A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DA_Ender
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 15, 2016 06:56 PM
Occupation: http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/8693/baconlolos6.jpg
Interests: xfire: guardianender
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, COD, CS:S, EvE: Online
(ĐÄ)€ŃĐËR †h€ GËŃŘÇĎĐDĘ
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DA_Ender has contributed to 182 posts out of 469280 total posts (.04%) in 3,223 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Oct 15, 2016 06:56 PM (Total replies: 424)

Hey guys! I had to take some time off as I was traveling with my band, but I'm back at the computer and starting to look at fixing these bugs and condensing my poorly organized tagset to try to remove some redundant references. This is a major undertaking as you can imagine, there were definitely numerous instances.

Altis, I can't thank you enough for the walk-through on the bug fixes. I am still struggling with the warthog bouncing around like a mad man after it respawns, I was wondering if you would be willing to take a look at my script sometime?

Thanks to all for your continued support and I continue to try to make the map more enjoyable and play more smoothly.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 28, 2016 04:30 PM (Total replies: 424)

Thanks everyone for all the helpful notes! I had no one to beta with and it made it difficult to catch everything that came through. Some things mentioned above I had known about and don't know how to fix.

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Loaded it up for a quick runaround (mostly to look at the vehicles and weapons). A few things that stood out:
•Inconsistent tagset. I'm not really a "muh graphix!" type, nor am I an "all classics all the time" individual, but I do think that whichever route you choose to take, you should stick with it. Sabre and Falcon go together aesthetically, Vesper and Spectre kinda go together aesthetically, but Vesper and Reach's Seraph, not so much. Considering most of your vehicles seem to be from Reach, if it were up to me, I'd probably try to swap out as much of the H1/H2-quality stuff as I could and replace them with H3+ counterparts (or something visually equivalent).

•The small arms arsenal seems very limited. I get that it's supposed to be a vehicle-heavy map, but I feel like each team should have access to more than three guns. The arsenal doesn't necessarily have to be as excessive as Extinction's, but it's good to have options.

I am at the limit of map size allowed by the game. Any map build I made with a filesize higher than 380MB the map file is grayed out in the list when you try to load it up. This restricted me from using dreamweb as originally intended. The same goes for other content. I had to cut some of the higher quality content to get around this :(

From what I could find, the UNSC had a suppressed M6D, a suppressed SMG, a suppressed sniper rifle. Too many suppressors. When you consider the scale of the map, they're not really necessary; nobody's going to hear you rattling off a few piddly submachine gun rounds while they're cruising at 750m.

The weapons are only suppressed because I think suppressed weapons look cool.

Given the scale of the map, I think you should be looking at heavier weaponry: instead of submachine gun, full-fledged assault rifle. Beef that sucker up. Swap the flashlight out with a grenade launcher. People are going to be facing down tanks, dropships, and exoatmospheric fighterbombers after all. A man-portable LMG (like the one from Halo 2 and SPV2) for ad hoc air defense. Rocket launchers. Shotguns loaded with armor-piercing flechettes or frag rounds. Battle rifles or DMRs, to give people more options at range.

I don't have any weapons that are aesthetically up to date in my tagset that meet this description. While I used to be well-versed in creating custom content, my attempts to create collision models for the scenery in the map led to yelling at 3ds max as bluestreak crashes every time I try to export something. So I used weapon tagset from Zteam and CMT and others who donated as they are with just modifications to the tags. I tried to remove the "halo 3" helmet overlay but I kept creating an exception when I started messing with that.

There was also the gauss rifle. Gauss rifle is gusta.

The Covie arsenal had similar issues to the UNSC's, and most of their weapons seemed to be scatterguns. A modified Brute Shot could be worth looking into. Plasma Repeaters, a heavier Needler variant, Covie Carbines, etc.
Plasma pistol's first-person and third-person models don't match. Plasma rifle has some weird color stuff going on, especially when you charge it.

Good to know I didn't even realize.

•Some HUD elements seemed kinda squashed.

also stretched at widescreen. Who knows anything about this that could assist me? I have no idea

•The ships in the sky, while cool to look at, don't seem to have a collision. Which means someone can fly up in there, hover, and rain death from behind what is essentially one-way glass.

