A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MatthewDratt
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 01:35 PM
Interests: Takedown/Lumoria/CE3
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Games are for geeks
The Unashamed White Straight Progressive Male

Post Statistics
MatthewDratt has contributed to 4670 posts out of 462287 total posts (1.01%) in 2,422 days (1.93 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I'm probably alone but I loved Reach.

Reachs multiplayer caved into modern day MP games by doing loadouts. They at least didn't sink to Halo 4 levels of fully customizable loadouts though. It was ok but wasn't as good as past MP.
The singleplayer was also crap.

Oh yeah I don't remember this because I didn't make it :(

Quote: --- Original message by: Xtralaos
Yeah, I've got an idea, how about you release Part 2 already. I've been waiting since 2013 to play this fully. CMT. STEP. UP. YOUR. DEVELOPMENT!

It's been cancelled

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreams in a Cryotank: Official Halo CE thread. Apr 25, 2017 11:00 PM (Total replies: 52)

lol can someone tl;dr this thread for me? I have no clue what's going on by doing my usual skim

Halo CE General Discussion » AI dont appear when I reopen Sapien Apr 24, 2017 04:36 PM (Total replies: 5)

I'm hoping for gods sake that you are working on a singleplayer level. In that case you don't even need the AI to show in Sapien. Just make them spawn with scripting ingame with (ai_place ENCOUNTER)

When trying to compile my BSP I get this

04.22.17 00:15:22 EAX: 0x00000000
04.22.17 00:15:22 EBX: 0x00000901
04.22.17 00:15:22 ECX: 0x00000000
04.22.17 00:15:22 EDX: 0x00000000
04.22.17 00:15:22 EDI: 0x0019EE10
04.22.17 00:15:22 ESI: 0x00000000
04.22.17 00:15:22 EBP: 0x0019ECE8
04.22.17 00:15:22 ESP: 0x0019ECDC
04.22.17 00:15:22 EIP: 0x7754F43C, C2 08 00 90 ?????
04.22.17 00:15:22 EXCEPTION halt in .\import_collision_bsp\build_collision_bsp.c,#1529: dividing_edge->vertex_indices[1]==NONE

neithermind, got it. skybox error
Edited by MatthewDratt on Apr 22, 2017 at 01:08 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
What does HMU mean?

It was originally HaloMaps Update. Where we'd cover all the maps when Halomaps... updated. Except it doesn't update anymore. Just didn't change the shows name
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfdpgHYKKLipQXvCb57UBXorYUi1Mxy6o
Edited by MatthewDratt on Apr 20, 2017 at 05:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » For those who want to be Game Developers Apr 13, 2017 10:30 PM (Total replies: 8)

tl;dr version is hek sucks and new game engines are better and easier to use

I think most of us know that already

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
@MattCrapp What kind of sick April fools jokes is this?

Considering we play all the maps for HMU filming, the joke is youre trying to play ai maps

Ha jokes back on you I never downloaded any maps.

ha jokes back on me why the heck do i host these maps anyway I dunno

@MattCrapp What kind of sick April fools jokes is this?

Considering we play all the maps for HMU filming, the joke is youre trying to play ai maps

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 4/2/17 - We're finally back Apr 4, 2017 11:22 AM (Total replies: 14)

thanks moms

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 4/2/17 - We're finally back Apr 2, 2017 07:08 PM (Total replies: 14)

Watch now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLPCJJK-EM

Download now:
http://haloce3.com/ce/?post_date=06272016+04022017&sort_order=_sfm_ratings_average+desc+num

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
If enough time passes I might die before this gets released.

SIERRA 117 NAO

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/6/005/0b1/1ee/05be67f.jpg

Just release the source files and tags from Sierra 117. I think most people would be happy with that.

He said he wanted to do that tho

The issue is it's mixed with everything else. Just wait for Takedown and I'll be sure to release whatever I have for Sierra before 2017 ends

SIERRA 117 NAO

Hey thanks everyone for voting Takedown: Extermination the 2nd most anticipated project in the CE3 2016 Awards!

You may be wondering... WHERE IS IT? Wasn't [part 1] suppose to be released in December?
Yes but after beta feedback I'm going to wait until I at least have Part 2 fully playable. You gotta remember, for the most part, this is a solo project. I could use help modeling, texturing and UVing, lighting, and animating. I'm currently trying to finish up modeling the rest of the BSP which should hopefully happen soon. I've just been too busy in January and February to do anything but I should be back on track now.

Halo CE General Discussion » BlueStreak JMS Exporter 1.0.4 Mar 11, 2017 01:42 PM (Total replies: 10)

cool

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Mar 4, 2017 01:34 PM (Total replies: 89)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: dood

Gamma927 and ODX is still alive?

Lurkers.

Gamma pursued a new career, ODX is mostly silent.
I lurk every so often and occasionally make an appearance. My student version of Max 2012 ran out and, while I have other .edu accounts at my disposal, I'm not planning on reviving anytime soon. I have thought about packaging all of my animation files together and releasing them, though.

Oh, and my list:
1) k0rnman (OpenSauce)
2) Arteen (tons of cool maps which eventually turned into CMT MP maps)
3) Masterz1337 (CMT)
4) CtrlAltDest0y/Choking Victim/ShadowSpartan (Zteam, Halo 2/3 animations, etc)
5) Higuy (he's cool guy)
6) t3h_lag (CMT animator, made lots of awesome rigs and content)
7) Kirby (script god)
8) Dane (he makes cool textures, needs more grime)
9) Donut/ICEE (my Halo CE mother and father, respectively. Part of Sigma)
10) Disaster/Selentic/whoeverelseicannotthinkofatthismoment

Completely forgot about k0rnman, he definitely should get more praise here

Everyone remembers k0rnman but forgets TheFieryScythe

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Mar 4, 2017 01:59 AM (Total replies: 89)

Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
anyone but matt dratt :P

wristwatch

Halo CE General Discussion » Bypass 16 player limit Mar 3, 2017 11:58 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: negan24
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Even if you could connect dozens of extra players, I would imagine the ping would get very high and would not be a good experience for players.
yeh but the guy who is creatin said it works really well and ilhe is fixin it so it runs better.

yuh wut do u know pepsi

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
you could not mod halo

this is a sound strategy for success

thank you I like to think it's gone pretty well so far

but for srs has hosting CE3 done anything for you on the career front
do you walk into an interview and be like, 'so i made a video for this really obscure game every year for six years'

Not that directly, no. Indirectly, absolutely. I'm going into TV and Film and I learned a lot of the techniques (camera setup, rule of thirds, lower thirds, framing, editing, timing) by experience just from doing CE3 over and over. I didn't even understand some of these things when I started using them as a thing (like I use to call lower thirds "infobars" because I didn't know what they were actually called).

Time: Fri April 28, 2017 12:29 AM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website