A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: HaloMemories
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 12, 2013 09:56 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo
Spartans never die. Just missing in action.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
HaloMemories has contributed to 59 posts out of 469390 total posts (.01%) in 2,837 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Mar 12, 2013 09:56 PM (Total replies: 151)

And bump I shall. Behold the latest Lamborghini Aventador render (max+vray)

Original pic

Edited by HaloMemories on Mar 12, 2013 at 09:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Feb 19, 2013 11:52 PM (Total replies: 151)

Bonjour tous(t maybe?) le monde, je parle francais aussi! Mais mon francais sucks...
Annnd yohrrr damn thats nice looking renders! But have to agree, his thumb is kinda weird. But the energy sword is smexy! Bump mapped or legit polies? for the hexagon pattern?

Anyways noble 6 Mark v (b) helmet h4/forerunner inspired

Edited by HaloMemories on Feb 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Feb 15, 2013 09:39 PM (Total replies: 151)

@TauSigmaNova haha yep I think so! Oh well his original basemesh was mehh so I put my own in. But his undersuit parts (the pelvis) was nicely made... now to add bump meshes and texs haha

And @master noob yeah I should make the shoulder pad not so thick, and I agree when I do rig the chief, the gauntlet would be a hassle, and I'm working on a custom hand plate :P and the chest armor position was just a easy fix.

Edit: rigging this will be a pain in the ass... if only I knew how to rig faster.
Edited by HaloMemories on Feb 15, 2013 at 09:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Feb 15, 2013 09:06 PM (Total replies: 151)

Cool stuff Master Noob! The lighting is a bit dim, but the glow is fairly nice. You just need more glow volume.

Anyways pic of my H4 MC, everything other the visor/part of helmet/some little parts are courtesy of my bro CHRIS (Dutchy02 in DA)

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Feb 3, 2013 04:52 PM (Total replies: 151)

Nice shader thing master noob :P
annd updates
Optimized the h3/4 chief/spartan, (h4 parts courtesy of my bro Chris, aka dutchy02 on DA) I dunno I'd rig it if I had time. Stupid homework...

FORERUNNER UPDATE! btw my fan fiction, this dude will be one of the earliest master builders back when forerunners and humans looked alike/were pretty much the same

Annnd a drawing

If anyone wants to help model this I'd be really grateful (my forerunner arch modeling sucks atm)
Edited by HaloMemories on Feb 3, 2013 at 04:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Feb 1, 2013 11:28 PM (Total replies: 151)

Hola people.
Here is a (mostly complete) model of the H3/4 mix spartan

AND....
I'm planning on a new project. To practice my zbrush hard surface skills.
Planning stage.......

base model, not too detailed, because most of it is covered in armor

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Jan 6, 2013 11:38 PM (Total replies: 151)

ahhh they are comming. They're the hardest part of the model, stupid damn complex feet armor and arm triangular crap. But it's fun and it's comming along.

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max renders Jan 6, 2013 07:28 PM (Total replies: 151)

Update! (lol 1/2 year later)
working on a H3/4 mix spartan,

annnd zbrush work

(base mesh)

Because I'd like the base mesh/undersuit to be high poly as well, which would involve carefully plucking off the armour of a ripped spartan. Which is quite annoying. Besides, modeling something gives a pleasurable feeling when you're done.

It would be a very lengthy process, which I would rather spend modeling from scratch rather then edit a ripped copy. But if anyone else has a good blueprint/high poly h3 chief I'm still willing to award the lamborghini.

Is there any alternative? Or has the ripped blueprints been released? I question that due to the reason a) I'd rather stay away from ripping, more towards creating and b)I'm not sure where to get that program. Thanks for the quick response though!

It's been a while since I came back on, however I am enjoying halo 4, me and a buddy are making a halo 4 master chief,
as shown here, courtesy of Chris. L

but I'm always feeling the new chief looks more ugly then the halo three one. That's just my own opinion. Now, I was wondering if anyone had some detailed blueprints or a high poly h3 chief model they would be willing to share. It would be extremely appreciated, and rewarded with a 3ds max file of a Lamborghini aventador as shown

As a side note, has anyone tried using their kinect in the Xbox for Mocap?
Edited by HaloMemories on Dec 29, 2012 at 05:15 PM
Edited by HaloMemories on Dec 29, 2012 at 05:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » DOA spartan model Jun 2, 2012 12:09 PM (Total replies: 18)

@XlzQwerty1 Yea man, that'd be amazing if you could.

Thanks a bunch!

So what about people selling models like this: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-max-movie-spartan-halo/582258
I don't see bungie sueing people like this... can anyone explain?

I have a question for Dennis.
If you use a base noble 6 ripped from reach (as well as ripped textures), and then you add details like using Zbrush to add bumps, are you legally allowed to sell the model on, let's say turbosquid?

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 28, 2012 10:38 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloMemories
Yoda, do you plan on releasing that MA5B? Like as in the 3d model? It looks really good! Just wondering, are the scratches bump maps or actually on the raw model?

The scratches are texture + normal maps + specular, but not on the actual model.

I plan to release tags for it once I get it in-game. But it will be a bit longer because I plan to have custom animations, sounds, and effects, and I am debating whether or not I want to keep going and revamp the whole tagset (or at least some more of it). Why? Would you like the model for something?
Edited by Yoda on May 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I took a look at this model... it's very well done! Impressive, Yoda! I'll be looking forward to seeing any work you publish.

Halo CE General Discussion » DOA spartan model May 27, 2012 10:53 AM (Total replies: 18)

@Alexis
Would you mind releasing or uploading it? I think I could figure something out. Thanks for all your help bro.
Edited by HaloMemories on May 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 26, 2012 10:21 PM (Total replies: 14974)

@Yoda,
I was just wondering if you could lend me the highpoly ma5b for an animation project that I'm working on. It's quite an impressive model!

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 26, 2012 08:00 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Yoda, do you plan on releasing that MA5B? Like as in the 3d model? It looks really good! Just wondering, are the scratches bump maps or actually on the raw model?

Halo CE General Discussion » DOA spartan model May 26, 2012 07:58 PM (Total replies: 18)

@Alexis,
Thanks for the reply!
I don't plan on using the model in game, I was more leaning towards using it for animation testing, especially with a more high poly spartan. If I could take a look at the DOA spartan model, that'd be awesome!

Time: Mon October 21, 2019 5:54 PM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website