A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: R93_Sniper
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 24, 2017 03:35 AM
Interests: Gaming, creating and playing
Your Age: Not for you to know.....
What Games do you play: Halo, Crysis, Minecraft, Half Life, L4D, bunch of FPS games
When in Doubt, RUN!

Post Statistics
R93_Sniper has contributed to 1928 posts out of 462241 total posts (.42%) in 2,265 days (.85 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » AI dont appear when I reopen Sapien Apr 24, 2017 03:35 AM (Total replies: 5)

Did you remember to set the amount of AI to spawn in the options panel? Stupid thing to say but its possible you forgot it

Halo CE General Discussion » Rigging/Bones error. Apr 18, 2017 09:18 PM (Total replies: 8)

did you parent the mesh to the root bone?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 18, 2017 01:45 AM (Total replies: 11276)

your magnum textures are so dark whyyyy.

As for the map, i'd say to maybe work on the walls and make them more interesting. Right now they're very flat looking.

Quote: --- Original message by: fearlesswee

Wow rude. What did TF2 ever do to you?
Edited by fearlesswee on Apr 17, 2017 at 08:00 PM

Be a trashy game most likely.

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 14, 2017 04:55 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Quote: --- Original message by: theshadow0222
From a plot perspective, yes, but how so from a gameplay perspective? Other than it not being done before and therefore being poorly set up for in any halo game ever.

It's really simple. You can see and dodge covenant weapons. You can't against weapons that are nearly instantaneous. Ask yourself if you've ever had a good fight against a flood using human weapons, or covenant using carbines and beam rifles. Or even worse the prometheans in H5 who use human weapons.

Sure you could edit it so that the humans use weapons that fire some modified projectile that changes into a standard gun when they die... but that would be so silly and in the end you'd just have covenant weapons being held by less interesting enemies.

Probably the biggest indication that you've never played Halo multiplayer, where human weapon starts are a thing. Readability in a firefight is definately something to take into consideration but playing versus AI with human weapons doesn't destroy gameplay as much as you're saying. Beyond that, you don't have to follow halo's design ideologies to the letter because quite frankly theres a fair amount of subjectivity with that in of itself. If somebody wants to do something silly? Let them. It's not hurting anyone, and could potentially become a lot of fun in a unique way if handled right.

Halo CE General Discussion » Memento/Remake - Gallary Thread Apr 12, 2017 07:28 PM (Total replies: 9)

Its a process called photogrammetry and Autodesk gave the program out for free not too long ago. A bit late on the call there buddy

And yet you still cant pick an engine

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 5, 2017 09:58 PM (Total replies: 11276)

reminds me of the sniper from this

Halo CE General Discussion » Project-Contingency (Fan made Halo Game) Apr 3, 2017 04:43 PM (Total replies: 382)

We're not dead i swear.

New Website!
http://project-contingency.com/home/

Update Video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2YCfEvRSg

Discord chat!
discord.gg/CDgnWXq

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
wHAT THE HELL IS A MOZZ? O wait is that the name of somethign your programmed that doesntly relate to anything of whatever it does. You want a job doing what you do but clearly express a lack of common sense in how you named it. Your program could be amazing or solve the world's problem but with how you expressed its use is terrible.

Or you can use some common sense and read what the original thread says instead of being a wristwatch. Its Moses' version of Guerilla, which when put together forms a rather easy name to identify and is sorta cheesy in of itself

But do go on about how completely rewriting an existing tool that can effectively replace the original and its modifications has a name that you're too stupid to understand the natural concatenation of.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 1, 2017 03:34 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
a male body i model.

http://i.imgur.com/8BMj5oA.jpg

later this day i will answer the questions... right now im modelling some aliens.

Dont bother making an alien, that'll do just fine

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 29, 2017 12:50 PM (Total replies: 490)

Few differences and misconceptions to notify you of

Halo CE is owned by microsoft. Porting their own stuff into their own engine isnt really rulebreaking as it is, and trying to can it now is sorta eh?

Dewrito got hit with a C&D because they hosted the game files on their site. After they took that down the request was pulled.

