A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Scorpwanna
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 14, 2018 01:17 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Scorpwanna has contributed to 11 posts out of 467804 total posts (0.00%) in 2,989 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Sweet! Someone replied to the thread and now I can reply again. I don't know where the "Edit" function is for a previous post that it mentions, and it won't allow me to post under myself.

Anyway, yeah I found out that I had to save the bsp in sapien so that it would show the detail_object_collection. One of the problems with them that I've noticed is that they tend to bleed into one another. I can sit one in a spot and then one in another, if getting behind one of them and facing the other, it will show the other through it. But, for one of them, they appear ok. It's really weird. Here's some example images:

From barrel 2 to barrel 1 (the bleeding)

From barrel 1 to barrel 2 (seems ok)

I looked up the tutorial for detail_objects and when I try in sapien nothing shows up.

Halo CE General Discussion » My Map Showcase throughout the years. Nov 30, 2018 04:41 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
any particular reason you don't wanna release them? Some of these look like they'd be fun maps

Other than the fact that most of them have so many errors and are unfinished, the betrayal from a user years ago when they posted one of my unfinished maps on this site. I had asked that it be taken down but was refused. The map (S-word)hole that I was working on years ago, I had needed help with creating my first device_machine door. A user told me they would help me if I sent them the scenario tags and other map files. They did just that, they helped me get the door working and my tricycle's bell and laugh work. But what I didn't know, was that they uploaded my map on this site without asking or even acknowledging that it was by me. That didn't sit well with me so I went dormant and gave up on that map. Only making maps for a small group and a machinima project that never took off.

That's what this showcase is basically about, just to check and see if there is still an interest in any of these.

Halo CE General Discussion » My Map Showcase throughout the years. Nov 29, 2018 01:54 AM (Total replies: 4)

This is a list of Maps I've been developing throughout the years. Most if not all will never be released to the public but I thought I'd go ahead and show them off. Images taken from within Sapien so most lighting effects aren't shown.

DM_Kitchen (Not my design but merely a recreation of one of the most fun maps I ever played on Unreal Tournament 99/2k. The idea is that you are as tall as a mouse...)

(S-Word)HOLE (One of the first maps I had planned on sharing online until someone that helped me with a device_machine tag and scenario posted it without my knowledge at the time. It's the SAW bathroom and house from the first 2 movies. Sorry for the name of it, but that's just what it's called... I'm not trying to bypass the filter either.)

STADIUM (An idea for a sports setting, so many ideas to incorporate into this one but things happen.)

DOWNTOWN (I had imagined this one having a back-story of it being a chunk of the Earth flying through space after a Post-Apocalyptic event. Alas bsp errors/crashes I couldn't correct frustrated me and I stopped work on it. That and Halo told me I couldn't make anymore buildings. So Pizza Hut never made the cut. I had imagined creating a release video for this map to the tune of the song by Petula Clark called Downtown.)

ABYDOS (If you'd ever watched Stargate the movie or Stargate SG-1 you know what this is. Initially created for use with a machinima project that never happened.)

SGCTEST (Again, Stargate, part of machinima etc...)

DOOMe1m1 (The beginning of a possible first release, I'd make a Youtube video of it's progress but they are Anal about audio.)

There are others hovering on my hard drive... hrm....

I'm making Doom E1 M1 (Hangar) map for multiplayer and I'd like to have some classic doom scenery. For those who don't know, it's basically a texture that always faces the player (faking a 3D effect, more like a 2.5D). I've tried using a particle effect with not so good results. Any ideas or if it's even possible?

Halo CE General Discussion » Someone has claimed ownership of my map! Mar 31, 2013 10:30 PM (Total replies: 27)

Edited by Scorpwanna on Mar 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Someone has claimed ownership of my map! Mar 31, 2013 09:33 PM (Total replies: 27)

Sarcasm noted. Sorry to even bother bringing it to anyone's attention.

Halo CE General Discussion » Someone has claimed ownership of my map! Mar 31, 2013 08:51 PM (Total replies: 27)

I'm highly pissed off right now. I was randomly just browsing around and found that my map "s h i t hole" (spaced out due to the profanity thing) which I shared with a person years ago is on here for download and it says the author is some guy named Infamouslink. There doesn't seem to be any credit given to me since I made the map... If there is any doubt that this map was created by me I can show the actual 3DS Max map file with all my objects textures etc...

This is why I won't release the SGC Map everyone has been bugging me about!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » JMS Exporter needed for 3dsmax 10 Oct 11, 2010 11:51 PM (Total replies: 5)

Which version of Max 2011 do you have? 32bit or 64bit? Does the JMS exporter export the polygons that you have smooth? And do they show up as smooth faces in the map?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » JMS Exporter needed for 3dsmax 10 Oct 11, 2010 01:10 PM (Total replies: 5)

Is it the same JMS exporter i've been using? TheGhost JMS_Exporter_v1-0-3? If it is, that's the one that isn't working right. IE: faces flipped, and faces not smooth that I have smooth in 3dsmax.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » JMS Exporter needed for 3dsmax 10 Oct 11, 2010 02:40 AM (Total replies: 5)

I've recently gotten back into the map building scene. Got a problem. I have 3dsmax 10 on a Windows 7 64bit system. TheGhost's 1.0.3 JMS exporter does export the map but it removes my smoothing and flips faces. When I mapped years ago I remember using that Blitzkreig or however it's spelled. I can't seem to find anything about it working for 3dsmax10. I would use a previous version that I have of 3dsmax but it won't install on Windows 7 64bit.

Has anyone been able to install Blitzkrieg JMS exporter plugin correctly for 3dsmax 10? Does anyone know of something that would work. TheGhost's version again, does at least work, but not fully for my needs.

Time: Sun December 16, 2018 1:50 PM 516 ms.
A Halo Maps Website