A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: bobz7
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 03:49 AM
Interests: Gaming, Music, PC modding
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo CE, cod4, mw2, Batman AA, PoP, AC and a lot more
Were it so easy...

Post Statistics
bobz7 has contributed to 40 posts out of 469496 total posts (.01%) in 3,358 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 20, 2011 03:49 AM (Total replies: 423)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Quote: CoD is dull and repetitive, which is why I don't enjoy it. It's the same game every time.
Yeah, it's get botted, get botted, get botted, get killed, get botted, get a nade kill, gg.

Agreed... CoD sucks, I'm making sure I dont get any of the new ones. Sometimes people ask me why I don't like CoD, I tell them thats its a over rated piece of crap game with no substance or depth, the missions themselves are extremely long cinematics, with barley anything called gameplay. Multplayer is a game where you run to point A to B and hope not to get killed, and when you eventually get to B, your dead. Its the same thing over and over again, until you get a kill or killstreak. After thats over, the process happens again! *gasp innovative gameplay* . I tell them that if they want a real mans game, get Halo 1 or Battlefield.

Yeah man..really. Most of my friends are real fans of COD, they're always going "cod this, cod that..", playing cod mp almost all the time, watching and discussing about how cool that new frag movie on youtube is. They ask me why I don't play anymore, I just tell them I quit gaming or something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 19, 2011 02:53 AM (Total replies: 423)

Quote: --- Original message by: bigfoot343
Everyone complaining about the MC model, it's a placeholder and 343 said they were going to change it. However there will always be those who totally ignore this post and will continue complaining about the model. Also, those who continually bash Reach opinions are opinions I personally enjoy Reach's multiplayer more than any other Halo game and think that the campaign was awesome, however it couldn't compete with the trilogy's campaigns. Reach does beat most other shooters out now. I'd prefer Reach to CoD, Battlefield, and any other shooter out there. I think 343 will do fine with Halo and won't mess too much up the only thing I've seen them do that has really bothered me has been MC's armor in Halo 4. Rage post done.

Agreed. I certainly hope they tread carefully with Halo 4.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 19, 2011 02:49 AM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Yes, but the vast majority of the novels came before Reach, and Reach was the one that eff'd up the storyline...I guess I should've made that clearer >.<

Maybe the guys at Bungie thought "hey, we make the games, they write novels on OUR games! Not the other way round! We make the rules! (in this case story)" and they changed the Reach story just to prove that point.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 19, 2011 02:31 AM (Total replies: 423)

Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
the thing is it isnt really out yet
besides there was another thread providing links to some Q&A for halo ce remake they are planning to not use that model of the chief

Yes, I've seen that, they said it wasn't final, but I doubt they'll overhaul the whole thing in 5 months. Honestly, I would have been happier if they used that Mark V permu from Halo 3. It looks much better.

Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
they need new physics and animations ...

True. Right there with ya

Quote:
Quote: --- Original message by: bobz7
It would've been better if they'd just used cmt's armor from spv2

That photo link you posted is broken, but what I said was sarcasm..just in case you didn't know.
Edited by bobz7 on Jun 19, 2011 at 02:32 AM
Edited by bobz7 on Jun 19, 2011 at 02:40 AM
Edited by bobz7 on Jun 19, 2011 at 02:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 18, 2011 02:44 PM (Total replies: 423)

Another thing is, they could have tweaked the animations a bit to suit the current generation of games. I mean, it would look just downright ugly (on Reach's engine) when a character goes into the standing position when tossing a grenade while running. Also, MC's left arm in the "this is now" (showing that ugly MC model for that particular scene was a bad idea in the first place IMO. They should have shown the much better looking landscape\scenery instead) moment of the trailer looks overtly (for the lack of a better word) "deformed" or twisted, awkward, whatever. They could have at least fixed that before making a trailer.

Edited by bobz7 on Jun 18, 2011 at 02:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 18, 2011 12:31 PM (Total replies: 423)

You know, when they said they were going to make a Halo CE HD remake, I imagined MC's "HD" armor to be something like this

But the one in the trailer actually looks worse than the original one. It would've been better if they'd just used cmt's armor from spv2 :\ or even one of those numerous Reach armor variants with a Mark V'ish helmet (since they're using Reach's assets anyway). This actually makes me wonder how well 343i actually is at original character designs. Heck, they should hire Marcus Lehto for all Halo projects!
Edited by bobz7 on Jun 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE HD remake coming this fall? Feb 6, 2011 03:01 AM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST72
im pretty sure if they port it for pc it will be butchered like halo 2 vista and we have to get game tags and stuff that windows vista and 7 can handle

I think they mentioned it would be based on a different engine, not even Reach. So I guess, even if it does come to PC eventually, the tagging and stuff would be a whole new ball game. Provided that an SDK comes out in the first place.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo reach elite wip... Feb 6, 2011 02:56 AM (Total replies: 118)

OMG...just when I thought I'd learned about good rendering... *drool*

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE HD remake coming this fall? Feb 5, 2011 11:02 AM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: spartan314
not even all of microsoft was into Halo 2 being ported into pc. if they had all put some effort into it, it could've been a better game. so basically, they were preparing they're own failure. (sorta, not really.) But you know, dreams can come true. 45% of the time

This.

