A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Pepzee
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 13, 2018 10:04 PM
Interests: Technology
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play: Halo: CE

Post Statistics
Pepzee has contributed to 1393 posts out of 468070 total posts (.30%) in 2,995 days (.47 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teleport player script single player Nov 13, 2018 10:04 PM (Total replies: 1)

Should be:

(object_teleport (unit (list_get (players) 0)) <FLAG NAME>)

You can place a flag in the scenario using sapien and that is where the player will teleport to.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Nov 5, 2018 07:36 PM (Total replies: 35)

Confirming Masterz message.

Firefight Descent II has been merged into SPv3 and will be known as SPv3 Firefight Descent. Hence Firefight Descent II is cancelled. Projects have been split up in different directions, some joining SPv3 and others going their own way. Firefight Portent II from 2015 will be salvaged with a new BSP. Portent II is not an SPv3 project and will be worked on independently as a second project in spare time. For now the focus will be SPv3 and getting Descent up and running with the rest of the SPv3 project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release! Halo 3 Pillar Of Autumn Oct 13, 2018 06:36 PM (Total replies: 8)

Lots of bloom. *Puts on shades* Looks fun though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Are the HaloMaps downloads going to update? Oct 11, 2018 08:59 PM (Total replies: 20)

I practically learned everything I know from Gamma927. Heck maybe I even owe part of my career to what he taught me (but don't tell him). There were other helpful folks such as MoooseGuy as well. But I also learned a lot myself by figuring things out through the game.

There is a wealth of knowledge buried in these forums that are not in tutorials sadly.
Edited by Pepzee on Oct 11, 2018 at 09:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Are the HaloMaps downloads going to update? Oct 4, 2018 10:50 PM (Total replies: 20)

The widespread belief that I have heard is "no". I hope they are wrong. At this point so much time has passed, so who knows?

I remember there used to be a lot of threads around here predicting the death of Halomaps, perhaps the time is upon us, or maybe the time has already passed? A little dramatic, but the real answer is no one knows, and no one has a lot of faith anymore.

The most we can do is hope Dennis is still alive and in good health.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] El secreto Sep 20, 2018 08:37 PM (Total replies: 6)

This must be the real "Library" found in halo :).

Looks good.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Sep 9, 2018 12:03 AM (Total replies: 35)

I can't say with any confidence what role the flood is going to play in this map yet. We have some leftovers from Descent: Quarantine that I would like to use. At the same time letting the player sit back while the covenant and flood wipe each other out is not very fun. They may make an appearance if I can figure out how to implement them properly.

I hate to say this but, whatever was shown in the 2014, 2015, 2016 CE3 trailers for Firefight Descent II/Quarantine was completely spoofed and never really existed. I had practically no involvement with the creation of those trailers and I never received the content shown in those trailers. I have not actually even watched the full Descent II 2016 CE3 trailer, and I really don't want to. I would not consider what is shown in those trailers relevant at all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 31, 2018 10:05 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
I'd say keep this thing going! I had no idea anyone was still working on it!

It will be kept going, and hopefully released in some form next year.

I plan to keep both the discord thread that MatthewDratt posted here and Halomaps (assuming people still post here) up to date with information as things progress. Some time next year I will make a more formal announcement and hopefully folks will be interested. Thanks!

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 27, 2018 12:10 AM (Total replies: 35)

Looks like we'll be setting up a discord thread/page/whateveritis at some point not too far in the future. I'll post a link here when I have it. I'll also keep this thread up to date as well. If anyone wants to help feel free to send me a message or post here.

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
I have a question, in descent 1 you were a spi odst mix?? It looked cool, i would like to see a brushed up spi helmet on that cmt odst throwin an idea into the ring

Not sure what we are going to do with the player biped yet. He may change to be more of a conventional ODST, rather than the ODST SPI biped we had, as he had many rigging issues.

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
phew i thought this was looong dead

Not dead, but not alive either. Zombie maybe?

I hope to be posting content updates at some point either later this year or next year, but I am not far enough along yet to do so. I hope I'll be able to work with Masterz to get some of his ideas implemented as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 16, 2018 10:32 PM (Total replies: 35)

A very pre-alpha picturep of what the map might look like with tactical CMT tags.

