A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MatthewDratt
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 17, 2018 12:16 PM
Location: MatthewDratt on Skype/Steam. MattDratt#8783 on Discord
Interests: Takedown/Lumoria/CE3
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Games are for geeks
CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Post Statistics
MatthewDratt has contributed to 4841 posts out of 465679 total posts (1.04%) in 2,720 days (1.78 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » How do I add vehicles without deleting some? Feb 17, 2018 12:16 PM (Total replies: 1)

In SP, you don't need to add the vehicles to the globals.
In MP, I believe any added vehicles that do not fit into the globals needs to be scripted. Try looking around here https://www.google.com/search?q=halomaps+forum+more+vehicles+in+global+site:forum.halomaps.org&safe=off&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjx5-KOuK3ZAhUBOawKHb1ACEcQrQIINCgEMAA&biw=2560&bih=1334

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I restart Tags?? Feb 16, 2018 01:36 PM (Total replies: 4)

This is the default tag folder that comes with HEK. (Data folder)
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 16, 2018 at 01:37 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » December HMU final call + CE3 Award Show Info Feb 11, 2018 02:37 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
lol

This dismissive attitude is why I thought it was cancelled.

The CE3 liveshow in the summer is canceled.

The Awards show is separate along with HMU. The 2018 Award Show deadline is whenever it makes sense near the end of the year. HMU deadlines are whenever we feel like it.

Halo CE General Discussion » December HMU final call + CE3 Award Show Info Feb 10, 2018 12:56 PM (Total replies: 10)

lol

Hey long chance but does anyone who can speak Spanish want to translate and play Johnlex in an upcoming parody video we're working on...

Halo CE General Discussion » what is the avatar size Jan 23, 2018 10:27 PM (Total replies: 5)

This poor guy, every time he posts matt just shuts him down.

Don't listen to him resh.

im just mean bully

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 23, 2018 12:58 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Even tho it would probably just take a couple of hours

it takes way longer than youd think

source
i decided to make my own halomaps
bad idea
Edited by MatthewDratt on Jan 23, 2018 at 12:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » what is the avatar size Jan 17, 2018 10:35 PM (Total replies: 5)

uhm

yes

you can literally just click on anyones avatar and view it to see 100x100

totally illegal dennis will sue

Honestly the main issue when porting over Sierra 117 and what sounds like a similar issue for the H2SPP team is the instance geometry.

In Halo 1, all the BSP must be 100% closed off. Any other objects like trees & rocks are scenery. Those are lit and pathfound independently.

In Halo 2+, some of those objects are actually part of the scenery as instance geometry. The cliffs in Sierra 117? Those are all independent rocks, rescale up and down and rotated around to look like a rocky cliff. Same with the trees and buildings.

Kirby made a little app that'd just auto-import instance as scenery, but there were a variety of issues with that approach. Such as scale, which would need to be set independently one object at a time. My AI were also have a variety of issues with so many scenery objects and would constantly just run into objects as if they weren't there. Another issue, especially with the cliffs, is that each scenery object was lit independently. In the end, you'd get the ugliest cliff ever as a rock, even if it was huge, was lit as one shade, and then the 4 rocks around it would also be lit differently.

The only solution I found was to just import that stuff into the actual BSP, which involves boolean-ing it into the geometry and closing it off. Which took forever.

Honestly I think it'd be easier to just do a complete 100% remake, not a port over. Stylize it, make it your own. But a straight import just brings tons of issues.

Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
You want to play the campaign of those games? Go play them.

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
seam

HOLY CRAP. I never thought I'd get to this part of the map. Things are looking up.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Awards: Voting Begins Dec 21, 2017 02:16 PM (Total replies: 10)

I distinctly remember several posts throughout the first half of the year saying there wasn't going to be another and that last year's was the last.

Welp too late now. Good luck

Is anyone good with particles? I need a custom explosion... discord me MattDratt#8783

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Awards: Voting Begins Dec 20, 2017 02:06 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Cat cage and hotgulch aren't modified maps... are custom + reused assets.

Welp I moved you. If it seems like that really would affect your results on getting onto Round 2 then I'll take that into consideration.

Wait. I was told CE3 was done.

I wouldve made it a point to get a copy of mombasa going.

We do this awards yearly
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 20, 2017 at 02:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Awards: Voting Begins Dec 19, 2017 03:42 PM (Total replies: 10)

Round 2 of voting begins!

https://goo.gl/forms/J6JdPIy6kxwmkAGI2

Round One will take everything into account. All maps uploaded to http://haloce3.com/ce/ this year will be eligible! Maps that didn't make it on the site this year will be pushed into next year's voting despite original release date.
Round Two will take the top responses and narrow the field down to the best of the best. There will only be multiple choice answers by this point.

Map/Tag list: http://haloce3.com/ce/?post_date=10012016+12312017&sort_order=date+asc

If you think I missed something/miscategorized something, just message me. If it seems like a big error, theres always round 2.

Best Modified Multiplayer Map
No idea is original. Well, that's what some people say. What were the best of the best non-original ideas? These are the multiplayer maps where people took a foundation and added to it.

Best Original Multiplayer Map
These are the ones where people crafted hours over a 3d model, checking every detail, making sure it's perfect... or maybe. You decide! These are the maps no eye has seen before them.

Best Tag
Without the tags, there would be no maps! These are all of those dang assets that make your next Hugeass mod even more extreme.

Best Modified Singleplayer Map
It's always hard to categorize these maps. Are modified singleplayer maps singleplayer maps that have existed before but modified, or are they new singleplayer maps but on already existing multiplayer maps? That's the question that haunts my dreams everytime I have to decide which category to put a singleplayer map into. I dunno. You vote and if something seems off I can always move stuff to a different category come Round Two.

Best Original Singleplayer Map
These are those maps that seem like a good amount of effort was put into them. Even if they are on already existing ground. But then you'll bitch at me and say one of those Modified Singleplayer maps had a lot of effort put into them and deserve to be in here.

Best Application
There weren't too many this year so I'm leaving this one blank. Make sure to clearly write down what app you think should be included in the Round 2 voting. Skip if you can' think of any.

Best Community Member
These are the people who didn't totally suck this year. Which is always hard to come by. Everyone sucks. I guess these are the people who sucked the less, or did the most sucking? Depends how you see it.

Best Halo CE-Related Youtube Video or Series

People make Youtube videos. Is a single video really good? Or does a channel have a specific series that stands out. If the entire channel IS that series, you can go ahead a just link the channel.

Most Anticipated Project

As projects get bigger, timelines get longer. What is that one darn project that just never releases that you must have now?

Most Promising
This is kinda a "You Deserve an Award" award. This is the project that had a ton of potential/promise but because it was a smaller project, didn't get the popularity it deserved.
This is limited to (1) Already Released Maps/Tags from this year and (2) Smaller/Less Popular Projects. Considering that 2nd part is kinda subjective, you go ahead and interpret it in your own way and when it comes to round two, we'll clean up the obvious no-nos.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 19, 2017 at 04:27 PM
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 24, 2017 at 01:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » AI CUSTOM MAP WITH SCORE THAT COUNTS Dec 13, 2017 07:58 PM (Total replies: 4)

call kirby

Quote: --- Original message by: Generalkidd
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

I'm using HHT and Eschaton

well that's your issue
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 7, 2017 at 06:47 PM

What would you recommend I use then?

Halo Custom Edition + HEK

I'm using HHT and Eschaton

well that's your issue
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 7, 2017 at 06:47 PM

Time: Tue February 20, 2018 2:39 AM 563 ms.
A Halo Maps Website