A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Xoronatus
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 08:25 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play:
Taking a break

Post Statistics
Xoronatus has contributed to 1106 posts out of 464584 total posts (.24%) in 2,540 days (.44 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Putting AI in GraveYard Map Aug 19, 2013 08:25 PM (Total replies: 12)

Download the d40 tags from http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1399 and follow this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv74edaMlB8 but use flood actor_variant tags instead of those ones

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Couple of questions Aug 18, 2013 03:43 PM (Total replies: 6)

1. I think when you model a window it is just a double-sided plane and you name its material in max glass#- I found that here

2. Medals appear to have been done already, at least in multiplayer

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Player Possess Biped/AI without cheats Jun 13, 2013 10:49 PM (Total replies: 1)

Is it possible to make the player take possession of a biped or AI using scripts? (without cheat_bump_possession 1)

I saw this video that says you can get it free and is according to the guy in the video; legal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D26Qf9Ngy-I
Edited by Xoronatus on May 19, 2013 at 02:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 General Discussion Jun 4, 2012 08:24 PM (Total replies: 145)

Really impressed, I like the environments, the enemies are interesting and challenging. The weapons look right, they seem to have their own unique style. I'm very impressed overall with the HUD, I like the cinematic feel, they implemented the way I like it. Master chief is still a boss, he looks good. I really like this game so far. Too bad there's no firefight

Halo CE General Discussion » What the hell, look what i found. May 6, 2012 12:52 AM (Total replies: 7)

Yeah, that would have been kind of neat, but kind of meh too

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » PC controls Apr 17, 2012 07:06 AM (Total replies: 0)

Am I doing something wrong? When I try to change the keyboard controls, when I click to change it gives me an error. When I click enter to change it, it gives me the same "key already in use" error before I can do anything... Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Halo CE General Discussion » Switch skies Mar 20, 2012 12:45 AM (Total replies: 4)

Ah ok. So that would make it possible to switch from the a30 sky to the swamp sky ingame. Could do some cool stuff with that ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Switch skies Mar 18, 2012 09:01 PM (Total replies: 4)

Is it possible to change the sky of a map ingame?

Over the past months I have seen an increase in players. These days you can usually pick between about 3 to 6 decently populated servers at any given time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Conveyor Belt Feb 23, 2012 11:59 PM (Total replies: 1)

So is the conveyor belt with all of the moving crates and moving players on it as well as the energy beam in Colossus possible flawlessly in Halo CE?

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick
I have a question. I've filmed my own tutorial, and I just recently recorded a tutorial on fixing open edges. It's 5 minutes and a second long, and I look at the file size. 818 MB's?!!?!? That's giant!!! is there any settings I can adjust so that the films are a bit lower quality, but still viewable & alot less size. Thanks for the help.

You could compress it in windows movie maker. just put it in and save it. or you could do the whole virtualdub xvid codec thing, but wmm is easier.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » H2V Trick Jumps Feb 14, 2012 11:06 PM (Total replies: 2)

aw well that sucks :(

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » H2V Trick Jumps Feb 14, 2012 08:00 PM (Total replies: 2)

I remember a while ago I joined this guy's server on Lockout and he was jumping around on those pillars, I didn't shoot him and instead asked him if he was trying to do a trick jump. He said yes and asked me if they were still in there. Are there any trick jumps in H2V and have you guys attempted them yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtwt7ee5Eew#t=0m24
So that means that none of the polygons or textures including the marine AI behind the player are rendered while he is faced towards those covenant, the stuff that isn't on screen is not being rendered by his computer because it is not visible on screen. But of course the AI processes are still active, even if not physically rendered. Right?

Why do you need so many planes, couldn't you just make a big box that encloses your map and call it a +portal and that's it?

So when I make this grid box, that means that everything enclosed in all of those little overlapping planes is rendered, while everything else isn't such as all of that stuff in the black circles?

Because that river and that tree as well as the grass on the left side of Tutorial map are outside of the portal grid, none of those will be visible despite the polygons having been modeled and there will be an invisible wall that won't let you walk over there right?

Try disabling the desktop resolution by right clicking on the icon and going to the compatibility tab.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Packs in CE Portable Feb 5, 2012 08:47 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
So to answer your question, yes. I'm pretty sure there are scripts you can put in single player maps that make them transition from one to the next smoothly. It's been done in the custom Covert Ops campaign. Is that what you mean?

Yeah, just like that. Transition smoothly. Alright then I will take a look at the Covert Ops campaign scripts.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Packs in CE Portable Jan 31, 2012 08:08 PM (Total replies: 19)

yeah, no need to bet money :P
Edited by Xoronatus on Jan 31, 2012 at 08:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Packs in CE Portable Jan 30, 2012 10:18 PM (Total replies: 19)

yup

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 9:03 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website