Quote: --- Original message by: ItzMeFizzie
I don't posess the skills to help you, i can't code at all in fact, lol.
But what i can do is to wish you good luck! And if this comes out, i will for sure play it! :)
Have a great day! Sincerely Fizzie.

I appreciate the encouragement. I'll try, and see if I can get the map going.

I have a hard deadline for myself to produce this map, which will be the end of next year (December 2019). If I am unable to accomplish the complete map by then, I'll release all the tags that were created such as the BSPs and the armory system. No more letting this drag on for years and years.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Well feel free to join the SPV3 discord, what's ours is yours if you want it.

https://discord.gg/8dDwGWR

Thanks, I'll join and familarize myself :)
Edited by Pepzee on Aug 16, 2018 at 10:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Aug 4, 2018 08:48 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Perhaps I should simply make software to use all by myself and share nothing

This is a threat that rings hollow in this place.

This even happens when the intent is to release things.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Everyone, stop responding to sparky. This is pitiful.

You want to steal the little bit of life this place has left? That is pitiful.

This thread would have been locked by now if it had absolutely no relevance.
Edited by Pepzee on Aug 4, 2018 at 08:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Disabling music? Aug 2, 2018 11:34 PM (Total replies: 4)

I've never used this command before but I found it in the BSL bible:

Set the game's music gain
(sound_set_music_gain <real>)

So if you have both the console and devmode turned on ingame, then hit ~ and type sound_set_music_gain 0, that should disable all music.

This is just an educated guess, I would think setting the gain to 0 would mute the music, but I am not sure.

The other alternative involves knowing the tag names of the soundtrack that is playing and issuing a sound_looping_stop or sound_impulse_stop command. That would require some research though...

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Aug 2, 2018 10:13 PM (Total replies: 37)

Next time I recommend you donate the $20,000 to Halomaps. It may help this place out, you never know...
Edited by Pepzee on Aug 2, 2018 at 10:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 19, 2018 08:29 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod

I'd personally go with the Zteam Halo 3 tagset and some updated versions of the tactical weapons (better shaders, improved firing effects) that you guys used in Firefight Descent. I really liked the ODST inspired look of everything in the original Firefight Descent and the CMT tagset (although awesome) would remove some of that legacy no offense.

Edit: Also Altheros made some decent ODST inspired mods (Winterstruct beta and the Alsthetic mod) which have Zteam weapons with Open Sauce.

I think we used some of Zteams H3 tags in the original descent, but with custom animations. The only recent public map of his I could find is the one here. I played through some of it (but it crashed) and I do agree that some of the tags could be reused, I am not sure that they would fit the theme very well either as they seem very Halo Reach inspired.

From what I can tell CMT also made some tactical versions of their weaponset (tactical SMG, Battle Rifle, and Sniper) that would allow Descent II to retain some of the legacy of the original.

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I also vote for Altheros's tags. They're the closest thing to an OS-fied version of the original Descent tagset you could find

I definitely see that they are similar and it probably could work, one of my concerns is with the quality of the tags. There were some weapons where the gun was floating above the players hands.

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
It's been a while since I was able to help with this, weren't you guys having some difficulty with the last tagset due to Moooseguy not agreeing with it or something? wouldn't you need a tagset that'd more align with his ideas?

The answer is yes for both questions. There used to be a lot of internal politics and disagreements that stopped us from getting very far. However, at this point they have all moved on and I want to push this project forward. Moooseguy would probably reject the idea of using a CMT tagset (as he did in the past), but he is gone and if this map is to ever be released then I am going to have to go with something that has already been created or find someone that can help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 18, 2018 07:24 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
There’s no such thing as a “spv3 evolved tagset.

I can give you access to our current sov3 tagset and some of our old content from the banished project, we had a really awesome 4K ODST hud that could certainly be of use to you.

I appreciate the offer, as long as I have permission I would be very grateful to be able to use it.

I am a little confused the SPv3 tagsets that are out there. If my memory serves me correct there was one publicly released for B30 Evolved. Then there was SPv3.1, which did not have a public tag release. I assume the one folks are referring to here is the B30 Evolved set?

