A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: LegionofShadows
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 05:41 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Post Statistics
LegionofShadows has contributed to 1125 posts out of 469343 total posts (.24%) in 2,990 days (.38 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 5, 2014 05:41 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Halo 4 is byfar one of the better entries in the series, and the most ambitious since H2. I'll play it any day over Reach or H2. And for whatever faults in the story, it actually has a story unlike H3, Reach, ODST. Hell, SPOPS as bad as it was had a better story than those 3.
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM

See, I don't get this. What was so wrong with Halo 2? True, the cliffhanger annoyed everyone, but once Halo 3 has come and gone... what is left? The integration of the two viewpoints - the Chief and the Arbiter - allowed the story and gameplay to become much more varied, and as a result, much more enjoyable. Gameplay was great - Quarantine Zone and the other snow-flood mission, I cannot remember it's name, were insanely fun for me. And the High Charity levels, especially the first one, gave a breath of fresh life into the environment.

Brutes were bullet sponges, which was awesome, and vehicular gameplay was better than ever. The only issue I have is the boss fight, but, to be honest, Halo 4's 'Run here, push a button, rinse and repeat' with the latter levels was boring, and too much of a grind.

Halo 4, while a good game in and of itself, did not live up to any of my expectations. The characters were weak; I only really liked Laskey, and that's because he was a cool personality. The Spartan IVs were not a factor in the campaign, and Del Rio was just too grouchy and annoying. The Covenant visuals were butt-ugly - lets make Elites almost nothing like previous entries, except for their mandibles, and the other species were so-so. The addition of green to EVERYTHING made me cringe - it's more extreme than the Covenant Seperatists green phantom paintjob. The weapons were okay, and the gameplay was fairly decent, apart from the aforementioned 'run here, press a button, rinse and repeat.' The story, while somewhat interesting because it was a new release, really, felt weak to me; weaker than ODST's. If that isn't a bad enough signal... It was a genuinely enjoyable campaign, I was really engrossed with it. I tried to get in as much time as I could in the early days. Then, I went and did a Legendary run, which, with the Prometheans, was a challenge, to say the least. Have I played the campaign since? No. Will I? No. No. No. I may pick the Mammoth level or the Infinity crash level, but no more.

Halo 3 had a story, and Halo Reach had a story. Both were interesting, replayable, and had truly awesome moments that characterise this series. The Charge of the Frigates in H3, the Sabre gameplay in Reach, to name a few. Halo Reach introduced new Spartans, for once, and they were good characters. A few more levels, some really in depth character development, and I might have felt something when they died. :|. However, it captured the feeling of desperation I expected, the feeling of all hope being lost. Halo 3 had a great campaign, and a great story - it was a non-stop ride (well, at the start) to the Ark, and then two questionable flood levels (the last 2... Ironically, the last 2 levels on Halo CE also felt the least enjoyable. These things do go around...)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 4, 2014 03:26 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
The wait trolls on :)
Any plans for custom music?

I think custom music would have to be very background sort, or just not in at all, because really... I'm not sure Martin O'Donell and Michael Salvatori can be matched. Anyway, there is a wealth of music to choose from (Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach... lets not include Halo 4's poor attempt at halo music.)

Halo CE General Discussion » One question Aug 3, 2014 03:44 AM (Total replies: 14)

It better be Dennis, because his beauty can only truly be captured on original Blam! with OS and 55,000K polies or more.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 3, 2014 02:47 AM (Total replies: 12123)

You should have kept that holo briefing in the pelican before the mission on A50, it looks absolutely badass.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Master Chief Collection Jul 31, 2014 04:37 AM (Total replies: 12)

I suppose I could have just continued talking on the Halo 2 Cinematics Thread, but I feel that a full on thread is deserved.

What are your thoughts on the collection of all four Master Chief games, and especially on Halo 2 Anniversary? I am absolutely loving these pre-rendered cutscenes - I still prefer the current method of cutscenes, which is generating it in-game, but these look absolutely fantastic. I mean, Johnson alone, is badass.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Collection PC Petition NOW!!!! Jul 29, 2014 04:49 AM (Total replies: 145)

Of the poll, or of this thread? IMO, I still don't know why I haven't seen this poll on any other forum.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Collection PC Petition NOW!!!! Jul 28, 2014 03:49 AM (Total replies: 145)

Well, considering most of the posters on this forum are juvenile and probably annoying teenagers, considering what every single thread ends up as (don't worry, I am one too) and most of you have 200-300 friends on Facebook, just all share the petition. You'll be bound to have some people who can spare 5 seconds to do some good in this world.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Jul 28, 2014 03:45 AM (Total replies: 854)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
I'm addicted to halo pc, screw the ps4.

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY CINEMATICS TRAILER Jul 28, 2014 03:43 AM (Total replies: 60)

I like the new Johnson. he looks like Apone from Aliens...

Which is exactly who he is.

On the subject of pre-rendered CGI, I love the way the new cutscenes look. They... just look beautiful. They still look classic Halo 2 though, which is excellent.

The best way to limit annoyance over pre-rendered CGI is to use exactly the same models for characters and core things, while still improving them and the surroundings visually, thereby still keeping a link.

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Gridiron Jul 28, 2014 03:26 AM (Total replies: 224)

Beautiful map, mate. I always love maps that stay true to the feeling of classic Halo - Lumoria, Revelations.

If you haven't removed the pelican yet, mayhaps you could either a) use an intact pelican and make it a static object, or b) add in a spirit instead, as a boarding craft.

