A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: R93_Sniper
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 29, 2020 07:14 PM
Interests: Gaming, creating and playing
Your Age: Not for you to know.....
What Games do you play: Halo, Crysis, Minecraft, Half Life, L4D, bunch of FPS games
When in Doubt, RUN!

Post Statistics
R93_Sniper has contributed to 2084 posts out of 464910 total posts (.45%) in 3,429 days (.61 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 29, 2020 07:14 PM (Total replies: 26)

Congrats on the release! Happy times \o/

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 29, 2020 07:13 PM (Total replies: 11508)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
New Mombasa? Those faces make my vertices rise... Cool stuff

I stick around here to see the once in a blue moon projects people post here like this and M.D's Extermination.

...And to attempt to get some advice from the few 'sane' people who still linger here willing to assist new comers in making stuff...

I don't see this site existing in the next decade. Hopefully 343 make better tools to mod Halo then the Microsoft and official Halo sites would finally put this place to rest. And well... There'd be much less arguing...

Sound like somebody's projecting again

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Mar 4, 2020 09:25 PM (Total replies: 144)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOMMARINE
what kind of program is this? is the new version good?

will this be modding for halo combat evolved or halo pc custom edition?

what does this do?

L2Read before asking questions

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64

You're showing your age

You're showing your stupidity

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Don't feed the trolls, it's useless

Yeah, cant say its not entertaining to see them squirm though
Edited by R93_Sniper on Jan 26, 2020 at 01:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Jan 24, 2020 07:53 PM (Total replies: 144)

Quote: --- Original message by: gpGlobals
Bone/node rotations are also off in the exports, but I'm pretty much 100% sure that this is due to me not handling the quaternions right when converting them to Eulers.

If you're converting from Max to blender, i've found that 2.81 handles this fine with the right import settings. This is what i use:

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64

Quote: --- Original message by: Devarture
I'm curious if there'll be support for Halo 4 animation extraction sometime this year? Reach animation support is good enough for me but I'm curious about it.

Please don't bother, Halo 4 is so ugly.

Halo 4 easily has some of the best animations around

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
And most of Halo 4's animations are just recycled from Halo Reach.

Incorrect
Edited by R93_Sniper on Jan 24, 2020 at 07:49 PM

...So now that this is a thing, can we expect to see someone create a huge tag pack with fully rigged and animated Halo2/3/ODST/REACH bipeds, vehicles and weapons for use in CE?

And no I'm not talking about the already existing ancient buggy knock-offs and OS junk. I'm talking real ported newer Halo game assets fully compatible with stock CE.

If you're looking to try to get stuff working with Stock CE, you may be sorely dissapointed

I'm trying to put these animations onto reach characters but it doesnt seem to work. The script will complain about b_node and b_node2 (which i've never seen in a model before?), and then nothing will animate except for the root bones. Any ideas?

Edit: So i got it half working. Ripping from multiple maps helps as far as i've seen, but there's some crazy errors across the board
Edited by R93_Sniper on Jan 11, 2020 at 01:11 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove

Features:

• Open Halo 1 (CE/PC), Halo 2 (Xbox), Halo 3, Halo: ODST, and Halo: Reach maps.

• View Halo 1 and Halo 2 tags in full using extracted tag definitions.

• Extract Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo: Reach Animations to source files (jma/jmo/jmr/etc.)

• Includes proper extraction for overlay and replacement animations.

Edited by LaikaGlove on Jan 7, 2020 at 06:20 PM

Wait so does this mean, I can edit my marine model and just import the CE marine's animation into 3DS MAX? Do you still have to apply weights etc?

This could have been done for years. There's already tools to do this perfectly for CE things

Don't know if it helps, but VRChat actually has a whole bunch of maps ported over from the various halo games (with varying levels of quality). It uses unity as well and you could very easily port stuff from that project there into VRC. Being said, there's plenty of tutorials and groups that are more than willing to help you out with this kind of thing. If you use discord, send me a DM with your DiscordID and I can point you in the right direction if you so choose.

hey man, if you can get that sorted even by sometime in january i'll be happy. enjoy your holidays my dude

this might be a weird suggestion, but have you tried hopping on the Halo Mods server? They've got a lot of people who've gotten things to inject into the game correctly through various means. They might have what you need. This might help: https://discord.gg/halomods

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Dec 15, 2019 03:21 PM (Total replies: 144)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gravemind
Quote: --- Original message by: Polingo
will blend shape extraction for head models ever be added, or will that require a bit too much work?

Iím not sure what you mean here.

He's asking if you would be able to make it so we can extract Blendshapes (or Morph Targets as it is in 3DS Max) for characters. They're basically deformations of geometry to do things like facial animations easier and more efficent.

This may help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morph_target_animation

the question now begs to be asked since MCC is out, any updates on the reach animation stuff? I do remember a comment being made about needing to look at the flights to get any further

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
you need a xbox live at tho

only an account. You dont need gold or anything

Halo CE General Discussion » What does it mean when mcc comes to pc? Nov 8, 2019 12:14 AM (Total replies: 2)

we already have most of that

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Aug 10, 2019 12:04 AM (Total replies: 996)

Gravemind doesn't work on adjutant anymore, afaik that's Elijah now and everything is set up almost exclusively for max 13

despite whatever hate halo 4 gets, i would very much like getting H4's animations, especially the assasinations and cutscene animations. There's a lot of good stuff on it

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove
Been kinda busy lately so I haven't had much time to work on this. But last night I made a little progress on Reach animations:

https://i.imgur.com/JjsMR2u.gif

Still some stuff I need to figure out, but much closer than I was before.

No promises but Halo 4 extraction may not be far behind since it uses a revised version of this codec from reach, I'm not sure how much has changed though.

Honestly can't wait. Here's hoping there's no real issues moving forward!

Any plans for Reach or 4 support? Assasination animations are lit and i'd love that

Time: Fri July 3, 2020 4:10 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website