Garrysmod and AM2R are pretty god examples, but in the former you only have assets being moved, not gameplay, and no identification of being a fangame either. The latter is coming from a trash company's legal department.

Microsoft is far more forgiving than we give them credit for, and they've let fan games slide with one exception of that halo rts game that got canned near the release of Halo Wars. So long as there's no toe stepping, the team(s) working on their fan game(s) are generally clear

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 29, 2017 12:40 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Slightly offtopic: legos are awesome

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 27, 2017 03:23 AM (Total replies: 11276)

First ingame test "stfu flankers, i know what you are going to comment about the textures."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eO120GkL0&feature=youtu.be
I have a stable framerate,the reason of why it looks bad: im still learning how to record videos.

>Bad looking Geom
>Worse looking textures
>Distorted audio
>Garbage "encounter design"
>Using CMT assets
>Using Halo Rips
>Not really making your own content.

If you really want to be up to Masterz' or Flanker's level, you seriously need to step up your game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 27, 2017 03:20 AM (Total replies: 14952)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
However I'm going to take a few days hiatus to work on some other stuff that was sent my way (nothing to do with dreamtrap)

You didnt help me out with dreamtrap though

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 27, 2017 03:16 AM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK

I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.

Well adding modding support to your free release fan game isn't illegal per-se.

But having a tool that directly ports assets from CE would definitely be a big legal no no.

If the people who are using your mod tools to port assets, the devs can get shut down for allowing their users to violate the rules. Thats how it works

Also, its a pretty big dirtbag move to ask a developer to add tools for the explicit purpose of porting stuff over to replace whats theirs. You're basically saying that they're not good enough and you're more interested in using them as a stepping stone. I've had this discussion with somebody on the contingency forums a while back and i still stand by saying this.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 26, 2017 11:10 PM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK

I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 24, 2017 03:19 AM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

What I mean is that if the project doesn't play very well, what is the point in trying to implement 60 fps?

For instance, I know that Sector 09 could have been a lot more that it is. I know that there is things that could / should be fixed, and I have a whole list of features that I wanted to implement. I also know that Sector 09 could handle the 60 fps and look amazing with a few tweaks to its model and light maps... but if I were to come back and revisit Sector 09, I would focus on fixing the smaller things and implementing the fun features to make it more fun to play. What I am getting at is that 60 fps isn't worth implementing if the thing you're building isn't fun. There are many projects that should focus on re-evaluating their game play and not trying to implement 60 fps.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 24, 2017 at 01:29 AM

So basically you're trying to reiterate what is literal common sense to the people who actively work on projects with the ideology of having some semblance of balance. More accurately, you're trying to insinuate that everyone is stupid and will be more focused on presentation.

Its a method that you can implement if you want the game to play proper at higher framerates, which is completely optional. Your logic is so backwards that using it, i could argue that you should only use a single texture on the entirity of your map, and all your models be presented as boxes with words on them to tell you what they are. It'll push you to 100% focus on gameplay.

TLDR: If you dont want to use it, dont. Your ideology is backwards as hell.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 21, 2017 10:46 PM (Total replies: 11276)

those proportions are absolutely garbage. In your own words:

learn anatomy or stop modeling. the only type of animations i see will come one day from you will be 3xhentai or poorquality fanfictions with some weird p#rn.

Since you refuse, maybe it's time to quit.

Halo CE General Discussion » Thoughts on a reworked shield concept? Mar 20, 2017 05:30 PM (Total replies: 13)

Watchers didnt have their own shields, only health, but yes they'd protect the knights with basically larger jackal shields.

Sentinel enforcers were also just tanky as [Wristwatches], with the sheer amount of health they had masked by the forward facing shield. Beyond that there was nothing

What you're aiming for is sort of a variable damage input shield that forces the user to limit where they can get hit within a certain timeframe if they wish to stay alive. Having a large area to cover would be a good use for conveying that (a-la large bosses, or say a covenant cruiser)

Time: Wed April 26, 2017 9:23 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website