A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Pepzee
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 2, 2019 11:15 AM
Interests: Technology
Your Age: 24
What Games do you play: Halo: CE

Post Statistics
Pepzee has contributed to 1403 posts out of 469343 total posts (.30%) in 3,294 days (.43 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent: Quarantine Sep 2, 2019 11:15 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Looks like the tagset will be very similar to Firefight Descent?

Yes, it is nearly an identical tagset with a couple upgrades.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Either way, very excited for this release!!!

That's great!

It has been uploaded to CE3. Here it is:

DOWNLOAD NOW FROM CE3

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent: Quarantine Aug 31, 2019 08:25 PM (Total replies: 5)

DOWNLOAD NOW FROM CE3

I'm am getting an http error when uploading to Halomaps, so I am unable to provide a download link here. If and when this gets fixed I'll upload the map here as well.

Release date: September 1, 2019

After 7 years of development, I am pleased to announce the release of Firefight Descent: Quarantine.

Descend into hell again. Discover the sinister fate of your ODST squad from the original Firefight Descent.

Firefight Descent has been quarantined. Days after the disappearance of your ODST squad the UNSC ordered all forces to evacuate the area. Now, the UNSC has decided to send in another ODST strike team to uncover how the last mission went so horribly wrong... Prepare to drop.

Features:
Over 55 waves with new weapons and enemies
Fully functional loadout and lives system
New soundtrack put together by MoooseGuy

Media:
2014 CE3 Trailer

Former WIP thread

FAQ:
Can I use the UUI for this map?
Yes. If you have UUI navigate to Firefight > Descent > Descent: Quarantine to launch the map.

Is this Firefight Descent II?
No. Firefight Descent II is a remaster of the original Firefight Descent, while Descent: Quarantine is a sequel. Firefight Descent II is apart of the SPv3 project.

Does this map use OS?
No. This is because the majority of this map was developed in 2012, before OS was widely used. This map was entirely made and compiled using the stock Halo Editing Kit (HEK) from 2004.

Firefight Descent: Quarantine has been collectively developed by dozens of contributors since the beginning of the project.
Primary Developers:
MoooseGuy Project Lead 2012 - 2019
Pepzee Project Lead 2012 - 2019
Gamma927 Project Co-Lead 2012 - 2013
Goldkilla88 Project Co-Lead 2013 - 2014
Choclate Thunda Project Co-Lead 2014 - 2015
Spiral Beta testing 2014 - 2019
Spartan314 Beta testing 2014 - 2019

Special Thanks:
L283023 Loadout system
Kirby_422 Scripting implementation
rerout343 Design advice
Shadowslayer Player biped
Bourrin33 Scenery
Masterz1337 Design advice
MatthewDratt CE3 file hosting
Higuy BSP geometry advice
Lodex Scripting advice
ODX Animations
ImBrokeRU Gauss sniper
SlappyThePirate Shaders
Jesse Effects
Grunts Scripting advice
Yoko Design advice
Dennis Halomaps
CMT Tagset
Zteam Tagset
Bungie Studios
Gearbox Software
Microsoft Corporation
And all those who have been forgotten to time...

-
Pepzee
Edited by Pepzee on Sep 4, 2019 at 07:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Really big BSP Jul 30, 2019 08:18 PM (Total replies: 22)

I agree, that is a big BSP. I don't think that should stop it from being a regular .map file though? I mean we had coldsnap, hugeass, and extinction way back in the day. Those maps had waypoints measuring in the kilometers, from the screenshots I only see a mere 600 meters.

A typo in the credits: Moooseguy had 3 o's in his name instead of 2.
Edited by Pepzee on Jul 3, 2019 at 09:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight? Jun 9, 2019 11:43 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has any creative ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight? In Firefight Descent we had fun waves every 10 waves and would include crazy things like dozens of jackals with rocket launchers. The idea is that these are supposed to be crazy outlandish waves that are also fun to play. Keep in mind I'm not trying to murder the player either, I once made a fun wave with flood using gauss snipers and that seriously sucked.

I would like to include fun waves in a future firefight map but I am running low on ideas. Does anyone here have any ideas that they think would be good?

Thanks,
Pepzee

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Feb 1, 2019 07:39 PM (Total replies: 40)

The age of your account suggests you are way older than 5.

Anyway, I think Sparky has left for good? That's really all this thread was about, not too useful...

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 21, 2018 11:17 PM (Total replies: 16)

Overall the bipeds look really good. Not sure about the H1 infection though as it seems out of place. It'll be nice to see these released when the time comes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Dec 8, 2018 06:47 PM (Total replies: 1179)

I could assist with scripting/encounters, but I have a huge amount of maps I am committed to right now. Once I have finished some of the maps I am working on I would be willing to volunteer.

There are a lot of hidden things that need to be done too that aren't immediately apparent, such as phantom animations, cutscenes, scenery tags, etc. Most of the weapon and biped assets have already been ported, but we should be careful saying only the BSP and scripting/encounters are left.

Maybe the upload queue is full? I am guessing there is probably ~2.5 years of uploads that haven't been approved that are sitting there. Unfortunate...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teleport player script single player Nov 13, 2018 10:04 PM (Total replies: 1)

Should be:

(object_teleport (unit (list_get (players) 0)) <FLAG NAME>)

You can place a flag in the scenario using sapien and that is where the player will teleport to.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Nov 5, 2018 07:36 PM (Total replies: 35)

Confirming Masterz message.

