A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MatthewDratt
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 31, 2020 12:36 AM
Location: MatthewDratt on Skype/Steam. MattDratt#8783 on Discord
Interests: Takedown/Lumoria/CE3
Your Age: old
What Games do you play: Games are for geeks
TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Post Statistics
MatthewDratt has contributed to 4916 posts out of 465381 total posts (1.06%) in 3,497 days (1.41 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Recorded Animations always out of snyc Mar 31, 2020 12:36 AM (Total replies: 2)

(a) make sure you are always setting your game to 30fps lock when recording recorded animations
(b) make sure you play recorded animations on the vehicles themselves and not a biped controlling the vehicle
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 31, 2020 at 12:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 28, 2020 01:38 AM (Total replies: 13)

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Endless and Repeat Scripts Mar 26, 2020 05:28 PM (Total replies: 2)

Yup, continuous would be best course of action for this.

(script continuous pelican_flyby
(object_create_anew peli_bg_1)
(object_teleport peli_bg_1 peli_gb_1_spawn)
(recording_play_and_delete peli_bg_1 peli_bg_1_ra)
(sleep (recording_time peli_bg_1 ))
(sleep (30 * 10))
)

Script static voids also let you run a series of commands a script itself

(script static void pelican_flyby
(object_create_anew peli_bg_1)
(object_teleport peli_bg_1 peli_gb_1_spawn)
(recording_play_and_delete peli_bg_1 peli_bg_1_ra)
(sleep (recording_time peli_bg_1 ))
(sleep (30 * 10))
)

(script startup start_me_up_baybee
(Zhu Li, do the thing
(sleep 30)
(pelican_flyby)
(sleep 90)
(more scripts
(pelican_flyby)
)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Progress] Sound tool by janus/altheros Mar 26, 2020 04:06 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
How about tools where I don't have to get constantly reminded that the creator is jealous over the fact their mods aren't as popular as others?

It's not jealousy and I mean when you cater to retards and kids that have no sense on what's actually good or not then your popularity is cheap. If something was actually good and was popular we would praise and respect it but something like SPV3 which only got popular cause of hivemind kids that can't do thinking for themselves and just chimes in on what every retard is following then that's a bit annoying and you get frustrated on how dumb people are and why the creators can't see the flaws in their mods and use jealousy as their defense mechanism when someone actually gave them criticism cause they can't accept the fact they are so bad cause of their ego. Takedown is cringe and horrible and Planet Flood looks 100x better than crap.

You say it's not jealousy and then go on about how you don't like how it's popular lol

Halo CE General Discussion » [Progress] Sound tool by janus/altheros Mar 26, 2020 12:28 AM (Total replies: 7)

How about tools where I don't have to get constantly reminded that the creator is jealous over the fact their mods aren't as popular as others?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 22, 2020 03:47 AM (Total replies: 13)

Part 1 of Takedown: Extermination has been released in early access.

I am using early access as a form of stress test on the tagset and each update will be changed across all maps. Please report any major issues here so they can be fixed with the final release on March 28th along with the final part.

Takedown: Extermination spoilers may follow below...
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 22, 2020 at 03:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Why can't Elite Bipeds change colours? Mar 21, 2020 01:15 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
https://i.imgur.com/vbxc1xR.jpg

This is what I'm talking about, you cannot change the elite's colour.

I take it that it has something to do with the Bitmap? But it just makes no sense because the biped cannot match say the major elite's colour. It will be a different shade.

The actor variants cannot change colour either- How are the current in-game tags even working in the first place?

This is an absolute mystery...

Have you checked to make sure there isnt more than 1 color change?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 20, 2020 04:07 PM (Total replies: 13)

It's happening...

tomorrow

Part 1 Release Trailer

Just in case anyone is wondering, the release won't be at midnight but probably sometime mid day. Check between 12-6pm EST. Been working non stop this last week getting Part 1 fixed and cleaned up and just a couple last touches
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 20, 2020 at 04:55 PM

It's still coming...Had to rerun lightmaps twice now... sigh.
Literally just waiting on those. Once its done and not messed up Ill get it up asap
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 21, 2020 at 09:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Why can't Elite Bipeds change colours? Mar 19, 2020 11:29 PM (Total replies: 9)

in the elite shader_model it states which color (a,b,c,d) will change the color of the elite. This is how you have multiple color changes. Set your shoulders to a, body to b, and lights to c, etc. Make sure you are changing the correct one.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria - Refined? Mar 16, 2020 10:20 PM (Total replies: 7)

It was popular and people don't like what's popular. The people that hated is just because it was popular drowned out the people that actually had real criticisms (no like seriously, the people that got all pissy about it when it was released didn't even play it).

