A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Hobbet360
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 6, 2016 09:26 PM
Interests: Music, Sound Production, Guitars, Women, my band, Crimson Gates; Vocals and Guitar
Your Age: 25 - 4 - 1998 DMY
What Games do you play: Is ProTools a game? (Too much CSGO)
ProTools > ToolPro
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Hobbet360 has contributed to 871 posts out of 462344 total posts (.19%) in 1,938 days (.45 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Modded campaign update Dec 6, 2016 09:26 PM (Total replies: 10)

Spartans that literally kick ass, it's a yes from me.

Mongoose: Where is the engine Other than that... <3 me gusta

I like this, this is goodrilla.

Am curious as to how "Ability to move a tag/tags and all tags that reference them are updated" would work. rip

Halo CE General Discussion » Post Your Nudes And Intimate Details... May 26, 2015 06:08 AM (Total replies: 71)

Here is my main computer with it's extra completely different and not even LCD screen.

Here is my mouse, phantom power unit for my mic and all the money I have ever saved in my life.

Here is a bunch of CDs

Here is my phone and headset (and guitar strings)

Here are the amps I use in gigs.

Here is my practice amp which is dying.

Here is my minibar fridge

SX Telecaster Custom remake of the Fender Tele.

Factory new Gibson SG Special

Cort Cutaway Acoustic and a painting I did when I took art. (lel)

Here is my cam and gaming mic.

Here is my MXL 770 Condenser mic for instruments and vocal recording. (like my band on Facebook)

Closer look;

Decorations,

Me GoPro, bro.

-RS
Edited by Hobbet360 on May 26, 2015 at 06:17 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Thorn Beast Model [RELEASE] Jan 25, 2015 06:00 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Joker
I hope someone going to take over this.

This would be fantastic for SP like lumoria example.

*Clears throat as if hinting something*

*Then leaves forums again expecting to come back with progress but doesn't once again*

Halo CE General Discussion » I challenge you.... Dec 12, 2014 08:15 PM (Total replies: 8)

Altis94, it was indeed a UV mapping error, though specifically, I found that it was the mapping itself, not the model; id est the way the UVs were mapped.

If anyone gets this error in the future, redo the UVs completely.

Halo CE General Discussion » I challenge you.... Dec 12, 2014 06:20 AM (Total replies: 8)

Sorry for the late reply, the uh... <yxorp< that I was using to post malfunctioned... :3

There was no debug.wrl created, which usually is always created during anything to do with models other than the BSP structure command, though I went though the structure command's separate wrl, id est, "mayan_01.wrl" and found 2 triangles that were not compiled into warning strings nor errors, I'll edit this post once I compile a fixed version.

EDIT:

NIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIENNIEN

Nope.

*Goes cries*

#Not starting again... I've been working on this since before October. D:
Edited by Hobbet360 on Dec 12, 2014 at 06:40 AM
Edited by Hobbet360 on Dec 12, 2014 at 06:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloMaps.com is back online! Dec 12, 2014 05:35 AM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Quote: --- Original message by: VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I still am.

I still am for another 18 days :D and sorry e3po, hi I guess

Happy Birthday!

Wait.... it's not Christmas yet...

...or did somebody get married!!?? O:

Halo CE General Discussion » I challenge you.... Dec 12, 2014 05:12 AM (Total replies: 8)

I challenge you....

... to solve this exception... ;)

EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\structures\radiosity\intermediate_radiosity.c,#937: incoming_edge_uv1: assert_valid_real_point2d(-1.#IND00, -1.#IND00)

This challenge is only for the most daring of you all...

All Googled solutions result in that of stupidity.

:)

Halo CE General Discussion » What's the skill you want to learn the most? Oct 21, 2014 07:40 AM (Total replies: 62)

Motivation and organisation.

Oh.. and I want to draw.

Oh... and I want to know how to use functions properly.

Oh... and I want to know how to HUD.

Oh... and I want to know how to have a better aesthetic flow in gameplay regarding enounters, ect.

I can model.
I can UV.
I can script.
I can voice act.
I can animate.
I can weapon.
I can biped.
I can vehicle.
I can physics.
I can music.
I can effect.
I can visualize.
I can write.
I can math.
I can populate.
I can sculpt.
I can bitmap.
I can tag.
I can basic/intermediate encounter.
I can shader.
I can sky.
I can rig.

And best of all... I can rip.

But it would be good to be better at what I can do as well.

Edited by Hobbet360 on Oct 21, 2014 at 07:42 AM
Edited by Hobbet360 on Oct 22, 2014 at 05:53 AM
Edited by Hobbet360 on Oct 22, 2014 at 05:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I'm here to give my demands. Oct 18, 2014 12:44 AM (Total replies: 36)

He's not joking...

