A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: darknesssamurai
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 15, 2018 04:30 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Assassin's Creed Origins, Overwatch, Diablo 3, Horizon Zero Dawn
It started with a Mew card and now I have all this

Post Statistics
darknesssamurai has contributed to 98 posts out of 467806 total posts (.02%) in 3,067 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

The Complete Sonic Collection: Get all Sonic, Shadow and Silver bipeds, vehicles, scenery, devices and weapons! All three are now vehicle-compatible, plus custom weapons.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk36nv3biy6pf5e/AssetPack_HaloCE_byDKSS.zip?dl=1

Assets originally created by Sonic Mapping Team & SonicXtreme. Assets modified, upgraded and collected by DarknessSamurai.

BIPEDS INCLUDED:
1) Hyper Mode Sonic, Shadow and Silver
2) Super Sonic, Shadow and Silver
3) Normal Flying/Running Sonic, Shadow and Silver
4) Tails, Nights and Robotnic Robot characters
5) Multiplayer Mode (color-change) Versions
6) Broly Mode Shadow and Super Saiyan Sonic

VEHICLES INCLUDED:
1) Tornado 2 airplane by Tails
2) Homing Energy Aura flying vehicle

SCENERY INCLUDED:
1) Rings spinning animated
2) Chaos Emeralds multicolored

DEVICES INCLUDED:
1) Giant Gold Ring spinning
2) Red Spring Bouncer (jump on)

WEAPONS INCLUDED:
1) Chaos plasma cannon
2) Chaos plasma chargeshot
3) Chaos plasma pistol
4) Chaos plasma rifle
5) Chaos plasma rifle red
6) Chaos telekinesis force

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk36nv3biy6pf5e/AssetPack_HaloCE_byDKSS.zip?dl=1

Edited by darknesssamurai on Dec 15, 2018 at 04:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 15, 2018 02:32 PM (Total replies: 21)

I'm interested in volunteering too, help keep the CE community alive.

Was there ever an reason announced? Server costs? Legal proceedings? Technical issues?

I assumed the community just slowed down production naturally over time.

Submitting files to the site is no longer working. Has it intentionally been disabled? @Dennis

SUBMIT FILES PAGE: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=60

I'm uploading a .zip, only 20MB in size. Using the inspector, the page gives the following error: "failed to load resource server responded with a status of 500".

After pressing "Start Upload", the process begins; the 0% begins to increase. After a few seconds, the % number is replaced by a yellow triangle, then a pop-up error occurs.

There's no announcement section I have seen indicating Upload are cut off, though it does look like most uploads stopped significantly after 2016.

Are any of you also facing this problem with the upload feature?
Edited by darknesssamurai on Nov 30, 2018 at 11:46 PM

Thanks Kinnet for the backup video guide, glad to have it as a resource.

Anyone know a way to increase FP animation speed from within the .model_animations file? I want to avoid going into Maya or 3DS Max to do this.

I want to experiment with the FP weapon hands seen in Yoda's CO_Challenge01 map, however the first-person overheat animation lasts a full 2 seconds, which is impractical in battle. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6141

Edited by darknesssamurai on Nov 14, 2018 at 11:08 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
We are currently evaluating the feasibility of a release date sooner than 2 months from now, but later than 2 hours from now.

That is a priceless response teh! I'm using that one day.

Thanks Spiral, I've played it. That's in the ball park, definitely. It's more robotic than human though, especially the cool bionic arm.

Startup animation lasts a long 2 seconds and I'de removed the mechanical animation to make it more organic. It's in the right direction though. Anyone see other examples or what to take it up from scratch?

Here's what that looks like:

Hi everyone, DKS here.

I have a request for anyone with skills for the challenge. Help appreciated
A weapon that's simlar to the plasmid blast hand from Bioshock. Imagine Ki Blast lasts in first person, with human or cyborg hands.

I'm looking for a right and left trigger style, after rt fires, the lft-hand fires.
And overheat/charging animation version would be great too. With a hand in ready-to-fire position as idle fp.

Below are a few screenshots. I'm searching for functionality, art is totally secondary---a human hand would be simple enough. Anyone interested? My aim is to create a few DBZ-inspired hand weapons, charges and rapidfire.

