A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: R93_Sniper
About Contact
Last Post: May 8, 2017 11:54 PM
Interests: Gaming, creating and playing
Your Age: Not for you to know.....
What Games do you play: Halo, Crysis, Minecraft, Half Life, L4D, bunch of FPS games
When in Doubt, RUN!

Post Statistics
R93_Sniper has contributed to 1939 posts out of 462986 total posts (.42%) in 2,299 days (.84 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release May 8, 2017 11:54 PM (Total replies: 47)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Now i will never release them, and these tags are lost for ever. "no links for you" Megaupload died with it, im the only who have almost all zteam tags. You guys really f#ked it! I blame masterz1337 for this.

You realize many of us, myself included, have all the tags right?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Spartan Model {Release} May 7, 2017 04:24 PM (Total replies: 96)

Yes, but you're better off not using this. There's actually a handful of models here that arent the legit ones, and its also missing a ton of permutations. I believe spiral was the one who actually got a bunch of them ingame. However, if you want all the model perms, check here: https://mega.nz/#!rJl11ZLC!0U_bsqaDd3BxeVNJ8YrZp2EtTCagvM6c6_4n-0DnHOk

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] May 6, 2017 06:24 PM (Total replies: 11298)

Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck

I probably should've explained it better in my original post. Most of it is still a a conceptual sculpt. And I'm just refining objects as I go. I started on the one arm (didn't mirror over to the other side yet) and am now working my way down the torso. Haven't even started on any of the leg stuff yet. Pretty much all they have is the synthetic muscle undersuit. There will definitely be more to add to it. The objects that seem tacked on are pretty much just that. Just basic shapes to signify I wanted something there. Should have more to show soon to hopefully show the bigger picture!

Yeah i sorta figured as much. Still, i'm looking forward to what you're going to do with it!

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] May 5, 2017 06:31 PM (Total replies: 11298)

There seems to be some rather blatant inconsistency between the arms and the legs. Its totally ok if you wanna go for asymmetrical design but i'd personally say to keep that sort of "wrapped cloth with metal ontop" from the left arm down to the legs. It might enhance the forms a bit if you can keep the consistency but make sure its belivable.

The sort of ornate parts that go down from the sternum down to the pelvis and wraps around seems sort of nonsensical since they dont seem to be consistent with themselves, and they seem tacked on at best. It seems just a tad bit too busy really. Personally i'd get rid of it and keep the aforementioned cloth and metal thing you've got going on. If you want to keep those silver metal peices on the front though, you could probably place those around the body (think sides of the thighs and calves, and maybe under the shoulder blades) and make it feel right.

Just a few thoughts, you're free to make of them what you will. Also, so its clear, im liking this starting point, but i just have some nitpicks to make is all. I'm curious to see where you go with this.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie-fying 343i tags May 5, 2017 04:06 AM (Total replies: 14)

I've given this topic quite a bit of thought left and right considering that there are a few things that 343i has done very well in terms of visual design. Given most of their designs are pretty nonsensical (Looking at you Seeker helmet...), there are some things that actually look pretty damn good (ie Copperhead [despite your protests halonimator, i actually really like that armor], Athlon, Rogue, The Pelican [mostly], and the cohesion with the covenant aesthetic overall).

I'd probably split it between each functional sector of the game and then the factions related to. Notably Weapons/Vehicles/Characters/Environments for Human/Covenant/Forerunner.

Human Tech in the 343i games seem to be far too modern, and follow the base mentality of drab aint bad. The H4/5 Shotty, the DMR, the H5 SMG, and the H5 Rocket launcher are probably the most indicative of that. The shotgun drops the silohuette and the subtle glowing portions for a single colored brown gun, the DMR looks like a reconfigured Battle Rifle (which btw, why do we have a space EOTech and a RDS?) with a near matte black paint scheme. The SMG looks like a P90, the Rocket Launcher looks like a twin fire SMAW. While Bungie's design schemes are absolutely ridiculous in some areas, they atleast felt decent for something in the 26th century. The one thing i will give 343i however is sound design, as most of the human weapons have pretty decent sounds. The Assault Rifle sounds chunky, the Shotgun is satisfying to use because of how punchy that sound is, and the rocket launcher gives a surprisingly powerful sound in halo 5. There are obvious some pretty s----y ones, such as the H5 Magnum and the SMG sounding more like a peashooter (which isnt too bad compared to the automatic stapler), but you could probably shrug that off in some places.

