A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Neonstar
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 26, 2015 07:31 AM
Interests: Gaming, music, drawing, the 80's
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: FPS, RTS, Racing sims and space sims (Elite Dangerous)
Nothing like inventing a terrible forum name at 11
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Neonstar has contributed to 55 posts out of 469511 total posts (.01%) in 3,415 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I was messing around with HAC2 and Multiclient in windowed mode, and I tried to make the game as close as possible to the screenshot. I think the FOV is 110 degrees give or take what I think is a slight camera adjustment for every player, because the weapon in bottom half of splitscreen appears to have a higher FOV based on weapon placement onscreen (If you fire up Xbox CE and give both players assault rifles, you'll see what I mean). An FOV setting of 120 meets the bottom in weapon placement but has a really bad fishbowl effect. Because of this, I think the camera may be lower or something for bottom half players.

Screenie showing comparison between 110 FOV Halo and a screenshot from Xbox CE's IGN review from 2001: http://imgur.com/dAqVXek (Not embedded because it's the resolution of two combined monitors with the unrelated parts of the displays cropped out)

I was also messing around with multiple players via Multiclient, and I figured out how to have an X360 controller control one instance, and the KB/M control another. The only snag I've hit is getting both copies to be active windows at the same time, because the inactive copy freezes. Does anyone know a way around this? I'm interested because I run a dual monitor setup and I play a few games with friends (including Halo Online :D ) with 'splitscreen', except I run one instance in each display.

Of course I doubt this works in campaign because the AI doesn't sync (so I've heard).

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Say hi to the hobbits for me.

I'm sure they all want to say hi back but we have a potato for a leader that probably sold them off to some private contractor.

Also, it's meant to be a secret, but our nation's government are potatoes.

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
Your under 14 on a +18 rated videogame

Actually I'm 16 now, and the first Halo has/had an M rating where I live in New Zealand meaning the game content was recommended for, but not restricted to persons at least 15 years old. Halo 2, 3, ODST, and Reach are R16. When I preordered Halo 4, the sticker on it was 'M', but they're all R16 now as well. Wars is PG.

I guess I'm 'returning' to the forum, since I last made a post when I was eleven. I 've seen the CE community develop over the past five years, with some of the coolest releases of Halo CE modding, such as SPV2, and Lumoria. Also, congratulations to the CMT team for working on TSC:Evolved, that must be one of the best examples of pushing out the limits on an over decade-old engine, and I think that is just amazing. Looking forward to any future projects you all work on.

Anyway, I'm now interested in game modding and music composing, in hopes that I can make a full custom scenario on an old game engine like Marathon or DOOM. Recently, I watched the Halo 1 Gamestock 2001 footage, and I noticed the HUD has a slightly different look that I think looks kinda cool. I realized shortly afterwards that my PAL Xbox Classics copy of Halo Combat Evolved has that same HUD on the back. The original version of the game art (non classics/platinum) didn't have it, which means someone put it there. Interesting...

I'm trying to find the easiest way to go about an attempt at remaking the HUD and importing it into Custom Edition. Right now, I'm thinking I'll hack it in with Texmod (I have absolute difficulty with 3D modelling, and never could get my head around anything to do with modding Halo, besides using Sapien). Has anyone got any thoughts on the 'beta' HUD? I would also attempt at implementing the 'beta' ammo display, but since the font size is different and the 'bullets' under the total ammo are simply two bars for the AR, that probably wouldn't be doable with Texmod.

Edited by Neonstar on Aug 22, 2015 at 01:52 AM

Ummm...

Is there way to make a bump-possesed marine speak, using the console, or do you have to modify the tag

Also i was playing around on the dev console- There is a marine helmet cam and another one with static...

Are those the only FX or not?

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Could you perhaps find those songs? Because I honestly have no idea what either of them are and searching them gives me plenty of options to choose from.

Here http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_OST

Yes

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Please though, state what it is that you want again.

I would someone to edit the CMT UI for me:

Devils... Monsters...
Drumrun (Double D)

Could someone Replace CMT UI's music with these two songs?

I will give that person credit

I DO NOT WANT A BATTLEFIELD
Please!
No sarcasm

Besides, 10 year olds shouldn't be posting. Quote from l283023

Helpful and friendly comments ONLY-after two days my secont topic gets locked
NO ANTI-PERSON stuff
This is ridiculous

If I get pissed off one more time, I WILL go nuts!

AND ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLETE OFF-TOPIC
Edited by combatxtreme on Aug 7, 2010 at 01:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » You WILL NOT abuse people who make requests Aug 7, 2010 01:32 AM (Total replies: 142)

roger that!

Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444
Quote: --- Original message by: combatxtreme
Thanks Zira

Dennis ought to applaud you

Seriously guys people ask for simple tasks that they need help with, then "Do it yourself", I Can't! That's WHY I STARTED THE TOPIC!!!

If we keep this up, we won't get anywhere!

Maybe you should lurk moar or something. I made maps and mods and stuff for 2 years before I even made an account here. Long enough for me to not have questions about what many may consider the simplest stuff.

To be or not to be

To ask a question or not to ask a question

That's your opinion

Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum

Quote: --- Original message by: combatxtreme
Thanks Zira

before anyone else does, lololololololololololol. Appreciate the thought.
Edited by Zira Vadum on Aug 6, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 clap clap clap!

Thanks Zira

Seriously guys people ask for simple tasks that they need help with, then "Do it yourself", I Can't! That's WHY I STARTED THE TOPIC!!!

If we keep this up, we won't get anywhere!

Halo CE General Discussion » You WILL NOT abuse people who make requests Aug 6, 2010 11:41 PM (Total replies: 142)

Well good luck
It's my 2nd day at the forums and people are telling me
"God, what do they teach you"
"Do it yourself, you have the tools"
and so forth.

Please enforce the rule more, mostly no one I've met is following the rule about abuse and requests

I didn't sign up to get laughed at
Edited by combatxtreme on Aug 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Man... this is becoming a total wreck on my 2nd day in these forums
I have only made 3 requests

Does Anyone here listen to Dennis, cause at the moment it sound's like only a few

Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14
WOW!!! this got really off topic. come on guys just SHUT UP and help the guy out with his request. If not then just don't reply.

Thank you Dark Assasin.

Back to the TOPIC!

Halo CE General Discussion » winrar? Aug 6, 2010 10:59 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444
7-zip is indeed the winrar when it comes to zipping/unzipping.

Yea i use it. Good stuff.

7-ZIP RULES THE WORLD ...now where's my pie...

Halo CE General Discussion » winrar? Aug 6, 2010 10:52 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
WinRar has all I need.

Yes, but 7-ZIP is free

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Wait... Let me get this straight. Youre 11, and you learn how to progam in your school, with a class size of 250? I feel bad for that teacher. /sarcasm

yo

i was 11 when i started ce

stfu

Yo i know youre trying to be funny. But srsly you missed thw point derp. Programming in school at 11 is excessive. You dont program when you mod a game dood. I started when i was at least 11.

Ididn't say CE required programming, well I don't think I did...
and what u quoted(what I said) was a joke, directed to me, I didn't mean it to anyone

Halo CE General Discussion » winrar? Aug 6, 2010 10:14 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
^This man is smart. 7-zip is awesome.

Thanks
'
But 7-ZIP being best is an opinion
there may be better compression applications, as I have only used Win-ZIP, 7-ZIP and Win-RAR

Time: Wed December 11, 2019 5:41 PM 562 ms.
A Halo Maps Website