A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: R93_Sniper
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 10, 2018 07:54 PM
Interests: Gaming, creating and playing
Your Age: Not for you to know.....
What Games do you play: Halo, Crysis, Minecraft, Half Life, L4D, bunch of FPS games
When in Doubt, RUN!

Post Statistics
R93_Sniper has contributed to 2033 posts out of 466481 total posts (.44%) in 2,625 days (.77 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 10, 2018 07:54 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

Blah blah blah jesus freak spiel and verbose speech nobody cares about

Point and case. You fail to realize that you're not a good person and we have problems with you regardless of you being a crazed religious nut. Its nothing more than adding a proverbial cherry ontop the cake, except the cherry is a turd and the cake is a turd cake

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 8, 2018 02:40 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Are you on drugs, MEGASEAN?

Only one on drugs here is you sparky. Nobody cares about your verbose jesus freak-ness. Get over yourself and your delusions of importance and adequacy

Too damn long

In all seriousness, i think i started doing random Halo Trial modding with sparkedit and HMT back in middle school so roughly 07/08. I became a mild lurker here for like two years before i made an account and did something with it, filing around between here and modhalo for the longest time. I also got PC/CE around 08/09 and did some more sparkedit stuff until i figured out how CE actually did things. Was a fun thing to PMI those Brute ghosts from extinction to PC bloodgulch. Good times

Quote: --- Original message by: BayBounty
I real new here and to the whole old-school halo modding thing but there are 3 things I am looking to figure out that I need some advice on.

- The capability of the dev mode options and what really I can do practically with them while playing other than the listed cheats.
What exactly are you looking to do and in what context? In Singleplayer you can do effectively anything, but in multiplayer you can only do so if you're host. All commands that you execute via scripts can be done via the console but if you could explain exactly what you're looking to do, that would help more

- This also sorta goes with the first one, when you bump possess an npc and use their body to go into another load cell the game freezes the body, I know why it does it because that particular npc isn't supposed to be there... I was just wondering if there was any way to work around that, prevent that, or get me moving again when I meet the wall that is cell load freezes.
The engine stores its NPCs per BSP Cluster for optimization. When you hit the trigger volume to load the next section of BSP, anything in the previous is either stored or thrown away for garbage collection depending on what it is. Unfortunately there's no way around this

- Is there a way to manually extract music files from the maps you already have? There is a particular song that is part of a 4 set song menu display when you pause the game, and you can play one of the 4 songs while you play, I was wondering if there was someway to get the audio file and put it onto my computer.

Moses answered this so I wont add on.

that looks objectively terrible

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Pictures or Videos of this ingame?

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 22, 2018 01:42 PM (Total replies: 51)

Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360

There is a guy who made forernner weapons, he can helps you, I think he is Latin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic2_zOp63JI
Edited by helldeath360 on Feb 22, 2018 at 01:05 PM

>Anthrax
>help

Good meme

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 22, 2018 01:42 PM (Total replies: 68)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Voice acting was my main "issue" with Lumoria: It was really cool that they had it, and it wasn't all bad (they did better than I'd have done), but it wasn't the best either. As a player, I would rather have no voice acting (the Covert Ops campaign utilized on-screen HUD messages to convey dialogue) than sub-par voice acting.

Additionally, given the pre-Xbox influences on the Lumoria aesthetic (particularly the Spectre, Elite shield gauntlet, etc.), it would be cool to see more things like that.

Slight disagreement. The on-screen text stuff bugs me to no end. Voice acting may not have been the best but i prefer it over text on screen.

Also, that weird guardian thing could definately use a touch up, along with the boss fight

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Doom 3 for Halo Ce Feb 21, 2018 03:57 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Pay me 100 dollars and i'll give you my hell knight, cacodemon, imp and pinky...

Or pay you nothing and get it for free himself :thunk:

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Feb 10, 2018 01:04 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
snip

+rep to this dude

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
CryEngine V

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CjotT_m_ww8/maxresdefault.jpg

Fancy graphics do not a game make. Cryengine is a peice of trash and should be heralded as one

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Unity is bae, you'll have a lot of fun with it. Looking forward your future projects

Unreal master race

Halo CE General Discussion » Help, error in cmd Jan 28, 2018 04:40 PM (Total replies: 6)

Few things
1. You know its easier and faster to printscreen than to take a picture with a phone and do this, right?
2. It looks like you're building a level, did you make sure that the world is completely enclosed with no holes?
3. If you used editable poly, did you remember to convert back to editable mesh when you exported?

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 26, 2018 08:09 PM (Total replies: 175)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Yes integrate cityscape please. It is a nearly perfect 1:1 recreation of e3 2003.

edit: If you want the full SPV3 tagset I can shoot that over to you, whole thing is on dropbox.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jan 26, 2018 at 04:51 PM

Not sure if serious.

I'll probably redownload SPV3 if I go that route as the version I had was the beta you sent me about a year ago.

