A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Echo77
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2018 12:29 PM
Website: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45109&start=1
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo: Custom Edition
Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Post Statistics
Echo77 has contributed to 3279 posts out of 467262 total posts (.70%) in 2,950 days (1.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Aug 4, 2018 12:29 PM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Perhaps I should simply make software to use all by myself and share nothing

This is a threat that rings hollow in this place.

people who care only about boosting their own ego

You're one of them (you literally just compared yourself to actual Jesus), and everyone has recognized this through your actions on this forum. That's why they band together against you. Jesus wasn't whinging and crying about how much people didn't like him.

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Aug 3, 2018 04:20 AM (Total replies: 31)

It has been all expense and no gain or reward, not even recognition, but only more mockery and disdain towards me

"The world owes you nothing: It was here first." - Mark Twain

I have spent .... decades of my life .... in the pursuit of doing nice things for the Halo communities

Halo came out in 2001.

It's currently 2018.

A decade is ten years.
decades

Something about this math doesn't quite check out.
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Like, what are you even buying?

Delusions of grandeur.
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

Next time I recommend you donate the $20,000 to Halomaps. It may help this place out, you never know...

We do need to think about donating more often, regardless of whether it has any impact on the site's relative inactivity, because (while we're on the subject of recognition) Dennis has put money, time, and effort into something that everyone of us has enjoyed since 2005. Not because he wished praise, or reward, or recognition, but because he made a promise.

Edited by Echo77 on Aug 3, 2018 at 04:25 AM

It's a dedicated server installation package. That means that you have the files and information necessary for hosting a Halo dedicated server.

I found the one-line OP hidden amongst thirty lines of text.
Edited by Echo77 on Jul 28, 2018 at 07:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA, RELEASE, AND MORE] RPG_Zulu_Final Jul 21, 2018 12:53 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kal_El
Beautiful Map! and Nicely done! but...no one plays these Large/Big maps anymore!

Because no one makes them anymore. If more people made them, more people would play them.

Quote: --- Original message by: YottaBiter
Had most fun playing DMT Air though.

DMT Air was surprisingly fun. You didn't have to allocate a ton of time to play it, you could just hop in and run the course a couple of times to see if you could beat your record, and then you got a nice medal at the end.

I quite like the Covert Ops series for its RPG elements.

Halo CE General Discussion » Stopping in Jul 4, 2018 07:20 PM (Total replies: 7)

This map and prior/subsequent iterations of it are multiplayer must-haves.

M6J pls

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The website has only been open for a little over 14 years. While that may be a major part of your guys's lifetime for me it is just an eye blink.

Halomaps ad infinitum

Halo CE General Discussion » Which are your favorite Halo CE maps? May 19, 2018 01:07 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Bigass by aLTis is great.

Can confirm. Other maps to look into include Chronopolis, Hydrolysis, Immure, No Remorse, and Z Coagulation H2.

The Covert Ops campaign is a good singleplayer series.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? Apr 26, 2018 12:01 AM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
Could all of our hopes and dreams finally come true?

It's the same message they've been giving us for 10+ years: "We're open to the idea," "We're keeping all our options on the table," "We're listening," "It's an exciting prospect." It's another non-answer.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 13, 2018 07:33 PM (Total replies: 196)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2ffc/dsemp6iydhy1q1y6g.jpg

Shiny Shaders are too Shiny

Shiny aside, this is pretty awesome. CE needs more civilians.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Where's that coming from? And there never was any forerunner tank vehicle, the only forerunner tank was the mission, and the only thing we have of that is from part of the gravemind cutscene.

It looks like a still from Evolution Of HALO [Beta Pre-XBOX] RTS & 3rd Person version, but the quality seems higher. It was amongst some files Michelle had bundled together. I'm not sure where it originated from initially.

Halopedia's page for the Forerunner Tank has a sketch that matches up very closely to the model in the screenshot, but this may be distinct from the one that was planned for Halo 2.

Higher quality image of early armor from another angle:

After comparing it against the sketch in Mega's post, it would appear that the rightmost vehicle is the Forerunner tank.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 5, 2018 01:22 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: natepley
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo...

Given that the Halo rings are artificial, I don't think any wildlife found on them would be native to the construct. They'd probably be species that had been brought in from elsewhere. I agree that it'd be good to see more ambient wildlife on Lumoria.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 23, 2018 02:36 PM (Total replies: 75)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
-Probably gonna do a second pass on that M6C

M6J when

Would also be nice to see some good SPI, the helmet in Dutch02's concept looks a little sharp though. The Ghosts of Onyx cover makes it look very rounded, fluid.
Edited by Echo77 on Feb 23, 2018 at 02:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 22, 2018 01:15 PM (Total replies: 70)

Voice acting was my main "issue" with Lumoria: It was really cool that they had it, and it wasn't all bad (they did better than I'd have done), but it wasn't the best either. As a player, I would rather have no voice acting (the Covert Ops campaign utilized on-screen HUD messages to convey dialogue) than sub-par voice acting.

Additionally, given the pre-Xbox influences on the Lumoria aesthetic (particularly the Spectre, Elite shield gauntlet, etc.), it would be cool to see more things like that.

Halo CE General Discussion » SP MOD Announcement Jan 8, 2018 08:11 PM (Total replies: 10)

When I saw "SP MOD Announcement" I was expecting another contentless OP outlining a vague concept for a custom campaign, but you've actually got a good-looking BSP together. Curious to see how things turn out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 14, 2017 12:08 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Mmm yes
It looks like an SMG

actually i do not even know where the magazine could fit, it's my first time at modelling. Though I had a good reference, thanks to someone's topic

Halo's M7 loads from the left side, for what that's worth.

Halo CE General Discussion » Mockups of modified 343i tags Aug 25, 2017 12:10 PM (Total replies: 9)

Rail placement is fine for flashlights and/or laser modules.

I think his intent is just to make 343 tags look more like Bungie tags, though, rather than to address the minutiae of controls.

Ejection port would be nice, but it'd be on the other side so we wouldn't even be able to tell in this concept anyway.

Time: Thu August 16, 2018 6:38 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website