A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MatthewDratt
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 3, 2018 01:33 PM
Location: MatthewDratt on Skype/Steam. MattDratt#8783 on Discord
Interests: Takedown/Lumoria/CE3
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Games are for geeks
#BlueWave2018

Post Statistics
MatthewDratt has contributed to 4848 posts out of 466474 total posts (1.04%) in 2,779 days (1.74 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Motion Capture Animations in Halo CE Apr 3, 2018 01:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

Yes

Halo CE General Discussion » 3dsmax 2019 Mar 22, 2018 03:45 PM (Total replies: 10)

People who want to sell things legally

SPV3 now $29.99, get the gun upgrade pack for only $4.99 extra

Halo CE General Discussion » 3dsmax 2019 Mar 22, 2018 02:04 PM (Total replies: 10)

Nothing of real value and still costs more than my car per month? Nah man Im good
yes i know we can use it for free if nonprofit but still

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps will be updating Mar 20, 2018 12:36 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
I wonder how long MatthewDratt will keep haloce3.com running as an alternative for this kind of stuff? I can't help but wonder if he realizes what he volunteered for as there is a cost for keeping it running for the foreseeable future. It costs more than just money, it costs time!

Money isn't any problem with the site. The hosting is shared with my main personal websites and the domain renews for free via my current hosting site. The only foreseeable issue is Mediafire. Sites like Mediafire don't tend to hang around terribly long and it's been quite some time that it has been around so who knows since that what I use for the downloads.

But yeah time is the issue. However 3-4 updates/year is still more than HM right now so who knows.

Halo CE General Discussion » How can I link 6 bsp into one in game? Mar 11, 2018 03:27 AM (Total replies: 3)

Useful scripts

(object_teleport object flag)
(switch_bsp bspnumber)

To start off:
Add this to the top of your script
(script static unit player
(unit (list_get (players) 0))
)

Now you can teleport the player with a script.
(object_teleport player flagname)

Create cutscene flags in sapien, name them, and replace flagname with the flag name. Drop that in your script where you want and you can teleport the player. So essentially you can make a trigger volume, sleep until the player enter the trigger volume, then teleport them.

(sleep_until (volume_test_objects TRIGGERVOLUME (players))15)
(object_teleport player FLAGNAME)

If you have different bsps, loop at the order they were added to your scenario. The first bsp is bsp 0, the next is 1 and so on. So if you need to switch bsp you can add that script in there to

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 1, 2018 10:48 PM (Total replies: 68)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The hope is to do all new audio recordings. The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now. There's also a chance a relic from the past may make a re-appearance in SPV3 Lumoria...

wow send me a build

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 23, 2018 01:55 AM (Total replies: 68)

-Voice acting could be cleaned especially now that there is more access to find cheap for hire voice actors online. It was honestly pretty difficult to find voice actors back in the days of Lumosos.
-Cutscenes could be cleaned. Those were my early days. I'm not even sure if I knew how to do recorded animations back then. Ouch.
-In addition to all of that, I think the story could be cleaned up and focused too. I don't think a lot of people really understood what the heck was going on with the Sage. Terminals should be optional and add to the story, not be required to understand a major chunk of it.
-I dunno, I liked the gameplay. Shrugs.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I add vehicles without deleting some? Feb 17, 2018 12:16 PM (Total replies: 1)

In SP, you don't need to add the vehicles to the globals.
In MP, I believe any added vehicles that do not fit into the globals needs to be scripted. Try looking around here https://www.google.com/search?q=halomaps+forum+more+vehicles+in+global+site:forum.halomaps.org&safe=off&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjx5-KOuK3ZAhUBOawKHb1ACEcQrQIINCgEMAA&biw=2560&bih=1334

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I restart Tags?? Feb 16, 2018 01:36 PM (Total replies: 4)

This is the default tag folder that comes with HEK. (Data folder)
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 16, 2018 at 01:37 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » December HMU final call + CE3 Award Show Info Feb 11, 2018 02:37 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
lol

This dismissive attitude is why I thought it was cancelled.

The CE3 liveshow in the summer is canceled.

The Awards show is separate along with HMU. The 2018 Award Show deadline is whenever it makes sense near the end of the year. HMU deadlines are whenever we feel like it.

Halo CE General Discussion » December HMU final call + CE3 Award Show Info Feb 10, 2018 12:56 PM (Total replies: 10)

lol

Hey long chance but does anyone who can speak Spanish want to translate and play Johnlex in an upcoming parody video we're working on...

Halo CE General Discussion » what is the avatar size Jan 23, 2018 10:27 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
This poor guy, every time he posts matt just shuts him down.

Don't listen to him resh.

im just mean bully

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 23, 2018 12:58 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Even tho it would probably just take a couple of hours

it takes way longer than youd think

source
i decided to make my own halomaps
bad idea
Edited by MatthewDratt on Jan 23, 2018 at 12:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » what is the avatar size Jan 17, 2018 10:35 PM (Total replies: 5)

uhm

yes

you can literally just click on anyones avatar and view it to see 100x100

totally illegal dennis will sue

Honestly the main issue when porting over Sierra 117 and what sounds like a similar issue for the H2SPP team is the instance geometry.

In Halo 1, all the BSP must be 100% closed off. Any other objects like trees & rocks are scenery. Those are lit and pathfound independently.

In Halo 2+, some of those objects are actually part of the scenery as instance geometry. The cliffs in Sierra 117? Those are all independent rocks, rescale up and down and rotated around to look like a rocky cliff. Same with the trees and buildings.

Kirby made a little app that'd just auto-import instance as scenery, but there were a variety of issues with that approach. Such as scale, which would need to be set independently one object at a time. My AI were also have a variety of issues with so many scenery objects and would constantly just run into objects as if they weren't there. Another issue, especially with the cliffs, is that each scenery object was lit independently. In the end, you'd get the ugliest cliff ever as a rock, even if it was huge, was lit as one shade, and then the 4 rocks around it would also be lit differently.

The only solution I found was to just import that stuff into the actual BSP, which involves boolean-ing it into the geometry and closing it off. Which took forever.

Honestly I think it'd be easier to just do a complete 100% remake, not a port over. Stylize it, make it your own. But a straight import just brings tons of issues.

Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
You want to play the campaign of those games? Go play them.

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
seam

HOLY CRAP. I never thought I'd get to this part of the map. Things are looking up.

Time: Fri April 20, 2018 2:20 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website