A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: rerout343
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 31, 2013 07:53 AM
Interests: Modding Halo, Playing zombies on Black Ops 2
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Halo 4, Black Ops 2
Targeted and Firing

Post Statistics
rerout343 has contributed to 854 posts out of 469513 total posts (.18%) in 3,415 days (.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Is it just me... Mar 31, 2013 07:53 AM (Total replies: 8)

Personally I always thought the new pelican cockpit was more reminiscent of the Hind:

Halo CE General Discussion » Collision Models Will NOT Compile Mar 11, 2013 08:40 AM (Total replies: 20)

What error are you getting in tool? Post the last paragraph from your debug.txt

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] HALO4 ELITE MODEL Mar 8, 2013 06:12 AM (Total replies: 108)

I just found out this same model was also being talked about on Facepunch, however the person who posted the image claimed that it was ripped by corra_ashu. I'd be willing to give TDog the benefit of the doubt here but given that this account only has 3 posts and it was created the same day as this thread, I don't think I can. After all, it's not like this is the first time some one has posted stuff from another site claiming it's theirs. If I'm wrong I apologize, however given the situation I don't think I am.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » OS 3.1 -Drivable Bipeds Feb 17, 2013 07:25 AM (Total replies: 4)

I might be wrong about this, but I think I recall someone saying that the Drivable Bipeds feature was removed for the time being to work out some bugs with it.
Edited by rerout343 on Feb 17, 2013 at 07:25 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about creating Bipeds (urgent) Feb 10, 2013 08:32 AM (Total replies: 5)

Tool accepts both "frame" and "bip01" as prefixes for nodes. For example, some models like the Hunter and Flood Combat forms use both. The only time I have ever encountered a problem with this, was with one of the exporters. Either the bluestreak model exporter or CaD's animation exporter has issues attempting to export a scene that contains both frame and bip01, but I don't remember which one. But if your model is just rigged to the cyborg bones then you won't even run into this anyway.

(Also, yoda, get on xfire when you get a chance, I need to ask you something)

Halo CE General Discussion » Favorite soundtrack form the Halo Franchise? Feb 4, 2013 07:42 AM (Total replies: 54)

As far as the games are concerned
Halo 2: Pretty much the whole thing
Halo 3: Never Forget
Halo 4: 117 and Arrival

But I think "Sacred Icon Suite 2" from the Halo Legends soundtrack deserves an honorable mention at least.

To use cheats in scripts, you have to use the "set" command.

(set cheat_bump_possession 1)

Edit: Beat me to it.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 20, 2013 at 09:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Show Case Event Jan 15, 2013 08:17 AM (Total replies: 12)

Only map I have to add is dead halls, use it if you want. Definitely not the best map so I kind of doubt you will, but just in case: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5703

Halo CE General Discussion » Step right up and tell me your favorite maps! Jan 7, 2013 07:51 AM (Total replies: 194)

I know no one's mentioned it yet, and I doubt anyone will, but do NOT add dead halls. When I originally made it I had no idea how I was supposed to add the SP pause menu so I didn't worry about it. Because of this the only way to quit the map is through the console. And if you start up the map without devmode through a UI, you have no way of closing Halo without alt-tabbing out of it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda
Here is a vid of my current progress on that 1911, I don't know why it is so dark, but I will fix that after I add sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isQLBABALRc

I sent you a pm, I'll already made a firing sound for it. Next time I see you on xfire I'll send it to you.

Quote: --- Original message by: Bottletopman
add the law enforcement variant of the M90 shotgun?

supposedly, its general shape would be much like a Remington 870, as it has no pistol grip, but maybe increase capacity to 8 shells while reducing damage or increasing/decreasing range?

Is any body even listening to me?

Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
I'm not taking requests for making tags, I was just asking if there are any released tags that you wanted me to use, that's it.

I already have a long list of weapons to make for this and other projects. With my current schedule I barely get anything done as it is, I just don't have the time to add more to the pile.

Is everyone just ignoring what I'm saying? I'm not taking requests for making tags, I was just asking if there are any released tags that you wanted me to use, that's it. I have too much to do to any model any of these.

I originally planned to make that a while ago, but the model came out pretty terrible so I scrapped it. As far as the BR LMG goes, I've been toying with the idea of different variants of the stock weapons and I like how this one turned out. Besides, I'm already working on another belt-fed light machine gun at the moment anyway. Although I might look into using it if I can get permission from the author.

I also have a magazine fed shotgun model lying around somewhere in my backups so I'll get that touched up and put in-game whenever I find the time. But as far as the mauler and spiker go, I'm trying to stick with a mostly human weapon set. I might make a few exceptions like the Carbine, Plasma Rifle, and Master Noob's Plasma Aggressor if I can get permission.

