A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MrCool
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 17, 2016 09:37 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play:
Keep it clean
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
MrCool has contributed to 134 posts out of 463317 total posts (.03%) in 1,772 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 17, 2016 09:37 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Bsp5
http://i.imgur.com/AqN0onf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mKeD5id.jpg

Stop being so cheap g*
http://i.imgur.com/1781CpI.png

Dude he's just being creative

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 14, 2016 11:49 AM (Total replies: 11968)

Quote: --- Original message by: TomCRUZE
Hey guys what's better to activate campaign on Custom edition

Run from console

or

Replacing Map UI file

UI file is easier, but I usually just console it. Universal ui on hce.halomaps.org is a good one, big file though, from what I remember.
edit: Also, you might want to make a new thread next time, this is off topic.
Edited by MrCool on Jun 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 13, 2016 08:34 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

Its just a matter of getting the game to understand 2 different controllers.

What about at least LAN Ai? I know this topic has been covered over and over, but still should be a valid question. And to keep this more concise, I understand that the ai are generated on the client side, but is it possible now with something like SAPP?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 11, 2016 12:27 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood

Not sure if this is the place to post about these things any more, but...

http://i.imgur.com/XtJ8214.png

I have discovered how to get a (SEMI-WORKING) 2, 3, 4 person overlay. I'm going to look into how to render the HUDs, etc, next, and see if I can't do anything interesting with this. Skarma reverse engineered how to do PiP, so if worse comes to worse, i suppose I can use his work from that to get it to work. I think it would be neat, anyway.

Edit:
There's still a lot of work to be done on it because the game crashes after 5-10 seconds, but I'd like to see where I can go with this over time.
Edited by Dwood on Jun 10, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Editx2:
Here's an imgur album of 2-person and 3-person overlays.
http://imgur.com/a/K4CJT
Edited by Dwood on Jun 10, 2016 at 11:14 PM
Edited by Dwood on Jun 10, 2016 at 11:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 8, 2016 09:07 PM (Total replies: 11968)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Corpen
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
We agree on most things. I rate CE higher than him, we both rate H2 at the lowest, both agree h4 is better than Reach.

H5 isn't that good, but it still does many things better than other halo titles have. Unfortunately it's campaign is ultimately a mess, but neither of us really fault 343 for it.

Halo 2>Halo CE> Halo 3> Halo 5>Halo Reach>Halo 4

ODST doesn't count because it is a spin off game.

Well thlugh this your opinion I shall also state that ODST was one of the best imo.

Halo reach > Halo 3 > Haloce > h30dst > halo2 > Hola wars > Halo 4 > Halo 5.

Halo>

Halo CE General Discussion » The Omega Campaign May 27, 2016 11:31 PM (Total replies: 70)

2017?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 27, 2016 01:15 PM (Total replies: 245)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Alright, guys. Here are the multiple a30 builds for testing:

https://mega.nz/#!9ExUiQxT!WCYbsgYL3KhchmVeYVBTJDFfDlwp0AZE9z-lCh1vzGg

These four maps use different methods for the extra_mission. You need to figure out which one works without causing exceptions.

-"a30_standard" is the current build available on Halomaps. It teleports the warthog together with the player

-"a30_nowarthog" teleports only the player

-"warthog_spawned" teleports the player and creates a new warthog from scratch in the extended part

-"different_location" teleports the player in a different part of the bsp without spawning any warthog

Good luck and let me know

Do you need any help? I don't know that I can be entirely dependable, but maybe me or someone here can help.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 24, 2016 07:32 PM (Total replies: 245)

Exceptions when I go to change settings button, just so you know. :D Don't want to irritate you any further
Edited by MrCool on May 24, 2016 at 07:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 20, 2016 05:04 PM (Total replies: 11968)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

Perhaps we should all play gears of war.

Then we could cheer with our beers whilst playing gears!

Hopefully I haven't reduced you to tears.

