A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: hoboscience
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 12:09 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 31
What Games do you play: Halo - All
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
hoboscience has contributed to 162 posts out of 469505 total posts (.03%) in 3,155 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jan 21, 2015 12:09 PM (Total replies: 162)

Please send this script my way. I hope to have my SAPP server up and running again soon.
Edited by hoboscience on Jan 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jan 20, 2015 06:58 PM (Total replies: 162)

This is interesting. Did you have any problems with my prior maps?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jan 20, 2015 06:52 PM (Total replies: 162)

It is worth considering but I don't think it is anything related with OS but I won't rule it out either. I know some players have exceptions with the Slayer and Race gametypes because of the scenery spawning. How does your game play on CTF?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jan 20, 2015 06:14 PM (Total replies: 162)

The force is strong with this update:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2FU7y74GWDSVZkM1hqY0lOY0E/view?usp=sharing

but not that strong...

In fact, you'll find some features are missing, for example, the Proton Charger have been (maybe temporarily) removed. I know this is disappointing and maybe at a later time they can be added back in, but for now the Ultimate goal is to release a well functioning and balanced map.

The mighty Altis was generous to lend out his server for a short period of time so I encourage anyone that has some spare time, please download this update and report back with any feedback.
Edited by hoboscience on Jan 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Are there any 80's esque maps or levels? Sep 25, 2014 03:20 PM (Total replies: 18)

No, I can't say that I remember that one. Was this a remote control car?

Halo CE General Discussion » Are there any 80's esque maps or levels? Sep 25, 2014 12:53 PM (Total replies: 18)

I have given some deep thought about making a halo map from my childhood. In my opinion, growing up as a kid in the 80's I had always thought we had the coolest toys. With these fond memories I have often thought, how cool would it be to have a halo map that consisted of all these great toys I owned? Some kind of crazy 80's mash up map.

Some ideas:

Cobra Terror Dome

GI Joe - Oil Rig

HeMan Castle of GraySkull

Or my real favorite as a kid, the Dino-Riders T-Rex

All this while driving around in the Ninja Turtles Turtle Van

Edited by hoboscience on Sep 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Edited by hoboscience on Sep 25, 2014 at 01:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jul 7, 2014 08:23 AM (Total replies: 162)

Quote: .......... this map dose not work..so I get in game for About 1 Minute in game and it kills my halo... dam exception

Do you know what gametype it was?
Edited by hoboscience on Jul 7, 2014 at 08:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jul 1, 2014 12:18 PM (Total replies: 162)

Thanks for all the help Yesterday, I'll be sure to look at these major flaws that were pointed out and address them for the next test release in a week or so.

Quote: I feel like the blaster pistol should have an overcharge ability, and maybe a scope. Instead of having the same reticle for all the weapons, maybe the reticles could reflect the traits of the weapon: weapons with low accuracy have larger reticles, precision weapons have smaller reticles, etc. The cameras on the fighters was a bit disorienting, and they didn't seem very maneuverable.

These are all good ideas. I haven't given any thought to the pistol having a overcharge ability. That could be cool.

New reticles have been on the to-do-list for quite some time and hopefully I can have some new ones knocked out relatively soon.

The Cameras on the vehicles, I'm assuming your referring to the race vehicles. I tend to share your feeling with the Tie Fighter. Flying that is kinda torturous, I'll agree. However I am really happy with how the xwing turned out. Keep in mind, my vision on the Death Star Trench is too not have players have the ability to turn around in the trench. You must continue forward. This might not be possible, we'll see.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote: Race exceptions for me every time.

This is odd, it seems to be just you (so far). Other than race, how's your performance when playing the map?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jun 30, 2014 08:51 PM (Total replies: 162)

Thats interesting, no one else seemed to have a problem with that. Does it exception when you play on LAN?
Edited by hoboscience on Jun 30, 2014 at 08:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jun 30, 2014 08:24 PM (Total replies: 162)

No, OS is not required.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Jun 30, 2014 07:27 PM (Total replies: 162)

Hoping to get some help over the next week testing the next StarWars release. Our main focus will be mostly directed toward the race and slayer gametypes. Over the next few weeks I'm expecting there will be several map updates to be released. Please reference this thread for any future beta releases.

