A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: darksoldier
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 2, 2017 02:06 PM
Interests: Make good stuff in halo custom edition.
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo custom edition, call of duty, battlefield etc...
Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
darksoldier has contributed to 846 posts out of 469061 total posts (.18%) in 3,097 days (.27 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Nice :) Can't wait to see more about it

Do it for vehicles now, that's would be fantastic :)

I've made something similar a long time ago with ghost and banshee, but I never "realy" finished it (new animations and physics). If you have in plan to do something like that, that's would be gorgeous

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47743
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47753
Edited by darksoldier on Jan 2, 2017 at 12:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project] What before REACH ? Dec 29, 2016 03:22 PM (Total replies: 42)

Yes. Harvest is a pretty good idea :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project] What before REACH ? Dec 29, 2016 12:57 PM (Total replies: 42)

I'll try to translate it for you guys.

Your project is very interesting in some points.

However, make a new story based on "before reach" isn't a good idea for me. Why ? Because, to do simple, halo reach game is sloppy (except graphics), it doesn't represent the war that raged on the planet reach as described in the books, the end is mediocre and not finalised. So now you want to make a scenario "before reach"? It would be completely absurd, it is necessary to know that apart from some skirmishes here and there with the covenants, the "conflicts" before reach invasion "were not frequent, almost nonexistent.

So to summarize, use the term "before reach" is not necessarily a good choice, maybe you could launch yourself in another scenario choice, maybe in a conflict at the same time as the invasion of reach, or why not during the retreat military forces present on the planet. Doing something before the halo event reach is useless I think.

I don't know if it's better or not for you english/americans, soo that's all :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 29, 2016 12:19 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Thanks for all the feedbacks. So, after reading your feedbacks, i've tried to improve some details here and there, what did you think about it now ? For the hologramme's structure, I want to stay in something simple, to stay in armony with the rest of the bsp.

Edited by darksoldier on Dec 29, 2016 at 07:31 PM
Edited by darksoldier on Dec 30, 2016 at 07:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project] What before REACH ? Dec 28, 2016 11:47 AM (Total replies: 42)

Ton projet est très sympathique en règle générale, et très intéressant sur pas mal de points. :)

Cependant, reprendre une "campagne" sur "l'avant reach" est pour moi inutile. Pourquoi ? Alors tout simplement, le jeu halo reach étant un flaupe total (hormis graphiquement parlant), ne représente absolument pas la guerre qui a fait rage sur la planète reach telle qu'elle est décrite dans les livres, la fin est médiocre et pas peaufinée. Alors maintenant se lancer dans l'avant reach ? Çà serait complètement absurde, il faut savoir qu'a part quelques escarmouches ici et la avec les covenants, les "conflits" "avant reach" n'étaient pas fréquents, on peu même dire presque inexistants.

Donc pour résumer, utiliser le terme "avant reach" n'est pas forcément un bon choix, peut être pourrais tu te lancer dans un autre choix de scénario, peut être un conflit en même temps que la guerre de reach, ou pourquoi pas pendant la fuite des dernières forces militaires présentes sur zone :) Franchement, faire quelques chose avant les évènement d'halo reach est inutile je pense.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 27, 2016 05:33 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Working on another structure.

Don't pay atention to the lights everywhere. They are juste place holder

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 23, 2016 05:54 AM (Total replies: 11475)

I tryed to create something with a Forerunner design

Halo CE General Discussion » What's your favourite OST from Halo 5? Mar 6, 2016 07:16 AM (Total replies: 44)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAYPkVeWjXM :)

Very nice work guys ! I watched the video of your works, and it is very awesome ! Can't wait to see more about it !

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Jul 11, 2015 07:11 PM (Total replies: 229)

Beautiful !!!

Very interesting project ! Great job guys !

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 10, 2015 04:52 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier

I tried to reproduce the interior of the Pillar Of Autumn for a new project while adding personal touch. Does it look like?

An important thing to consider when attempting to recreate the Autumn's interior is that Halcyon-class cruisers are noteworthy for their honeycomb lattice of internal cross braces, so you probably don't want want long sections of uninterrupted corridor. It's also a warship, so massive windows are also a no-go.

