A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: n00b1n8R
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 25, 2015 09:37 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Halo CE, HL2, TF2, Source mods, indie games...
Major League Trolling
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
n00b1n8R has contributed to 1231 posts out of 467751 total posts (.26%) in 4,507 days (.27 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I played it, jumped off the cliff to the lowground (apparently there's no fall damage??), jumped into the village, triggered the tree, walked to the hog, got nothing, walked down and out of the village, triggered some voice, walked back to the hog and got the m1/m2 endings. Did I sequence break it?

Hey Btcc22, just wanted to say HAC and its automated map downloading is one of the best developments in the history of this game. I really appreciate your work.
Edited by n00b1n8R on Dec 12, 2015 at 05:39 AM

I don't know why you'd even bother trying to make a game in the Paint engine, it's totally outdated and that screenshot shows it. I'd suggest starting over in the vastly superior paint.net. Here's a proof of concept I spent the afternoon making to show how what's possible with a real engine:

Edited by n00b1n8R on Dec 4, 2015 at 08:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Nov 29, 2015 07:53 AM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: PopeAK49
No. Damnation is blocky as blocks. The only curved features on damnation are the pipes. Plus I already made corridors like those, just without the extruded edges of the walls and the grate.

Woah you're right. I was sure the tunnel going from the flag area (the upper one) to where the sniper overlooks the overshield was one of those corridors. My bad.

I really do love extruded walls and grates though.
Edited by n00b1n8R on Nov 29, 2015 at 08:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Nov 28, 2015 06:58 PM (Total replies: 145)

It aint Covenant without this corridor:

Even Damnation uses it.

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Nov 27, 2015 11:44 PM (Total replies: 145)

Yeah that covenant architecture looks way off. I'd be inclined to rip geometry (corridor pieces, arena spaces, etc) from the actual T&R geometry to keep it "right". Being much more curved and less "use these angels" than Forruner makes Covenant really hard to emulate.

Halo CE General Discussion » Something interesting about a vídeo from 343i Nov 11, 2015 08:16 AM (Total replies: 53)

when is the Deck.map DLC coming out mookz???

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Oct 31, 2015 10:06 AM (Total replies: 145)

Feedback on POA map:
You can pick up the rocket launcher from the sniper area if you jump up under it. Bug or Feature?

I was really lost until I realised the map wasn't symmetrical which took like 5 minutes lol.

I hate that "door would go here" hole infront of the blue flag room (where the shotgun spawns) and down that corridor (which clearly would have a very small room on the other side based on the view out the window). Do you have the polys to put proper POA blast doors?

Having a triangle anywhere in a POW style level really bugs me (blue flag room floor).

Put a light over the blue flag. It's so dark in there and the flag is right at the back of the room that I feel it needs something to make it pop visually.

I feel like the walking space around the server box things in the blue teleporter room is just a little too narrow. Walking spaces in Halo tend to almost always be wider than that. It actually feels really strange to me when I walk around it.

The teleporter to teleporter corridor space is certainly interesting. I kind of wish there was some proper cover around the join in the V though. The teleporter and sniper hole both serve as escapes but I like having some way to duke and stay in the fight. I guess the fact that there isn't just means I should adapt haha.

I really like the red flag room as an arena, I just wish it was a little further back from the centre section of the map. I guess the main way to defend it isn't so much to stop them getting the flag as stopping them getting back out with it. It just seems much harder to defend than blue.

Feedback on Halo level:
A lightbridge without some kind of "oh snap" drop or expanse into the cavities within halo is a pretty dull lightbridge. I know there's the hole beneath it but I'd rather have one of those pretty dips in the floor with the lights in them and the flat glass over the top (you know what I mean).

The walkways seems basically impossible to cross in the face of a sniper. Not like Danger Canyon hard (which is quite hard), I mean Infinity hard (impossible).

Is there supposed to be grass texture at the base of the waterfall cliff? Moss sure, but grass on a vertical wall?

Make the non-vertical cliffs in the central area more vertical at the base so I can't get a ghost up there maybe? It always bugs me when I can get ghosts to useless places.

