A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Spartan314
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
Interests: I have interests.
Your Age: Unofficial adult
What Games do you play: All Halo on PC, Assassins' Creed (up until III), Age of Mythology, Batman Arkham
Former biped rigger & FP animator

Post Statistics
Spartan314 has contributed to 5608 posts out of 467766 total posts (1.20%) in 2,981 days (1.88 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Yesterday @ 09:25 PM (Total replies: 8487)

A lot of the skills are transferrable. That's why there's no singular tutorial for every little thing. Learn to infer.
Show me what tool you're exporting with and what settings you've selected on the exporter because if the #markers are linked properly then there should be no reason for them to not export.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Yesterday @ 07:55 AM (Total replies: 8487)

Okay so I've never done permutations before (as far as I remember...) so I don't know if that's right.
I've only ever had a single head for my bipeds.
With that said, do YOU know how to do permutations?
Because no offense if it were me I'd figure out how to do things one at a time, like learning how to make modifications to existing bipeds, before I also were trying to figure out how to do permutations.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2018 10:21 PM (Total replies: 8487)

Okay. Why do you have 10 different head objects in your 3dsmax scene?
If they're actually 10 different heads (that you've hidden or have somehow become hidden) they might have exported together with your single head.
Unhide everything in Max and see what you get.

Don't be so quick to assume something is because of something else. Correlation != Causation

Markers should always be linked to nodes, never the other way around.

And your tools probably most definitely aren't dodgy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2018 10:45 AM (Total replies: 8487)

There's no need to be so self deprecating, you're the one doing all the work.
Again, I couldn't really give you detailed help even if I'd like because I don't have Halo.
From your screens I'm guessing the markers are linked to their proper nodes.

I dunno, how do you have your biped tag set up?
Did you reuse the old one or have you copy pasted it or what

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Oct 15, 2018 08:28 AM (Total replies: 23)

If you're in Edible Poly
select every vert around the hole
click create new plane (or whatever the button is called)
it should fill the hole

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2018 08:25 AM (Total replies: 8487)

You probably didn't copy paste the node checksum from the animations tag to the model tag in Guerilla.
If you're technically using the same bones and the same animations there shouldn't be an issue once you've overwritten the node checksum thing.
It's been a while and I don't have the HEK on me but it should be near the top (or the bottom?) of the animation tag in Guerilla.

Holy crap it's been over a decade since the start of this thread
Edited by Spartan314 on Oct 15, 2018 at 08:26 AM
Edited by Spartan314 on Oct 15, 2018 at 08:26 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 14, 2018 04:14 AM (Total replies: 8487)

Set up your materials like you would any other gbxmodel you'd export.
Rip the bitmaps into .tif files for you to apply onto the model, the UVW unwraps should be saved for you to just drag and drop.
After that you'd probably have to rerig the head to bip01 head because it's a separate model.
Once you're happy with that all you gotta do is export it and reorganize shaders for you to use ingame.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 13, 2018 08:43 PM (Total replies: 8487)

When importing bipeds you should have "Import All Nodes as Bones" ticked.
Because you have "Import Vertex Weights" ticked off too you should see an envelope collapser on your right side of the screen. This means you've imported the model correctly with the rig data.
Try rotating a few bones once you've done so to check if the rig is there or not

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 12, 2018 11:02 PM (Total replies: 8487)

Which importer and which settings did you use to import the model?
From memory there should be an envelope collapser with the rig still on the bones

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 12, 2018 01:51 AM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Just because we have to cater to PC gamers, doesn't mean I necessarily like to.
Okay, that's fair.

It's just interesting to me because this mindset:
I would prefer us to not be on the PC and prefer to have it on a console where we had more control over how people play it.
is so fundamentally different to my perception of what Custom Edition stands for, and what Custom Edition is best at, that's all.
SPV3 has always been for console players first and foremost, PC players second.
Surely you must see the irony in this statement.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 11, 2018 10:45 PM (Total replies: 107)

...you'd disable M&K support for a game that's played on a PC?
At this point I'd wonder why you'd decided to create a Custom Edition mod instead of an entirely different game on console

Halo CE General Discussion » Are the HaloMaps downloads going to update? Oct 11, 2018 10:32 PM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Sometimes I feel like the HCE community is all about secrecy and bragging for fame...

This is definitely a cult if you haven't already realized
I mean map protections were all the rage way back when

You can really have time fly by if you google search to bring up halomaps questions that others might have asked before

iir Flanker had some really good video tutorials on BSP modelling but can't seem to find them now...

Halo CE General Discussion » Are the HaloMaps downloads going to update? Oct 11, 2018 10:31 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
lack of tutorials

What kind of tutorials are you looking for

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 8, 2018 09:23 PM (Total replies: 107)

Again, you don't get to decide what is detrimental to their experience because they decide how it is they want to experience it, regardless of how much you design anything.

I'm not saying there's people that won't enjoy your art for the way you've intended, responses on Reddit are clear proof.
I'm saying that the people that want to enjoy it a different way shouldn't be invalidated.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 8, 2018 09:18 AM (Total replies: 107)

People change FOV to absurd degrees which messes up more stuff than people realize, and ultimately they will have a less fun expierence playing the game.

lol I'm sorry but you have absolutely zero say in how anybody else defines their "fun"
I see where you're coming from in terms of game development, but everything you've said makes you look incredibly parochial

Halo CE General Discussion » Why Need Gemini Customer Support? Oct 8, 2018 09:13 AM (Total replies: 1)

okay but im more of a scorpio

iirc Kirby made a scarab out of device machines to let you stand on it while it moves.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] El secreto Sep 21, 2018 08:29 PM (Total replies: 6)

Dang I like what you did with the lights
This looks real nice

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Campaign sounds great can't wait to play it and yes I am planning to have different variants of the elite combat forms. I have already finished the minor but plan to have the major and maybe the zeolot.

Here is the image of the infection form:

And the minor:

Halo CE General Discussion » project proposal... boarding extraction! Sep 21, 2018 08:13 PM (Total replies: 8)

Make a playable demo
Then people will join you

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 2:00 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website