A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Bret_Hart
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 03:08 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Bret_Hart has contributed to 24 posts out of 464846 total posts (.01%) in 2,708 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
The Halo CE Chronicles » Red vs blue streaming episodes? Jun 12, 2011 03:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

A long time ago there was a website that played red vs blue streaming episodes 24/7 with brief commercials advertising halo servers. I think it was called halo TV or something? Any sites like that now?

Halo CE General Discussion » I have created a UT3 remake of battlecreek Oct 14, 2010 08:24 PM (Total replies: 1)

And here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoHWz1eUgk

I'm so glad you asked, here's a short and noobish playthrough for 4 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dg5SYnS4Y

I'll probably release a beta within the next few days once I feel confident of doing so.

Well if it was that easy, someone would have done it by now

I wish I could, but making custom vehicles and weapons isn't really my forte since I'm not that great of a modeler

But the current vehicles I have in there such as the viper (feels like of like the ghost) and the hellbender (feels like the warthog kind of) will have to do for now. Will demonstrate those vehicles in a video. Sadly there's nobody really willing to take on the tast of making the weapons / vehicles for a halo-ish UT3. Not that I know of anyways. But there's still master chief character which makes it that much closer to feeling like halo.

I think someone did an icefield for UT3 already, not sure though. But I did do Sidewinder for UT2004, can't remember what happened to it though.

I'd need tons of high res screenshots to properly do a map based on the halo reach world :P

The thing with the UDK is that it doesn't have all the assets that UT3 does, plus limited actors and vehicles. I mean sure you could port the terrain, and turn the meshes into BSP brushes and import them into the UDK and texture by hand but that's really tedious. Best would to buy UT3 and ask me permission for the uncooked (uncompressed) version of the map to fool with yourself for a non-release version to play by yourself.

Quote: --- Original message by: 1337PotatoChips
If only we could apply those graphics into CE QQ D:.

haha that would be something

Oh well yes I did release a UT2004 version and can be found here:

http://mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3124

There is no UT4 in existance and probably never will be for quite a few years. UT3 is the latest game in the UT series. Don't let this thread die by tomorrow! I'll be posting a gameplay video. You can check out my other halo map videos here if you wish:

http://www.youtube.com/user/madcat75

Warning loud music in the first video that plays!

Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum
Ok...That already looks better than Halo CE, no need to push it, lol.

Oh yeah, it'll be at least a month before releasing the final version :)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum
They have hoverboards? Wow. I wonder why I never got around to buying this..
So are you done or..?

No, I am only in the preliminary phases of the mapping stage. I have completed the layout, laid out bot pathing, and gone over the map in single player mode to make sure there's no game breaking bugs. But I will ask some of my friends to beta test the map and ask for feedback gameplay wise. Then after I feel the beta stage is done I will release the final version after any bugs have been eliminated from the map. And FYI there are a bunch more maps out there in existance, and another by me, Timberland and Coagulation:

Edited by Dennis on Jul 31, 2010 at 03:06 AM

I did import them into 3ds max and applied smoothing to them

Yeah... well the bridges you can definetley use your hoverboard and go across in about 6 seconds, plus it is meant to be an alternate route versus taking the ground path to the flag, so it's riskier that way. It's either "hmm do I take the safe ground path with a vehicle or risk a more dangerous route?"

I don't see why it would be a problem.... I posted a thread like a month ago about it with like one or two teaser shots but I can't bump the thread since I replied in it last, so I figured I'd make a new thread with newer screens, since I have completed alot more since last time. And yes the map is from the first halo so it belongs here :P

Who's dennis? lol

Hey everybody, I've been chipping away at the infinity remake for UT3, about to make a youtube video tomorrow too! And then I shall release the map on the UT3 forums, and here if anyone's interested and has UT3. Enjoy the screens as I've enjoyed working on it.

Edited by Dennis on Jul 31, 2010 at 03:05 AM

Woops sorry bout that :P

Well I sure had to work hard for mine :)

Yeah, UT3 doesn't really require a beefy PC to run it on max settings, on my core 2 duo with 2 gigs ram, 8800 GTS video card it could max out the game at 1680 x 1050, 50 FPS all the time.

When I get closer to finishing it, I'll upload a youtube gameplay video.

Time: Sat December 16, 2017 3:53 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website