Believe me nothing in a map bothers me more than things without collision. I HATE it and think its the lamest thing ever. I can't create anything in 3ds max due to crashing when I export anything and these tags were donated to me with no collision models (WTF) I asked a few of my friends if they could make quick collision models for me but everybody is pretty busy and didn't have time.

•Sp'laser Pelican has no visible armaments.

Nick has developed an armed pelican for me and it will be added soon :)

•It's kinda weird to have an orbital defense platform just hanging out in-atmosphere, but admittedly, it looks like it'd be loads of fun to capture and try to hold.

the physics certainly cause some head-scratching, but makes for some excellent gameplay. I had it up near the top of the map's skybox but it makes just as little sense up there as its still in atmosphere, and I want players to interact easily there as well as be able to snipe.

•Ground vehicles seem a bit limited compared to the variety of aircraft.

•There seems to be a lot going on, groundwise, which is good. There are structures and stuff down there, instead of just an empty canyon with a tent off to the side.

Quote: --- Original message by: BipolarAurora

<a href="https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Brp_O4cV6UA/maxresdefault.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Brp_O4cV6UA/maxresdefault.jpg</a>
Edited by BipolarAurora on Aug 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM

I noticed this already. I have no idea why the script respawn only effects THIS ONE warthog and no other vehicles. After that hog respawns it does that continuously and if you manage to get in it and you get out again it instantly disappears. Anyone know whats up with that?

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

• Getting inside half of the vehicles crashes the game for people who use different sound dlls;

• What causes this and how can I fix it?

• HUD is inconsistent, a mix of spv3, Halo 3 and Halo 1 huds. You should stick with one;

• Need help with this as I did notice

• You can't throw grenades with the pistol;

• This has now been fixed, thanks dude :)

• Projectiles and sounds disappear when I played alone, online it would be even worse. You should consider optimizing some things, like removing dynamic lights from projectiles;

• I did notice this but wasn't sure why they do this. Also some of the decals that appear when covenant weapons strike a surface are the wrong colour and I need help with this

• Getting out of some vehicles damages the player;

• One of many vehicle glitches I'm not sure how to fix

• Flipping over some vehicles is nearly impossible because they keep rolling;

• Lol halo 1 physics. Is there something a guy can do to help with this?

• Some vehicles have health huds

• I knew of this, how do you remove them?

• Most aircraft gets stuck in the BSP very easily

• Lol halo 1 physics. Is there something a guy can do to help with this?

• Some fog would be nice

• Fog made alot of my scenery objects render white

• Remove nuke from Longsword. It's the most annoying thing;

• I agree. What to replace it with?

• Tank is very slow and driver cannot look up to shoot at enemy aircraft;

• I was using a different tank that was way heavier armed, but it was ugly compared to that gorgeous tank that I used. Should I beef up the speed? Seemed unrealistic. As for aiming again that is something I need help with

• Reticles are stretched with widescreen scaling;

• HOW TO FIX?? I HATE THIS! :( :(

• You are using old Falcon tags, you should get newer ones from Bigass tagset release;

• Cool man! Will do!

• Warthog passenger seat camera is on the ground;

• Didn't realize, this is the warthog from bigass? How to fix?

• Ghost constantly shows reloading HUD;

• Didn't realize, how does one fix?

Thank you everyone for taking the time to play and review my map it means the world to me. I would really like to fix each one of these things and brings this map's quality up considerably. Which is why I released the beta, I don't want to maps quality to suffer due to a release date I couldn't realistically meet. Anyone who would wish to help me send me a private message with your contact info, assistance would be very appreciated and with some of the issues, the only way they will be fixed, as I'm still relearning how to do some things (I didn't work on a map for 4 years)
Thanks for all your continued support.
Edited by DA_Ender on Aug 28, 2016 at 08:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 27, 2016 11:46 PM (Total replies: 424)

Public beta release on Extinction's 10 year anniversary! Contamination, the first installment of the Trinity Map Pack.

Post bugs/fixes/glitches/suggestions/criticism here!

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv2f2nyvxup62cl/contamination_publicbeta.rar?dl=0

Halo CE General Discussion » 10 years Aug 27, 2016 09:43 PM (Total replies: 10)

Happy birthday Extinction! Hard to believe ten years have passed..