Edited by darknesssamurai on Jan 24, 2015 at 10:05 PM
Edited by darknesssamurai on Jan 24, 2015 at 10:16 PM

Thanks IFA, your plasma pistol has been a cool feature with its Kamehameha -like charge effect in the fp (z team has well advanced upon the charge fx detail too). Can you tell us anything about your plasma pistol overhaul?

Thanks, even if the time is missed we are still in for a great refined experience and the commitment you all put in shows. Grab extra time.

My questions is which weapons (that we have already been introduced to), are getting upgrades/new projectiles/fx changes? I'm sure you want to keep all new weapons under wraps which I why I ask only about the ones we know of.
Edited by darknesssamurai on Aug 28, 2014 at 09:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 27, 2014 05:57 PM (Total replies: 12123)

CMT, will your Ranger Elites ever be making a come back on any new releases? They were not in spv3 and I think we fight one on a v2 map. There have been a few re - releases of Rangers in biped section which brings me to ask.

Great work on enemy variety, that's the only elite enemy I'm wondering about. Also, bonus, any plans on updated sentinels and flood forms in the distant future? The Covenant have taken the majority of good upgrades on looks and weapons by recent progress.
Edited by darknesssamurai on Aug 27, 2014 at 06:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » script error help, will not compile in map Jul 27, 2014 03:41 PM (Total replies: 4)

SOLVED
Thanks that worked.

Halo CE General Discussion » script error help, will not compile in map Jul 27, 2014 03:00 PM (Total replies: 4)

That space was my Android auto-correct.
Any other thoughts?

Halo CE General Discussion » script error help, will not compile in map Jul 27, 2014 02:53 PM (Total replies: 4)

SOLVED.

Need help on a small script

I have a volume trigger set up for player entry for screen convolution, sort of wavey shock wave on screen when they enter the volume.
The two errors say "... [line1] the value of this expression (in a <void> slot) can never be used.: jetboost)" Then, "this left parenthesis is unmatched.:(script continuous void jetboost"

When I fix one, the other error repeats twice. I can't tell if it's a wrong command or if its simply syntax.

SCRIPT:
(script continuous void jetboost
(begin
(sleep_until
(volume_test_objects triggerarea
(players)) 1)
(cinematic_screen_effect_start true)
(cinematic_screen_effect_set_convolution 1 2 15.00 1.00 1.00)))

Any help is appreciated
Edited by darknesssamurai on Jul 27, 2014 at 03:02 PM
Edited by darknesssamurai on Jul 27, 2014 at 03:41 PM

Thanks for the tip on this.

Gives me an error on Channels in Audacity and Goldwave only with sound permutations.
It probably can't open multiple channels inside the sound file.

I'll contact the creators of the other converters to see
if they can Reverse the process, for a Batch Sound Utility.

If we can convert to .sound it might not be too hard to go the other way around.

Thanks Maniac, it does open some sounds. But not all, and does something
off with sounds that have perumations.

I tested with character, music, sfx and vehicle sounds a moment ago.

Any other suggestions for .sound files with multiple perumations within them?
A Batch Converter for Sounds would handle this nicely.

Hi everyone, a Sound Utility request here

Convert Halo's .sound files to .wav/.mp3 (reverse order extractor)

There are 2-3 tools that take wav/mp3 to Halo format to
avoid using tool, like Halo Conversion Utility. But there's
nothing to do the reverse, like extract .sound or permutations etc)

Is there any utilities that do the reverse? Or would
someone be willing to create this?

(I have a need for it but I'm sure there are many others
it would be useful for, remixing halo sounds, edits etc.)

Edited by darknesssamurai on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Sentinel Maps Search Feb 16, 2013 12:54 AM (Total replies: 6)

I'm searching for a sentinel map I accidently came across based on the
"Sacred Icon" and "Quarantine Zone" maps from Halo 2. Can't find it at all.

Those are levels where sentinel spawn from wall-pods, there are enforcers and flood,
sentinel constructors as well, play as an elite.

I saw a Remade map based on it somewhere, textured, accurate models,
map was empty, less light than the original. Was a HCE map but can't find anywhere.

This wasn't to determine whether I'd release or not. Read my first post.
I wanted to open ripping up for discussion, since there's no one person who can speak for all.

Its possible, yes. Let this motivate others to try own solutions to crack <protection>.
But discussion on effects plus community opinion was important to me.

Thank you all for the input!
Now we know its possible and where some people stand.

Edited by darknesssamurai on May 6, 2012 at 03:54 AM

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 6:11 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website