A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SOI_7
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 16, 2018 05:53 AM
Interests: Game design, mods and Photoshop art
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears Of War, Dead Space, Mass Effect
Tatsumaki best waifu

Post Statistics
SOI_7 has contributed to 708 posts out of 466916 total posts (.15%) in 2,286 days (.31 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jun 16, 2018 05:53 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Is it just me
Or do the Master Chief shaders from 10 years ago in Halo 3 look better

They're too clean and plastic. At first it reminded me of Installation01

Halo CE General Discussion » What happened to the CMT SPV3 Bonus Maps? Jun 7, 2018 02:17 PM (Total replies: 8)

CMT is working on Halo

Halo CE General Discussion » Hex Zone Classic (Release) Jun 6, 2018 09:36 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I could do something cool with your map if you give me the permission

Granted, do what whatever you need

Great! Do you still have the original, uncompressed bitmaps data files of the skybox and the bsp textures?

Halo CE General Discussion » Tool model not work Jun 5, 2018 09:33 AM (Total replies: 2)

Create a "models" folder inside the "box" path and place the jms there. Run tool again with the same command in the screenshot and it should work

Halo CE General Discussion » Hex Zone Classic (Release) Jun 5, 2018 06:01 AM (Total replies: 8)

I could do something cool with your map if you give me the permission

Halo CE General Discussion » Best forerunner architecture May 24, 2018 03:03 PM (Total replies: 9)

Anything made by Pope

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Reach Engineer dialog tags Apr 14, 2018 09:47 AM (Total replies: 0)

https://mega.nz/#!EcxDlKza!CqOLl-rQPbBoxmq4kJoZb96I1ZeRhsnc1WrgwJclAU0

I know Engineers aren't used that often in mods, but I wanna share these just in case. I ripped them from Reach with Adjutant, so give credits to the Adjutant team.
Enjoy!

Halo CE General Discussion » Motion Capture Animations in Halo CE Apr 3, 2018 02:29 PM (Total replies: 3)

Maniac released a tutorial about that: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=40044

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 10, 2018 12:23 PM (Total replies: 68)

Much better. I'll look into it

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 10, 2018 11:03 AM (Total replies: 68)

Perhaps it would be more helpful if you actually said what has to be fixed with them instead of just saying "lolz fix the wolves"

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Mar 9, 2018 12:25 PM (Total replies: 66)

It's the TSC:E sky

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 20, 2018 06:47 AM (Total replies: 66)

Agreed, if they're properly done I don't see any problem with them coming.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 6, 2018 08:37 AM (Total replies: 66)

Nice stuff, Sean. I'll keep an eye on this topic. Have you considered doing OS shaders for the stock H1 weapons, since you're revamping the old BRG shaders?

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.0 Feb 5, 2018 11:47 AM (Total replies: 21)

Imgur is your friend

Unity is bae, you'll have a lot of fun with it. Looking forward your future projects

Halo CE General Discussion » NEMESIS PART 2 Sep 27, 2017 04:13 PM (Total replies: 9)

I need some pics

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 1, 2017 07:54 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
im the only voice actor and dev. shiet. I need at least one member.

Good luck finding one with that attitude

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 28, 2017 05:34 PM (Total replies: 194)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

I really, really like this map. It's so unique, futuristic and simple at the same time.

My suggestions are about the cubemap you're using on the metal surfaces. I don't know if it's due to your graphic settings, but it looks too pixelated, and since your BSP uses a small set of textures i think you could compile a 32 bit version of that cubemap, or another one with better quality. Some stuff on the sky to make it dynamic like moving clouds or other thingies would be welcome. And lastly, I'd put some lights on the wall that closes the map as well.

(Increase the color of emitted light in your shaders so that they impact your lightmaps, it will help your map a lot).

Which tagset are you going to use, btw? Still CEA?
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 28, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Ok, thanks for feedback, I Will try to use other cubemaps
About the sky, i'm not sure since it's a unity Skybox, and compiling bitmaps at 32 bit Will increase size alot the filesize.

And the tagset, i'm planing making 2 versions, CEA and 4, but since all the G4 tagsets are f*****up it will be a few months to make the H4 version that was the original concept

You don't need to compile the Skybox as 32 bit, just the cubemap of the metal surface. The Skybox just needs to be animated somehow.
Good luck with the tagset, I have yet to see a decent H4 tagset around here

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 28, 2017 02:21 PM (Total replies: 194)

I really, really like this map. It's so unique, futuristic and simple at the same time.

My suggestions are about the cubemap you're using on the metal surfaces. I don't know if it's due to your graphic settings, but it looks too pixelated, and since your BSP uses a small set of textures i think you could compile a 32 bit version of that cubemap, or another one with better quality. Some stuff on the sky to make it dynamic like moving clouds or other thingies would be welcome. And lastly, I'd put some lights on the wall that closes the map as well.

(Increase the color of emitted light in your shaders so that they impact your lightmaps, it will help your map a lot).

Which tagset are you going to use, btw? Still CEA?
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 28, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mockups of modified 343i tags Aug 25, 2017 04:47 PM (Total replies: 9)

Echo is right, I'm not aiming for realism, I'm just trying to de-crappify these models reducing the details and adjusting their silhouette. I'll leave the rest to whoever wants to transform those Photoshop thingies into actual models.

Also, MOAR:

And I confirm that Shotgun is a nightmare
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 25, 2017 at 04:49 PM

Time: Mon June 25, 2018 3:51 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website