Covenant weapons are interesting because of the aforementioned cohesion. Personally i'd probably only really change their designs so that they would look less like the shells were melted and more like they were grown (which is the disconnect point). Also, Bungie made an effort to have each weapon retain a unique color so they could be identified from a glance (some obvious offenders in reach such as the repeater), something that i'd personally like to return. Ironically the sound case is in reverse for the covenant weapons, they all sound like garbage in my opinion. The H5 Needler and FRG are probably exceptions, since they sound alright-ish

Forerunner weapons i dont like, but i dont recall bungie using floating peices as overtly as 343i did. They'd be less interesting for animation but there would be a definate consistency if that was the case. I cant really say much more about that since the only forerunner weapons used by bungie were the sentinel guns, which revolved more heavily around glowy bits.

Generally the vehicles follow a lot of whats above. the UNSC Vehicles i'll probably hold back on more since they dont seem to be too bad, but the Halo 5 Mongoose is pretty weird looking, and the warthog lacks its iconic looking suspensions and turret design. The one vehicle i really just want a minor change on is the pelican. If the cockpit was changed to look more traditional, it'd probably be perfect quite frankly. Covenant just needs to drop the melted shell look and make everything look more organic and repurposed. Phaeton is the only forerunner vehicle, and it retains the "Less floating parts and more glowing parts" ideology in my head.

Characters is where there's a weird choice to make. On one hand, you reduce everything because in Halo 4/5, ODSTs are pretty much nonexistant and Spartan-IVs just coexist with Marines (who actually look acceptable by comparison. They look very Reach-Esque which i didnt mind too much). The IVs by 5 have ridiculous armors, many of which are completely anatomically infeasible but there are some good ones (as i mentioned before). Having a cleaner aesthetic overall and using detail rather than a noise texture with plastic looking materials goes a long way. Halo Reach probably did materials the best for the spartan armors, but a bit too dirty for my tastes.

Covenant characters all just feel like they were changed arbitrarially for the sake of change. Bring the elites back to having mandibles that sit properly on their face rather than coming up and around their eyes. Grunts should have round heads and gas masks because they cant breathe oxygen. Jackals shouldnt look like eels. Admittedly Hunters improved by a huge margin in overall design. Also, Elites, Jackals, and Grunts all look like they're reptilian with scales but also look like they have chicken skin at best. Go back to the smaller snake scales rather than the huge puffy scales. They seem to attract attention to the weirdest places on the body and just make the entire form feel...bland at best.

Forerunner design i cant really comment on aside from the same thing i've posted above twice. I'm not a fan of the overall "not really robots not really organic" thing they're going for nowadays, but Halo 5 nailed down knights and watchers at the very least.

Environments in Halo 4 and 5 actually arent that bad, but suffer from the mistakes of metals looking way too plastic-y, or too close to mass effects super clean sci fi. While you can excuse super clean for a suit of armor that gets work done on it after every battle, you cant say the same about environments which are oftentimes not cleaned as often or at all. Forerunner is probably the exception, since i feel like the model detail is too high but the texture detail is too bland. That should probably be swapped for balance quite frankly, as bungie used complex forms only on large scale, rather than using using tiny details on small parts of geometry. Tiling textures and strips used to compliment eachother are far more effective in terms of design overall.

Halo CE General Discussion » A crazy idea May 4, 2017 07:23 PM (Total replies: 4)

The question is, what code are you tying to access? For the actual game's code you just need to bypass the encryption before running the files through a decompiler. The code that gets spat out is going to be either in machine code or assembly after that though.

