A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: R93_Sniper
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 19, 2018 06:02 PM
Interests: Gaming, creating and playing
Your Age: Not for you to know.....
What Games do you play: Halo, Crysis, Minecraft, Half Life, L4D, bunch of FPS games
When in Doubt, RUN!

Post Statistics
R93_Sniper has contributed to 2058 posts out of 467766 total posts (.44%) in 2,805 days (.73 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone have Halo 3 music clips Sep 19, 2018 06:02 PM (Total replies: 3)

could always just rip it yourself from the game files.

Layer -> Layer Mask -> From Transparency

Halo CE General Discussion » b!gt!ts map release- bigass variant. Aug 23, 2018 07:07 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: thellt

you then might be surprised. i dont think by any means im anything remotely close to perfect. nor do i want to be stuck up.

Sure proved me wrong /sarcasm

Quote:
i do sometimes think that the way you went about commenting could have been a bit less of a blow. but that is just because i do well when people are tactful. and id be more than happy to say that i have made some strides since the past.

Arguable. I remember your first responses to my criticism back when you made that bloodgulch mod where nobody could see anything (which I still actually have the video of too). If anything you've gotten worse at dealing with people because you completely ignore criticism and go straight to "you're attacking me! I don't wanna hear it from you!"

Quote:
and unfortunate to see that you dont think being nice is worth it when someone is scared or anxious or even just easily hurt. to me, theres ALWAYS a point to being nice. no matter what happens.

Cynicism is my world view. Yours is different, not much to be done there

Quote:
an arms race is not won by deciding to ignore the enemys feelings and to strike back. but kindness could reverse the problem. how did arbiter and master chief become freinds anyways?

An arms race is won when one side completely depletes the economy of the other and delivers the final blow. Arbiter and Chief also didn't become friends because of kindness, they became allies out of necessity. When they saw that they were actually on the same side with the same cause, they showed respect towards one another due to similar skills.

Quote:
so let me do you and me both a favor by saying i accept your feedback. i respect your knoledge, and i want to learn and become better at halo. if you want to be a great teacher, you must also be willing to deal with students that might be anxious or confused or easliy put into a fearful state. sometimes learning something new is scary.

See this is the kind of response that seems more reasonable. You're actually straight on about the student part, but going straight to the defensive isn't always going to help your case. Also as fair warning I generally am the type to be hella straight forward, its easier to convey information that way.

Quote:
so il run it real fast.

I'm gonna quickly snip this post here because the rest is just your thoughts otherwise. For reference I've basically stopped all activity pertaining to CE with the exception of helping out Moses with MEK and the likes when he requests it. I'm really only still here to help people out wherever I see fit or just for fun at this point. While yes I could potentially help out, I've gotten too tired of not being able to do things to the degree that I wanted to in CE, so I just moved on. While working on a community project sounds fun, I'm going to have to pass on that.

Halo 3's alpha channels are the specular maps. If you're putting them into CE, take the alpha out of the texture and into the blue channel of your multipurpose map. Otherwise just tell max/blender to ignore alpha on the diffuse and use the alpha in the specular level

Halo CE General Discussion » b!gt!ts map release- bigass variant. Aug 21, 2018 07:02 PM (Total replies: 19)

So hold up, Pepsi basically one upped the dude out of spite? Man I love snarky responses but holy hell that takes the cake

Halo CE General Discussion » b!gt!ts map release- bigass variant. Aug 21, 2018 03:39 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod

I think thellt should be commended for releasing a mod on here to the community. While I agree that it has many flaws (I also hate the multiple weapon huds and some of the weapon choices lol) but c'mon guys, it's not all that bad and definitely looks better than any POQ mod of Bigass. He (thellt) obviously took the time and effort to make a new skybox, put some thought into the shield recharge sound (good job btw) and added some unique weapons and an interesting chief biped. You can obviously take MegaSean's suggestions and improve the mod in a future release if you'd like (I don't think he was trying to personally attack you... he just has pretty high standards). I think it's better to support community releases like this instead of just trash the person behind the mod (who might be open to improving his mod in the future unlike Johnlex and others who never seem to learn).

