A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: P3
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 07:13 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
P3 has contributed to 1365 posts out of 461590 total posts (.30%) in 1,946 days (.70 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Sandtrap model rip request Feb 19, 2017 07:13 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks for those, but someone got the rip for me. I'll post progress of the redesign when I have something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Sandtrap model rip request Feb 19, 2017 06:46 PM (Total replies: 3)

Can anyone get me a model rip of Halo 3's map Sandtrap? I want to do a redesign of it but want the actual model for reference.

Halo CE General Discussion » been a while Feb 13, 2017 11:06 PM (Total replies: 23)

I'm a bit curious to know your rate if you don't mind. (Could PM and chat some)

Ah. So it was made back in the days where everyone was cautious and used protection.
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Halo CE General Discussion » P3's WIP or Finished stuff Jan 3, 2017 04:42 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Acid is sort of a xeno thing. Moreover the floods MO is more to absorb and takeover rather to kill.

Hispeed flood spore ordinace seems enough really.

Could be used to break down biomass for absorption or something of the like.

Halo CE General Discussion » P3's WIP or Finished stuff Jan 3, 2017 12:53 AM (Total replies: 8)

Been a good while since I posted anything here so-.

_________

And a Halo Flood Carrier idea I had.

Just an idea for the Flood Carrier form from Halo. It spits out acidic Flood Spores at high speeds when at a distance, and melees with its tentacle arms that can retract or extend into its body when in closer range. When it's near death, dies, or in some close quarter encounters, it will explode, splattering and leaving a puddle of acid along with its usual bunch of Flood Spores that does no acid damage.
_________
My deviantart
http://p3lor.deviantart.com/

Halo CE General Discussion » A Little History Dec 20, 2016 07:08 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Edited by Masters1337 on Dec 18, 2016 at 06:09 AM

____

Captain Keyes

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 30, 2016 12:26 AM (Total replies: 11225)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Slight correction, that's the CSGO reload whereas he was using the CSS reload which can be found here

o.O I stand corrected.

What? HOW?!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jul 5, 2016 07:04 AM (Total replies: 156)

Wall of text-

I seriously think that the Plasma pistols should not have had the energy draining if you were to hold the overcharge thingy. I feel that it is more of a multiplayer balancing thing and not really good for single player campaign stuff. It's kind of unnecessary and pointless in single player if you ask me. I don't even want to pick up any of the Plasma pistols just because of how dumb and how fast the draining is when you hold an overcharge.

Brute shot and Gravity grenades are all you need for the whole campaign in any situations and difficulties.

Usable Jackal shields are pointless and visually get in the way when using. It would have probably been a lot better if it was to zoom out to third person when using it or something. Maybe if you guys still want it in first person then do something like the shield is off to the side, almost off the screen to the right side, and then when you want to use it you hold down the mouse button and first person arms would move the shield in front like blocking. *Also shield bashing melee would have been cooler. ;)

DMR bullet spread over time is way too big.

Those armless animal thingies are super pointless how you guys implemented them. They look like they are just everywhere and they just stand there unless you attack a few. They are really unnecessary and takes up space. It feels like they are only there just for the purpose of having them.

Marine helmet is blocky... :l

I'm wondering why the Brutes are super naked now. They looked better more armored before.

Sprint felt really choppy... Probably be best to just remove the camera movement or whatever you want to call it.

A10:
I still disliked and got sort of lost at times in the big open room areas with the vertical combat, whatever those places are supposed to be for. The hex pattern on the Covenant boarding ships should be fixed around the door way...
__
A30:
The choice of enemy encounter or whatever is pretty poor in the very beginning where the Phantom detects you at your crash site. I mean like, they were all Brutes... It just felt weird to start off with a group like that. *This was on normal difficulty too. If it was on any other difficulty, it would have been a clusterfu-k. >.>

Also the Phantom that drops the group off sinks into the ground for a bit and then flies off.

