A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: jameboy
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011 05:23 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo: Reach , Halo Custom Edition, Portal 2, Battlefield 3 (in the future)

Post Statistics
jameboy has contributed to 220 posts out of 467774 total posts (.05%) in 4,532 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 27, 2011 05:23 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Nice, so this is what the suprise Masterz talked about on youtube.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Error Jul 23, 2011 12:19 PM (Total replies: 8)

can you posts some pics.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Error Jul 23, 2011 01:02 AM (Total replies: 8)

Do I need to put any tags inside this new folder that i named after my scenario?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Error Jul 23, 2011 12:24 AM (Total replies: 8)

Didn't work, now tool or sapien wont recognize the scenario.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Error Jul 22, 2011 11:56 PM (Total replies: 8)

Is there a way to bypass the "There are no more free tagslots error." Because I am trying to add something which is pretty crucial to my maps gameplay, but I don't want to get rid of anything else. I am using Tool Pro and it still doesn't avoid the error. Any other builds of tool that can bypass this error?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fake Lag Jul 15, 2011 12:39 PM (Total replies: 9)

That's because you have to compile the map, which would mean making a whole new map all together. Just do what NEO said and use a trainer, unless you feel like releasing the map on halomaps so other people can play it.

EDIT: If you did compile, tell me the numbers you changed initial velocity, final velocity, and air damage scale to.
Edited by jameboy on Jul 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fake Lag Jul 13, 2011 06:04 PM (Total replies: 9)

Ya i know, I realized that and posted it in my EDIT.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fake Lag Jul 13, 2011 05:00 PM (Total replies: 9)

Just use HEK+ to rip the scenario, and any weapons assosiated with the map (recursivly extracting the scenario will take care of that) and edit projectile tags in guerilla and compile.

EDIT: By local server, he meant a server that he doesn't start up didn't he. *DERP* ok now I know what you mean.
Edited by jameboy on Jul 13, 2011 at 05:02 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fake Lag Jul 13, 2011 04:16 PM (Total replies: 9)

Go into the projectile tag of each weapon in Guerilla and scroll down to where it says Physics, its near the bottom. Change initial velocity, final velocity and air damage range to low numbers.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sounds and Explosions dissapear Jul 13, 2011 04:03 PM (Total replies: 2)

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by jameboy on Jul 15, 2011 at 01:08 PM
Edited by jameboy on Jul 15, 2011 at 01:08 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sounds and Explosions dissapear Jul 12, 2011 08:38 PM (Total replies: 2)

On the AI mod I'm making, after about 5 minutes in the game, all explosions of any type disappear and when I try to shoot my gun, it doesn't have a sound. I placed the exact same amount of AI in another map I made, and I didn't have this same problem. Could it be the sound tags for one of the weapons or AI that is causing this?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script error Jul 8, 2011 03:29 PM (Total replies: 6)

I removed a whole bunch of stuff from the scenario and Im still getting the "program too big to fit in memory" error....

Edit: I fixed that error, apparently i had placed soo many encounters under AI that it overloaded my tool_pro file, so I downloaded it again and now I am able to compile. I got rid of the switch bsp thing, because it will just overload my map. Now I am trying to have two UI options from the main menu to spawn an encounter that kills everybody. I got the widgets to work in game, and when i press the on button for them they spawn, but when i press the off button they dont dissapear and are still there. I put (ai_kill killers) and (ai_erase killers) in my script but still nothing. btw killers is the name of the encounter.
Edited by jameboy on Jul 8, 2011 at 05:31 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script error Jul 8, 2011 12:56 AM (Total replies: 6)

No, i know its not the script. I mean a limit for the scenario size because I added a whole nother bsp and like 5 more Encounters under AI. It doesnt save anything in debug.txt but I get this error that says "Program too big to fit in memory" in tool.

Edited by jameboy on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Edited by jameboy on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script error Jul 7, 2011 11:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Its a multiplayer map with AI, and I found another script that works even better than that one. My only problem is that now when I try to compile, I get an error saying that there is not enough memory. :( Curse these limitations!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script error Jul 7, 2011 03:18 PM (Total replies: 6)

Im trying to implement the Time of Day option in my map now, so I copied a portion of the script from Coldsnap that has the option for this. When i try to compile, I get this error:

07.07.11 14:06:23 [tod line 3] the "print" call requires exactly 1 arguments.: (print condom removed)
07.07.11 14:06:23 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
07.07.11 14:06:23 [tod line 2] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (begin

This is the script I am using:
(script static void tod
(begin
(print condom removed)
(if
(=
(structure_bsp_index) 0)
(switch_bsp 1)
(switch_bsp 0))
(object_create_anew refresh1)
(object_create_anew refresh2)
(object_create_anew refresh3)
(if
(= gametype 1) tod)
(if
(= gametype 2) tod)
(if
(= gametype 3) tod)
(if
(= gametype 4) tod)
(print condom replaced)))

Is there another script I could use that would work for this?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Brute v2 Hammer Melee Jul 4, 2011 10:19 PM (Total replies: 4)

It works now! I downloaded the new brute tags you posted and they now melee without freezing. Must have been a setting in the biped or something or something messed up with the animations.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Brute v2 Hammer Melee Jul 4, 2011 08:41 PM (Total replies: 4)

I believe I ripped the brutes from the spv2 campaign beta last summer. The gravity hammer has the plasma rifle label, and im pretty sure the brutes should be able to use them. In uprising, they were able to melee the player with the hammer without freezing. The map is protected though and I have to use eternal lightning, so idk which biped tag is the brute. The brute has a melee animation in its slot too, so it confuses me very much that they keep freezing and dying.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Brute v2 Hammer Melee Jul 4, 2011 03:05 PM (Total replies: 4)

I'm trying to make an AI mod. I gave a cmt brute a gravity hammer (from the single player map uprising) and every time he melee's, his biped freezes and he dies shortly afterwords. I tried going into the model animations and tweaking, but nothing has worked thus yet. Any suggestions?
Edited by jameboy on Jul 4, 2011 at 03:09 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Chapter Title Jul 2, 2011 06:28 PM (Total replies: 10)

FIXED IT!!!

I changed the script to this:

(script startup gametitle
(begin
(cinematic_show_letterbox true)
(cinematic_set_title tgw3)
(sleep 275)
(cinematic_show_letterbox false)
)
)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Chapter Title Jul 1, 2011 09:23 PM (Total replies: 10)

Ok I see what you mean now, I just wasn't going into properties mode when I clicked on Mission in Hierarchy. I thought you meant that it was actually under mission in the Hierarchy view. And the unicode string list is selected in Sapien aswell, and yes I have been compiling the scripts and they have compiled successfully. Still nothing though, it's really frustrating me.

Time: Tue December 11, 2018 7:25 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website