geometry. I think it is disappointed seeing as you render to someone else. They really cut corners IMHO. The updated Halo 2 Engine does however.

Your script though, just know that is going to be the only way it is going to happen as it is not natively supported.

Quote: --- Original message by: ally
i'm having trouble seeing what the advantage of seeing this shadow would even have, it won't make better game play, or visuals.
just seems to me like trying to do something that isn't worth anything.

Realistic game-play is the way of the game nowadays. I seems that it should support this, but this engine actually lacks it.
Edited by DarkAvengerX on Apr 8, 2012 at 04:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Can't see your own shadow from first person. Apr 8, 2012 11:10 AM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Cereal Killer
Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
...if you could detach your camera from the first person position and reatach it to, say, a marker right in the front of a bipeds mask. then you'd be able to see your shadow, and the rest of your body for that matter.
Disregarding the fact that others have already replied to you here, I would only like to further point something out: considering how much could be accomplished by what you just asked about being possible, don't you think people would have already done it if it were so simple to achieve?

Exactly

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 8:18 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website