A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nickster5000
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 16, 2017 11:23 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo CE
Sector 09 RR: 2017
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Nickster5000 has contributed to 1526 posts out of 464583 total posts (.33%) in 2,535 days (.60 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

:two-thumbs-up:

awesome tutorial man.

Halo CE General Discussion » OUT OF OBJECTS (ERROR) please help Oct 23, 2017 02:14 PM (Total replies: 3)

If you made a custom vehicle, then you screwed up somewhere down the line.

Here's two things to check for:
1) Make sure the gbxmodel, collision, and animations have the same exact node counts, and the same exact node names.
2) Check to make sure the node list checksum matches. If not, copy the ones from the animation file into the gbxmodel file.

This should at least get it to spawn ingame. I'm not sure if it'll spawn correctly, or look very ugly. If it is very ugly and things are scaled awkwardly, you're going to have to revisit your animations.

Halo CE General Discussion » Net Neutrality Oct 21, 2017 02:08 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
Let's put it this way, currently the internet works. If it's working fine at the moment, why change anything?
Money.

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial Oct 17, 2017 11:01 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Updated the tutorial. Here's the new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5mwaj1wzqdsoel/HCEScripting.pdf?dl=1

Thanks again DeadHamster for the clarifications. These have been reflected in the tutorial, and proper credits have been given.

You should update it again. If you create "data\global_scripts.hsc" it will be used for all scenarios that you compile scripts for.

If you click the link, I have added this change to the tutorial.

Thank you for pointing this out Giraffe. It seems very useful.

If anyone has any changes they think that should be made, please feel free to mention it. I am open to updating this tutorial.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Oct 23, 2017 at 03:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial Oct 12, 2017 11:39 PM (Total replies: 35)

Updated the tutorial. Here's the new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5mwaj1wzqdsoel/HCEScripting.pdf?dl=1

Thanks again DeadHamster for the clarifications. These have been reflected in the tutorial, and proper credits have been given.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Oct 23, 2017 at 03:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 22, 2017 03:08 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
SO I was reading this and suddenly my turtle fell from it's rock and ended up on its back. So I stood up and was like "turtle do you need help?" and I extended my arm but the turtle looked at me and said "Nope, everything will be fine." and got back up.

I was like "You are a very wise man turtle" and she was like "Yes." and she is a girl.

Chin chin.

I agree.

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial May 17, 2017 03:57 PM (Total replies: 35)

Of course! I'm glad that it gave you new ideas!
Edited by Nickster5000 on Oct 12, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial May 10, 2017 01:46 AM (Total replies: 35)

I do appreciate the info, and I explain the same "player" command using static. It is a terrible inconsistency that I need to address. I will add a stub section and mention what you placed in here. Thank you for your feedback!

Halo CE General Discussion » Fudd Shader Tool and JMS+ May 9, 2017 02:15 PM (Total replies: 11)

👌👌👌

This is great. I will definitely take a look at this, it will be very useful!

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial May 9, 2017 02:53 AM (Total replies: 35)

I know this is quite a bump, but I have some progress on this.

I created a 32 - page tutorial that goes into detail about the concepts of scripting. I feel like many tutorials go in depth how to do certain things: A firefight, scripting a simple syncing door, a simple AI mission, and so on.

This tutorial does not focus on one particular thing: It is an introduction into the value types, the if statements, the cond statements, and script types (startup, dormant, static, static value-producing, continuous), and it dives into how these things work. The goal with this tutorial is to expose some halo scripters into some terminology that helps you really learn how to program, and gives the tools to the modder to develop whatever they want.

Take a read, and tell me what you think: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw72kpvub9grfme/HaloScriptingTutorial.pdf?dl=1

I plan on revising it based on any errors that may pop up. I will also take requests if someone wants me to explain a certain thing (like loadouts, vectors in opensauce, etc).

Some links are missing:
Notepad++ - https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
HEK - You should have this :P
Halo Scripting Bible(s) (this is my personal favorite) - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1540

Halo CE General Discussion » Money May 8, 2017 08:59 PM (Total replies: 121)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Microsoft holds the copyright to the HEK and all Halo intellectual property regardless of who actually developed it.

