A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Pepzee
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
Interests: Technology
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play: Halo: CE

Post Statistics
Pepzee has contributed to 1379 posts out of 467057 total posts (.30%) in 2,871 days (.48 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Yesterday @ 07:24 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
There’s no such thing as a “spv3 evolved tagset.

I can give you access to our current sov3 tagset and some of our old content from the banished project, we had a really awesome 4K ODST hud that could certainly be of use to you.

I appreciate the offer, as long as I have permission I would be very grateful to be able to use it.

I am a little confused the SPv3 tagsets that are out there. If my memory serves me correct there was one publicly released for B30 Evolved. Then there was SPv3.1, which did not have a public tag release. I assume the one folks are referring to here is the B30 Evolved set?

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Evolved Tagset sounds nice (and I don't mean the SPv3 Evolved tagset, the OG one that was made without tinkering). Being the case, it might also be a good idea to simply refine some of the damage values as need be. The weapons are balanced really well but if it doesn't suit what you're doing then its not going to help you a lot.

My main concern was the tactical weapon theme the original map had and trying to match it. Though this was a long time ago and SPv3 has changed a lot since I first looked at it, so it could probably fit the theme just fine.

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
It'd be a good move to get into discord, though I haven't done so myself. Nearly everyone that posted here has seemingly moved on to there.
I really do hope this project manages to see the day of light, even as a beta.
As for the tagset, my vote goes to Evolved Tagset

Thanks for the input. I hope I can make the project see the light of day too, I have had too many failures here. I will probably use some version of the SPv3 tagset.
Edited by Pepzee on Jul 18, 2018 at 07:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 17, 2018 08:51 PM (Total replies: 9)

Xfire has been gone for a long time. As for Discord I am completely unfamiliar with it. I have been "out of it" for quite some time now. That is fine though, I am sure in the end I will figure something out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 14, 2018 09:08 PM (Total replies: 9)

I understand that there may not be many folks left around here that could help us, but I thought I would ask here anyway.

About 6 years ago me and a guy named Moooseguy created a map called Firefight Descent. Shortly after we started a successor to this map known at that time as Deadly Descent, we also started a project called Firefight Portent II. Unfortunately Moooseguy left and we were unable to finish either of the projects. Then about 4 years ago a member here named Spiral convinced me to combine both these projects and start another project called Firefight Descent II, you may have seen some of the trailers in the final years of CE3. Spiral enlisted the help of another member here named Super Flanker and they remastered the original Descent BSP and the Portent BSP. This took a staggering 3.5 years. Once the BSPs were finished Super Flanker disappeared, and Spiral is unable to contribute much to the project at this time.

I wanted to give this background story to give any potential helpers a good idea how far along I am, which is not as far as I should be after all this time.

Considering how many years of effort were put into the BSPs I would like to finish the project, but I do not want to reuse the tags from the original Firefight Descent from 6 years ago. It would be nice to have some sort of a upgraded tagset with OS shaders. I am looking for someone who can help create weapon/biped/HUD tagsets for use in Firefight Descent II. I am also looking for someone who can help create cutscenes and animations. I know this is a lot to ask, but I think this project has a lot potential. I have have scripted in the lives system and armory from the original Descent, as well as the armory and points system from the unreleased Portent II. I think it would be a good idea to have a good tagset to use with these assets. I could also use some help for finding soundtrack, feel free to give suggestions but the soundtrack must be Halo themed.

There are a few other things that I could do:
  • Reuse the original Descent tagset from 2012

• Take an existing tagset with OS shaders, such as the SPv3 tagset

• Find someone who can update the Descent 2012 tagset with OS shaders

• Find someone who is able to create a custom tagset

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the best option is if I cannot find help? I do not have any experience in modeling or creating bitmaps, so whatever I would create would be rather low quality.

Note: This is not an announcement thread. This project is not guaranteed to be released to the public at this point, and no betas exist.

Thanks for reading,
Pepzee
Edited by Pepzee on Jul 14, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyway to remove scenery using scripts? Jul 5, 2018 11:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

Possibly:

(object_destroy_all)

Though this will destroy all objects, which may include more than scenery.

Halo CE General Discussion » Eye candy Jun 28, 2018 08:30 PM (Total replies: 5)

Another project joins the Halomaps graveyard. At least some of the effects looked nice.

Quote: --- Original message by: McRangerRare
(holy that bump.)

I guess? 4 months isn't too bad?