Beta 944:
Download Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2FU7y74GWDTWtsY2E5emJEbjg/edit?usp=sharing

Whats New:

Improved Performance:

I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear the map now has portals (thanks aLTis) and should make a huge difference on performance. I encourage anyone that had performance issues with the previous release, please give this map a try and let me know if you see any improvements.

Race:

You'll notice in the race gametype that players will no longer spawn in the hangar and rather than fighting/racing in and around the Star Destroyers or asteroid field, players will be racing through the Death Star Trench. It should be fun, we'll see...

Slayer:

All players will now spawn in the same hangar. Vehicles will not be operational and players will be restricted to the weapon tagset only. New scenery will spawn for all slayer games changing the feel and look of the hangar. Players will not be permitted to roam the Star Destroyer and all gameplay will remain in the hangar.

Have fun and I hope to see you guys in game!

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight - Feb 2nd Jan 28, 2014 10:08 PM (Total replies: 91)

I feel there is no reason we need to hold out for gamenights just to enjoy playing some custom maps. I know custom servers are never played and always left dormant but does that really have to be the case? If I get the itch to play Halo shouldn't I know there is as least one server I can play some random custom content? I believe this can be the case.

The maps listed above are all included in the server.
The server will be live until at least April.

Halo CE General Discussion » Maps you had the most fun on Jan 28, 2014 11:43 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
RPG beta 6/7 was the most fun. I remember role-playing with people... Ahh.. Good times. But bloodgulch is like my entire childhood... I have been playing this map since I was about... 9! From split-screen to online. Damn, this post brought a tear in my eye..

I also want to give a shoutout to blood gulch. This map offered hundreds and probably a thousand hours of entertainment in my lifetime. Going all the way back to the xbox and the frustrations/love of going online using xbox connect.

Halo CE General Discussion » Maps you had the most fun on Jan 28, 2014 11:31 AM (Total replies: 23)

Schwinz Alpha was the very first map ever released for CE (playable at least) and they had 24/7 Schwinz servers for months. Schwinz later turned into Warton Cove and the alpha map became no more but those few magical months playing schwinz were some of the best games I ever played. Part of why this map was so much fun was because this was the first true custom map experience in Halo. Custom Edition was just getting off the ground and God only knew what the future had in store. These days were very memorable.

Edited by hoboscience on Jan 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight - Feb 2nd Jan 27, 2014 09:26 AM (Total replies: 91)

Consider Red Feather Ranch - Assault GameType
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=619

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 17, 2013 12:01 PM (Total replies: 162)

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
YO HOBO!
=)
WHAT YA THINK?

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8718/91fya9wg9hyd9wi6g.jpg

Whoa, This is beginning to look really great.

I think I would tone down the reflections a tad but lets leave them as they are and I'll have a better idea when testing them ingame. Its looking great and definitely an improvement compared to our current shaders.

And you said you also implemented team color changing? This is a another great option we've neglected because who has ever seen a blue storm trooper before? But still, it would be interesting to see how it plays out so I'm excited to see that as well.

Keep working on the glow coming out of the lightsaber. If you can perfect that so it covers the entire blade and keeps a relative shape of the blade that could look really impressive.

Also keep in mind if these are OS shaders, Yoda and I will not be able to implement them because more than likely our future releases will be .map files.

Thanks for the improvements! We never asked for the outside help but we definitely won't decline it as well.
Thanks Again

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 13, 2013 08:32 AM (Total replies: 162)

The server is up, it's running the latest build .904

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 8, 2013 10:55 PM (Total replies: 162)

Update your map files please,
There is a new map version starwars-beta_904 - Should resolve many of the exception errors, especially when a vehicle is destroyed while the player alive within it. Also players can no longer blow up unoccupied vehicles (as much fun as that was)

http://www.mapserver.halostarwars.com/starwars-beta_904.rar

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 8, 2013 09:16 AM (Total replies: 162)

So everyone is aware,
I have disabled the OS server and switched over to SAPP. Doing this, we lost our in-game map downloading functionality, which is disappointing, but I felt it was necessary. Too many people were having invalid cd-key errors.

Let me know if there are still issues. Go! Join the server, have fun!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 7, 2013 08:28 AM (Total replies: 162)

Has anyone tested this on a machine without OS installed? I would love clarification that it works. Thanks

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 6:58 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website