A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: grunt_eater
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 30, 2014 04:51 PM
Interests: I wanna learn how to blow $7l_lf up with my mind
Your Age: Don't hate me 'cause i'm beautiful. Hate me 'cause i'm better looking then you
What Games do you play: mind games. mostly with people i speak with over the internet >:]
Everything except biped rigging.

Post Statistics
grunt_eater has contributed to 2017 posts out of 462344 total posts (.44%) in 2,287 days (.88 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Aug 30, 2014 04:51 PM (Total replies: 8449)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] Celshaded Halo 1 Biped Jul 14, 2014 08:24 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
huh I would give you mine but my HDD was reset yesterday evening....
Just make a black shader environnement inverted on the model, and apply a hardly contrasted cubemap and it should do it.
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/102405969-3.jpg

I don't remember how I edited the texture. I think I did edge detection and a few things...

I'd really like to try this, but i have some confusion about how. Do i import the model into max and flip it? What did you mean by inverted? And is the cubemap change necessary to get the outline effect, or can it be done without that?

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 5, 2014 05:02 PM (Total replies: 14952)

i see. So if you used the same model there'd be no way of using a reduced version for the third person. So either too much detail in third or too little in first. Or find a balance in between where it only affects both an even amount.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 5, 2014 11:03 AM (Total replies: 14952)

Just out of curiosity: Why don't people use the same model for first and third person? I mean, with LoD's it shouldn't lag the game with extra poly's and you'd think the map would have a lower file size because you're not using two separate models. Does that make sense, or am i just babbling again?

Halo CE General Discussion » biped rigging problem 3ds max 2011 Jul 2, 2014 01:13 AM (Total replies: 6)

Awesome. Thanks, you guys.

Halo CE General Discussion » biped rigging problem 3ds max 2011 Jun 30, 2014 07:44 PM (Total replies: 6)

Arm...
Edited by grunt_eater on Jun 30, 2014 at 07:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » biped rigging problem 3ds max 2011 Jun 30, 2014 07:18 PM (Total replies: 6)

So i'm trying to rig my biped, painting weights, in max 2011. I have the weights painted, but when i go to test them by rotating the bone it causes strange extrusions across the area affected. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?

I have this problem in max 2011 a lot. The way i fix it is by going into the mtl editor, selecting your mtl and in the options portion check "show standard map in viewport". If it still doesn't show, try re-drag-and-dropping it onto your model, i find it's best to deselect the model first too. Hope this helped.

I think i get what you're saying. And it's not All impossible. I mean, sure, we could create/edit the bitmaps to make them more realistic and just replace the ones in the bitmaps.map to update the entire game. Do the same for the sounds. But models? models you'd have to do in every map, on everyone's PC. Maybe if you found a way to do like an auto update where it would just replace it on everyone's PC's, but getting the access to do that isn't really possible. And updating it to using DX11, you'd need the source code of the engine, which microsoft isn't willing to hand over. All in all, yeah. Textures, Sounds, Models, Animations, ect. All doable, not practical in all senses. But possible.

EDIT: What if you did all of the modifications and built a new installer?
Edited by grunt_eater on May 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3ds max 2011 problem. Apr 13, 2014 03:38 PM (Total replies: 5)

I just tried that, and it turned vertex snap on. I also tried every other key combo i could think of with S before finally finding it. I had "edge" selected under Edit Geometry constraints. I set it back to "none" and everything's good now. Thank you, though.

Halo CE General Discussion » 3ds max 2011 problem. Apr 13, 2014 02:41 PM (Total replies: 5)

So i was modeling like normal, when i selected a few faces i wanted to move. i started to move them forward, in the direction they were facing, and noticed that they wouldn't move. instead, it seemed like i had weld verts selected. all of the verts within a certain distance of each other were connecting, and still no moving forward. i can move them back, however. does anyone know what i did to cause this? it's prohibiting me from modeling and greatly aggravating me.

Thank!

~grunts.

Halo CE General Discussion » change the camera dead animation? Mar 4, 2014 09:07 PM (Total replies: 4)

But that's a third party program. I was hoping to change the tags and compile it into a map.

Halo CE General Discussion » change the camera dead animation? Mar 4, 2014 04:12 PM (Total replies: 4)

So i'm messing around with third person camera stuff and wanted to know if it's possible to change it. What i thought of is what if you could make it more like halo 3? where you can swivel around and look in different directions when you're dead. I just have the issue of not knowing where that camera track is located, or if it even exists. So i figured i'd ask. Is there a camera track? Or a camera dead orientation saved somewhere that i can edit? Anything? Thanks in advance for anything anyone can offer.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Mar 3, 2014 01:07 PM (Total replies: 1869)

I just saw this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C_E3_aCiHA
Just curious. Where did you get the physics, altis? they look like mine, but i don't remember if i sent you mine or not. Lol. I'm probably just being dumb.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 12, 2014 03:32 PM (Total replies: 11280)

The circle of glowing lines is a bit out of place to me. It just doesn't fit, imo. Maybe replace it with several other rings? idk, it's op to you, it just doesn't look right to me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Feb 12, 2014 11:52 AM (Total replies: 8449)

Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
halo ce dus is not the best for speculer maps cus the game was not ment for it plus to see it in halo u need the cube maps

What do you mean the game was not meant for it? The blue channel of the Multipurpose map IS a specular map.

Than how come making the multipurpose completely blue and turning all reflection properties off shows nothing at all? From my personal experience, the blue channel of the multi only controls intensity of the cubemap. If you change the cubemap, you'll see the reflections change. I don't notice any specular at all. Just reflections.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT wants you!!!! Feb 11, 2014 11:05 AM (Total replies: 54)

Was about to say the same thing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Feb 8, 2014 10:02 AM (Total replies: 8449)

The fake bloom was only there because my computer can't handle any real bloom programs, and i wanted there to be more of a comparison between the shaders and the screen-cap from h3, so i added a sort of in between picture for reference. The bottom pic is the one with just the shaders.

@SOI_7: maybe after i complete everything. It really wasn't that complicated.
Edited by grunt_eater on Feb 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Feb 7, 2014 04:09 PM (Total replies: 8449)

Okay, so i did some more work on the shaders, and i wanted more of a comparison to h3 for this round. So here 'tis.

Halo: 3.

Mine with a fake bloom effect i added in paint.net.

Mine standard.

Ignoring the fact that the color is slightly darker, just paying attention to the reflection.
Edited by grunt_eater on Feb 7, 2014 at 04:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Feb 5, 2014 11:21 PM (Total replies: 8449)

I'm not sure about yours, waffles, but again what i'm doing is trying to make non-sauced shaders look more like halo 3's engine.

Time: Sun April 30, 2017 6:53 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website