A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Dumb AI
About Contact
Last Post: May 1, 2016 04:05 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Somewhat old
What Games do you play:
Dead.

Post Statistics
Dumb AI has contributed to 4364 posts out of 461383 total posts (.95%) in 2,014 days (2.17 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhsmn2dlhwA

Sean decided to do a thing with the origins and the heat meter.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Apr 30, 2016 03:52 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Quote: --- Original message by: gabrieloup
So, while there's no new replies these days, I'll contact the ERSB CEO's and see what they say about this mod (as in, getting this a rating). I'll chime back tomorrow when I get an answer.

Why are you going out of your way to get a mod rated?

Based on the information they have put out, they only deal with games and apps.

Edited by Dumb AI on Apr 30, 2016 at 03:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea for modders with no ideas : BRUTAL HALO Apr 24, 2016 07:10 PM (Total replies: 78)

This sounds ridiculous.

It is good that you are thinking outside the box but that is not always THE way to go.

Most of what you suggested are not impossible to do, back in the older days or now. However, I would like to say that some things exist, or do not exist, for a reason.

Edited by Dumb AI on Apr 24, 2016 at 07:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Apr 20, 2016 03:09 AM (Total replies: 476)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: videoman
-snip-

I don't ever recall them being on Unreal tho...
From the first showing its always been Unity hasn't it?

Always has been Unity.

Edited by Dumb AI on Apr 20, 2016 at 03:10 AM

Hmmmm

Quote: --- Original message by: ziko
Awesome, your new tagset got the h2a battle rifle working in my map!

Couple of things though, that you probably already now!

-No HUD for ammo count or grenades
-No reticle for weapon
-Ammo count of br is flickery (not solid)

It would be good if i could send you a pic of my in-game with battle rifle but im unsure how to on the forums.

Apart from that things are looking good, the weapon model, animations, sound and texture is spot on!

Cant wait for future updates!

You see, we expected people to choose their own HUDs to use with the BR.
That's why we didn't include a weapon HUD or grenade HUDs in this mini release.

Edited by Dumb AI on Mar 31, 2016 at 07:03 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Hey guys, I have some animations I need to add to sets, but to do this I have to go through the tedious and sometimes broken process of importing all animations in max, making my one single animation I wanna add, and then export it all back, it's a bit annoying, and personally it's really not fun to work on, I know of the animation editor by Kornman00, but that just seems to replace anims, rather then add, is there any tool or way to inject new animations into existing model_animations tags?
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Feb 23, 2016 at 05:44 PM

I believe it's possible to replace a fake animation you add in Guerilla.

I've only done this once with the CMT Spartan and Zteam Spartan animations though so I can not guarantee it will work.

Edited by Dumb AI on Feb 23, 2016 at 06:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » field of view for 4:3 monitors Jan 18, 2016 07:59 PM (Total replies: 41)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Fun fact: FOV is one of the (many) advantages of playing split-screen when doing 2v2's in CE. The FOV is absolutely jacked.

That's, what, 8:3? Use 16:3 like a real pro.

I prefer 13:37.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 11, 2016 10:22 PM (Total replies: 936)

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

no

wrong

kay

They can be set up in the same way in max. Just import a bsp form Reach or something and look on how the materials are set up by the scripts. You can copy that over to use with Halo 4 materials. Ez

Very well, I will try that. Thank you.

Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Why isn't there a gravity gun in Halo yet? Jan 11, 2016 10:08 PM (Total replies: 16)

It works a lot better than I thought it would. Zero scripting too, huh?

Bravo, sir.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 11, 2016 09:41 PM (Total replies: 936)

CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM

You're wrong, most of the BSP's in the other games use CC masks to combine multiple materials in a similar way to Halo 4 armor colors work... But what do I know? I just work on the program haha

Alright then, I am wrong.

I can not say the same about what I said within the context and scope established on this page. What you directed me to is not applicable for what I aimed to do, and for whatever reason, the two different CC setups are treated as if they could be processed the same way.

To answer your rhetorical question, I'd say you certainly would know quite a bit, though there are few things that you may need to work on.

Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 8, 2016 06:12 PM (Total replies: 936)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?

Look at the OP for how they work.

Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down

I don't have time to fully explain it right now, but you can set it up in Max via a color change mask. If you import something from Reach (usually something covenant) the CC mask is setup for you by the import script in the material.
Edited by ElijahB1 on Jan 7, 2016 at 05:12 PM

CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Reus Official Thread 2016 / WIP's & releases! Jan 6, 2016 09:45 PM (Total replies: 156)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
What's up with the h1 animations?

Apparently, it's a recreation of the Assault Rifle seen in Halo CE Anniversary, which uses the Halo 3 model and Halo 1 animations.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 6, 2016 at 09:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » script problem Dec 28, 2015 03:36 PM (Total replies: 4)

This line might be the issue.
(sleep_until (< 4 (ai_conversation_status cliff_welcome ))1 )(set global_cliff_welcome true ))

The right parenthesis at the end (red) goes with the left one at the beginning of the script.

Maybe you could try this:

(sleep_until (< 4 (ai_conversation_status cliff_welcome )) 1)
(set global_cliff_welcome true )
)

Edited by Dumb AI on Dec 28, 2015 at 03:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I make a game engine like blam? Dec 28, 2015 03:32 PM (Total replies: 156)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
so where is the programming background to support the statement?

I'm pretty sure Mootjuh meant the Halo 3 UI for CE.

Halo CE General Discussion » script problem Dec 27, 2015 11:55 PM (Total replies: 4)

It appears the script is missing a right parenthesis.

You are going to need to find where that missing parenthesis should be. If you are not sure how or where, post the script here.

There may also be additional problems with that part of the whole script.

Edited by Dumb AI on Dec 27, 2015 at 11:58 PM

There is always next year, right?

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 22, 2015 01:14 PM (Total replies: 14949)

Left thumb should really wrap around something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Dec 21, 2015 12:25 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124
So....why exactly are CE people afraid of Halo Online? What's wrong with more Halo games on PC?

I like to think that we are afraid of the trolls who keep making threads of about it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Recruiting] In Need Of Some Talent Dec 20, 2015 05:57 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: SupaTrolol
Wow, looks like you reeled in the whole gang. Hi there, AI.

What's up, Supa-Man?

Jesse, I'll contact you through Skype and PM.

Time: Thu March 23, 2017 8:11 AM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website