A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Machinima_Freak
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 4, 2013 12:12 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Machinima_Freak has contributed to 22 posts out of 464138 total posts (0.00%) in 1,953 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo Movies Announcements » What do you think about my M.I.H. trailer Jun 4, 2013 12:12 PM (Total replies: 8)

I made it unlisted because I'm revising the original trailer so it won't be like John Carter.

Halo Movies Announcements » What do you think about my M.I.H. trailer Mar 1, 2013 09:33 PM (Total replies: 8)

True, I'm even thinking about taking the video off of youtube and adding some revisions to the trailer. I will be publishing the video in 16:9, brighting the text and make look less noobish compared to the logo, and maybe adding some dialogue in it.

Again, thank you for giving me some advice. Once I finish revising it, I will post the new link for the video.

Halo Movies Announcements » What do you think about my M.I.H. trailer Mar 1, 2013 09:41 AM (Total replies: 8)

Okay, thank you for you criticism, but there are a couple of things I will tell you what I did that you suggested.

1:I did release in 1080p, you just got to set it on 1080p or 720p.

2:There is text in the first three black screen including the first one that you were talking about. It's really hard to see because its very dark. I'm planning on putting them in annotations. The thing is is that they are very cryptic and will be explained later on.

Other than that, I agree with you, I did mess up a couple of times, (like that font). Just remember, it has a lot of cryptic clips (like the bloody floor scene) and they will be explained later like I said.

Halo Movies Announcements » What do you think about my M.I.H. trailer Mar 1, 2013 07:09 AM (Total replies: 8)

I just put of the RIGHT link, my bad. Thanks for pointing it out.
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Mar 1, 2013 at 07:28 AM
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Mar 1, 2013 at 08:38 AM

Halo Movies Announcements » What do you think about my M.I.H. trailer Feb 28, 2013 07:07 PM (Total replies: 8)

For those who don't know, M.I.H. is about a mysterious Spartan trying to find all of the Spartans that were classified as Mentally Insane or handicapped (M.I.H.) so the UNSC can reclassify them.

I just released a trailer and I'm wondering what you guys think about it and if you can give me any suggestions on anything that needs improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevL5Fg601E

(Also there's a lot of cryptic clips in the trailer that will be revealed later on in the machinima.

Edited by Machinima_Freak on Feb 28, 2013 at 07:07 PM

Edited by Machinima_Freak on Feb 28, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Mar 1, 2013 at 07:27 AM

If so, please leave a link for the website that gives a tutorial on it... or just give me a tutorial here.
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Nov 27, 2012 at 08:22 AM

Good, I'm glad you sort of like my timing. That's good considering this is my first video editing project that I've finished.

1: I know that it's long, but I can't really do anything about that without messing up the song. I'm probably going to use it as a trailer instead. Either that or put it in lengthy episodes (like 20 minutes like you said)

2: that's going to be hard not to use cutscenes from Halo with Master Chief because a lot of the backstory of the characters revolve around Master Chief. You see, M.I.H. is a fan story I'm writing that takes place after Halo 3. (Read the description if you want to know the plot)

3:I made grainy Spartans for a reason because those are the main characters in the story and I want to reveal them as I go on in the series. I admit, I should have gave more variety to it like you said.

Thank you for criticizing my intro/maybe trailer.
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Nov 7, 2012 at 02:55 AM

I just released an intro for M.I.H. and since this is my first video editing project, I need someone to criticize my work and tell me whats could about it, what's bad, and how I can improve.

(Note: I don't really know if this is going to be the officially intro because 1: it's long and 2: I don't own the music.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCFaCwZQNF8&feature=plcp

Halo Movies Announcements » M.I.H. SSTV Transmissions Sep 16, 2012 03:26 PM (Total replies: 4)

You need to download .exe in order to decode the SSTV transmission. That's why I gave the instructions. It's not "music" per say (unless you remix it into a beat), an SSTV transmission is a bunch of loud beeping because it's a an image put into a radio signal, like the radios in Portal 2.

Also, the video is now public.

Edited by Machinima_Freak on Sep 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Halo Movies Announcements » M.I.H. SSTV Transmissions Sep 16, 2012 08:38 AM (Total replies: 4)

It's now unlisted; all of you who are having trouble with it can go see it now.