Edited by HandofGod on Aug 21, 2018 at 03:29 AM

Sure, its generally a good idea to help out community releases especially since it shows that people have potential and willingness to learn. However thellt is so stuck up thinking he's perfect that any criticism, be it constructive or not, he sees as an attack on his person. On his previous two maps I actually tried helping him but he just saw that as me attacking him. There's no point in helping somebody who wont help themselves, and likewise, there's no point in being nice to a person who refuses to accept it.

Halo CE General Discussion » b!gt!ts map release- bigass variant. Aug 21, 2018 03:15 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
I don't care about anything going on in this thread, but this. This is gold:

Quote:
this is absolutly rediculous. i dont have to try to be smart. i already am. and will always be smart. maybe smarter than you, maybe not, it doesent matter, we all have things were good at.

Thellt -2018

Why do I feel like that could be a trump quote

Halo CE General Discussion » b!gt!ts map release- bigass variant. Aug 20, 2018 06:29 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: thellt
mega crapload, you seem to have a hateful bias towards my work. no offence to you sir but i cannot take you seriously as you have a severe case of butthurt and have had issues with every thing ive ever released to date and me as a person.

Meanwhile your entire sentence is full of malice and hate. Pot calling the kettle black except in this case its the wrought iron furnace calling the china black. Not to mention, its not hard to have problems with what you make because you refuse to hold yourself up to any good standard.

i have given up entirely trying to be nice to you and reason with you, and you do nothing but brutally condemn me and shame me. i do not take your review as credible or interesting, and i dont see it fit to hear your opinions on anything really.

Meanwhile he was nice to you, pointed out what he did and didn't like, and even offered constructive criticism in that final remark. Most people wont bother downloading a map file that doesn't have pictures or a video. You should be thanking him for doing what you were too lazy to do.

i dont care about your reviews, because you have entirely lost credibility in my eyes as a person by condemning others time and effort. we do this for free. maybe dont be so spiteful, over a 20 year old game that we have fun with in free time in the future and maybe your life will be less sad. kthxbai.

Who cares if you do it for free? People with skills significantly better than you have been modding and doing this stuff for free too, yet surprisingly you don't see them complaining and whining like babies any time they receive any sort of criticism (though I can think of like two people who do). The only sad person here is you, who gets absurdly salty and butthurt over people saying your stuff isn't perfect.

not to mention the shear ammount of things you skipped out on even mentioning that i did.

a review doesn't need to cover everyting. Your job is to present your map in a cohesive and coherent way. You did not. Up your game and show off features you want properly instead of complaining.

you should tell me your ip address in a private message so i can blacklist your domain from seeing anything i provide for a community, that is obviously dying, thanks to spiteful people like yourself...

I'm all but certain you have no idea how to do any of what you just said in that statement. Not only that, you don't provide anything of worth at this point, just salt. Look in a mirror before you yell spite

not only that but i am NOT a mapping team. i am a single individual who does this out of spare time when i am not at work and i do this for fun and to promote positivity.

Promote Positivity? You? Don't try to act like you have any sense of humility. You're a child in a man's body who doesn't even bother to hide it. You don't need to be a mapping team to be nice to people nor do you need a mapping team to be good. Look at Patxi, he makes all his maps solo with the occasional bits of help from people other than himself, and even then that's mostly for testing.

i tire of this quarrel you have aganst me. can you and i just agree to disagree?

You're trying to make yourself sound smart, stop trying. Not only that, you're spewing hatred at anyone who gives you any sort of criticism, even if they're being nice.

i do this for fun. not to be critisised.

If you don't want to be criticized, don't publish anything ever. People will criticize you whether you want them to or not, that's part of being any sort of designer/artist. If you cant handle that, then either stop producing or get used to it. Harsh? Absolutely. But there's no compromising at this point.