But that cityscape map, if it's the same one I downloaded, was a rectangle with like 4 poorly made buildings and some roads. I'll redownload tonight and check again, but I had found a map that looked very similar that was extremely dull.

I'm looking into converting some of the Financial District structures into scenery items as well, things like the tops of the buildings or other structures. I may also close up the courtyard area of the BSP and save myself a mess of polys there.

Do yourself a favor and just use a modded Zteam tagset instead of trying to mess with the SPv3 one. You'll find out that a lot of corners were cut with it and you'll end up running into issues if you dont have it set up in the particular way they did.

Beyond that, Kirby actually made a much closer, near 1:1 recreation of the H2E3 2003 demo, and all things considered i dont think he would mind sending it over to you to have fun with or integrate in general.

Halo CE General Discussion » just wondering Jan 26, 2018 08:05 PM (Total replies: 1)

there's a lot of UI trickery involved with it, but the biggest issue is that these animated crosshairs dont change colors. An alternate way is to have it as part of the FP model and animate it there, but the same caveat still applies

Halo CE General Discussion » BSP Portalling Jan 10, 2018 05:26 PM (Total replies: 31)

but I'm getting huge issues with the geometry rendering.

This is my most recent one. Geometry is constantly being unrendered; do I need more portals here?

Opposite, you have too many within the same line of sight. Personally i try to make sure that i dont have more than 3 portals within a single line of sight because the furthest one will more often than not be culled when you dont want it to. Keep portals simple, and let the exact portals do the heavy work

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 4, 2018 07:18 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

It also would seem that I didn't read the Adjutant documentation close enough and I generally misunderstood how CEA's system works. Admittedly, not a lot of forethought went into this.

The .s3dpak files are what contain all of the Saber 3D engine "anniversary" assets. This includes both the textures and the models, the latter of which Adjutant cannot currently process or extract.

I had thought that the anniversary .map files would contain the anniversary models, and that the textures to which could be acquired from the .s3dpak files. This is only half-true: with Adjutant, I'll only be getting my hands on the stock Halo 1 models contained within the .maps, and not the anniversary models.

Oh well. I wonder how certain people within the Source engine community - as well as VKMT with their HCEA masterchief - got access to the the anniversary models? Perhaps the answer to that one's above my paygrade?
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jan 4, 2018 at 02:46 PM

Allow me to answer that:

We have someone who is actually able to, with some varying degrees of success, rip models from the sabre stuff because its used elsewhere. Through some odd ends and conversions, textures, models, and some sounds are rippable, but there are caveats with each

Textures cannot be ripped at the highest quality, and are sometimes even lower than their CE counterparts

Models are skewed in terrible ways. It took me a good 3 hours to fix the chief's scale to be proper, and even then it wasn't skinned (i had to do that myself, it was not fun). BSPs are far worse since each peice of isntance geometry is distorted differently than its others, and the main clusters are horribly disfigured.

Sounds are all rippable, but not all work. Some are broken and flutter in as white noise (iirc) and others are distorted otherwise. These sounds, however, can still be ripped with adjutant since they're shared amongst the two versions

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

the TLDR version of it is that Halo Custom Edition has no animators. At least none who know the ins-and outs of the animation graph system even though it is properly documented in the before you ask topic

Thats not true. We just like to hide

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I block interpolation on my server? Dec 29, 2017 06:45 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jam
wireframe can be used on chimera even if hac2 (halo ANTICHEAT) blocks wireframe giving anyone wallhacking abilities that aren't blocked by sapp.

Chimera is bypassing an ANTICHEAT therefore it is a CHEAT!! 002 is making CHEATS and doesn't care about the community and the fact he hasn't defended himself proves this

Normally defamation isnt my thing but holy cow you really have a stick far up yours dont you? HAC also does a lot more than anticheat by the way, so you claiming that something bypasses something that has anticheat in the name as a cheat is (in this case) actually retarded.

And obviously 002 hasnt bothered to defend himself. He has nothing to defend himself against. You being a self entitled child doesnt help your case by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote: --- Original message by: Ling Ling Lang

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
So.....rips, and rehashes? That doesnt sound very fun

I don't think "could reasonably take place in the same universe as Halo" is an unreasonably restrictive requirement for a map. Does OP mean they want in-universe assets or literally stock CE assets?

OP, I'd have to really look through my collection of maps to find higher quality maps, but one that I thought of off the top of my head is Sector 09 by Nickster5000. Its a firefight map, not an "adventure" map, but its still quite fun and fits your aesthetic criteria to the same degree that SPV3 might.

http://haloce3.com/downloads/singleplayer/original-singleplayer/firefight-sector-09/?_sft_category=open-sauce-maps
Edited by Ling Ling Lang on Dec 18, 2017 at 04:44 PM

Sector 09 i dont think feasibly fits under the same descriptor of lore friendly visually but i guess thats on a per-person basis. The rest of what you're saying i guess makes sense

Time: Sat April 21, 2018 5:27 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website