Halo Movies Announcements » M.I.H. SSTV Transmissions Sep 16, 2012 12:13 AM (Total replies: 4)

On 9/15/12, I have released a video with an SSTV transmission. follow my instructions in the description and you will be able to decode a hidden image of one of the characters for an upcoming machinima me, my brother, my sister, and two other friends are working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdDV6EYuW4&feature=youtu.be

Hope you like the character. I won't reveal much of with he is though, so don't ask me about who he is. I already gave you one clue.

Edited by Machinima_Freak on Sep 16, 2012 at 08:37 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why won't this map work!!! May 24, 2012 05:05 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thank you for the instructions

Halo Movies Announcements » M.I.H. May 24, 2012 02:32 PM (Total replies: 5)

I am, there are a ton of gags. The references to Red vs. Blue are actually part a gag along with disclaimer issue. Like literally, what happens is one of the characters is going to say a Red vs. Blue reference and the other is going to be like "Stop saying that! You're ripping off Red vs. Blue" or "Plagiarism!!!!" It's also like a homage to Red vs. Blue because they were the inspiration of why I'm actually am making a machinima. (And no, the storyline is NOT a rip off of Red vs. Blue.) But there are other gags like one of the characters , who's color blind (as in like everything he sees in inverted) but instead of seeing one of other characters inverted, he sees him as pink. Another gag is one of the characters in often mistaken as Master Chief's sister. The reason why is because in M.I.H., the number that each spartan has, if the last two digits are in chronological order, that usually means that they are related. For example :117 and 007. Her spartan number is also a gag because 007 is a reference to James Bond. I matter of fact, the third episode is titled "Who, James Bond?"

There are a lot of things I can't really mention, but those are a couple of them.

Edited by Machinima_Freak on May 28, 2012 at 01:31 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why won't this map work!!! May 24, 2012 09:05 AM (Total replies: 2)

I just downloaded the tactical assualt map on halo and I was creating a server when the computer said "Gathering Exception Data". What does this mean and how do I prevent it?

Halo Movies Announcements » M.I.H. May 15, 2012 08:42 AM (Total replies: 5)

Awesome, one question though, I'm going to sound really stupid when I say this but do you think it's plagiarism if I have references of Red vs. Blue to put a disclaimer to internet trolls that this is not a Red vs. Blue clone?

Halo Movies Announcements » M.I.H. May 14, 2012 02:55 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hey guys, me, two friends, my brother and my sister are planing on making a machinima series called "M.I.H." It takes place in the Halo universe where is the Spartan II program has a a section for Spartans that went mentally insane because there brains were barely fit for the cybernetic implants that are in their head. Are any of of you interested in the machinima?

General Machinima Discussions » I need a map Apr 17, 2012 08:24 AM (Total replies: 15)

Thank you Ally and XlzQwerty1. I'll try that.

As for my specs, I don't know. I'm not that really good with the inner guts of a computer. I use Windows XP though. Would I have to open up my computer in order to find out what processors I have?

One question, whenever I open tool, it automatically closes. How do I prevent it?

Edited by Machinima_Freak on Apr 17, 2012 at 05:14 PM
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Apr 17, 2012 at 06:57 PM

General Machinima Discussions » I need a map Apr 16, 2012 09:58 PM (Total replies: 15)

Where can I find the scenerio. in HEK+?
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Apr 16, 2012 at 09:58 PM

General Machinima Discussions » I need a map Apr 16, 2012 08:44 PM (Total replies: 15)

Which program of HEK do I use to extract the scenerio.? If it's Sapien then I have a problem. For some reason, when ever I click the tutorial scenerio., Sapien freezes my computer. Could that be because I have 28.7 GBs of space left on my hard drive?
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Apr 16, 2012 at 08:56 PM

General Machinima Discussions » I need a map Apr 16, 2012 06:42 PM (Total replies: 15)

Thanks dude. You actually made my life a lot easier. I originally thought I had to make a map from scratch because Halo maps said on the biped tag page, "These tags CANNOT be added to existing maps (*.map files) and are only used during the map creation process. Tags MUST be compiled into the maps during creation."

One question though, if a map contains other bipeds, can I still add more bipeds?
Edited by Machinima_Freak on Apr 16, 2012 at 06:42 PM

Time: Fri August 18, 2017 2:14 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website