A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: game user10
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 25, 2017 01:29 PM
Interests: Modding
Your Age: Hint: It's a number
What Games do you play: Halo Custom Edition, Machines: Wired for War, World of Tanks, Left 4 Dead 2
Who is the Overseer?

Post Statistics
game user10 has contributed to 529 posts out of 462983 total posts (.11%) in 1,999 days (.26 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help with AI driving Mar 25, 2017 01:29 PM (Total replies: 2)

Can you be more specific? Do you need them to get in the vehicles or do you want to have them drive properly (as best as the AI can, anyway)?

Halo CE General Discussion » Syncing AI components. Mar 25, 2017 01:26 PM (Total replies: 27)

Oh that's cool. I remember a few years ago I'd have a pelican drop the player off (though working with recorded animations was an absolute pain).

Maybe I can do that again. There's a better version of the animation recorder thing, right?

How about that lone ODST on a Covenant-infested captured UNSC ship? Heart of the Midlothian, I think.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to give bipeds ai Aug 4, 2016 07:07 AM (Total replies: 3)

ai_attach command. Don't remember the arguments for it, though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Questions about Sapien and map compiling Nov 12, 2015 08:27 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Agoodusername
1. Within Sapien, I have been toying around with AI a fair bit and have noticed that there are no explosions from their grenades thrown or sounds of weapon fire. I am curious if there has been an extraction issue or that is simply how Sapien runs the game.

2. How do you make AI spawn later within the map? I have tried squad delays, ticking not initially made/spawned and tried to tamper around with respawn times.

3. Once I am done with tinkering around with my map, how would I be able to play it? I know this is a newbie question and I have checked around on other forums. Though from what I have gathered I need to make use of the Tool.exe and perhaps even compile scripts.

1. Effects don't seem to occur in Sapien. Explosions, decals, lights, etc. Which is why grenades in Sapien don't do much.
2. The spawn delays and timers work, just make sure that min respawn count is less than the maximum. The minimum count is kinda like "there must be this amount of this squad on the map at all times, regardless of circumstances." Spawn timers kick in when the minimum count is reached, and spawning is temporarily disabled when it hits the max count.
Edited by game user10 on Nov 12, 2015 at 08:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How many years halo ce will live? Mar 12, 2015 04:01 AM (Total replies: 55)

This topic keeps getting brought up ad nauseaum. We can just burn that bridge when we get there, quit with the predictions...

Halo CE General Discussion » To my fellow members... Dec 18, 2014 10:00 PM (Total replies: 15)

I think the game crashes when the biped being infected dies before he's "converted."

Halo CE General Discussion » What FOV do you play at? (A Halomaps Poll) Sep 13, 2014 09:30 PM (Total replies: 33)

Default.

Halo CE General Discussion » Invisible rocket trick? Jul 23, 2014 12:04 AM (Total replies: 13)

Probably gonna make a lot of pros not wanting secrets revealed mad at me for this but...
Phantom shooting, basically zoom in and press the melee key, then shoot.
I don't think the server checks whether players are zoomed or not, so it doesn't stop them from meleeing.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » True Multiplayer bots Jun 11, 2014 09:22 PM (Total replies: 10)

Gamma's gotten pretty close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub4Ebu1oGe8

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 29, 2014 03:14 AM (Total replies: 11967)

Pretty sure it's cuz accuracy matters a heck of a lot here, so headshot weapons are the way to go.
Plus it would be hard to not award accurate weapons with headshot capabilities.

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 29, 2014 03:04 AM (Total replies: 14)

It's too bad I lost my maps in a motherboard death.
I could've sworn I uploaded a video of it on YT tho...

Halo CE General Discussion » *Map Request* Easy/Moderate Difficulty May 26, 2014 01:55 PM (Total replies: 14)

I made a mod similar to this, it was basically zombies on ratrace (one-hit kill melee). Some I gave camo, so it was jumpscares galore.
You got spawnkilled a lot tho...

Halo CE General Discussion » Possible Halo Television Show May 26, 2014 01:37 PM (Total replies: 26)

Since a large part of Halo is killing those guys, shooting these guys and blowing up the other guys, I'm excited to see this.
But yeah this is sorta old news.

Halo CE General Discussion » When will the next HAC2 be released? May 7, 2014 12:34 PM (Total replies: 51)

Using both and playing stock maps works great for me. Except the part where you have to press Esc when you have to use F7.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Community Challenges! May 5, 2014 11:37 AM (Total replies: 69)

Lol we did this over at =DG=. Let's see if I can remember some...
Headshot a vehicle driver
Capture the flag with a partner in a warthog. No deaths.
Kill an enemy by throwing a vehicle at them (explosions, driving off a cliff)
Kill two people with one sniper bullet
Kill an enemy in a warthog passenger seat with non-heavy weapons while the hog is in motion
more coming soon...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1 servers saved by Gameranger Apr 30, 2014 02:22 AM (Total replies: 29)

http://www.gameranger.com/news/
Quote:
April 29, 2014
Halo 1 now on GameRanger.
The Halo 1 series for PC can now be played on GameRanger and won't suffer the fate of the server shutdowns next month:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo: Combat Evolved Demo
Halo: Custom Edition

Halo CE General Discussion » Is a flagnum possible? Apr 15, 2014 12:12 PM (Total replies: 26)

Probably, just changing 1p/3p models and such and turning the flag into an actual weapon.

You need to use list_get (players) 0

Still hoping it's all just a sick april fools' joke.

Time: Mon May 29, 2017 11:13 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website