Edited by DA_Ender on Aug 27, 2016 at 09:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Aug 17, 2016 12:24 AM (Total replies: 395)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark

And even that can be solved by editing permissions.
Exactly. Just change the permissions on the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition to allow "USERS" full control and all the development tools will run just fine.

(If you are using a 32 bit OS then the folder is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition)

This^ I didn't know that for the longest time and made for lots of frustration. Great advice to know.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 17, 2016 12:20 AM (Total replies: 424)

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Not a fan of those cliffs to be honest, could you add a bit more variation both in the texture and the actual mesh?

Agreed.
Although the style kinda reminds me of the extinction days. Has a nostalgia feel to it.

Not sure if that's the *good* kind of nostalgia, though ._.

Dudes honestly I'm not much of a terrain modeler and it's 10 days from release. It's a little late for bsp modifications.

But that aside, these are the same bsp's I modeled just after Extinction's release and I have no intention of changing them. That is what is so magical about them to me. They were made 10 years ago. I am much better with 3ds max now then I was all those years ago, but I want them to be the originals as they were in 2006. The cliff shader I updated from much older bitmaps to Altis' super HD bitmaps but they had to use existing UVW maps. So I had to make the shader work with it, as is, using updated bitmaps. Alot of guess and test for me. But that was about as good as I could make it look without alot more work. If someone who is good with shaders has advice, please feel free to share!
Edited by DA_Ender on Aug 17, 2016 at 12:21 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 14, 2016 11:05 PM (Total replies: 424)

We're in Beta 0.8 now, nearing release candidate build.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Aug 13, 2016 08:40 PM (Total replies: 395)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Is this going to be the SPv3 show again this year?
Last year you lads already chose the wrong project to highlight. But perhaps this year there really just may not be anything better.

We only accepted SPV3 this year. There aren't any other projects!

The year of the multi-player.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Aug 12, 2016 12:21 AM (Total replies: 395)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
"The Year of Multiplayer"

MP is already 22 minutes and I'm only about 2/3s done. Some of the longest MP (2013/2015) were about 18 minutes.

Very excited! Thanks to all involved in this production!

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Aug 6, 2016 03:36 AM (Total replies: 395)

^Me getting the Trinity map betas together for CE3

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 6, 2016 02:11 AM (Total replies: 424)

I was under the impression that this project had been lost to time. It's great to see that you've managed to stick with it for all these years; Your efforts to modernize the icons of CE's golden age are commendable.

Thank you dude, it hasn't been easy and I had lost hope many times. This community meant so much to me growing up and it shaped who I am today. When I came back after years of being away I seen things I would have thought impossible in 2006-2010. I was so excited to apply all the new discoveries and amazing tagsets that have been developed over the years to the unfinished projects that had haunted my dreams for years. It gives the nostalgic feeling while giving everything a facelift to today's standards. The way we always imagined in CE's hayday but was never possible. The yearning to complete the three maps would eat me alive sometimes especially when there was nothing I could do to advance it or even view the files. With some help from today's community, that dream of releasing these maps is soon to come true and for all the veterans and supporters and those who's shoulders we stand on today (my friends Jahrain, Lightning, Teh_lag, Firedragon04, Tiamat, TheGhost, Kornman and sooooo many others) that laid the foundation for us to get here I will never give up on this game and community! I have a few ideas still up my sleeve after my Trinity release.
Edited by DA_Ender on Aug 6, 2016 at 02:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 5, 2016 10:10 PM (Total replies: 424)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
We need a documentary about him!

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can I find you? Aug 5, 2016 09:55 PM (Total replies: 91)

Instagram: @Rylan_followthesorrow
Twitter: @Rylan_Schauer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rylan.schauer.3
Twitter: @EnderTrinity
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4p5d6iAt9Qx6p28iUsW2w

You can also add my metal band:
Instagram: @FollowTheSorrow
Twitter: @FollowTheSorrow
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Follow-The-Sorrow-159486737586335/?pnref=lhc
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa4riH3O0tamxnFHvw0-8LA

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 3, 2016 12:56 AM (Total replies: 424)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Did he really need 6 years to finish this map pack? xD

Are you actually too stupid to see that this hasn't been worked on for 6 years straight?

yeh

Lol it actually took 10 years

Life, School, work, traveling with my metal band, moves, children, breakups, living out of boxes and I have been through 4 computers over the stage of the map pack. Every time nearly ending in deletion and permanent loss of the source data and tags. Only because I am extremely obsessed with having 10 backups on 5 different hard drives have these maps even survived this long.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 1, 2016 01:37 AM (Total replies: 424)

We are nearing release date my friends and the Trinity maps are nearing completion.