I think this is where the misconception lies.

What Dennis said implies that: If you create ANYTHING Halo, whether it is a program, 3D model from scratch, a program that modifies halo, or whatever it may be (relating to Halo), Microsoft automatically owns the copyright to it.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
No results for "halo custom edition" or "halo editing kit".

These rules do not care what you find in these "legal document" databases.

I mean, by all means Sparky, you can search through this thing and make all the arguments you want... But who is realistically going to win? You, because you think you can formulate your argument based on this database... or Microsoft's dozen of lawyers (who probably make a lot of money), and have endless time to do their own research, and can prepare a case beyond your scope of comprehension?

Is it really worth your time to beat a dead horse and keep arguing about this?
Edited by Nickster5000 on May 8, 2017 at 09:04 PM
Edited by Nickster5000 on May 8, 2017 at 09:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Money May 5, 2017 10:24 PM (Total replies: 121)

Shoutout to Dennis for keeping his patience, and explaining these concepts a million times without losing his cool.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie-fying 343i tags May 4, 2017 05:16 PM (Total replies: 14)

This is probably not the answer you are looking for, but in my personal taste, I think their assets look good outside of halo context. In the context of halo, they look like trash. That being said, what I would do is completely start from scratch: design new models / tags, using bungie's art style and halo 4 as a reference (since the topic is about improving halo 4 assets), and go about it that way.

Halo CE General Discussion » A crazy idea May 4, 2017 05:00 AM (Total replies: 4)

So I was working on something, and for some reason the map keeps crashing. I take a look at the debug.txt, and see:

05.04.17 01:52:49  EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\units\units.c,#8284: (grenade_type >= 0) && (grenade_type < NUMBER_OF_UNIT_GRENADE_TYPES)

and think "Ah, it's gotta be something wrong with OS. i'll dig around in the units, and see what's wrong."

...But then I take a second look:

\halopc\haloce\source\units\units.c,#8284: (grenade_type >= 0) && (grenade_type < NUMBER_OF_UNIT_GRENADE_TYPES)

This error generated the exact location, the C file, and the line in the actual source code... which got me thinking: Is it theoretically possible to generate an error, on every single line of every single file in the source code? If it is... then there is a solution to getting access to the code.

Like the title says, it's a crazy idea, but i'm interested what the community thinks... so go ahead and post your thoughts. Thanks for taking a read folks!

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live May 4, 2017 02:31 AM (Total replies: 395)

but it's may 4th! where did it get posted?

oh btw, may the fourth be with you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map/Mod Suggestion May 4, 2017 01:09 AM (Total replies: 1)

Quote: --- Original message by: MKnance

https://youtu.be/SwiQUO4rn9M

this is it possible to make this in halo custom edition it looks like it would be fun to add this kind of gamemode in custom edition i would totally play this server 24/7 if this map was possible in halo custom edition im not saying the map might be possible but the enderman gamemode itself
Edited by MKnance on May 3, 2017 at 05:37 PM

I know hobet360 made a slender map.

A good friend of mine also did slender in multiplayer, where he'd dress up as slender and git us. Good times.

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 29, 2017 03:31 PM (Total replies: 121)

There are a lot of responses here that lack love and so I will ignore them in favor of reason.

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
Have you not considered that you may receive a better reception from members of this forum if you were not so shamelessly grandiloquent, and more to the point?

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 28, 2017 01:20 AM (Total replies: 121)

It's in one ear and out the other with you, isn't it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 25, 2017 12:04 AM (Total replies: 121)

ok sorry
Edited by Nickster5000 on Apr 25, 2017 at 12:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 5, 2017 03:38 PM (Total replies: 11429)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
New Species (Not named yet)

http://i.imgur.com/AFavr76.png

http://i.imgur.com/5NJjzXH.png

http://i.imgur.com/GsxftUc.png

please dont tell me these things are gunna grow 12348923 something feet tall, and all other species serve as "snacks" for this species.

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 5:13 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website