A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: jawa
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 1, 2013 10:17 AM
Interests: Gaming, Modding Halo CE
Your Age: unknown
What Games do you play: Halo PC, Halo CE, COD 4, Battlefield 3, Portal, ...
Utinni!

Post Statistics
jawa has contributed to 120 posts out of 465505 total posts (.03%) in 3,258 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Death Karts (racing map... duh) Sep 1, 2013 10:06 AM (Total replies: 7)

I am wondering what people will think of this map. It came out pretty good for a five day project imo. Probably the most fun we have had on a project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoda's tutorial thread Aug 7, 2013 02:07 PM (Total replies: 257)

@ASCENDANTJUSTICE Nice model. You plan on getting that in game? Btw who is victor?

Halo CE General Discussion » Sculpted Creature [WIP] Jun 29, 2013 01:13 AM (Total replies: 35)

I think this creature would be perfect for a hunt and be hunted scenario. Where you are stuck in some sort of enclosed arena and have to stay alive while trying to kill it.

Also it should about 6" taller than mc.

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoda's tutorial thread Jun 10, 2013 11:09 AM (Total replies: 257)

I use 3ds max 2010 with no problem, and I don't have to export an obj to open in an earlier version. I use chimp or bluestreak to export my maps. I believe Blitzkrieg only works on 2008 or older. Not positive though. I have never used it.

Halo CE General Discussion » vehicle spawn script Jun 1, 2013 03:12 PM (Total replies: 1)

I am trying to use a script to spawn vehicles in race. It works (sort of), but the client sees twice as many vehicles. However the client can only use the vehicles that the host sees. So I have these useless vehicles glitching up the map, and only the clients see them. Here is the script I last tried.

(script continuous vspawns
(begin
(if (= x 1) (sleep -1))
(if (= (volume_test_object spawner (list_get (players) 0)) true)
(begin
(object_create_anew v1)
(object_create_anew v2)
(object_create_anew v3)
(object_create_anew v4)
(object_create_anew v5)
(object_create_anew v6)
(set x 1)
)
)
)
)

I first tried using a simple script startup to automatically spawn them, but I started experimenting and ended up with this^. Nothing has changed though. I have also tried both object_create and object_create_anew.

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with functions in weapon tag May 30, 2013 10:48 AM (Total replies: 5)

Does any one have an answer for Yoda? I would like to see this work.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Deadlock May 28, 2013 12:12 PM (Total replies: 104)

Ok, here are the data files (bitmaps and max file) for the bsp only. This was wip, so it is far from finished. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj0eppp2wcaep8d/deadlock.rar
Edited by jawa on May 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » hud Apr 23, 2013 01:39 AM (Total replies: 35)

I believe health and shield meters work exactly the same. I used this health meter tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiI_1DRT38 to make a shield meter. As for the color halo ce adds color through guerilla.
Edited by jawa on Apr 23, 2013 at 01:40 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3d base attaching problems Apr 23, 2013 01:01 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
MAX 2012 doesn't support wrl import, get max 2010 32-bit or max 2014

If he does not want to upgrade 3ds he could also just get chimp.

Funny you should ask that, yoda literally just did that. You could ask him.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3d base attaching problems Apr 21, 2013 07:16 PM (Total replies: 6)

Have you imported the .wrl? If not, import the file "mapnamehere.wrl" in your halo ce root directory. Then look at the error geometry and fix the issues.

Halo CE General Discussion » Combine All The Good Stuff Apr 17, 2013 09:33 AM (Total replies: 21)

You know it is not that hard to do scenery physics in halo ce. Just use a vehicle.

Halo CE General Discussion » Artsy Fartsy Apr 16, 2013 05:16 PM (Total replies: 124)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: DMATH6
And did you know that instead of having to be restricted by the 6 per type vehicle limit on multiplayer maps that you can instead create an simple (object_create) command using scripts?
Edited by DMATH6 on Apr 16, 2013 at 09:20 AM

Would that sync? And would vehicles respawn?

I believe it does sync. I have successfully used it before. Unfortunately, I am currently trying to use it and am having issues with the client side, wierd (o.O). As the for respawn, no. You have to script that too.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » cant fix model =( Apr 16, 2013 12:24 AM (Total replies: 35)

If you still cannot see the .wrl correctly in 3ds you might want to try using chimp just to import the .wrl.

From what I can gather the lights are causing the errors. So you could try deleting them to make sure the errors go away. Then move them off the wall so there is an unnoticeable amount of space between them, or fuse them into the wall. One other thought, do you need to the lights to be bsp? If not you could make them scenery while everything else is bsp. Then there would be no overlap issues.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » cant fix model =( Apr 15, 2013 10:47 AM (Total replies: 35)

What are you using to import the .wrl? I have found that chimp and 3ds import the .wrl differently. Perhaps using a different importer will show the errors better.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » cant fix model =( Apr 13, 2013 11:52 PM (Total replies: 35)

Can you post exactly what tool says? It would really help, maybe a picture of tool. Also, is the error actually touching any geometry? Are there any other errors? And lastly, is this bsp or scenery? It looks bsp to me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Scripting Thread Mar 28, 2013 02:37 PM (Total replies: 244)

I am actually not using a sleep_until. But after taking another look at my script I may know the problem. I have a script continuous checking the trigger volume. I meant for the script to check then if you are in the trigger volume give you one lap, sleep 100, and then be ready for the next lap (so you cannot simply drive back and forth throught the start). But what I had continuously ran through check and then sleep. So I added the sleep to the if statement (instead of after) that is checking for the player. Now it will only sleep once it has detected you. Before I believe some of the times I went through it was sleeping.

Halo CE General Discussion » New forerunner sword base! Mar 27, 2013 06:15 PM (Total replies: 19)

That is pretty cool. Are you saying found that image in day 1 or made that yourself in day 1? btw You can see errors along the sides of it, retriangulate might help. Of course you can always manually editing tris too. Do you plan on adding much more detail?

Are you using a multi material on it? I know Blue streak has to have a multi material.
Quote: --- Original message by: LS NICOLAS
I use max 8

You can use chimp to import the .wrl if you need to.

Halo CE General Discussion » Scripting Thread Mar 26, 2013 10:56 PM (Total replies: 244)

I made a script the other day to make my own race game type, so I you could play race in slayer. I have two questions though. First my script is basically a trigger volume at the start, pass through it 3 times and you win. The problem is for some reason it does not always count it when you go through. I can make the trigger volume as big as I want (to allow more to register player), but it still will not always catch the player. Is there some way to fix that. Also I was making my own race mode because halo race does not allow normal vehicle spawn or scripts. Is there away around that?

Time: Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website