A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Pepzee
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 07:36 PM
Interests: Technology
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo: CE

Post Statistics
Pepzee has contributed to 1351 posts out of 464283 total posts (.29%) in 2,596 days (.52 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Video about the community Oct 2, 2017 07:36 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
  • Halo 2 Vista Forums

• That is going to be short.
    Edited by Pepzee on Oct 2, 2017 at 07:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » High Resolution Halo HUD Sep 18, 2017 10:27 PM (Total replies: 13)

I like this project.

Didn't Lumoria have a hi-res HUD too?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Aug 27, 2017 12:54 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Archangel470
    I currently have nothing to show yet, as I have no experience in modding, but if this does become a thing, I'll hope to get something out A.S.A.P.

It's good to see that you are trying. I hope that you are able to get something made. You have my support, if that helps.

It might be a good idea to make a plan of what you are doing. What is the first thing you need to complete for this to be successful? This is an area that I have failed at many times...

Quote: --- Original message by: AllySuzumiya
    im like SO shocked right now..
    how DARE YOU CANCEL SIERRA 117!?

GRRR

Me and MatthewDratt have a hobby where we create really exciting maps and then cancel them.

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 25, 2017 02:25 PM (Total replies: 73)

Does anybody wonder that these might still be the "good old days"? Many members posting here have been on Halomaps for roughly 10 years. Where do you think Halomaps will be in another 10 years? Unless Dennis runs this place until he is 74 years old in 2027, I do not think this place will be in existence.

We should enjoy our limited time here while we can, as one day we will all be talking about the good old days when "there was used to be a Halomaps."

Quote: --- Original message by: assassinchief
    Oh wow, I said all that? Sorry about all that, man, wish I never did.

It was 7 years ago and time heals all old wounds. I was 15 years old and didn't know how respond back then, reading my own posts make me cringe. It's fine.

If you're interested in firefight, there is Firefight Descent, released in 2012.

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
    If I had my old setup (pre-harddrive crash), I'd jump aboard for sure.

I don't believe that. Practically everyone I have worked with (MoooseGuy, Gamma927, etc.) has faked a HD crash to have an excuse to not work on a map or release assets.

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
    I still can't figure out who you are, and I used to troll far harder as an obnoxious kid back in the day. Funny seeing a few other oldies popping up in this thread.

Gamma927 always held you in the highest regard.
    Edited by Pepzee on Jun 25, 2017 at 02:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 24, 2017 11:39 PM (Total replies: 73)

Assassinchief106, I never missed you.

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
    Quote: --- Original message by: assassinchief
    Why hasn't the firefight scene gone anywhere? I just searched for firefights on the reg site and the 1st page of results is the exact same it's been since '10.

Because solo firefights suck

That must be the reason.

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
    I remember you, along with many others. I miss those days, well the organization and "get it done!" attitude many of us had.

Want to work on a project then? ;)
    I guess that was an attitude we "had".
    Edited by Pepzee on Jun 25, 2017 at 12:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jun 18, 2017 01:40 AM (Total replies: 86)

This looks like a good project. It would be nice to see some gameplay and encounters when you have it. I could probably help with SP scripting if you need it, though it has been years since I have made an SP map

If only someone would do an e3 for custom edition

It's time to move on.
    Edited by Pepzee on Jun 18, 2017 at 01:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Money May 7, 2017 02:26 AM (Total replies: 121)

If folks aren't willing to donate to keep Halomaps running, there is no way they would be willing to pay someone else to make content. This is a hobby for most people and I'd learn how to make what I want myself if I really wanted it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
    That's exactly what a poor person would say. :V

This is just a completely false statement.
    Edited by Pepzee on May 7, 2017 at 02:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Wars: Definitive Edition pc Apr 23, 2017 01:37 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
    so I found this on steam, it's about time this got on pc.

you know this is the odd thing ,about halo wars pc, it works on win 7, I mean didn't they say win 10 was a thing? and win 7 was a no no?.

also linkhttp://store.steampowered.com/app/459220/

The original Halo Wars was released in March 2009, which was before Windows 7 was released in October 2009. I think it makes sense that it runs on older operating systems because of when it was developed.

I had no idea the original Halo Wars was ported to PC, that is good news.

If enough time passes I might die before this gets released.

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
    Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
    SIERRA 117 NAO

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/6/005/0b1/1ee/05be67f.jpg

Just release the source files and tags from Sierra 117. I think most people would be happy with that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bypass 16 player limit Mar 3, 2017 10:45 AM (Total replies: 11)

Even if you could connect dozens of extra players, I would imagine the ping would get very high and would not be a good experience for players.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 20, 2016 11:16 PM (Total replies: 11397)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
    Vehiles will be on this map
    http://i.imgur.com/8eBsu3a.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/mBBqHIq.jpg

So much bloom I can't see the HUD. :P

The environment looks very nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Little History Dec 20, 2016 12:01 AM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

dead link.

Alive link.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Little History Dec 17, 2016 07:59 PM (Total replies: 33)

Another point of information can be found here:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47046&start=15

Dennis might know more if you ask him.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Little History Dec 17, 2016 07:45 PM (Total replies: 33)

Halo Custom Edition is completely different than regular Halo PC. Gearbox did some major modifications to it, however I do not know what those modifications were.

As an example I do not believe any of the Halo PC maps would work if put in the Halo CE maps folder.

I believe Halo Custom Edition was only made by Gearbox, while the PC version was also made by Bungie and Microsoft. I'm sure the development teams were somewhat different.

Oh I see, political stuff.

I'm glad there's no politics in Halo, imagine if Cpt. Keyes needed to run for reelection and all the controversies that would be dug up by his affair with Halsey. Politics make everything ugly.

Instead lets talk about Takedown, and how late into "early 2017" we have to wait.

worst year since 2007

What happened in 2007? I thought everybody said that those were the good old days, where everyone got along and there was peace on Halomaps.
    Edited by Pepzee on Dec 17, 2016 at 02:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphics bug Dec 8, 2016 02:42 AM (Total replies: 30)

Reminds me of Rainbow Firefight Descent:

(Actually its just corrupt lightmaps)

Your problem looks to be more of a problem with the bitmaps than the lightmaps, but I cannot tell.
    Edited by Pepzee on Dec 8, 2016 at 02:43 AM

I don't predict complete failure. I try to stay optimistic that most projects will be completed. But experience tells me otherwise...

Eitherway, good luck. I am able to answer questions about single-player map scripting if you need it.

I recommend you rethink your goals. Shooting for the moon is fine, but going for the sun might leave you burned.

I have had plenty of massive projects collapse, even with teams of the most talented people on Halomaps. Big projects are not as fun to make as they are to play.

Try joining an existing project and contributing to it. You'll gain experience and skills to use on your own project later on.
    Edited by Pepzee on Nov 27, 2016 at 02:50 AM

Time: Tue October 17, 2017 3:28 AM 344 ms.
    A Halo Maps Website