Halo CE General Discussion » exporting error Oct 11, 2014 03:05 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
press F11 (in gmax, not so sure about 3DS max) and go heapsize += 30000000 (if you have 4 gig or more of memory, if you have 8 gig make it 7 not 3. the trouble is that the program only allocates a certain amount of ram to itself, the program cannot export because it has insufficient ram, heap size will increase this amount.

Elaboration:

If you still gets that error, then it has too many triangles to be in HaloCE; optimize or get a better game engine.

If you add too much heapsize then either 2 things will happen.

1. The command will not be accepted. (-- Runtime error: Unable to increase heap size to: <exceeded numeral>)

2. Upon exportation, there will be no data written into the Listener, in turn Tool will reject it. (0Kb, ERROR: wrong version number)

I just thought I'd elaborate in case he increases the heapsize limit too much and doesn't know why it didn't work.

[:)]

Halo CE General Discussion » Uncompressing animation data? Oct 2, 2014 06:01 AM (Total replies: 3)

Yeah, nah, yeah, nah, yeah, nah, nup.

I'm using the Bluestreak Animation Importer to get the level specific chief cinematic animations from A50, though they are compressed because they are from A50.map and everything in the map is compressed, and Bluestreak can only import the raw animation data from an uncompressed graph; so I guess if anyone has an uncompressed version of that animation graph found in,
"C//tags/cinematics/animations/chief/level_specific/A50/<a50.model_animation>

...that would also be appreciated, though to decompress - or get my hands on all of the animation data that's uncompressed - would be handy for future endeavors.

Though currently I am animating a scene from scratch, so it's no emergency since I am nearing completion.
Edited by Hobbet360 on Oct 2, 2014 at 06:02 AM
Edited by Hobbet360 on Oct 2, 2014 at 06:02 AM

Hillbilly_Mudbog... such times...

Halo CE General Discussion » Uncompressing animation data? Oct 2, 2014 12:43 AM (Total replies: 3)

How is it done, if possible that is.

I need this to save me from having to reanimate something instead of just changing the bones-set.
Edited by Hobbet360 on Oct 2, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Hello, I haven't been posting for ages - probably because I have nothing to post about/or can't be bothered bypassing the IP ban annoyance from the start of the year.

So, after four years of using this technique without fail, - id est, model with gMax, export with BlueStreak, then save the MS output with GrabListener - I have never come across an error such as this thus far;

Conclusion: GrabListener.exe saves the .JMS file with administrative permissions with absolutely no data, ad hoc outputting;

###ERROR model file has wrong version number.

-The JMS file is empty.
-Never happened before.
-Downloading a new GrabListener.exe application did not work
-Both gMax and the GrabListener are run as administrator as per usual.
-PC restart did not work (also Windows updated whilst restarting)
-Help?

-RS
Edited by Hobbet360 on Sep 3, 2014 at 08:00 AM
Edited by Hobbet360 on Sep 3, 2014 at 08:03 AM

Why you bump this awful thread.

Tis be one of my first projects.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Jul 19, 2014 02:45 AM (Total replies: 854)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington
I'm too lazy to look up a gigantic timezone converter so what time will the show start in EST?

EST?...

Do you mean... EDT? (We're in daylight savings right now foo)

EST = EDT if you have daylights savings. It's off by 1 hour but thats the 5pm EDT. If you mean EST non-america/canada, then oh idk

There's AEST/AEDT which us in AUS call EST/EDT which is GMT +10.

Animations in T-pose, only on in the graph doing it, compiled as JMM for it is a cinematic "custom_animation" - has no frame data nor "dx, dy" stuffs. Has no "ponytail1" bone and that's all I can find wrong with it.. while I add a ponytail1, why is there no frame data or dx, dy?

Pics or it didn't gMax...

gMax is life, don't dis. It has never failed me much before.

-I'm half asleep from what I can remember, though I've been awake for 5 hours, and slept for 12. So there is no present, just the past and future problems.

-RS.

EDIT#58.695
After a not-nap and awakening I re-read the problem and realised that it was the music I was listening to, why was dubstep on my playlist, so I changed songs and added the ponytail1 bone and everything including the frame data appeared!!!

More problems coming soon in future pasts. :)
Edited by Hobbet360 on Jul 5, 2014 at 02:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Changing how the flashlight functions Jun 28, 2014 09:07 AM (Total replies: 2)

I was reading back through the script for Nyx: Ep2 and realised that, in an unmade level as of yet, the story states that the player does not have the MJOLNIR armour, for reasons that cannot be stated, and grabs a flaming torch for light to explore a cave, also for reasons that cannot be stated...

SO... in short;
-Can the torch be unlimited?
-Can the light effect emitted from the flashlight be changed to be a warm, AOE, orange-ish light?
-Can flames be emitted in an FP model?

??

-Rob
Edited by Hobbet360 on Jun 28, 2014 at 09:09 AM
Edited by Hobbet360 on Jun 28, 2014 at 09:09 AM

Time: Sun April 30, 2017 6:47 AM 750 ms.
A Halo Maps Website