A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Spartan314
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
Interests: I have interests.
Your Age: Unofficial adult
What Games do you play: All Halo on PC, Assassins' Creed (up until III), Age of Mythology, Batman Arkham
Former biped rigger & FP animator

Post Statistics
Spartan314 has contributed to 5398 posts out of 462326 total posts (1.17%) in 2,444 days (2.21 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Money Yesterday @ 05:56 PM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Anything would be better than seeing this thread continue.

Nah this is funny.
A person needs a sprinkle of drama in their life to keep it interesting.

Quote: --- Original message by: Xtralaos
*checks halomaps for CMT after a year* IS IT OUT YET? nope... I'll be back in another year. Cool stuff here tho, can't wait to play it.

lmaoo this dude actually waited a year to make a post about how he's been waiting

Well... for what's it's worth, it's alright, I guess.
Some interesting texture stuff going on here, and I mean that in the better sense.

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 24, 2017 08:58 PM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Much more has been written. Do you read books? If so, how long is the average book you read?

Lol don't act like I'm illiterate because you fail be succinct. God forbid you write articles for science journals.
When I want to read books I read them by actual authors, not some random on a niched game forum ~10 years old.

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 23, 2017 08:25 AM (Total replies: 61)

Sparky would probably make fine builder for Trump's Mexican border because he's evidently already adept in building walls of text.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 23, 2017 01:05 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
Was alright on the section where you're making those jumps in the hog down towards the bottom I'd suggest some nav points because after following three straight jumps the 4th one off center and I died due to this.

I forgot to mention this. It was pretty frustrating not being able to see where you were supposed to land the hog. Also the angle of the platforms were kinda awkward for the hog to land on.

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 22, 2017 05:23 PM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
So I'm not reading OP's op. Someone want to explain what sparky is scheming for now?

I don't care to read much of it, I have better things to do than to waste more time on here than I already do.
I'm going to assume he believes that his new and improved HEK is separate from whatever Microsoft has made therefore he would want/be able to sell it to us (or whoever) in order to captialize.
I'm going to reserve my opinion on the matter. (Mostly because I hope I'm wrong)
Edited by Spartan314 on Apr 22, 2017 at 05:23 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
neithermind, got it. skybox error

Interesting, I wasn't able to find anything useful through google.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 22, 2017 12:22 AM (Total replies: 11)

My immediate thought was: "Man, I sure wish there were more troops to fight with."
I killed almost every enemy there was until I got to the wraith, then I got rekd.
Will have another go.

E: A few tweaks look like they'd be good.
Also, I couldn't finish it. Is it supposed to kill you always at the end so you can never "get out of there"? I always die because of the explosion before I get to the banshee.
Edited by Spartan314 on Apr 22, 2017 at 09:19 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: fearlesswee
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: fearlesswee
Wow rude. What did TF2 ever do to you?
Edited by fearlesswee on Apr 17, 2017 at 08:00 PM

Be a trashy game most likely.

That's an opinion, and is entirely subjective. You shouldn't go around saying you can't trust people just because they like a video game that you don't.

This is the kind of crap you'd expect on an Xbox 360 Party full of CoD kids.

Really mature guys.

Edit: I didn't realize you weren't the same person for a second. But my statement still stands. Treating someone different over something as petty as game preference is really immature.

Is it an opinion? A game being trashy and someone liking a game are two different things.
A game can be trashy and people could still like the game.
You could also ask yourself about the integrity of such a person's opinion on things when they like 'objectively' trashy things.
E: That said, I do think Michelle could have been a bit nicer.
Edited by Spartan314 on Apr 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 13, 2017 09:10 AM (Total replies: 81)

Had a more in depth play, was lookin pretty good
Portalling stuff in the biped sized tunnel of the new BSP added:

Also portalling here, on the other side of highway:

Maybe wasn't supposed to go this far out, so I'm assuming less of a portalling error and more of a +sky thing going on:

Sometimes if you play long enough the gravity grenades will stop displaying the sprites and will just be an invisi thing (I think Evolved might have had a similar issue):

Two different battle rifle tags with two different colors, one green one blue:

Also, I seem to recall there being a silenced weapon here...

Notice the grenade UI element of the last picture vs the other ones. Grav gren is blue whilst the frag and plasma are the nicer olive color or whatever it is.

Driving around the new city complex was more fun than I thought. Probs would be even better if AI were running around?

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 13, 2017 08:26 AM (Total replies: 19)

I like the idea.
If you can get the AI to work, I think only then should you worry about them being too smart. I say go for it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Apr 13, 2017 02:10 AM (Total replies: 8449)

Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E

Looks like that issue never existed...

What issue?

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 12, 2017 08:18 AM (Total replies: 81)

Woo it works! Just had a quick play through.
So the shield recharge sound has been replaced with the sprint sound
Sometimes it glitches out and the sound spazzes the sprint sound, probably fixable? Maybe? I dunno.

Hoping to get a good play of this when it's not over 12 am.

Halo CE General Discussion » Yet another Sapien issue Apr 12, 2017 07:09 AM (Total replies: 1)

Are you running the program as administrator and compatibility mode?

I thought it was 'hook me up'

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 9, 2017 10:30 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
healthpack DISCO!
https://youtu.be/8MfVJb2Ojc4

Lit.

Brit.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 8, 2017 11:30 PM (Total replies: 81)

At first it wouldn't even load the map and stay on the main screen but I re-extracted the map put it the maps folder again, then it gave me an exception.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 8, 2017 02:56 AM (Total replies: 81)

Are you using the SPV3 data files Masterz? or the Mombasa ones?
E: Okay nvm, I tried using both and both gave me an exception.
Edited by Spartan314 on Apr 8, 2017 at 03:01 AM

Time: Sat April 29, 2017 3:23 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website