A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Theta
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 19, 2014 09:22 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Theta has contributed to 19 posts out of 469390 total posts (0.00%) in 2,766 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 19, 2014 09:22 AM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I'm going to play neutral observer here.
Kazuya made a cool projectile, nothing extraordinarly hard to make, but it's cool and well done.
No idea why people on this forum still resort to such childisch name-calling and pointless arguments, you'd think time would bring maturity and perspective.

If you'd been around long enough to see the quality of an average one of his posts on previously banned accounts you'd say differently. Frosty's his name, 4chin mems are his game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Delta Ruins Ruined Review. Oct 16, 2014 02:43 AM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kazuya
#colapes of Halomaps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 12, 2014 06:03 AM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kazuya
Yeah, I did a thing by making a frigid shot weapon.

Now that's what I call frosty. It almost reminds me of someone.

Quote: --- Original message by: TrapChan
Well... are you going to ask a question or not? I want to have a decent conversation on Halomaps for once. :|

Maybe stop spamming this forum first and go post a gamergate thread where someone cares?

Halo CE General Discussion » Fixing Renamon's Halo CE Campaign port Sep 30, 2014 08:25 AM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alice

Do you post gamergate threads for free?
Or are you just assblasted after getting banned from /v/?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 29, 2014 10:36 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alice
WAHHHHHHHH I'M TRIGGERED! I'M GOING TO MY TUMBLR TO WRITE ABOUT YOU.

Go back to /v/

Quote: --- Original message by: FrostyCyphre
That's all for my essay on the state of the gaming, Anything else that needs to addressed?
Edited by FrostyCyphre on Jul 19, 2014 at 06:34 AM

Maybe the fact that this is very off topic and will only cause 5 pages of arguing about nothing until Dennis comes along and locks the thread?

Halo CE General Discussion » How do you go past the 640x480 ui limit? Jun 20, 2014 07:28 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
Text elements for clickable menu's dont need to be more than the amount of pixels they take up on the screen. Otherwise you can just make flat planes as scenery with high resolution bitmaps on them using the un-lit shader transparent chicago for background elements. I say if its not going to be clicked on just make it scenery object close to the camera.

yeah but what about the text? it will still be blurry wont it?

Halo CE General Discussion » How do you go past the 640x480 ui limit? Jun 19, 2014 08:24 AM (Total replies: 16)

I'm trying to make a star wars ui for custom edition but the words looks really blurry and bad. I've read that the default ui can only be 640 by 480 pixels but is there a way to make the limit bigger so the words and pictures are 1080p?

i want the ui to look like this but 1080p

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Jun 13, 2014 04:06 AM (Total replies: 854)

actually i changed my mind these are cooler

Everyone should check this page out its pretty amazing http://www.pinterest.com/rednutwonder/3d-logos/

btw ASCENDANTJUSTICE where can i get that font you use in yours, i dont like the logo but the font is still nice

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Jun 13, 2014 03:56 AM (Total replies: 854)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
i found arby's tumblr and this is his preliminary design for the new ce3 logo
looks LEGIT
http://i.imgur.com/KBhDQIF.jpg

dude thats disgusting

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: ASCENDANTJUSTICE
Cinema4D R12.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/1623730_1433852466881283_8822773250993252168_n.jpg

You can do the same exact thing in max!

IDK what font UHW arby uses. So I used the ALIENS font.

(Just getting around to this) but for whatever reason adding too much 3d depth to a logo makes it look strange for me. Like, idk why. You don't see too many logos that look like they were created in 3ds max and I think that's for a reason too. No offense to your work. I'm just curious if I'm the only one with this standpoint?

i agree theres too much it would be better if its like this:

its less shiny and the letters go together which is cool

Halo CE General Discussion » all halo scenary ships Jun 11, 2014 10:59 AM (Total replies: 132)

wow thats sick... did you make this model yourself?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Jun 11, 2014 10:57 AM (Total replies: 854)

u do realize all he's done is switch one number from their official logo and change the hue right? not really that impressive

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Collection PC Petition NOW!!!! Jun 11, 2014 10:53 AM (Total replies: 145)

why would they take away a selling point of the one by putting the halo collection on the pc?

It'd be pretty stupid decision to make if you wanna get as much money as possible

Halo CE General Discussion » Theta's Question Thread Apr 10, 2012 09:31 PM (Total replies: 17)

Cheers Yoda

13. Okay, so I've got my images, I load Tool++, select bitmap, load my image and hit run tool. It gives me this:
==> !!WARNING!! failed to open TIFF: file does not exist <==

Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'

Is this supposed to happen? And where do the compiled bitmaps go after they're processed by tool? Do you need a specific file type for tool to work?

Halo CE General Discussion » Theta's Question Thread Apr 4, 2012 12:06 AM (Total replies: 17)

2 more questions:

11. Has anyone seen a map that looks nothing like halo? I'm looking for a few examples.
12. Can someone explain fp arms or whatever they are called? From what I have seen it is a model of the arms and a weapon on your screen but my question is: Are the arms and weapon related? I mean if they are part of one model, couldn't you theoretically have a different set of arms for every gun you pick up?

Halo CE General Discussion » Theta's Question Thread Mar 27, 2012 07:07 AM (Total replies: 17)

? I don't understand

Halo CE General Discussion » Theta's Question Thread Mar 27, 2012 05:58 AM (Total replies: 17)

Hi all, I'm Theta, simple as that. I've been watching halomaps for a bit and thought it was about time I joined. I was sort of inspired by JimDaRulah to do it today.
Anyway, since I know pretty much zero about HCE modding, I've made this thread about questions in point form. I hope to contribute a lot!

I will update this pretty regularly

1. Is it possible to have a rectangular radar on the HUD?
2. Is it possible to have a minimap on the radar like this?
3. Can new functions be added to UI? like an extra menu in the main menu?
4. Is there a thread for HUDs and UIs? I can't find it if there is.
5. What controls the pause menu appearance in halo? the map file or the UI file?
6. Does the map file control fonts?
7. Is it possible to add a custom endgame score screen to a map? If so, how?
8. Can anyone point me to a tutorial for HUDs/UIs for an absolute beginner?
9. For a UI where would I modify the loading screen?
10. Okay this is kinda unrelated but I saw something like it in a different thread. This is a big question to Dennis: Can I send you an image pack to upload? Of course they would all be appropriate and you could check them personally.

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 4:07 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website