A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: 1337
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 29, 2019 05:06 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Game
Don't be daft. wrap your shaft
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
1337 has contributed to 115 posts out of 464915 total posts (.02%) in 3,141 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thanks Dennis, that fixed it

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Halo 2 Vista maps on Xbox? Dec 28, 2019 07:43 AM (Total replies: 3)

You can (sort of).

There's no one click solution like arsenic for halo 2, which is probably what you used for Halo 1. You can port the maps yourself if you rip the bsps from H2V and use xbox modding tools to recreate them, but it's a lot of work to get two maps working in a 15 year old game on a two generations old console.

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
snip
Edited by Pepzee on Dec 24, 2019 at 11:33 PM

It's very unlikely that an official editing kit will be released for any of the MCC games, especially now that every main halo title has forge mode. I don't know for sure, but I believe that the halo reach mods you've seen videos of were either already reach mods for the 360 or created using the same tools. Of course, they are much more popular and visible because unlike on the 360, modding reach on the MCC won't get your live account permabanned.

Hi,

I've just reinstalled halo custom edition on my laptop, and it runs great - on my integrated graphics, that is. Whenever I force it to use my nvidia card, the game starts fine but the only thing displayed is the loading screen. The game loads properly, and I can hear the menu sounds if I move the mouse, but the only thing I can see is the loading screen.

My specs are
CPU: Intel i7-4510U
GPU: Nvidia GT 840M 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Also, if it helps, I have no issues running Halo pc, only custom edition. I'm using universal ui 1.1, but other than that it's a fresh install.

Halo CE General Discussion » Product Key for Halo Custom Edition Dec 28, 2019 05:54 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
snip

Is this trolling? I just can't tell anymore

It's very unlikely.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map ideas for map makers Dec 21, 2019 06:37 AM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
That being said, remakes from Marathon would be something I'm down for.
Edited by Tachikoma on Sep 30, 2019 at 05:53 AM

Huh, I don't think I've ever seen a marathon map remake, which is weird now I think about it.

If you enable devmode I think that loading ui.map manually plays the halo ring animation without the menu (don't quote me on this).
The command is "map_name ui"

Sorry if this doesn't work, I don't have hce installed so I can't check atm.
Edited by 1337 on Dec 24, 2019 at 06:13 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Data Pad like items? Dec 21, 2019 06:26 AM (Total replies: 1)

It's in the a10 scripts iirc. Won't work in multiplayer maps afaik.

My original Halo PC also had working bumped glass

check your video settings guys.

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
did they really just port a bad port?

underrated post.

Halo CE General Discussion » No Lead Kiddies - Prepare to Cry Bloody Murder Nov 12, 2014 04:45 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: FrostyVA
So all you kiddies that rely on no lead... You can cry now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Edges and Weapon Models Aug 25, 2014 12:38 AM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
They do not. If its something like a weapon model or scenery (not collision) then it wont count. Open edges and stuff only count if its rendering it as a collision.

Thanks Sean :)

Halo CE General Discussion » UUI Update 2 Public Beta Aug 25, 2014 12:34 AM (Total replies: 68)

+1 to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Edges and Weapon Models Aug 25, 2014 12:20 AM (Total replies: 3)

Do the open edge/sealed world rules apply to first and/or third person weapon models? I know they apply to collision models but I am unsure if they apply to the actual weapon model.

I ask because I am currently modelling a weapon where I could save many polygons by breaking the sealed world rule, but I am unsure if that will affect my ability to get it ingame.

Thanks for any help guys!

Halo CE General Discussion » PM me if you want tags. Aug 25, 2014 12:17 AM (Total replies: 14)

you are the most illegitimate person on halomaps.org.

Altheros pls go

Halo CE General Discussion » someone create this Aug 25, 2014 12:03 AM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: solitude
Quote: --- Original message by: Darkzealotx

No, learn to model.
Edited by Darkzealotx on Aug 24, 2014 at 01:51 PM

No, am lazy. But you know anyone who can create this? They will get credits you know.

That attitude will get you nowhere in life.

Halo CE General Discussion » The gauntlet has been thrown down! Aug 24, 2014 11:58 PM (Total replies: 20)

In on thread for Dennis ice water challenge

Halo CE General Discussion » what is the strangest maps you have ever seen? Aug 19, 2014 05:07 AM (Total replies: 21)

any latino map

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE & VirtualBox Aug 16, 2014 09:39 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: reeiiko
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
Quote: --- Original message by: reeiiko
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
what mac are you using?
MacBookPro8,1
here ya go mate http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?25120-Release-Halo-Custom-Edition-for-Mac
Thanks, I found that after I saw your comment and decided to search Google for a Mac version. Unfortunately it gets stuck on "Wineskin is busy..." before installing, or something along those lines. It was stuck like that for about an hour so I just cancelled it. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

is dual boot not an option or...?

Time: Tue July 7, 2020 3:20 PM 343 ms.
A Halo Maps Website