A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Pepzee
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 5, 2020 08:49 AM
Interests: Technology
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo: CE

Post Statistics
Pepzee has contributed to 1416 posts out of 464918 total posts (.30%) in 3,597 days (.39 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Website Status Jun 5, 2020 08:49 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Yes, I am still among the living.

This is the only point that really matters. The rest is just extra benefits.

Thanks for everything!

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Apr 1, 2020 11:26 PM (Total replies: 27)

It is amazing how far Takedown has advanced over the years. It is an amazing release and will certainly stand out as one of the greatest projects for Halo Custom Edition.

So, what's your next project? ;)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Obviously limitations with the engine is a core problem but now I have a secondary question:
Unless you're using OS, are there limitations on the stock assets?
-OR-
How far can you go with stock assets before Tool, Sapien or Halo itself ceases to function with memory or exception crashes or errors?

There are numerous limitations that you probably won't know about until you reach them. You can go quite far with stock assets as they don't take up much tagspace, but there is still a limit on how much you can shove into a scenario without needing OS to break that barrier.

Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington
nothing really seems worth putting serious effort into.

You may remember our old flood firefight project Firefight Descent: Quarantine (an ironic name right now) I was able to finish it some 7 years after we gave up on it. Your username is listed as an author as it still uses the flood scenery that you had made for it. I hope it was worth the effort you put into it at the time. Who knows, maybe your future efforts may be worth it too.

I think it may be because rips from newer Halos are usually graphically superior to anything in the Halo 1 tagset. Halo 1 is quickly approaching 20 years old and many may want something that looks a little bit newer- and with a wide variety of newer tags available they can easily do it.

Personally I am indifferent to the tagset used as long as it is visually consistent.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria - Refined? Mar 16, 2020 11:19 PM (Total replies: 9)

I've always really liked the first episode of Lumoria. I didn't care for the second episode as much.

I guess it's a little late for reviews, though Lumoria is probably better than 95% of the mods out there (such as all the bloodgulch mods we get).

Karner and Kadar. These names can be easily confused with one another. Have you tried Joe and Bob?

Good luck with the release.

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this site closing in 2016? Mar 15, 2020 11:49 AM (Total replies: 132)

Not just that... Why the hell are people reviving 5+ year old posts?!

Dennis said to ask again in 2020, so I did. I get curious if I'll need to find another website to download mods from in the future.

You guys are too young to be so nihilistic.

Thanks, I think?

Halo CE General Discussion » Is CE abandonware? Feb 25, 2020 09:56 PM (Total replies: 55)

I suppose the copyright will expire at some point and it could be considered abandonware. That would still be a very long time from now. I think copyright lasts about 95 years from publication in the US, and since Halo Custom Edition was published in 2004 you would be waiting until the year 2099.

Only the youngest members of the forum may live to see this. I would be over 100 years old by this time and have little chance of seeing this happen, but if I happen to make it I'll post back here and let you know. I doubt I would be able to install Halo on my quantum computer by that point however.

I'm no copyright expert though, I'm not even sure what would happen with the game if the copyright did expire. This post was just meant to be a fun thought experiment.

Will this mod require OS version 9.9.9.1 with 100 TB RAM?

Actually those are the just the minimum system requirements to run SPv3.

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this site closing in 2016? Jan 1, 2020 10:51 PM (Total replies: 132)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
tl;dr; Halomaps lives forever and that means we live forever

Unfortunately, that reality is impossible.

One day Dennis will retire (hopefully he wants to and is able to) from his company and I highly doubt anybody else at UXB wants to keep this site running.

I am glad to hear that there are no plans to shutdown the site for this year. I still use the site regularly to download maps. I do hope when the time comes for the site to be shut down that it will be communicated in advance rather than finding out via a 404 page.
Edited by Pepzee on Jan 1, 2020 at 10:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this site closing in 2016? Dec 24, 2019 11:58 PM (Total replies: 132)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Is this site closing in 2018?

I'll get back to you on that in 2020.

I'd like to follow up on this comment as we are quickly approaching 2020. Much has changed since this comment was made in 2015 and this site does not appear as active as it once was. How long do you intend to keep Halomaps open? The past 15 years you have hosted this site is impressive and I am very grateful for all that you have provided.

I hope you enjoy your holidays.

I haven't been paying close attention to MCC, but does MCC even have an official editing toolkit like HEK? I've seen some videos of mods that were made for MCC, but they seem very basic and did not have features such as custom geometry or scripts. I wonder if this something that will be released?

Until an official editing toolkit becomes available it may not make sense to add it to this site.
Edited by Pepzee on Dec 24, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent: Quarantine Sep 26, 2019 10:30 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: BlueFireDemon7177
can you tell me the name of the music used in the map?