Quote: No pics and the extremely immature map name that only a 13 year old could come up with means no download.

so you like to bash me but not altis on map names? good lord. biased a f

You say that as if we didn't get irked at Altis' name scheme? To an extent he's playing off the name of the three major maps that CE is known for, but even then his is immature too, and we've commented on that too.

now lets hear something nice from actual people who dont attack others content for the lols. thanks

So basically you want some braindead idiot to praise you so you can feel good about yourself.

Edited by thellt on Aug 20, 2018 at 05:49 PM

Your remark in a nutshell:

Halo CE General Discussion » MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox Aug 15, 2018 04:23 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
Anything run through Tool is automatically Microsoft's property iirc, so they are definitely allowed to do so.

Not /entirely/ true. Anything run through tool that doesn't have any existing licenses attached to it or the likes are automatically given a license by MS which also includes the ability to use without permission. BSPs and textures are part of that, so theoretically they could totally just yoink the BSPs, change the weapons/vehicles to be classic, and adjust anything as need be without any care.

However I highly doubt they're going to do it. While its an interesting thought it's probably not very feasible in the long run

Halo CE General Discussion » Best 3ds max version for halo ce Aug 14, 2018 02:58 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Everyone needs to stop telling people that they should use max 8. Max 8 depends on a deprecated Windows API for it's max script, so they won't all work properly. You also can't use some newer scripts and plugins, rendering is broken on windows 7 and up. Don't use max 8. If you want to go old school, use 9. But I suggest using a newer version personally.

I personally use Max 2016 cuz its nice and because i dont do CE stuff anymore. I'm just relaying the deprecated information that everyone gives out here

Sidenote to OP; Don't use the newest max version (2019 in this case) until it's put out for its current year. It's unstable as all hell until the named year matches the current one

Halo CE General Discussion » Best 3ds max version for halo ce Aug 14, 2018 12:05 AM (Total replies: 12)

Max 8 is most compatible as that's what was intended for CE. There are some exporters that work with newer versions but not entirely sure which ones those are anymore

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Sparky's Version of Guerilla Aug 9, 2018 06:44 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
You know what NEW features would be awesome for Guerrilla? Descriptions for things, you know when you hover over a box or description or word and it briefly describes what the things does?

There are so many things in that program that don't have that and make you wonder, what the heck does this do? Sucks when you have to Google it or run some... Horrible... Game breaking experiments...

Mozzarilla does that

Hey sparky, thanks for proving me right. Appreciate it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA, RELEASE, AND MORE] RPG_Zulu_Final Jul 23, 2018 11:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kal_El
Been my experience that most players get disenchanted by "roaming around" not finding anyone to kill on these larger maps

He also pointed out that its for RP, not for player vs player

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 18, 2018 03:29 PM (Total replies: 29)

Evolved Tagset sounds nice (and I don't mean the SPv3 Evolved tagset, the OG one that was made without tinkering). Being the case, it might also be a good idea to simply refine some of the damage values as need be. The weapons are balanced really well but if it doesn't suit what you're doing then its not going to help you a lot.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Jul 4, 2018 03:29 PM (Total replies: 78)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Just admit to plagiarism already

Just admit to being an idiot already

Chimera is a must have for whatever you want to do. If you plan on doing a lot of multiplayer related things, you'd want HAC2. If you're doing singleplayer, OpenSauce is what you want. Most people say that you cant use both together (though i haven't seen issues myself) so you'll need to pick what you want

Halo CE General Discussion » sup Jun 22, 2018 01:00 PM (Total replies: 7)

was on phone, got lazy

Halo CE General Discussion » sup Jun 17, 2018 09:26 PM (Total replies: 7)

Dratt and Jesse also have a small discord related to the various mini projects that exist https://discord.gg/nkZTv4J

You can still ping him on twitter. Its not out of the question since he seems to be asking everyone on twitter to tell him what the hell got broken from the port.

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 1:59 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website