The failure of Halo 2 PC was MS's own fault really. Had they put some more effort into it, it probably would've turned out to be a better port. Heck, they should've just asked Gearbox to do it :\
Edited by bobz7 on Feb 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello halomaps Jan 25, 2011 01:52 PM (Total replies: 87)

Maybe I should have made a "Hello" thread too...nobody welcomed me

Halo CE General Discussion » [Idea] Covenant based SP maps Jan 23, 2011 08:35 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quite an interesting concept. Should be fun to play (provided it gets to that stage) something non-UNSC for a change. The first idea of the Covenant recruiting new races is cool too. But playing as a grunt (fighting elites and the likes) would feel a little..um..shall we say "underpowered" (is that even a word?)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Elaborate? Ah, ok.

Rather than, "Brutes show up and you kill them," maybe have them fly in via dropship shortly after you clear the UNSC outpost. They're all chill and your guys are like, "Whatevs," and then the Brutes go all "EXECUTE ORDER 66!!!1!!eleven!!" and they try to attack you. THEN you kill 'em and try to escape by dropship.

So you and your L337 buddies are moving down the street. The worst of the fighting has moved towards the outer edge of the city, so everyone is cool at the moment. Your squad is clearing out the last of the remaining UNSC forces in order to make way for Covenant reinforcements, and upon locating one of the last few outposts, your team quickly dispatches the survivors. Cue the Brutes, flying in via dropship. The CO steps out, talks to your commander for a moment, everything is fine. Until he berserks, screaming something before caving in the commander's skull. Then comes the chaotic firefight, where the player has to take the surviving elites further into the city in order to secure a transport (a heavily guarded dropship). You begin your journey, fighting off Brute search teams and pockets of remaining human resistance, until arriving at the ship, eliminating the guards, and loading up to make your escape.

Assuming that most of those bits will be cutscenes, wouldn't it be a tad "technically challenging" to make accurate representations of the said scenes in-game, given how making cutscenes is a rather daunting task in general. Ofc, the guys who made Lumoria, made some fairly decent cutscenes, so I guess its not impossible.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1 next gen remake Dec 14, 2010 01:53 PM (Total replies: 103)

Doesn't necessarily have to be Elites or any other Covenant for that matter. They could introduce a new enemy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1 next gen remake Dec 14, 2010 04:19 AM (Total replies: 103)

Oh well, remake or no remake, lets just hope they make Halo 4 soon and it comes to the PC. Of course, it better be good.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1 next gen remake Dec 11, 2010 10:57 AM (Total replies: 103)

I sure hope its a fake. The name sounds cheesy, and it looks just too obvious. I mean, with the name and 343 Industries written there so clearly...
Not to mention in the second photo it looks like a Nintendo game and that pillar looks atrocious.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1 next gen remake Dec 11, 2010 04:35 AM (Total replies: 103)

Well, I found something in a forum.

Supposed to be some sort of leaked photos of a new game from 343 Studios called "Halo Nemesis". Looks pretty fake IMO. Copy paste from a social networking site -

More--

- Halo Nemesis is not the real Halo 4
- remake rumors are true: Nemesis is a mix between remake of halo:ce and events in johns past (flashbacks)
- the actual build was shown in germany at closed doors
- nemesis will be released on xblm in mid 11
- you will play john-117 (masterchief)
- you can switch into 3rd person mode (just like in bungies theatre mode)
- acutal demo contains three level, one of them is an unfinished version of silent cartographer
- in the acutal demo youre always wearing an old armor from johns past
- did a developer ever stated leaks as true?

Go!!

Halo CE General Discussion » Conceptual armor sets Dec 10, 2010 12:45 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Dude. I love the black one in the middle.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extactor Dec 6, 2010 05:17 AM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: rub3n
No I want to make the terrain dark not just the sky u could have night sky but will still be daytime terrain

You should've started a new thread. But anyway, if you want a night time (darkish) terrain with a daytime sky, maybe you should radiosity the bsp with a daytime sky first, save it, then change the sky to a night time one in guerilla (or vice versa). I'm no expert but I remember doing something like that long back.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 5, 2010 01:02 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Oh nice release it please. Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you make a low poly model from a hi-poly one? Do you do some sort of "downscaling" to the original one or do you make it from scratch?

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 5, 2010 12:33 PM (Total replies: 14974)

^^It'd be really cool to have that in-game. Please do consider making a low poly version :)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extactor Dec 5, 2010 12:30 PM (Total replies: 17)

Not the BSP, just the bitmaps. It lets you extract compiled bitmaps into different file formats like TGA, JPG, TIFF, etc.

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 12:44 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website