I also want add, I'm actually hoping to get more suggestions of custom tags, not just this gun from this game.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 3, 2013 at 07:55 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
given the nature of the post he's probably just trolling anyway. Don't even bother responding to him. It's not worth the effort.
Really, just stop responding to him. He knows he's posting stupid information, that's why he's doing it, to get a rise out everyone rushing to correct him. Just ignore it.
Edited by rerout343 on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentJacket
forerunner supressor :)

Well I was think more of weapon tags that have already been made or are already being worked on. I already have a list of weapons to make for this and other projects. Besides, forerunner weapons would be out of place here.

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
DMRs AND Battle Rifles (stealth and regular), tactical assault rifles (as seen in Firefight Descent) and SOCOMs, too, please?

I meant new weapons, those are just modified version of weapons I have already, and I really don't want to have multiple copies of the same gun. The closest I'm going to get to have two of the same weapon is my custom BR and it's LMG varient.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Suppressed weapons are unnecessary.

For this, yes. Because this is a wave defense map, the zombies always know where you are, so having a suppressed weapon wouldn't do any good.

Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
wow estaban (Altheros), YOU'RE stupid.
The Suppressor is a promethean weapon in Halo 4. it's basically a forerunner SMG.

I believe he was referring to Dumb AI's post about have a suppressed Battle Rifle, although given the nature of the post he's probably just trolling anyway. Don't even bother responding to him. It's not worth the effort.

For anyone who doesn't remember, toten nacht was my attempt at recreating the Zombies mode from the Call of Duty series.

Everything's finally coming together with this project, most of my script issues have been solved although I'm still stumped on a few. But now the most amount of work that needs done is weapon tags.

Since the time that this map was in limbo and went through a redesign, I've scrapped the previous weapon list. So now I'm starting fresh with the stock Halo weapons and a few customs. However I currently only have around 8 weapons to used at the moment and if I'm remembering right, a normal zombies map even in World at War had an average of around 26 weapons. Now I don't care if I have exactly the same amount of guns, but I would at least like to get around 20 by the time this is done.

So I just figured I would ask if there's any weapon tags that the community has worked on that you would like me to include. But I should note that I would prefer to get permission from the original author before including them, because I might make my own modifications to them to have them fit better with the map. But feel free to make suggestions, I may not add it, but there's no harm in asking.

Two weapons I would like to include are Bourrin's custom DMR and Master noob's plasma aggressor. So if either of you read this post I would greatly appreciate your permission to use those.

What I have now(8/20):
Assault Rifle(Default)
Automag or Magnum(Depends on what I decide to do with other pistols)
Shotgun(Default)
Sniper rifle(Default)
Rocket launcher(Default)
Battle Rifle(Custom) and/or BR Light Machine Gun
Raygun(Will be getting better textures)
M1911(Once Yoda finishes it)

I would also like to add, if anyone would like to assist in modeling or animating additional weapons let me know, I would appreciate the help.

(And because I know someone is bound to bring it up, yes I know the name is awful and has been replaced, I just still call it toten nacht because that's what I've been calling it for almost two years now)

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good textuers out there? Dec 25, 2012 05:57 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
You can ask Waffles

I did but he's far too busy.

Quote: --- Original message by: TauSigmaNova
I cant unwrap that well. [kinda but not really] but I can kinda texture :P
[And yes, I remember this project!]

I didn't see you on my xfire friends so go ahead and add me. Your still probably better at it than me, so you are more than welcome to give texturing them a shot. I can't promise that I'll do a good job unwraping them but I'll try my best.

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good textuers out there? Dec 23, 2012 01:53 AM (Total replies: 3)

Everything's finally winding down on toten_nacht(for anyone who actually still remembers it), most of the work that needs done is just weapon tags. While I can do the modeling and animating to the best of my ability, I really suck at texturing them. I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out with this. If necessary I can unwrap them myself, though I don't know how well of job I'll do.

If anyone's interested just pm me or get a hold of me on xfire and let me know.

Xfire: rerout343

(And yes I'm now aware I probably spelled the topic wrong but I can't change it)
Edited by rerout343 on Dec 23, 2012 at 01:56 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » mapname like in extinction,coldsnap etc. Dec 18, 2012 07:06 PM (Total replies: 11)

That's because cutscene titles are part of the hud

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » mapname like in extinction,coldsnap etc. Dec 18, 2012 06:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

Not necessarily. You could simply have the script that displays it set to continuous with no other function so it just keeps displaying it indefinitely. And the black bars are triggered through a different command entirely.

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Foc Dec 1, 2012 02:43 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
Need a Gundam.

I've been trying to get my hands on the models from DW Gundam for months, if I can get them, I'll gladly port them.

But still nice to see someone porting something other than Halo and CoD stuff.

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 9:29 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website