Who's excited for this? I know I am

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Feb 5, 2016 06:34 AM (Total replies: 424)

Well, I have nothing but good news about the Trinity maps! I have finished renovating all of my shaders for the bsps. New bitmaps and bump maps go a long ways in terms of breathing new life into my terrain models. Some amazing new scenery makes for some fantastic eye candy in the background.

The vehicle tagset has been overhauled with additions of some of the amazing updated Halo Reach vehicle tags. The remaining custom vehicles of mine had some shader work and weapon balancing done. The Scarab's weapons have had considerable balancing attention and I have done quite a bit of work to the physics and shaders. Damage application is more sensible, and the volume of it's walking noise turned down (God that would get annoying!) I have developed a ctrl-button cloaking Halo 3 Anti-Air wraith that can also boost with the space bar, similar to the poorly functioning one I made for the map Downflow. Also included is the Scorpion and the Halo Reach missile Warthogs seen in the map bigass. There is a new Mythos in development but at this time is not included in the beta builds I have currently running. Thanks again to everyone for your tag donations, suggestions and assistance.

As for the weapons; ZTeam, CMT, and Dreamweb with some custom black and blue color scheme shaders of my own replace most of the loadouts with a couple of my own custom weapons included and the Gauss Sniper rifle. The Gauss Rifle was the perfect addition to the map to do away with the god-awful sniper balance found in Extinction as the rifle does have a weakness.

The Biped is the CMT Evolved and I gotta say its fricken sexy. UI is thanks to ZTeam and CMT. Most of the particle effects have been updated a bit and the maps are starting to feel a little less original Xbox! =)

So Contamination and Paradox are on beta build 0.3 and play on all gametypes quite smoothly, with only minor polishing remaining and a few more content additions that aren't quite finished, where as Xenocide is still being populated fully and is still in alpha build stages. All the maps are stable and will be around 350-380 MB .map files and will not require open sauce. This is just to keep my playerbase audience as large as possible and not exclude anyone who does not have OS. I will be putting together a new video in the coming weeks to showcase the new content and changes, as well as the fun elements of the updated, more balanced gameplay that still captures the fun of Extinction. I'm excited to see the maps coming together and can't wait to get them in your hands! =)

Halo CE General Discussion » OS .map builds beyond 128mb Jan 10, 2016 05:02 AM (Total replies: 22)

I am experiencing an issue when building .map files that are over 382MB the map isn't able to be selected from the list ingame when hosting. Has nothing to do with which tool I compile with. Any of my builds under 382MB show up in the list and I found this quite strange. Also any of the .map files I build cannot be loaded or server joined without removing the os .dll as Bungie LLC said above. Any help with this would be awesome, but it isn't a huge problem, as normal clients can load the map with no issue if I keep it under 382 and most people that have os know how to remove the .dll to disable it so they can play the map. Thanks guys =)

Halo CE General Discussion » The Future of the Trinity Map Pack Jan 2, 2016 07:26 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: DA_Ender
I was thinking a Battle Rifle with a powerful grenade launcher, a Silenced Assault Rifle which I've already completed, a silenced pistol which is completed too but using the old skin on a slightly modified model, and a silenced SMG

Battle rifle with grenade launcher could work, but I'm not sure what the best way of mounting it would be. With the assault rifle, it'd be a simple matter of editing the skin to replace the flashlight lens with a muzzle (because superposed, electronically-ignited ammo is a thing, so if you wanted it to be reloadable you could just have rounds/preloaded tubes dropped into the muzzle)

Since Extinction is a very large map, I don't think there's much (if any) need for suppressors, especially when the sound of gunfire doesn't seem to carry very far in CE anyway. The extreme ranges involved also make me question the usefulness of the submachine gun, and as far as the magnum is concerned, a carbine variant like the M6J would probably be the most appropriate.

