A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Bobblehob
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 9, 2014 05:50 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo Halo:CE Halo 2 Halo 3 Halo:Reach

Post Statistics
Bobblehob has contributed to 1281 posts out of 468033 total posts (.27%) in 3,001 days (.43 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2: Anniversary runs at 1328x1080 Oct 9, 2014 05:50 PM (Total replies: 37)

All they are doing with the resolution here is sticking with the 4:3 aspect ratio that the original game had, for the graphical engine switch.

Halo CE General Discussion » IGN's Daily MCC Blowout Oct 7, 2014 02:31 AM (Total replies: 98)

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
I mean, I'm just a noob and no experto at all, but I was expecting that map to be more sunny and "alive". The way it looks right now... just makes me sad.

Well, it is on a halo ring that has been destroyed so...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay Aug 21, 2014 04:47 AM (Total replies: 71)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

A cubemap alone can spruce things up quite nicely. The plain look is okay I suppose but it doesn't need to be so clean and dull (I am aware that some areas are far from being clean).

For the visors, there is not much of a reason for THAT to be matte too.

Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 08:01 PM

I would rather it look like painted metal than the original ridiculously reflective clear coat armor from H2.

The visors pictured here are all in shadows, so not much to go on to tell whether they are matte or not.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay Aug 18, 2014 06:29 PM (Total replies: 71)

Armor is basically matte, which I dislike greatly.

Real mature, ranger.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:26 PM

It is dirty, battle worn metal painted olive drab... what do you expect? xD
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay Aug 18, 2014 06:16 PM (Total replies: 71)

Quote: --- Original message by: lockeowns
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'm pretty sure the MC is actually done by bungie, and what you see is the original asset used in announcement trailers and cinematic trailers. The ODSTs aren't done by 343, they are saber.

Model is fine but the shaders are so plain and bland.

Didn't know that ODSTs were made by Saber. My complaints still apply xP

Wrong, 343i did great with those shaders.

I disagree.

What is wrong with them then? its basically an Up-Res'd version of the H2 armor. I have seen people constantly bitching here about 343 redesigning the armor and how awful it looks, but it seems they can't keep the design the same as the original and make people here happy either.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay Aug 18, 2014 06:01 PM (Total replies: 71)

Really liking the look of these Honor Guards

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 12, 2014 09:30 PM (Total replies: 14969)

I love how the grip is basically a 1911 .45 acp, even the trigger matches exactly. Weird, but still awesome.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 28, 2014 12:08 PM (Total replies: 14969)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
I believe he's not referring to the connection itself, but any argument over it.

Bingo, probably should have worded it a little better though :P

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY CINEMATICS TRAILER Jul 28, 2014 05:36 AM (Total replies: 60)

Reach Elites, by far my favorite design, followed by H2.

Reach made them feel alien and terrifying again.

Also, am I the only one looking forward to seeing ridiculously awesome pre-rendered flood? Just think of how the gravemind sequences will look!

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 28, 2014 04:43 AM (Total replies: 14969)

The connection on the front seems pretty superfluous to me, a little extra stability never hurt nobody. Also, as far as the grip on the underside being less detailed... probably because its not visible in the FP view, so it is generally less detailed.

Just my guess :P

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo 5 Guardians trailer!!! Jul 5, 2014 05:17 PM (Total replies: 3)

Its not a Halo 5 trailer, its a trailer for the terminals in the MC collection.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 5, 2014 05:16 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Will you guys please stop mucking up this thread with stupid argument about latino rippers or whatever? No one cares! It would be nice to see one notification for this thread that is actual updates.

Seriously, just stop.

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Gridiron Jun 20, 2014 05:23 PM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: PopeAK49

I'm still experimenting with the skybox. The forerunner texture is used because it was the quickest solution I could find in terms of exterior textures for the Pillar of Autumn. I'm open for suggestions in terms of the skybox.

How about a low orbit over the ring skybox? if you are cool with trying to make original textures... maybe take a low orbit earth screen and cut it down to fit into the ring shape... or you could just do low orbit in general. Just a thought. You may also want to try using the original POA skin texture for the outside, instead of the forerunner metal.

One last thing... Things on fire in space don't make much sense xP The pelican and the barrels outside are interesting but do look a bit out of place.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jun 19, 2014 10:27 PM (Total replies: 14969)

Looks pretty good cheddars my boy... but please try modelling something that doesn't already exist xD

Interesting....

What about stock weapon changes, like visual style and such?

I would like to keep the stock weapon models but completely change functionality and such, surprises like that are always fun...

Excellent!

Anyone have any ideas? Just throw them out there. I have a ton already but I love feedback on ideas like this.

I am considering getting back into modding (Oh lord, thats a scary thing to type) because I have been playing some Serious Sam and Wolfenstein lately, and am considering doing a faster and less tactical single player mod that emulates more of that style, flashier particles, massive numbers of faster enemies, and more powerful weapons that mow through them like crazy.

Im very curious as to whether or not anyone would want to play this.

Ideas include:
-Flashy, over the top particle effects and emphasis on making each weapon feel ridiculously powerful.

-Change in weapon sounds and projectile effects: i.e. chain spawning, force and physics changes, more impactful and satisfying sounds

-Blood and gore to the max, exploding bodies, dismemberment, and crazy decals.

-Wave Style single player fighting, pushing maximum bipeds on screen. Would mean removing smarter AI in favor of rushing and crazy aggressive AI, possibly massively tall boss enemies.

Any thoughts anyone?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jun 15, 2014 03:49 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: spiral
Halo Heretic Holograms!
http://youtu.be/PV3RjgxnkI4
Work in progress of course.

I left you a comment on the video, hope it helps :)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 15, 2014 02:30 PM (Total replies: 12123)

A lot of devs will take an exclusivity deal, especially from sony and msoft at the same time. Personally, as a PC and Console user, I don't entirely blame them for it. They have been console shooter devs for almost 15 years, and It doesn't exactly surprise me that they decided to stick to that for a while longer.

I understand the want for it to come to PC, but please stop with the entitled attitude.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 15, 2014 03:06 AM (Total replies: 12123)

So why is it completely ignored when Destiny does it? Its obviously a positive trend for a shooter...

Time: Thu November 15, 2018 2:56 PM 343 ms.
A Halo Maps Website