Thank you for the reply, I'll try to do my best to get closer to the original style of the Pillar.
I have another question, do you have anything that can help me in creating a armory ?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 10, 2015 01:46 PM (Total replies: 11475)

I'm bad to take screenshots, I have some problems with my eyes...

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 10, 2015 01:20 PM (Total replies: 11475)

I tried to reproduce the interior of the Pillar Of Autumn for a new project while adding personal touch. Does it look like ?

Need some things to adjust here and there but...
Edited by darksoldier on Jun 10, 2015 at 01:21 PM

I played on the map today and it's really amazing. Congratulations to you all for your hard work on that project. You guys are awesome ! You have the potential to create your own video game now. Thank you for all, the community will not be the same without you. Good work guys ! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Pre-Release Tile-able Camouflage Textures. Feb 28, 2015 11:02 AM (Total replies: 20)

RELEASE ! SEXY SHOTGUN EVERYWHERE ! :D
Edited by darksoldier on Feb 28, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I need help with my shader enviroment Feb 26, 2015 12:51 PM (Total replies: 28)

I have fixed the texture for you ! Not the best texture in the world but the result is good !

Halo CE General Discussion » I need help with my shader enviroment Feb 26, 2015 07:41 AM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man

Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier
I did a little tutorial, to help you to improve your cliffs. First of all, they are many methods to get good looking cliffs, I will give you a simple one.

-snip-

Not bad. My approach is similar - I start with a flat plane, tessellate once or twice (less than you) and then in Editable Poly I use the Slice tool to cut in other directions besides vertical/horizontal. Then, in order to make more organic extrusions, I use Soft Selection to move vertices. If it's too high-poly, I use the optimize modifier, but only in some sections (in order to retain a natural look). Most importantly, I Unwrap UV last, because I don't like being preoccupied by UV's when editing geometry. As far as UV unwrapping goes, apply quick planar maps in sections, then open the Unwrap Editor and weld to get rid of the seams. Also make sure the bottom/top of the cliff lines up with the bottom/top of the texture (like darksoldier pics). Then Relax the parts around your extrusions (careful not to use Relax too much). Smoothing groups come last (because it's easier to spot ugly extrusions without them) but at that point I usually just use Auto-Smooth.

Here's the result:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/stunt_man/cliffs%20example.jpg

@darksoldier: Il n'est jamais trop tard pour écrire un post de valeur sur halomaps :^) Et ton anglais est beaucoup mieux que la plupart des gens qui post ici
Edited by stunt_man on Feb 25, 2015 at 08:03 PM

Hehe ! thank you ^^ Your French is very good too ! :)

I edited the orginal texture, to make it more darker with less light.

See under the new texture.

Not the best I can do, but if you want to keep this texture, it will maybe help you a bit.

About the shader, try using the same shader as in b30 (cliffs.shader_environment). Just replace the old textures by your own.

I tested the texture myself, and it's much better now, but it's need alot of work. I used the shader "Cliffs.shader_environment" and I replaced the old textures by the new one.

However, we can see the texture is not reliable, so I recommend you to change it by a better texture (who is reliable).

Edited by darksoldier on Feb 26, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I need help with my shader enviroment Feb 25, 2015 05:59 PM (Total replies: 28)

I did a little tutorial, to help you to improve your cliffs. First of all, they are many methods to get good looking cliffs, I will give you a simple one.

First, that's how you cliffs are looking in 3ds Max.

Now select your model, right clic (convert to editable mesh), and select vertex, and move all of them to get a better result

After you've done, you'll get something like that, better and clean.

Now apply a clean texture in your model.

When it's finished, right clic, and select again (convert to editable mesh), select vertex, and go to "soft selection" and select "Use soft selection", enter the number do you want in "fallof". And now play with it.

When you've done, select polygon and now select your cliffs with it. Now go to "smoothing groups" and select "auto smooth".

And now, you have nice looking cliffs !

Sorry for my english, I'm tired, it's late in France :)

Time: Thu June 20, 2019 6:27 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website