A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: OHunterO
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 12, 2017 05:04 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo, BF3.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
OHunterO has contributed to 482 posts out of 469343 total posts (.10%) in 2,673 days (.18 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

2008 version does everything you need tbh.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 22, 2017 04:01 PM (Total replies: 11478)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Another unfinished thing.
http://i.imgur.com/s8Y8i5C.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EY0daxn.jpg

Looks cool but the back legs are differently too small to support it's body weight. Wish I had the time to get back into modelling :(

I'd like to do a photorealistic Hunter :D

Edited by OHunterO on Mar 22, 2017 at 04:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 19, 2016 07:24 AM (Total replies: 11478)

Looks nice, however it could be improved if you use the texture project tool, forgot what it's called, but you can basically push the depth data and colour date onto the sculpt from a photograph, this lets you get more realistic looking sculpts if you use decent images.

I used a lot of details from elephants and rhinos on my Thorned Beast.

Halo CE General Discussion » Worth creating this? Aug 31, 2016 12:22 PM (Total replies: 27)

It isn't a bloodgulch mod really, it would be a complete remake. Only issue then is if the map is remade the content needs to meet the same kind of quality really.

IV and Jeese, I will consult you when the time I right :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Worth creating this? Aug 30, 2016 01:07 PM (Total replies: 27)

Need get back into the gaming realm. Would it be worth recreating bloodgulch to the effect of the images below? Original bases though but modern!

Edited by OHunterO on Aug 30, 2016 at 02:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Thornbeast public beta [Release] Jul 7, 2016 01:11 PM (Total replies: 18)

I need to make a lowpoly and get this finished, wanna use this if I get it finished soon?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jul 4, 2016 05:48 PM (Total replies: 156)

Been a while since I have visited here, needed a giggle, but then I saw this thread. Congrats Masterz and the team for getting this out there for everyone here to enjoy, for free, using your own personal time.

It reminds me why I give up with most of the newer generation of Halo community, all the moaning and unappreciative spoilt kids here, my oh my.

What most of you really mean first of all, is thank-you. Then if you want to criticise constructive then i'm sure CMT will take it on board but at least say something nice first, if you have nothing nice to say then don't download and don't post.

At some point I will get back into the gaming world and modelling, just lost of the heart for it at the moment, so in the future I would lend a hand with the rest of it Masterz if you would be willing, as I have given false promises already as I simply lost the heart for it all :(

But yeah again well done guys, I will install and give a go sometime! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 15, 2016 03:10 PM (Total replies: 14973)

Super Flanker:

You should really have as many loops connect back up as possible instead of ending them in a bunch like around the cylinders on the side. It's symmetrical so connect them to each other.

You want as little triangles as possible when sub'd modelling.

Halo CE General Discussion » any programmers here? Nov 11, 2015 10:29 AM (Total replies: 6)

Go Here

I'm not too sure I liked the direction they went, it was also REALLY short in my opinion. I finished it in about 3 hours if that, can't really remember.

Spoilers:
The vertical environments where annoying, most of the time you can skip most of the enemies and get to the next part, because they are below you or above you, you don't always have a need to kill them all, but really you should be fighting through them!

The evil Cortana idea seems stupid, personally I would of preferred Chief find Cortana and get her back, and then claim the mantal himself instead of Cortana getting the PMS Syndrome...! aha!

Making her evil is simply going to ensure her death at some point in the franchise as no one is going to trust her, not even Chief...

As a whole, the entire campaign story to me seemed rushed... there was no slowing down a little in any missions, feels like they want you to rush to the end of the game!

But I think Halo 6 is going to be very interesting, but they need to flesh it out a bit more really... Can't make my mind up if I liked Halo 5 or not...

Edited by OHunterO on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 first 3 missions Oct 19, 2015 10:31 AM (Total replies: 6)

I watched the first 30 minutes of it, but pointless spoiling the entire first 3 missions... it comes out tomorrow...

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 14, 2015 01:33 PM (Total replies: 14973)

Looks pretty nice man, but get more edges on them curves!