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 16, 2020 09:58 PM (Total replies: 13)

Takedown: Extermination is the final level in the Operation Takedown series. Go after Patriarchus and find the forerunner weapon. Extermination features 8 mini-levels, all that bring their own refreshing style of gameplay, including a rainy forest, a city island, and a snowy plateau.

Trailers!
Takedown: Extermination - Launch Trailer
Takedown: Extermination (Part 1) - Release Trailer
Takedown: Extermination (Part 2) - Release Trailer

Along with Extermination, both The Introduction & Project Lawson have been integrated into the Extermination tagset. You will be able to download all these levels in a single download.

Download will be here!

Currently available for download:

--------------------------------------------
Is Open Sauce required?
Yes, Open Sauce 4.0 is required.

Will you release a non-OS version?
Probably not. Unfortunately there is quite a lot locked in with OS at this point.

Can I use other mods such as Chimera, etc while playing Takedown?
Overall, the use of other mods during your play through is unsupported. However, during testing, many have tried to use additional mods and have found both success and issues. Use at your own risk and understand if you are having issues, it may be the additional mods and not the map itself.

Will Takedown: Extermination use data-files?
Yes. A lot of the tools to bypass data-files have come out far too late in this production to make it worth going back and putting it all back together. Extermination is so large that is spans 7 yelo files. Without data files, the amount of space required for this level would be massive.

Wait, what are data-files?
Data files are just .map files that pool the main resources of the level into, such as bitmaps and sound files. Instead of each yelo file being 400-500mb each, it makes each yelo file under 100mb and includes a few extra larger map files that contain the bitmaps and sounds for each level. These MUST be installed into your Halo: Custom Edition maps directory as will be laid out in the download. If the data files are not in the correct location, the levels will not load.

Will I need to re-download all files during early access?
Yes! Please drop everything into your maps folder as is and replace any files.

Why is Extermination in two parts?
Extermination was so massive during the script writing process, I decided from the start that Extermination (story wise) would be split into two halves. When Part 1 ends, you will have come to a defined story end point (not just a random mid-point to cut off the level). Part 1 consists of the first four rally points (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta). Part 2 consists of the last four rally points (Echo, Foxtrot, Gamma, Iota). The trailers have been using a mix of scenes from both parts, so some things you may have seen in the trailers may not be present until Part 2 is released.

Will you release this for MCC?
I do not believe that is currently possible at this time.

Will there be a sequel?
At this time, Takedown: Extermination is the ending of the series and I have no plans to continue it in any fashion.

How long is Takedown: Extermination?
This solely depends on your style of gameplay. I would say give yourself 1-2 hours for Part 1 and 3-4 hours for Part 2, but this all just depends on how you play. Part 1 is probably just as long/slightly longer than Project Lawson while Part 2 is around double as long. When Part 1 ends, it offers a good stopping point if you need to take a break or go do something else for a while.

Will you release a Spanish or subtitled version?
At this time I have no plans to do so, however I am not opposed to work on this with someone once released if I can get the help required. Subtitles are tricky as onscreen cinematic titles have a limit and the debug on-screen text changes how long it appears on screen depending on the frame-rate you are running the game at.

How often will this be updated post-release?
If any issues that are major or bother me are found at or shortly after release, I will update them as soon as I can. Once the dust settles, there will probably be limited support after the first month or two.

Will you release a version without data-files?
Yes. I am going to give the release a week or so and then do any last minute updates before compiling out separate builds.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 28, 2020 at 02:03 AM

Screenshot Monday?

Part 1 launches THIS SATURDAY!

Since we're so close I'm going to move this off the WIP thread and onto a release thread
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 16, 2020 at 09:25 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » OS vs OG level design and tools Mar 16, 2020 06:56 PM (Total replies: 7)

You don't even need to run the installer. Just copy and paste the Halo Custom Edition folder. The update might freak out a little bit if you install the updates out of order, but otherwise thats all you need to do. A lot of the larger teams do this and just run CE off of a shared dropbox (or something similar)
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 16, 2020 at 06:57 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » OS vs OG level design and tools Mar 15, 2020 10:48 PM (Total replies: 7)

You can have multiple installs of Halo. I have an older .09 version of Halo installed to make recorded animations and just import them into my OS maps (you just gotta remove any project yellow definitions at the top of the scenario while you import)

Hey it's Screenshot Sunday!

Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 16, 2020 at 07:08 PM

Project Lawson has started. Rediscover it now! https://haloce3.com/downloads/singleplayer/original-singleplayer/takedown/
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 15, 2020 at 01:26 AM

Relive through The Introduction. Takedown, each week until the final release March 28th!
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 7, 2020 at 01:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » any good mods available? Mar 4, 2020 01:38 AM (Total replies: 11)

Halo CE General Discussion » any good mods available? Mar 3, 2020 06:51 PM (Total replies: 11)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=44979&start=421

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FhePXuMEkw

Time: Tue April 7, 2020 2:29 AM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website