A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nickster5000
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 24, 2017 01:12 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo CE
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Nickster5000 has contributed to 1506 posts out of 461557 total posts (.33%) in 2,301 days (.65 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 24, 2017 01:12 AM (Total replies: 74)

What I mean is that if the project doesn't play very well, what is the point in trying to implement 60 fps?

For instance, I know that Sector 09 could have been a lot more that it is. I know that there is things that could / should be fixed, and I have a whole list of features that I wanted to implement. I also know that Sector 09 could handle the 60 fps and look amazing with a few tweaks to its model and light maps... but if I were to come back and revisit Sector 09, I would focus on fixing the smaller things and implementing the fun features to make it more fun to play. What I am getting at is that 60 fps isn't worth implementing if the thing you're building isn't fun. There are many projects that should focus on re-evaluating their game play and not trying to implement 60 fps.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 24, 2017 at 01:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 22, 2017 11:16 PM (Total replies: 74)

gameplay > 60 fps

is it worth shooting for 60 fps if it plays like $%&*?

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good ODST singleplayer maps? Mar 1, 2017 10:53 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49661

Is this a joke? He literally acknowledged the existence of the map in this post and said that he wanted a campaign-like mission instead

Nope. I didn't read the OP clearly enough and missed the mention of Sector 09. I saw him wanting an ODST map and just linked it to him. My bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good ODST singleplayer maps? Mar 1, 2017 06:24 PM (Total replies: 11)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49661

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1 Feb 15, 2017 02:44 AM (Total replies: 84)

how about fortran or pascal?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Editing Community Discord Jan 30, 2017 04:09 PM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: XeBeK
The server is for all Halo games 1-Reach with the 343 games excluded.

What a fine choice my man. We don't need that fan-fiction in there anyways ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Haloscript plugin for Notepad++ Jan 19, 2017 07:08 PM (Total replies: 8)

Sweet.

Thank you for posting this, and thank you teh lag for making it!

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Warhawk Announcement! Jan 14, 2017 04:34 PM (Total replies: 40)

i dont think i can contain my excitement!

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 13, 2017 08:18 PM (Total replies: 4973)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
How are you supposed to see out though?

carefully.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 13, 2017 04:28 AM (Total replies: 4973)

Coming Soon.

Thank you altis for the crashday cars. This wouldn't be possible without them ;)
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jan 13, 2017 at 04:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » No more RP? Dec 22, 2016 12:41 AM (Total replies: 31)

hmu. I have something up my sleeve for ya.

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial Dec 5, 2016 02:55 AM (Total replies: 22)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the bump of this very old topic, but it's relevant.

After taking C++ level 1 and getting a feel for real programming, I decided to revisit and look at the Halo Scripting Code, and all of the little details that I learned in my C++ class is emerging. It's like I have a completely different outlook on the halo scripting code.

With that being said, I think it is time for an update to this series. I am going to be making a 5-part video tutorial / notes series just like I did last time, but I plan on doing a better job explaining it, and attempt to gauge the viewer / learner / modder to the same vision that I have on this halo scripting code -- to fully understand how it works, how to take advantage of it, and make great projects using this tool. It took me 8 years to fully learn this "language" (if you will), plus a programming class to piece it together, but I hope to facilitate this process for the viewer / learner in this video series.

The reason why I bumped this thread is to ask any of you guys if there is something that seems ambiguous that I can go over in this video series. Maybe it can help you clarify a few misconceptions that you might have, and can come up with some Example ideas for me.

Here is a breakdown of how this series will look:
-Full Text read. Basically like a book, in that it covers the technical aspect behind the code.

-Part 1: Hello World
-Hand-written Notes
-Video to supplement notes.

-Part 2: Simple commands, data types
-Hand written Notes
-Video example in which creates a small 5-wave firefight project.

-Part 3: Decisions (if, cond, etc.)
-Hand Written Notes
-Video example (Not sure what to do here, will probably revisit the firefight script)

-Part 4: The Continuous Script
-Hand Written Notes
-Video Example (Not sure yet)

Part 5: static, dormant scripts
-Hand Written Notes
-Video Example (Not sure yet)

Project: Firefight
I will probably take the viewer through what it is like to create a firefight, OR: (spoiler)
-Revisiting Sector 09's script. I plan on re-writing the scripts and revising them to run cleaner, and add new gameplay features. I will probably record how the functions will work when I ultimately get them to work (and yes this implies an update for Sector 09, due no later than Jan 19th, 2017 (aka when I go back to college for the semester))

Thank you for your feedback guys!

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
placeholder vo plz (dudes sending his lines this week... so he says)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxxtFuBO-GU&feature=youtu.be

I have that issue with my custom H3 Pelican. The issue so far determined is I'm running Custom animations for the pelican. When I exit out of the bounding radius (which is set to the flag the pelican is teleported to before animation begins) it bumps me sometimes feet away or in other cases kilometers away. The only way around this so far has been to bump the bounding radius up to like 10,000 which is ridiculous (but hey it works). Anyone have any better suggestions? (and this wasnt happening on my old pelican I was using, which was also running custom animations)

I'm having a similar issue with my halo reach pelican. I tried optimizing my physics and collision model, but I still got the same issue. Any guidance / answers would be very helpful!

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I make a game engine like blam? Nov 21, 2016 07:00 PM (Total replies: 156)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
-snip-

hue memes

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce DLM Rendering Times? Nov 21, 2016 02:08 AM (Total replies: 5)

Depends on your pc's specs honestly.

I ran the DLM's for Sector 09 overnight. If I remember correctly, they were complete by the time I woke up about 8 - 9 hours later.

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Nov 16, 2016 02:08 PM (Total replies: 400)

I have a lamborghini reventon, lp640, dodge charger 1969, another BA desert buggy car, and a porsche 911 if you want them for your map Jesse. let me know if youre interested.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Worldtanks Oct 9, 2016 11:59 PM (Total replies: 10)

I think it looks interesting. Especially that broken link in the description ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 30, 2016 06:19 PM (Total replies: 424)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

• Remove nuke from Longsword. It's the most annoying thing;

Edited by altis94 on Aug 28, 2016 at 09:26 AM

Carpet Bomb. Look at RPG_Beta 6.2's Longsword for a reference / proof of concept :D

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: Now, nobody gets to play 'Halo Online.'

Source: https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/26/[...]cancelled/

Whine about it for a while but please let this be the end if it in this forum.

good riddance.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release - Firefight Sector 09! Aug 25, 2016 05:27 PM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: Aer
I really liked this one but there is a little complain I'm used to play with controller but it cant be used to select loadouts when im spawning, could add controller suport in the next version? (yeah, yeah I know controller is a no-no for fps games)

That was the plan. I just started college a week ago and work part time, so getting progress is pretty difficult. I'll release a patch soon though addressing all of the issues that everyone has found to date.

Time: Wed March 29, 2017 9:10 AM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website