Given how easy it is for red to get vehicles in the tunnels, could a vehicle spawn near blue's entrance? Or failing that, could you maybe make the ramp to get from where they do spawn up onto the base a bit wider? I don't think players should have to be quite that precise to get it up that cliff in a timely manner (or maybe I'm just tired and out of practice lol).

Make the transition from where the vehicles spawn on Red off the base of that first ramp a bit less sharp? I hate banging the nose of my vehicle into the ground and bouncing before I can keep going.

Leaf collision is a nono.

Nitpicking aside, these are really cool maps. Great job.

Halo CE General Discussion » Leaked Halo 5 Music Menu Aug 10, 2015 12:59 AM (Total replies: 19)

If you kids don't think H2 had the best menu music, I can only assume you weren't old enough to play it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release Aug 7, 2015 09:46 PM (Total replies: 388)

So the falcon is always indestructible? Or are the MP and destructible version both in the map now?

By increase vehicle hit damage, does that mean players take more damage by getting run over or that players in vehicles take more damage from being shot? If it's the latter, I don't like that change at all since the vehicles seem pretty well ballanced already. The former is fine though.

What did the Gold Magnum even do? I got it once but I couldn't really tell what it was doing and it had hardly any ammo when I got it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release Jul 30, 2015 08:36 AM (Total replies: 388)

Not sure if you ever implemented this, but put some kind of damage thing around the outer bounds of the map to kill anybody who manages to get out of there, rather relying on the server having a SAPP fix.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release Jul 30, 2015 07:10 AM (Total replies: 388)

Swap the awful bikes with the bikes from Chronopolis. Even if you don't change the models and just disable the guns, it will still be better looking than the current ones.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release Jul 27, 2015 10:57 PM (Total replies: 388)

Crazy thought:
Make the tank like 30% faster and the explosive much smaller in radius(/damage?). Give the thing a reason to actually get out on the map instead of sitting there until the other team takes it to try and spawn camp from the cliffs.

Make players 10% faster.

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Jul 25, 2015 10:52 PM (Total replies: 145)

I'm looking forward to the AOTCR/2B level. One should be outside with some snow and ice, the other should be built into the cliffs and feature bridges (think Boarding Action but not awful).

Also, The Flood map. Quagmire is one of my favorite CE maps because of how well it captures the atmosphere of that level. Why aren't more maps set in the swamp environment?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Jul 23, 2015 09:07 PM (Total replies: 224)

Is there a way for a script to determine the IP of a player, determine what country they're from and assign them a specific player model based on that information? This is important.

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Jul 22, 2015 03:24 AM (Total replies: 145)

My favorite thing about these maps is that by restricting your polycount, you end up producing maps that look like they could be from the stock game. Great work.

My one nitpick would be the use of Covenant Shields on the PoA map. Human Barricades maybe?
Edited by n00b1n8R on Jul 22, 2015 at 03:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass tagset release Jul 20, 2015 08:35 AM (Total replies: 28)

I asked around in some servers today playing the old release of Bigass. I didn't find anyone who knew about the newer version of the map. Please make a new identical release of the final build but call it Bigass Final so people will actually download it

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Jul 13, 2015 07:56 PM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

Quote: --- Original message by: n00b1n8R
That's really amazing, but the important question is: Can you place weapon/vehicle/player spawns?

(and flag/skull/hill things?)

Nope, not yet. But you can just add player spawns with sapp locations and spawn vehicles with sapp too.

Not yet meaning "not yet but we know how we will" or "not yet but we're still looking into if it's possible"?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Jul 13, 2015 04:55 AM (Total replies: 224)

That's really amazing, but the important question is: Can you place weapon/vehicle/player spawns?

(and flag/skull/hill things?)
Edited by n00b1n8R on Jul 13, 2015 at 04:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release Jun 27, 2015 04:47 AM (Total replies: 388)

Quote: --- Original message by: KinnetNote for myself: Do not relase so many betas, server OPs can get confused
Edited by Kinnet on Jun 25, 2015 at 08:03 PM

The trick is to name the final version "Mapname_Final" so it's clear to people that it's newer.

Time: Mon October 15, 2018 8:22 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website