*finds kindred spirit* *cries because he is pathetic fanboy*

Halo CE General Discussion » This here is the earliest Halo FPS footage May 18, 2016 12:53 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
yeah gamestar is older. But they are still my strokes since you had to link to my own videos ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] May 18, 2016 12:14 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Im testing my max (without lag) unity triangle count... and comparing it to halo ce.
Edited by Halonimator on May 18, 2016 at 12:00 AM

https://media4.giphy.com/media/RtqZpccRVNtpm/giphy.gif

You already know what the result will be. Unless you are thinking of leaving and hopping on to unity in which case I wish you luck and hope you never come back. (in the nicest way possible)
You, I like you

That makes 2 ppl since 19k94.

I'm the other one

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea for modders with no ideas : BRUTAL HALO May 2, 2016 11:33 PM (Total replies: 78)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Better than Windows 8 m8

Still had to slide that in there *no pun intended*

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea for modders with no ideas : BRUTAL HALO Apr 28, 2016 04:08 PM (Total replies: 78)

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
And my laptop is more powerful than your toaster so next time you want to chat sheet bout my

u wanna go?

Windows 10?

Edited by MrCool on Apr 28, 2016 at 04:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea for modders with no ideas : BRUTAL HALO Apr 27, 2016 11:56 PM (Total replies: 78)

Dude's freaking awesome IMO @Sups, though at the same time, not everyone likes me either
Edited by MrCool on Apr 27, 2016 at 11:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea for modders with no ideas : BRUTAL HALO Apr 26, 2016 10:45 PM (Total replies: 78)

no one wants to have fun anymore and enjoy themselves?

rather than trying to figure out something as simple as tag editing he's wanting somebody else to take time out of their day to do a very basic ammo count and globals change, add features the engine doesn't support, and break gameplay

not exactly my definition of "fun" or "enjoying myself" but that's just me

Just because he requested it, it does not mean that you have to reply to it. Likewise, just because he does not understand the concepts behind the modding, it does not mean that you need to be rude to him. Imagination is what made video games, and if it weren't for imagination, this game would not be here for us to mod and play with. If he doesn't know, that's ok, not many people know about this game or the modding scene until they really get into it. Heck, I didn't know a thing when I first started. I'm not starting a big debate or arguement, but it would be wise to just be patient.

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea for modders with no ideas : BRUTAL HALO Apr 26, 2016 08:50 PM (Total replies: 78)

Ignore all the smart alec hate commentary, your ideas are fine. I suppose no one wants to have fun anymore and enjoy themselves, and people seem to forget that this is a 12 year old mod of a 15 year old video game. Not everything has to be perfectly balanced, and some people actually want to have fun with modding. Different styles of gameplay and different ideas are what keep this community alive.

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea for modders with no ideas : BRUTAL HALO Apr 25, 2016 11:39 PM (Total replies: 78)

Yah Yah Yah I'm important I've been here since 2008 I've contributed so much to this community
it's not just a game you need to grow up and go out into the REAl Halo world you N00b
Edited by t3h m00kz on Apr 24, 2016 at 02:23 PM

Haven't heard anything like THAT before.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 25, 2016 11:23 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Quote: --- Original message by: MrCool

Ce3....

Happy Birthday Sup's
Edited by MrCool on Apr 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Ayyy ty bby.

Welcome son

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 24, 2016 11:02 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Ce3....

Happy Birthday Sup's
Edited by MrCool on Apr 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 21, 2016 06:54 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
...IF I ever work on this .chm file after today, that is. I am very out of touch with Halo CE since I haven't messed with the HEK in a long time. So I am re-learning A LOT.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 21, 2016 at 01:58 AM

It might actually be good to explain it as you are learning it, that way you would be more thorough in explaining the material. Really you could be anyway, but it would help in remembering more about the individual steps.
Edited by MrCool on Apr 21, 2016 at 06:56 PM

Time: Fri June 23, 2017 11:24 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website