A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Talcyon
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 10:46 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Talcyon has contributed to 9 posts out of 469458 total posts (0.00%) in 3,363 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I would just like to point out that while Halo CE is dramatically less popular than it used to be, that does not necessarily mean that it will die. Those who are dedicated will remain. Consider Pac-Man. It's one of the oldest games made, but odds are anyone you ask will know what the game is and tell you they have played it. Anyway, my point is that as old as CE gets, is it ever really going to die? I suppose I can't be certain, but I AM CERTAIN that there are those who are dedicated, and they will continue to play the game. And to all those that continue to make maps, I appreciate all the work you guys do to help keep this wonderful game more populated.
Edited by Talcyon on Sep 24, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Port Forwarding Sep 7, 2010 02:53 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks Dennis, that portforward webiste is just what I needed.
Edited by Talcyon on Sep 7, 2010 at 02:53 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Port Forwarding Sep 7, 2010 02:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

Okay, when I host a game on Halo PC/CE, no one can join, because I need to forward my ports. How? The black box with the flashing lights that gives me internet (don't know what it's called) is a Zoom ADSL X6 (so I have DSL, of course). It runs from the wall through a wire to the black box, which then has another wire leading to the computer (the modem and router wires?). Basically, can someone please tell me how I can get to the site or whatever to forward my ports, and how to forward them. Thanks, and I know I wrote this poorly, but I don't know much about the subject.

Yes, I know there is an article for this on the halomaps website, but it didn't help me.
Edited by Talcyon on Sep 7, 2010 at 02:21 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Am I Doing Something Wrong? Sep 6, 2010 02:40 PM (Total replies: 2)

lol thanks, i had user-created maps filtered off!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Am I Doing Something Wrong? Sep 6, 2010 02:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

Okay, so I have Halo Custom Edition (English). I have done the mandatory update, and everything works fine. But I feel that there are a lot of servers running that I am not seeing. For example, I was just on Halo CE, and there was no more than six or seven servers with people actually playing in them. Surely there is more? Is there something I can do to see these "other servers," or is Custom Edition just dying? At the rate people are coming out with maps, I think that there would be a lot more servers with people playing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Beta Testing Sep 6, 2010 01:44 PM (Total replies: 1)

I don't know if this is a normal thing to ask, but I was just wondering if anyone had a map they are working on and need someone to test and give feedback. If you do leave a message. My Xfire is cecommander.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Version Question Sep 5, 2010 09:02 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: CAG Gonzo
More or less. Thing is is that when you change the version, you have access only to playlists and servers using that version. To restore access to any one version requires you to change the version each time. I use it to enable flycams and 3rd person hacks during campaign, though haven't been using it because STL (Sky's The Limit) works with 1.09.

Version changer is really just two executable files: your Halo: PC and Halo: CE exe's. Replacing the default ones in your directories with those of version changer gives you access to changing versions via command line, but if you fail to back up the originals before overwriting, and you encounter a problem with/caused by version changer, then you have to reinstall that game.

Ok so i got it and it works fine, but i dont recall changing any exe's, just replaced the strings.dll and added versionchanger.dll

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Version Question Sep 4, 2010 01:12 PM (Total replies: 6)

thanks! funny you mention it, i just saw that on a google search trying to find the answer, but is it safe? looked kinda suspicious

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Version Question Sep 4, 2010 12:43 PM (Total replies: 6)

How can I change Halo Custom Edition to play online on v1.00? I've heard there is a lot more servers and players. I currently have v1.09. My guess is that I enter a command line argument, but I have no clue. Some help would be appreciated.

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 6:59 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website