Firefight Descent II has been merged into SPv3 and will be known as SPv3 Firefight Descent. Hence Firefight Descent II is cancelled. Projects have been split up in different directions, some joining SPv3 and others going their own way. Firefight Portent II from 2015 will be salvaged with a new BSP. Portent II is not an SPv3 project and will be worked on independently as a second project in spare time. For now the focus will be SPv3 and getting Descent up and running with the rest of the SPv3 project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Are the HaloMaps downloads going to update? Oct 11, 2018 08:59 PM (Total replies: 20)

I practically learned everything I know from Gamma927. Heck maybe I even owe part of my career to what he taught me (but don't tell him). There were other helpful folks such as MoooseGuy as well. But I also learned a lot myself by figuring things out through the game.

There is a wealth of knowledge buried in these forums that are not in tutorials sadly.
Edited by Pepzee on Oct 11, 2018 at 09:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Are the HaloMaps downloads going to update? Oct 4, 2018 10:50 PM (Total replies: 20)

The widespread belief that I have heard is "no". I hope they are wrong. At this point so much time has passed, so who knows?

I remember there used to be a lot of threads around here predicting the death of Halomaps, perhaps the time is upon us, or maybe the time has already passed? A little dramatic, but the real answer is no one knows, and no one has a lot of faith anymore.

The most we can do is hope Dennis is still alive and in good health.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] El secreto Sep 20, 2018 08:37 PM (Total replies: 6)

This must be the real "Library" found in halo :).

Looks good.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Sep 9, 2018 12:03 AM (Total replies: 35)

I can't say with any confidence what role the flood is going to play in this map yet. We have some leftovers from Descent: Quarantine that I would like to use. At the same time letting the player sit back while the covenant and flood wipe each other out is not very fun. They may make an appearance if I can figure out how to implement them properly.

I hate to say this but, whatever was shown in the 2014, 2015, 2016 CE3 trailers for Firefight Descent II/Quarantine was completely spoofed and never really existed. I had practically no involvement with the creation of those trailers and I never received the content shown in those trailers. I have not actually even watched the full Descent II 2016 CE3 trailer, and I really don't want to. I would not consider what is shown in those trailers relevant at all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 31, 2018 10:05 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
I'd say keep this thing going! I had no idea anyone was still working on it!

It will be kept going, and hopefully released in some form next year.

I plan to keep both the discord thread that MatthewDratt posted here and Halomaps (assuming people still post here) up to date with information as things progress. Some time next year I will make a more formal announcement and hopefully folks will be interested. Thanks!

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 27, 2018 12:10 AM (Total replies: 35)

Looks like we'll be setting up a discord thread/page/whateveritis at some point not too far in the future. I'll post a link here when I have it. I'll also keep this thread up to date as well. If anyone wants to help feel free to send me a message or post here.

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
I have a question, in descent 1 you were a spi odst mix?? It looked cool, i would like to see a brushed up spi helmet on that cmt odst throwin an idea into the ring

Not sure what we are going to do with the player biped yet. He may change to be more of a conventional ODST, rather than the ODST SPI biped we had, as he had many rigging issues.

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
phew i thought this was looong dead

Not dead, but not alive either. Zombie maybe?

I hope to be posting content updates at some point either later this year or next year, but I am not far enough along yet to do so. I hope I'll be able to work with Masterz to get some of his ideas implemented as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 16, 2018 10:32 PM (Total replies: 35)

A very pre-alpha picturep of what the map might look like with tactical CMT tags.

Quote: --- Original message by: ItzMeFizzie
I don't posess the skills to help you, i can't code at all in fact, lol.
But what i can do is to wish you good luck! And if this comes out, i will for sure play it! :)
Have a great day! Sincerely Fizzie.

I appreciate the encouragement. I'll try, and see if I can get the map going.

I have a hard deadline for myself to produce this map, which will be the end of next year (December 2019). If I am unable to accomplish the complete map by then, I'll release all the tags that were created such as the BSPs and the armory system. No more letting this drag on for years and years.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Well feel free to join the SPV3 discord, what's ours is yours if you want it.

https://discord.gg/8dDwGWR

Thanks, I'll join and familarize myself :)
Edited by Pepzee on Aug 16, 2018 at 10:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Aug 4, 2018 08:48 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Perhaps I should simply make software to use all by myself and share nothing

This is a threat that rings hollow in this place.

This even happens when the intent is to release things.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Everyone, stop responding to sparky. This is pitiful.

You want to steal the little bit of life this place has left? That is pitiful.

This thread would have been locked by now if it had absolutely no relevance.
Edited by Pepzee on Aug 4, 2018 at 08:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Disabling music? Aug 2, 2018 11:34 PM (Total replies: 4)

I've never used this command before but I found it in the BSL bible:

Set the game's music gain
(sound_set_music_gain <real>)

So if you have both the console and devmode turned on ingame, then hit ~ and type sound_set_music_gain 0, that should disable all music.

This is just an educated guess, I would think setting the gain to 0 would mute the music, but I am not sure.

The other alternative involves knowing the tag names of the soundtrack that is playing and issuing a sound_looping_stop or sound_impulse_stop command. That would require some research though...

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 1:52 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website