Halo CE General Discussion » Plasma Pistol Flame/Fire Effects Jun 7, 2018 08:53 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
The fact that people still have opposition to OS makes me realize how far in the past this site is

Halo development was started in 1997, announced at Macworld in 1999, released on Xbox in 2001, and released on PC in 2003.

Everything about this game is far in the past. Not necessarily this site.

Lets pull out our netscape browsers and actually view a website far in the past:

Edited by Pepzee on Jun 7, 2018 at 09:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1.5 maps converted to CE Jun 6, 2018 11:10 PM (Total replies: 7)

Never heard of Halo 1.5. Probably because I never played modded Xbox maps. These maps seem like a cool variant of the originals.

Halo CE General Discussion » Plasma Pistol Flame/Fire Effects Jun 6, 2018 11:08 PM (Total replies: 4)

I have not messed with weapon tags in a some time, but I think it would be somewhere in the projectile tag.

I remember a long time ago, before OS was released, there was a gun that you could shoot and it would create bipeds. It may be able to create flame effect tags as well. I don't think it is dependent on OS, but I am not 100% sure.

Halo CE General Discussion » What happened to the CMT SPV3 Bonus Maps? Jun 6, 2018 10:59 PM (Total replies: 8)

I'll add to the speculation and say that I thought CMT had moved on to recreating Lumoria.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 27, 2018 11:27 AM (Total replies: 29)

Free Speech
Free Beer

They are different kinds of free. If we spoke Spanish they would be different words. Libre and Gratis. Just because something is given away for free (gratis) does not mean it is free (libre) to use. Copyright may restrict your usage rights for software that is free.

I feel like these copyright discussions popup from time to time. If people want to sell Halo assets they made they should find another way to make money. Maybe apply for a job at Microsoft so you can be paid to make Halo assets.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) May 26, 2018 05:24 PM (Total replies: 75)

Is that based of CMT Tensity? It kind of looks familiar to me, but it has been a long time since I have played it.

Looks like there haven't been updates on this map since last year. Still aiming for a 2018 release?

Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington
contribute to projects like Pepzee's firefight stuff.

Well then you haven't missed much of anything. We are still stuck with our heads in the sand...

That's right, where is it?

-

Spiral has been helping over the years to make Descent II, and I know he has been very busy with real-life stuff as well. In due time everything will come together and this will be released, I hope.

I'll respect the person who has only been here 1 year and has released excellent maps over the person who has been here 10 years has yet to release anything.

Time does not always mean more skill. These who has been here longest competitions only seem like people trying to establish some sort of pointless seniority.

Looks like a nice, classic, well done map.

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Surfsup is a new map ... and takes place in a frigid forerunner structure bombarded with space debris.

For some reason the name seems weird to me. Shouldn't a map named Surfsup be on a beach with waves and not in forerunner caves during a frigid winter?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps will be updating Mar 19, 2018 09:05 PM (Total replies: 5)

I wonder how long MatthewDratt will keep haloce3.com running as an alternative for this kind of stuff? I can't help but wonder if he realizes what he volunteered for as there is a cost for keeping it running for the foreseeable future. It costs more than just money, it costs time!

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
HaloMaps won't be updating anymore.

That may be a tad extreme, but it the next upload will probably be quite some time from now.

The owner of this cite is Dennis. I am sure if you politely message him he will gladly give you an answer.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 4, 2018 10:34 PM (Total replies: 69)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now.

First, I hope there is a better name than "SPV3 Lumoria". I mean SPV3 was a campaign series that has been completed right? Lumoria Remastered or something else would be somewhat better.

Higuy invited us to voice concern. So here is mine.

I would be very careful about breaking the Halo 1 feel that this series of maps was designed for. This map was released with the specific intent to use Halo 1 graphics and tagsets, even though there were many other options available when the map was released in 2010. Breaking the Halo 1 feel may make the map feel out of place.

Despite my concerns, I am sure that the map will be remastered wonderfully.

Good luck.

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for this halo 2 animation extractor Mar 4, 2018 10:14 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sargent 0
Wish I joined this community earlier. CE's appears to be dying

Activity here has been declining here for a long time. Though I still think there are some interesting project that people are planning for the future here.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Dec 13, 2017 10:18 PM (Total replies: 444)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
but 5-6 years or so seems a bit ridiculous.

This is something that happens to most high-caliber projects that have huge ambitions, as maps tend to grow more difficult to manage the more you add to it.

Time: Thu July 19, 2018 1:51 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website