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Evolved Tagset sounds nice (and I don't mean the SPv3 Evolved tagset, the OG one that was made without tinkering). Being the case, it might also be a good idea to simply refine some of the damage values as need be. The weapons are balanced really well but if it doesn't suit what you're doing then its not going to help you a lot.

My main concern was the tactical weapon theme the original map had and trying to match it. Though this was a long time ago and SPv3 has changed a lot since I first looked at it, so it could probably fit the theme just fine.

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
It'd be a good move to get into discord, though I haven't done so myself. Nearly everyone that posted here has seemingly moved on to there.
I really do hope this project manages to see the day of light, even as a beta.
As for the tagset, my vote goes to Evolved Tagset

Thanks for the input. I hope I can make the project see the light of day too, I have had too many failures here. I will probably use some version of the SPv3 tagset.
Edited by Pepzee on Jul 18, 2018 at 07:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 17, 2018 08:51 PM (Total replies: 35)

Xfire has been gone for a long time. As for Discord I am completely unfamiliar with it. I have been "out of it" for quite some time now. That is fine though, I am sure in the end I will figure something out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 14, 2018 09:08 PM (Total replies: 35)

I understand that there may not be many folks left around here that could help us, but I thought I would ask here anyway.

About 6 years ago me and a guy named Moooseguy created a map called Firefight Descent. Shortly after we started a successor to this map known at that time as Deadly Descent, we also started a project called Firefight Portent II. Unfortunately Moooseguy left and we were unable to finish either of the projects. Then about 4 years ago a member here named Spiral convinced me to combine both these projects and start another project called Firefight Descent II, you may have seen some of the trailers in the final years of CE3. Spiral enlisted the help of another member here named Super Flanker and they remastered the original Descent BSP and the Portent BSP. This took a staggering 3.5 years. Once the BSPs were finished Super Flanker disappeared, and Spiral is unable to contribute much to the project at this time.

I wanted to give this background story to give any potential helpers a good idea how far along I am, which is not as far as I should be after all this time.

Considering how many years of effort were put into the BSPs I would like to finish the project, but I do not want to reuse the tags from the original Firefight Descent from 6 years ago. It would be nice to have some sort of a upgraded tagset with OS shaders. I am looking for someone who can help create weapon/biped/HUD tagsets for use in Firefight Descent II. I am also looking for someone who can help create cutscenes and animations. I know this is a lot to ask, but I think this project has a lot potential. I have have scripted in the lives system and armory from the original Descent, as well as the armory and points system from the unreleased Portent II. I think it would be a good idea to have a good tagset to use with these assets. I could also use some help for finding soundtrack, feel free to give suggestions but the soundtrack must be Halo themed.

There are a few other things that I could do:
  • Reuse the original Descent tagset from 2012

• Take an existing tagset with OS shaders, such as the SPv3 tagset

• Find someone who can update the Descent 2012 tagset with OS shaders

• Find someone who is able to create a custom tagset

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the best option is if I cannot find help? I do not have any experience in modeling or creating bitmaps, so whatever I would create would be rather low quality.

Note: This is not an announcement thread. This project is not guaranteed to be released to the public at this point, and no betas exist.

Thanks for reading,
Pepzee
Edited by Pepzee on Jul 14, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyway to remove scenery using scripts? Jul 5, 2018 11:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

Possibly:

(object_destroy_all)

Though this will destroy all objects, which may include more than scenery.

Halo CE General Discussion » Eye candy Jun 28, 2018 08:30 PM (Total replies: 5)

Another project joins the Halomaps graveyard. At least some of the effects looked nice.

Quote: --- Original message by: McRangerRare
(holy that bump.)

I guess? 4 months isn't too bad?

Halo CE General Discussion » Plasma Pistol Flame/Fire Effects Jun 7, 2018 08:53 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
The fact that people still have opposition to OS makes me realize how far in the past this site is

Halo development was started in 1997, announced at Macworld in 1999, released on Xbox in 2001, and released on PC in 2003.

Everything about this game is far in the past. Not necessarily this site.

Lets pull out our netscape browsers and actually view a website far in the past:

Edited by Pepzee on Jun 7, 2018 at 09:04 PM

Time: Tue November 20, 2018 9:41 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website