And spec and occlusion? It's not textured.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 11, 2015 12:25 PM (Total replies: 14973)

SS Flanker, looks fine, should bake perfectly.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 10, 2015 09:25 PM (Total replies: 14973)

Just a couple of things, my draw over will apply to other parts of the model, apply in any places you have similar geometry. On a whole not bad geometry, a lot of floating, but in some parts you have curves and would be a pain to add supporting edges as would break curves.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 8, 2015 07:11 AM (Total replies: 14973)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
^there is no need to criticize the topology when a highpoly has this type of shader and the shining looks smooth.
Yeah it's almost the one I modeled,in much better quality, although it's exactly the one on the bottom left that looks like what I did . I wanted to remake one but if you did it there is no need to do it... Maybe I could make a lowpoly and texture it if I find the time.
BTW the name of that thing causes endless discutions and breaks friendships

Even then it is a good idea to keep a good topology on high poly models as well, there could be issues you can't see using your current viewport renderer, but the rays could hit it funny if normals are messed up.

So it's not really too important but still good to see the topology as the mesh could be over complicated.

Edit: Just seen the post your referring to.

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

Halo Reach DMR Concept.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/271812dmrconcept.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/897445dmrconceptflnkr2.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/659742dmrconceptflnkr3.jpg http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/285019dmrconcept4.jpg

Concept: Bottom left. (I think that's the one bourrin modelled for bigass!)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ezXfXwVkn3k/TT8UNiICFOI/AAAAAAAAAGA/YjLrwYMf7Es/s1600/ih_battle+rifle01c.jpg

StuffStillToDo:

. Ejection Port
. Charging Handle
. Trigger
. Screw Indentions (side rails)
. Scope
. Grip Detail
. Needs A Name And Military Designation

(I'll leave the last one to you dudes.)

Bump For More!

Edited by SS Flanker on Oct 7, 2015 at 08:49 AM

I do like that, especially the presentation. But personally I have had issues at times with floating geometry, and I find that it's MUCH easier to spend the time to model the floating geometry into the mesh, and much better practice to be honest. For example to triangles on the side could be easily modelled into the side as the mesh below is flat and doesn't have any curves.

I would merge the triangles mesh into main mesh, delete the faces and position them and add enough loops (spread them evenly apart) and bridge the edges of the triangles to the rest.
Edited by OHunterO on Oct 8, 2015 at 07:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 24, 2015 06:29 AM (Total replies: 208)

I really can't wait! I think everything in it looks amazing, I like the slight changes that are being made. The game has got to progress somehow...

Halo CE General Discussion » I might be able to get access to 3DS Max Sep 23, 2015 07:37 PM (Total replies: 25)

What's the point in this thread?...

Halo CE General Discussion » Temporary maps for hire Sep 15, 2015 11:59 AM (Total replies: 74)

Yes see yourself out, as when I say he should fix his grammar, I mean to mean it readable. Your just trying to be a smart-ass by nit picking on something which doesn't stop the post from being read easily.

Halo CE General Discussion » Temporary maps for hire Sep 14, 2015 09:42 PM (Total replies: 74)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
The truth. And helpful posts which will allow people to improve instead of stay blind, is considered BS?

@t3h m00kz - I don't understand how when someone says something needs to be better quality, or that something looks bad, this is the go to response.

No one EVER said more polygons makes something better... Putting them in the right place and using them properly is what matters.

dude, all you have done on this thread is upset and annoy people. if you want to help contribute to improving peoples map design methods, then you need to improve the methods that you use to do so, cause the ones your using currently are not working.

Because my advice isn't sugar coated? Maybe some people need to take things to heart less! :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Temporary maps for hire Sep 14, 2015 07:01 AM (Total replies: 74)

The truth. And helpful posts which will allow people to improve instead of stay blind, is considered BS?

@t3h m00kz - I don't understand how when someone says something needs to be better quality, or that something looks bad, this is the go to response.

No one EVER said more polygons makes something better... Putting them in the right place and using them properly is what matters.

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 12:06 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website