A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: nihao123456ftw
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 15, 2014 04:14 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
nihao123456ftw has contributed to 322 posts out of 469462 total posts (.07%) in 2,797 days (.12 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Master Chief Collection Review Nov 15, 2014 04:14 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
btw someone DID address your point, but you decided to ignore it because getting mad is more fun i guess
Edited by Vergil on Nov 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I was going to try to watch and argue whether I agreed with the video or not sensibly, but seeing that this person can't seem to take any form of criticism like a man I decided to keep my mouth shut (I still think his voice is still pretty awful though).

He might need this:

Edited by nihao123456ftw on Nov 15, 2014 at 04:16 PM
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Nov 15, 2014 at 04:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Master Chief Collection Review Nov 15, 2014 03:14 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
this guy has an awful voice

^

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Server commands Nov 3, 2014 07:34 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12

When I try doing sv_say "Good game" It always says command sv_say cannot be executed now.What am I doing wrong? It's on LAN.
Edited by YSlayer12 on Nov 3, 2014 at 06:46 PM

Sounds like you enabled "-console" but forgot to add in "-devmode"

I've tried renaming the dropbox dll and the conflicting dll but I still got the same error. I don't really want to OS-ify any tags which are not designed for OS by saving tags in OS guerilla. Personal preference. Anyways, version 1.02 of kornman's non-OS guerilla seems to work fine for me. Guess i'll just have to deal with some of the locked fields still in that version.
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Oct 19, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I found a workaround. The crash only happens when i try to open wither the "open" or "save as" browsers. I'm able to open tags if i use windows explorer and drag tag files into kornman's guerilla and i can save them as long as i use "save" and not "save as"

why is kornman's guerilla bad though?

This issue only occurs randomly because sometimes i'm able to use this program but sometimes i can't (i think restarting fixes it)

Whenever I press file -> open this happens:

Then when i press OK:

I CLOSED dropbox but still this issue happens, only a restart sometimes seems to work.
I also tried copying and pasting the conflicting DLL to halo's root directory, still same problem

The original version of guerilla and OS guerilla work fine though.

Anyone know a work-around or fix?

click for higher res images:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2iuum3d.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/51v9y9.jpg

edit: broken link fixed
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Oct 18, 2014 at 06:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » dose anyone have this Oct 8, 2014 06:56 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899that's for me two no you to think you no

I am slowly losing all of my brain cells trying to decipher what this phrase means

All you have to do is change some values in the starting equipment

In guerilla:
1. Open up your scenario
2. Scroll about halfway down, should be under a table called "Starting Equipment"
3. Change the values here to what you want. Change the "type" to the gametype you want and change the item_collection to the weapons you want

Have fun waiting a couple of hours for chimp to export anything complicated from Gmax

No seriously. I used it before. For some reason gmax does not support plugins directly exporting to file, you gotta manually copypaste the output and save it. Max is so much faster in this regard, I switched as soon as I realised this. With Gmax you are stuck with chimp forever. Plus you can't even export/import any of the common formats like .3ds or .obj afaik.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo "exact_portal" tip. Aug 20, 2014 09:47 PM (Total replies: 6)

Awesome. Ill be sure to keep this in mind :)

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » halo 2 crashing on startup Aug 20, 2014 08:04 AM (Total replies: 4)

isn't it because windows live has been shut down?

Halo CE General Discussion » The effort put into maps Aug 20, 2014 07:20 AM (Total replies: 15)

Not exactly on topic, but $10 for just 3-6 maps is a rip off. What is this, EA? Pfft. Anyways, I doubt many people will play DLC multiplayer maps, especially seeing how DLC maps in Battlefield 3 are just not played anymore (lots of topics on the forums talking all about that, e.g here: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955065227605444041/)

Ok, $10 isn't a whole lot of money to be so angry about, yeah. But with that money I'd rather spend it n something else tbh.

As for on topic: Well you probably can't really compare the whole of this community to the workers at 343 in terms of efforts. The guys at 343 are all trained professionals (*cough*) whereas us guys are just hobbyists. With that difference in skill, I'd say most of this community puts way more effort into creating maps than the guys at 343 even if most of the maps here are less detailed, since most of us are obviously not as skilled as most of the guys in 343. We are doing this for the sake of our own interests whereas the guys at 343 are being forced to do it by their bosses. That alone is probably enough to convince me that we are putting more effort considering how lazy everyone is these days including me.

Oh. And about that guy who said "I guarantee you that these remade maps take more time and effort to make than Custom Edition maps", did he actually bother taking a look about the content you mentioned and took that into consideration? If not, then that's one ignorant man you have there.

Oooof course though, i'm only speaking in general about the community. Everyone's different ofc. There's always some of those lazy latino mappers doing you-know-what (some, as in not all, again (i think)).
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Aug 20, 2014 at 07:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » what is the strangest maps you have ever seen? Aug 19, 2014 08:07 PM (Total replies: 21)

pen island

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1182

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » With the map editor! Aug 18, 2014 10:25 PM (Total replies: 15)

meaningful
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Aug 19, 2014 at 07:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Fun Time Game Night! 8/30-31 Aug 18, 2014 10:09 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
Quote: --- Original message by: Maiku3
Wacky and fun?
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3626 <---- this
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6351

YES.

muhahaha the evil spanish dmr shall return

Halo CE General Discussion » No More avatar Packs Aug 18, 2014 12:10 AM (Total replies: 92)

my new avatar is the best!

Halo CE General Discussion » Anything wrong about Halo 4. Aug 13, 2014 06:37 AM (Total replies: 2)

damn it... i must have missed something

Halo CE General Discussion » Is anyone interested in an OS_Tool GUI? Aug 12, 2014 11:30 PM (Total replies: 12)

A suggestion: Have the tool remember what you have done, so if you were to, say, be working on a map and need to test+compile it multiple times, you can adjust changes and then easily run the command to compile the map. Like how you can press up arrow key in cmd to type in your previous command except persistent. I was going to make my own tool gui for doing this but got lazy.

btw why is everyone changing their avatar all of a sudden?

Halo CE General Discussion » How do you create outdoor maps? Aug 5, 2014 06:44 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Some combination of plane and vert modelling to get the basic shape, then some tessellation where necessary to make soft selection effective.

I've used this technique the most out of all but sometimes when working with irregular shapes the edges are just placed really weirdly in a way where soft selection would make hills look silly

Halo CE General Discussion » How do you create outdoor maps? Aug 5, 2014 05:43 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: PopeAK49
I actually used to use the technique of outlining my bsp with the line tool to create a shape. If you then, apply the subdivision properties, you can fill in polygons. Then you can extrude the edges to create cliffs. That is just a basic way though.

Usually, I like creating my bases or structures before building terrain.

Oh heh, subdivision was actually pretty much the thing I was looking for, or at least close to it. Thanks. Although I might try using the technique in the tutorial dratt posted instead. Thanks everyone.

Now if only subdivision wouldn't freeze max when i use it...
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Aug 5, 2014 at 05:47 AM

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:36 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website