A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: disturbed
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 03:20 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Im a mac, deal with it. I still run PC through emu
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
disturbed has contributed to 497 posts out of 469283 total posts (.11%) in 3,308 days (.15 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Nov 10, 2011 03:20 AM (Total replies: 155)

Cryosis was converted to demo.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 13, 2011 10:22 PM (Total replies: 155)

This is the silent cartographer. Dude, use higher quality textures for the cliffs on the first one its way too stretched. Also make them bigger.

The view of the island from a distance.

Touching down at the landing zone.

The new frag grenade explosion effects.

An Elite showing how, regardless of biped replacement, the character animations have remained the same.

A close-up of the super-detailed bitmaps for the interior of Covenant structures that will be seen throughout the game.

Descending the ramp to the security door. Demonstrates the new Forerunner interior bitmaps as well.

Looking back up the ramp away from the door.

An excellent shot of the Reach magnum's reloading animation for an empty mag. The guy who did this did some excellent work on the fine details. This is really my favorite thing about the mod. Bringing such a gorgeous pistol into the Halo that was defined by the magnum is really a treat.

Another shot of the magnum firing on a Hunter. Again, gorgeous detail for the pistol, as you can see with the upper receiver sliding back on each shot.

Moving through one of the lower levels of the Cartographer.

A plasma grenade detonating on a Hunter. (Thank God I had an overshield O_o) Note the great bumpmap detail on the right side of the image.

Approaching the Security Station

The new Elite Councilors replace Gold Elite Commanders armed with swords.

Readying a rocket launcher to fire on a Hunter.

Sneaking up on an Elite.

The glow of the rocket launcher round in flight highlights the underlying new detail in the Forerunner structure bitmaps.

This time, a rocket's explosion does the same, this time highlighting the super-detail bitmaps.

A better shot of the Elite Councilor bipeds.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 10, 2011 01:45 AM (Total replies: 155)

I want to make clear to all of you that this mod is being made for the retail version of halo, not CE. So if you make tags for him ask me to convert them (I run several desktops plus a virtual desktop of windows XP) or put the tags in an existing map file or tutorial.map for example. The ladder option is much less time consuming.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 10, 2011 12:14 AM (Total replies: 155)

I would make a quote but idk how on this site so i'll state what I read on many different sites
"The reach weapons were prototypes that never made it to mass production". The magnum makes sense. I don't really mind the shotgun. The assault rifle does not make sense, its a mac4 or something and the halo 1 is a ma5b I think. Completely different models. The covenant weapons seem to fit so far. No repeater though, please. That thing was the worst.
edit: ma37 not mac4 Also it took weeks for the POA to fly to halo, even through slipspace.
Edited by disturbed on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 10, 2011 12:06 AM (Total replies: 155)

No its not, in the swamp video, which is more recent, it uses the original halo CE assault rifle.
https://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=63306914&postRepeater1-p=1
The reach weapons were basically placeholders.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 9, 2011 09:37 PM (Total replies: 155)

You do realize a lot of people liked the mod right? Their telling you whats wrong with it, if they said "this mawd sux" than that would be trolling but what they are doing is giving you constructive criticism. Basically, make the weapons make sense, use consistent textures, and make them blend, because they are inconsistent.
Edited by disturbed on Oct 9, 2011 at 09:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 8, 2011 04:15 PM (Total replies: 155)

I could do that, but this guys not as good of a modder. I could ask him, but he seems to like the red. I think its interesting... About the shotgun, someone else on the fourms this is based at said they would fix up the bitmaps if he would give him the tags. He didn't respond to that -_-. he's very stubborn.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 7, 2011 09:07 PM (Total replies: 155)

I told him to use the halo 3 AR, but he kept the reach weapons, because he wants too I guess. Reach weapons don't even fit if this is an anniversairy mock though, I would have understood halo 3 models.
Here are screenshots of the library.

Right at the start of the level.

Shotguns: world-class zombie repellant in any video game.

Flood bitmaps are slightly modified to give off a slighter hint as to the original appearance of their unfortunate host forms.

The shotgun in action again, mid-shot.

A wide shot of the appearance of the Library.

A bird's eye view of the platform that circumferences the Index.

A different shot of the same platform, this time from underneath.

One of the long corridors, about halfway through.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 4, 2011 02:28 PM (Total replies: 155)

He posted some screenshots on another site. Ill go ahead and put those here. There are a bunch so I'll just post these
NOTE: this is all for halo PC/mac, not CE.

aaaand a30:

-Mgalekgolo
Edited by disturbed on Oct 4, 2011 at 02:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Oct 3, 2011 12:51 AM (Total replies: 1627)

You wouldn't have to edit the model. I think there's somewhere in the GBXmodel where you can null everything but the cannon. I've seen it done many times.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Sep 5, 2011 10:49 PM (Total replies: 8490)

About the reach peds, if anyone makes any could you send me an obj file of it and the skin bitmaps? It would be great for a mod for another game currently indev.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Sep 3, 2011 08:55 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Maybe tool+?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Aug 31, 2011 01:00 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Burn...

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Aug 27, 2011 01:24 PM (Total replies: 8490)

In the first level or so (not cinematic) there were a few civies.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Aug 24, 2011 01:24 AM (Total replies: 1627)

alright cool thanks bro.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Aug 15, 2011 10:06 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Well I will be able to play this as soon as its unprotected (converting errors all that)

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Aug 15, 2011 01:25 AM (Total replies: 1627)

damn thats the guy who made those old plugins 0_0. cool.(physics i think) but anyway this has probably been asked before but will this be uprotected?
Edited by disturbed on Aug 15, 2011 at 01:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Aug 6, 2011 10:01 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Oh right you have to add more force too.
And the whole point is having the guns yaw pointing down all the time.
Edited by disturbed on Aug 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Aug 5, 2011 10:58 PM (Total replies: 1627)

In response to all the jetpack stuffies it was easy to make. have it shoot rockets with no damage down and map it to the flashlight. I made one before, it looked nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Jul 24, 2011 06:03 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Try ripping 2 single player bsp's and trying to put them together >_> (Map:halo)

Time: Tue August 20, 2019 11:15 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website