As for OS, its already Open Source aint it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Money May 2, 2017 08:08 PM (Total replies: 121)

Only person i can think of is Mangyeko

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 30, 2017 08:02 PM (Total replies: 121)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
You can sell your assets but once you compile them they are Microsoft property.

You can sell 3d Models and textures you made from zero but once they are compiled for HCE you cannot sell them

This is assuming you don't liscence them before they go ingame.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 30, 2017 05:34 PM (Total replies: 11298)

It literally looks like a tree with a mouth. You can do better than /that/

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 30, 2017 02:13 AM (Total replies: 11298)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Working on making a biped with as many halo reach permutations as possible. at the moment i'm at 45 perms. what do you think? (still needs a lot of polish though).
https://youtu.be/xjfbD7MhGFU

seems to be good so far, but i think you should change your cubemap for the visors (if there is one there). It seems way too water-y piss yellow rather than the sort of gold that its supposed to be

Halo CE General Discussion » AI dont appear when I reopen Sapien Apr 24, 2017 03:35 AM (Total replies: 5)

Did you remember to set the amount of AI to spawn in the options panel? Stupid thing to say but its possible you forgot it

Halo CE General Discussion » Rigging/Bones error. Apr 18, 2017 09:18 PM (Total replies: 8)

did you parent the mesh to the root bone?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 18, 2017 01:45 AM (Total replies: 11298)

your magnum textures are so dark whyyyy.

As for the map, i'd say to maybe work on the walls and make them more interesting. Right now they're very flat looking.

Quote: --- Original message by: fearlesswee

Wow rude. What did TF2 ever do to you?
Edited by fearlesswee on Apr 17, 2017 at 08:00 PM

Be a trashy game most likely.

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 14, 2017 04:55 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Quote: --- Original message by: theshadow0222
From a plot perspective, yes, but how so from a gameplay perspective? Other than it not being done before and therefore being poorly set up for in any halo game ever.

It's really simple. You can see and dodge covenant weapons. You can't against weapons that are nearly instantaneous. Ask yourself if you've ever had a good fight against a flood using human weapons, or covenant using carbines and beam rifles. Or even worse the prometheans in H5 who use human weapons.

Sure you could edit it so that the humans use weapons that fire some modified projectile that changes into a standard gun when they die... but that would be so silly and in the end you'd just have covenant weapons being held by less interesting enemies.

Probably the biggest indication that you've never played Halo multiplayer, where human weapon starts are a thing. Readability in a firefight is definately something to take into consideration but playing versus AI with human weapons doesn't destroy gameplay as much as you're saying. Beyond that, you don't have to follow halo's design ideologies to the letter because quite frankly theres a fair amount of subjectivity with that in of itself. If somebody wants to do something silly? Let them. It's not hurting anyone, and could potentially become a lot of fun in a unique way if handled right.

Halo CE General Discussion » Memento/Remake - Gallary Thread Apr 12, 2017 07:28 PM (Total replies: 9)

Its a process called photogrammetry and Autodesk gave the program out for free not too long ago. A bit late on the call there buddy

And yet you still cant pick an engine

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 5, 2017 09:58 PM (Total replies: 11298)

reminds me of the sniper from this

Halo CE General Discussion » Project-Contingency (Fan made Halo Game) Apr 3, 2017 04:43 PM (Total replies: 382)

We're not dead i swear.

New Website!
http://project-contingency.com/home/

Update Video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2YCfEvRSg

Discord chat!
discord.gg/CDgnWXq

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
wHAT THE HELL IS A MOZZ? O wait is that the name of somethign your programmed that doesntly relate to anything of whatever it does. You want a job doing what you do but clearly express a lack of common sense in how you named it. Your program could be amazing or solve the world's problem but with how you expressed its use is terrible.

Or you can use some common sense and read what the original thread says instead of being a wristwatch. Its Moses' version of Guerilla, which when put together forms a rather easy name to identify and is sorta cheesy in of itself

But do go on about how completely rewriting an existing tool that can effectively replace the original and its modifications has a name that you're too stupid to understand the natural concatenation of.

Time: Tue May 30, 2017 3:36 AM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website