Unfortunately, I do not know. MoooseGuy found most of the music that was used in this map on various websites back in 2012. It may be possible to still find some of the remixes on Youtube, though after 7 years I am not sure if they are still out there.

We have a habit of doing this. We didn't record where we found the music used in the original Firefight Descent either...
Edited by Pepzee on Sep 26, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent: Quarantine Sep 2, 2019 11:15 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Looks like the tagset will be very similar to Firefight Descent?

Yes, it is nearly an identical tagset with a couple upgrades.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Either way, very excited for this release!!!

That's great!

It has been uploaded to CE3. Here it is:

DOWNLOAD NOW FROM CE3

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent: Quarantine Aug 31, 2019 08:25 PM (Total replies: 7)

DOWNLOAD NOW FROM CE3

I am getting an http error when uploading to Halomaps, so I am unable to provide a download link here. If and when this gets fixed I'll upload the map here as well.

Release date: September 1, 2019

After 7 years of development, I am pleased to announce the release of Firefight Descent: Quarantine.

Descend into hell again. Discover the sinister fate of your ODST squad from the original Firefight Descent.

Firefight Descent has been quarantined. Days after the disappearance of your ODST squad the UNSC ordered all forces to evacuate the area. Now, the UNSC has decided to send in another ODST strike team to uncover how the last mission went so horribly wrong... Prepare to drop.

Features:
Over 55 waves with new weapons and enemies
Fully functional loadout and lives system
New soundtrack put together by MoooseGuy

Media:
2014 CE3 Trailer

Former WIP thread

FAQ:
Can I use the UUI for this map?
Yes. If you have UUI navigate to Firefight > Descent > Descent: Quarantine to launch the map.

Is this Firefight Descent II?
No. Firefight Descent II is a remaster of the original Firefight Descent, while Descent: Quarantine is a sequel. Firefight Descent II is apart of the SPv3 project.

Does this map use OS?
No. This is because the majority of this map was developed in 2012, before OS was widely used. This map was entirely made and compiled using the stock Halo Editing Kit (HEK) from 2004.

Firefight Descent: Quarantine has been collectively developed by dozens of contributors since the beginning of the project.
Primary Developers:
MoooseGuy Project Lead 2012 - 2019
Pepzee Project Lead 2012 - 2019
Gamma927 Project Co-Lead 2012 - 2013
Goldkilla88 Project Co-Lead 2013 - 2014
Choclate Thunda Project Co-Lead 2014 - 2015
Spiral Beta testing 2014 - 2019
Spartan314 Beta testing 2014 - 2019

Special Thanks:
L283023 Loadout system
Kirby_422 Scripting implementation
rerout343 Design advice
Shadowslayer Player biped
Bourrin33 Scenery
Masterz1337 Design advice
MatthewDratt CE3 file hosting
Higuy BSP geometry advice
Lodex Scripting advice
ODX Animations
ImBrokeRU Gauss sniper
SlappyThePirate Shaders
Jesse Effects
Grunts Scripting advice
Yoko Design advice
Dennis Halomaps
CMT Tagset
Zteam Tagset
Bungie Studios
Gearbox Software
Microsoft Corporation
And all those who have been forgotten to time...

-
Pepzee
Edited by Pepzee on Oct 5, 2019 at 08:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Really big BSP Jul 30, 2019 08:18 PM (Total replies: 22)

I agree, that is a big BSP. I don't think that should stop it from being a regular .map file though? I mean we had coldsnap, hugeass, and extinction way back in the day. Those maps had waypoints measuring in the kilometers, from the screenshots I only see a mere 600 meters.

A typo in the credits: Moooseguy had 3 o's in his name instead of 2.
Edited by Pepzee on Jul 3, 2019 at 09:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight? Jun 9, 2019 11:43 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has any creative ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight? In Firefight Descent we had fun waves every 10 waves and would include crazy things like dozens of jackals with rocket launchers. The idea is that these are supposed to be crazy outlandish waves that are also fun to play. Keep in mind I'm not trying to murder the player either, I once made a fun wave with flood using gauss snipers and that seriously sucked.

I would like to include fun waves in a future firefight map but I am running low on ideas. Does anyone here have any ideas that they think would be good?

Thanks,
Pepzee

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 21, 2018 11:17 PM (Total replies: 16)

Overall the bipeds look really good. Not sure about the H1 infection though as it seems out of place. It'll be nice to see these released when the time comes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Dec 8, 2018 06:47 PM (Total replies: 1181)

I could assist with scripting/encounters, but I have a huge amount of maps I am committed to right now. Once I have finished some of the maps I am working on I would be willing to volunteer.

There are a lot of hidden things that need to be done too that aren't immediately apparent, such as phantom animations, cutscenes, scenery tags, etc. Most of the weapon and biped assets have already been ported, but we should be careful saying only the BSP and scripting/encounters are left.

Time: Tue July 14, 2020 10:21 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website