Edit: After unsuccessfully attempting to gain access to your server about a dozen times, I want to give up and die. It just says I can't connect. :(
Edited by LegionofShadows on Jul 28, 2014 at 04:23 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Truth and reconciliation (still WIP) Jul 28, 2014 03:19 AM (Total replies: 18)

I like what you are attempting to do here, create a more authentic version of Halo - something that is really challenging, but authentic, unlike typical legendary/veteran style. Will you make the MA5B more accurate, as befitting... logic, I guess?

I'll have to do my checking, but an unarmoured Spartan could run sprint at 55 km/h.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE servers not showing up Jul 26, 2014 10:54 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vote4cake
I've started playing Halo Custom Edition online in 2008. Today, the game is shut down now. How sad.
Now what?

Kill thyself. It's better than life without Halo.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Jul 26, 2014 08:52 PM (Total replies: 1179)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington
I must seriously be the only delusional person that thoroughly enjoyed Halo 2 on this forum.

Nah, I too enjoyed it. I actually thought the campaign was great.

What is up with this Halo 2 Campaign hate? Aside from the loss of health, the questionable boss part, and sometimes repetitive boss parts.

It was a masterfully executed story, with tremendous music as usual.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 12, 2013 02:45 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: AllySuzumiya
Halo's canon was corrupted when they tried to make an extra buck with the books. It's first canonical corruption however occurred in Halo 2, when master chief dual wielded an smg and a spnker rocket launcher In the mission where he and several ODSTs were dropped down on the cliff side. Even further back, master chief cooked a grenade in Halo 2's TV spot. Another canon breaker was when he slid down that ship in halo 3. Logically, he was as heavy as the tank that fell from the ship, nearly. He wouldn't have slid. He would've plummeted. Oh, and every character in halo reach was cliche. Maverick, nerd, coolguy, smartass, levelhead and the loner. Great development. Halo never had a strong story. It was just interesting at best

I'm sorry, but the books (well... the Nylund ones) are some of the best I've read. My personal opinion, but he made a really good story there.

I also don't see how dual wielding an smg and a spnkr is a canonical corruption. He doesn't FIGHT dual wielding them; he simply took them both out at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VybS1C-4CAk

I'm sorry, but you're also wrong about him sliding down the ship in Halo 3. As he loses grip, he ends up in a backflip. When his hands are nearest to the floor, he grabs on, pulling his body onto the floor as well. He is trying to dig his hands in properly and get a good enough grip to stop the fall, which he does. He slides down because his hands are digging into the metal, grating against it.

A small amount of thought going into your post goes a long way.

The characters in Reach were bad though, I do admit that. They also didn't stay around for nearly long enough to develop the emotional bond they wanted.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 6, 2013 05:40 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
no he ment sarcasm!!!

I'm certain he meant stupidity.

To live in denial is to live a lie. Accept your stupidity child, and you shall be stronger.

And then decide to leave, please.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 6, 2013 02:51 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I'm going to ignore killer's stupidity because quite frankly I'm too tired to care.

Now, Masterz, will the AA wraith have anything special about it asides from the twin fuel rod cannons? Perhaps some sort of laser to replace the smaller plasma turrets?

you mean sarcasm

No. I'm pretty sure he means stupidity.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 5, 2013 02:26 AM (Total replies: 14973)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
lasgun anyone???
uses cmt carbine effects and all ill fix the contrail to be red soon but here take a look and tell what you think
https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/96/0qov.jpg
https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/834/ox07.jpg

I feel ashamed to say this, but this looks really good...

But your Guardsmen look like they were ripped straight from Dawn of War or Dawn of War 2.

With bad graphical settings.

well the guardsmen arent ripped from dow 2 or 1 if they where they would look messed and the dow models are tiny tiny they guardsmen are from a fallout new vegas mod
as for the gun from the mod if i knew how to rip from space marine or dow itll be cool :D
as for the head its a halo 3 marine head and graphic settings are all hd the model was made smaller for the guardsmen and gun to fit halo and yea tho for releases on these dow based tags give it more time till the guardsmen get a full finish and gun gets red laser beam thing

Oh, the VEGAS mod. I remember that. Slightly...

There was once going to be a 40k mod, however I know not of what happened to it. I wish I did. That looked bloody AWESOME.

If you release this, I will respect you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 4, 2013 03:13 AM (Total replies: 14973)

lasgun anyone???
uses cmt carbine effects and all ill fix the contrail to be red soon but here take a look and tell what you think
https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/96/0qov.jpg
https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/834/ox07.jpg

I feel ashamed to say this, but this looks really good...

But your Guardsmen look like they were ripped straight from Dawn of War or Dawn of War 2.

With bad graphical settings.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 4, 2013 03:02 AM (Total replies: 12123)

I like how the Spectre is actually formidable, while the Prowler...

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 27, 2013 09:05 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
well i just wanna no what the fraggin hell cmt has against me :(

It's what everyone has against you; You're an idiot who doesn't use grammar in any form except the primitive 8 year old form. You post crappy content, your "projects" always look ugly and you post things that are 0.2% done and have absolutely no decent content to show. You constantly post annoying, useless replies on threads and whenever people criticise you, you say "lol" or "whatever".

You want to know what CMT, sorry, everyone has against you? Look at your content, your worse than half-assed content, then tell me that you have no idea why people dislike you.

lol

See what I did thar? I predicted what would have happened if I had not posted this message. He would have said lol.

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 1:53 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website