A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Mr K
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 24, 2017 05:16 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Mr K has contributed to 9 posts out of 464594 total posts (0.00%) in 2,467 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » a 2v2 montage.. no editor.. Jun 24, 2017 05:16 AM (Total replies: 4)

Done, how's this one? https://youtu.be/VBNyUHsgNs0

Halo CE General Discussion » a 2v2 montage.. no editor.. Jun 10, 2017 08:35 AM (Total replies: 4)

If I sent over a stack of triple kills would anyone be willing to edit a real montage for me? It's a bit too late for me to learn to edit, but here's a 2v2 montage I threw together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4VDRb8hhbw

Some may know me, some may not... but I'm back to halo, here to win games.
Edited by Mr K on Jun 10, 2017 at 08:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Oct 26, 2011 02:34 PM (Total replies: 793)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

What? This has absolutely nothing to do with this topic :\

Did you even read the OP for this post. I mean common. He uses Texmod, THE TexMod, not "a" TexMod, THE TexMod. I was posting the update for him as well as others that are using the program to do similar work.

Quote: From first post:

For those that don't know Texmod is pretty fun tool to swap in new textures to almost any fairly current game. The only downside to Texmod is that you need it to start the game up every time and that if you have a lot of changed textures (which I plan on doing) it can sometimes stall the initial load of the game by a minute or two (once it gets in game everything is just as fast as if it wasn't modded though)

For more info you can check out http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_modifying_in-game_graphics

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Oct 26, 2011 12:51 AM (Total replies: 793)

The original developer of TexMod is starting work on TexMod again

A few things you can expect:
- No need to start the game through TexMod, you can attach to running applications at any time [parameters/options/plugins fully functional]
- Mod-packages can be added and removed while a game is running as well
- Much better performance (impact should be close to zero)
- Much better compatibility (it should work with alot more games, exceptions should be very rare)
- (Hopefully) alot of nice features to make finding textures as simple as possible

Additionally, DX10 and DX11 support is planned of course, but It's not high priority for now.

-------------------

Beta versions being worked on now!
http://code.google.com/p/texmod/
Edited by Mr K on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Edited by Mr K on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Dec 24, 2010 02:17 AM (Total replies: 793)

Outstanding work :o

Have you figured out a way to run applications with parameters?
On second thoughts, if not:
I'll have a buddy of mine modify the haloce.exe to automatically enable selected parameters.
Edited by Mr K on Dec 24, 2010 at 02:24 AM

That's nearly perfect. Thanks. The app is ridiculously simple to use. The only thing missing is the ability to run parameters such as -use00, -console...

Ah. I appreciate everyone elaborating for me.

Would it not be possible to create an application within HEK, that compiles the map in a slightly different way, except allowing editing of checksum before final compilation? Would depend on the function's generate procedure.. If not, what of changing the checksum function for a select specific map to the exact checksum of "bloodgulch" per say. (check some faking). Does the program encrypt this checksum?

The result being the ability to mask checksums of maps that are "skinned differently" without causing too many problems. xD

If I'm trying to reach an end with no chance of success, please state so blatantly :D
Edited by Mr K on Dec 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Edited by Mr K on Dec 24, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Ah that makes more sense. I've been at this for hours though.. quite tired now. Could you possibly help me through this a little on xfire? I'm going to bed now - it's 10:27 A.M. here. xD

If you can add me I'll be on later... I'd be more than thankful and credit you in every thing I upload :D [vids, SS's of end of scrims with pistol skin visible]

Ehh.. xfire is: mrkisback

If I'm reading right, it seems there isn't currently a way to modify the bitmaps of weapons :S. This is ridiculous sounding - when such a feat is accomplished in Halo PC - where modding was meant for CE, not PC in the first place.

I have a .dds file a friend of mine created for injection into the bitmap for a pistol. This modification reflects me and my colors/ slogan :D... I love the work he did - and I mostly play CE now-a-days. I'd like to have that pistol visible in my videos on CE as well.

Is it possible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM_PtvROiVs
Edited by Mr K on Dec 23, 2010 at 07:46 AM

Edit: I get exception errors trying to open bitm\weapons\pistol\fp\bitmaps\pistol. Still not possible to modify the maps pistol tags as bitmaps.map cannot be converted with tool.
Edited by Mr K on Dec 23, 2010 at 08:04 AM

I'm left to believe my only option is too complicated without someone explaining it to me xD. Converting map and recompiling bitmap.map with custom pistol skin :S
Edited by Mr K on Dec 23, 2010 at 08:19 AM

Time: Sat September 23, 2017 2:23 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website