You're right, the reason I want to keep a stealthy theme is just cause its simply really, really cool. I have been working for hours and run into issues with the old pc. So I'm attempting to transfer everything over to my newer machine and get things underway as the tagset comes together. Basically the weapons other than snipers and anti-aircraft weapons are simply for slayer free for all where spawn points will drop you right beside enemies and and when you infiltrate the flag areas there is closer range chaotic combat that has been quite fun. Hopefully now the switchover will go smoothly and I can put together some images to show you the work in progress.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Future of the Trinity Map Pack Jan 2, 2016 10:56 AM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: AlissArcana
•Someone (ImBrokeRU, I think) released a nice gauss rifle a while back. That would fit the theme of heavy, man-portable, long-range anti-armor weapons. The Spartan Laser could fall into this category, as well.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 2, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Yeah, ImBrokuRU made the Gauss Rifle (I miss him ;-;). I was the one who put it together for Halomaps when no one else wanted to. So yeah, I don't care what anyone says about it being overused. It's special to me.

Yes! This is beautiful rifle and its exactly what I'm talkin about =). I was thinking a Battle Rifle with a powerful grenade launcher, a Silenced Assault Rifle which I've already completed, a silenced pistol which is completed too but using the old skin on a slightly modified model, and a silenced SMG (Have several variants of this already but all low resolution textures and they are ancient tags) Need a good looking rocket launcher still as well, and a newer better looking Spartan Laser as the one Jayden and I ported back in the day while for its time was good doesn't compare to the ones today. The covenant weapon is going to be much better if I can find some of the new weapons the later games came up with. If possible I was gonna try to find someone who might be able to put together a reskin of the sniper we used in Coldsnap, as it has a special place in my heart and I'd like to revisit it. For the Covenant loadout, Fuel Rod Guns with fast moving, long range homing projectiles with high damage, low splash damage. The needle beam rifle will return but I need a pretty looking one, and hopefully I can find some of the Reach covenant weapons as they would be great to have. I also need to update all my particles and whatnot as people have made effects look fantastic these days.

Suggestions?

Here is a quick look at my BSP for Xenocide. Everyone will be happy to hear that today I was able to begin work on the scenario as the glitch in the bsp that was haunting my previous builds has been solved!

Edited by DA_Ender on Jan 2, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Future of the Trinity Map Pack Jan 2, 2016 10:23 AM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: DA_Ender
I'm looking for suggestions for vehicles and weapons

My favorite part of the development process. :0

Off the top of my head:
•The LAAG Warthog was fairly impotent, given the ranges involved. I would suggest beefing it up a bit, replacing the .50 caliber (12.7mm) rotary gun with an autocannon (something in the neighborhood of 20-25mm).
•There are Sparrowhawks, now. These could be suitable replacements for the Skyhawk jets.
•I don't think any have been made available, but if possible, a Rhino tank could be a good replacement for the Scorpion.
•Someone (ImBrokeRU, I think) released a nice gauss rifle a while back. That would fit the theme of heavy, man-portable, long-range anti-armor weapons. The Spartan Laser could fall into this category, as well.
•The assault rifle could be modified, replacing the ammo counter with an electronic scope display and replacing the flashlight with an integral light grenade launcher. This would offer some incentive for people to use it over the various marksman weapons.
•The flatbed Warthogs in the original Extinction were neat, but there wasn't much incentive to use them. Perhaps they could be replaced by troop transport Warthogs.
•A man-portable light machine gun could give infantry a means of ad hoc air defense.
•If Longswords make a return, perhaps the nuclear payload could be replaced by carpet bombing functionality.
•Covenant aerial assets could be supplemented by Banshees (with appropriate modifications to performance), with the Banshees serving as counterparts to the UNSC's fighter and the Seraph functioning as the Covenant's Longsword equivalent.

Will post more suggestions when I get a chance.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 2, 2016 at 10:16 AM

I'm going to try to stray away from taking on new custom content projects. I was more thinking along the lines of completed tags and maps with newer better looking content I can improve on and customize for the Trinity tagset =) WWLinkMasterX, Spiral, and MEGASEAN2812 have given me a great starting point and I was thinking more along these lines. =)

Time: Sun August 18, 2019 4:26 PM 688 ms.
A Halo Maps Website