There also seem to be some kind of invisible object or collision issue going on in the air/area right next to the crashed escape pod. It's not something ignorable either. It takes up a pretty big area. You can walk through it and stuff but bullets and thrown grenades won't. It seems that it is only on one side though. If you were to be looking from the waterfall side to the escape pod and off the cliff, it would be the area to the left of the escape pod.
__
A50:
Disappointment. It didn't seem like there was anything special about it. It felt like it was pretty much just a tag swap for the most part.
__
B30:
Disappointment. It didn't seem like there was anything special about it. It felt like it was pretty much just a tag swap for the most part.
__
B40:
Still felt eh, but I guess it did feel better then the original some.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 24, 2016 07:53 PM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb4LuYCXIAAhGZC.jpg:large

There is an error. You guys typed "on on" in the sentence, "When someone completes all missions with all skulls on on Noble (AKA NASO), we will unlock all skulls on by default for all players."
Edited by P3 on Feb 24, 2016 at 07:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Jan 4, 2016 07:46 AM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Microsoft Sam
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Quote: --- Original message by: Microsoft Sam
What does Installation 01 have to do with Installation 01?

I was thinking this as well. I think once your project leaves Pre-Alpha, a more suitable/relevant name needs to be given.

Also, for future trailers/teasers, never use "The Ultimate Halo Fan Tribute" as the trailer winds up. It's sophomoric and really cheesy (not in the good way either). Humble words would do better, at least until you're out of Beta.

It looks cool! I wish I knew Unity to help out, but sadly I am not versed at all.
"Your?"

I think his first sentence was him agreeing with you and the rest was him referring back to the I01 team.

So how is progress other then needing voice actors?

Halo CE General Discussion » Machinima Team Sep 11, 2015 08:30 AM (Total replies: 21)

Is it too late to join this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Sep 10, 2015 06:15 PM (Total replies: 391)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
They'll show stuff when they have stuff to show.

Yeah, but the last update was like half a year ago I think?

And they could just say, that they got a bit further, or that they didn't have any time to work on the project cause of ... reason, I would like that if more people do that like a monthly update, just telling if they got further

In most cases promised incremental updates do nothing but hinder development, because it sets an expectation to have some sort of update, that something must be made, even if the quality is questionable.

I for one am happy that, just like with TSC:E, its being kept under wraps until something significant is ready.

I didn't mean like promising for an update, but like just telling if there is something to tell

I'm sure if they had anything to tell, they would be telling it and not telling that they have something to tell but not telling what is going to be told.

General Machinima Discussions » MM101 Delroth (halo animation project) Aug 25, 2015 08:55 PM (Total replies: 5)

Pretty good start. Some parts were really rough though. ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 15, 2015 09:47 AM (Total replies: 11225)

Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
Started modeling on some part of my project thing that I keep spoiling. The lightbridge sucks so I'm gonna replace it with the gondola.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMcrBhKVAAAlfRj.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMcrgbGUcAAbuIg.png:large

Can you render with brighter lighting? They seem a bit dark.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » The Discovery [beta] single-player Jul 30, 2015 12:44 PM (Total replies: 17)

Pics?

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
TSCE BR please, it's leagues ahead.

no, i hate it by all our other tags. i might aswell scrap my entire tagset and use cmt.

Well, the CMT TSCE BR looks more fitting aesthetically with the rest of that current tagset then Mike's BR in my opinion. You guys should just go all custom if Mike's BR is going to be used.

Halo CE General Discussion » Badass shadows needed Jul 15, 2015 11:37 PM (Total replies: 8)

Here you go. This should help with darkening shadows in general and stuff.

Get GEMFX with the configurator. In the "General" tab, enable either "Realistic Shader" or "TrueColor Shader". Next after you have chosen one of them. Go to the "Basic Shader" tab and change the settings under the shader type that you chose (RealisticColor Settings / TrueColor Settings). Then here is the settings where it allows you to brighten or darken all shadows in the game. Go to Shadow Depth under the settings that you had enabled and then move the bar to the right to increase overall shadow darkness (This should only affect shadow darkness in games). You could also enable SSAO too to make it better. Tell me if this helped. ;)

(Please note. You may have to do other tweaking for the whole configurator to get the game to look right.)

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 9, 2015 01:45 PM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
Rips are awesome, custom are for noobs.

Then why and what do you need skilled and experienced modelers for...? :l
Edited by P3 on Jul 9, 2015 at 01:46 PM

Time: Thu March 30, 2017 10:29 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website