A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Kureha
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2013 10:23 PM
Interests: Martial Arts
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
SUBARUUU!~~~

Post Statistics
Kureha has contributed to 42 posts out of 469493 total posts (.01%) in 2,653 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Downloading maps for Halo CE Aug 4, 2013 10:23 PM (Total replies: 11)

.map files are not to be opened with winrar or 7zip...............

only .zip/.7z/.rar files are to be opened with winrar or 7zip......

.map files are the actual map files that halo uses......

Halo CE General Discussion » Some good looking or Popular maps Jul 30, 2013 11:06 AM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halosnake

Quote: --- Original message by: Kozakuu
Tone down the bloom, use photo editing to make up for the bareness of normal Halo.
Open Sauce FXAA is useful too for closeups.
Experiment with lighting, DOF and color variance.

Some aesthetic maps are:
Mystic
Precipe
Chronopolis

FXAA, the one that makes your screen look Darker? Tried searching that up, hard found any videos or topics on that at all.

Edit* I fail at spell checking.
Edited by Halosnake on Jul 30, 2013 at 08:38 AM

FXAA is antialiasing... It's for smoothing out jaggies... FXAA makes your screen more blurry as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 30, 2013 01:28 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Drakov
Hey guys!

I've got a question that has maybe been answered, and I apologize if it's so...

I'm a big halo fan, but I'm a noob when modding comes. I don't wanna learn, beacause I know I'll stay a noob here.

But I wanna ask you something....
Would this be possible to spawn vehicles and/or NPCs by tags or something? I most want to spawn modded vehicles, like the Pelican or the Wraith. But I want it for single player ONLY. Is it possible by anyway for someone to create like trainer or a program that would allow me to spawn these halo universe vehicles?

They have to be tags that are part of the map in the first place, in order to be able to "spawn" them. Trainers will not work, mostly because you cannot spawn a drivable pelican or wraith on default Halo combat evolved single player levels simply because the tag does not exist in the map files.

If you want to be able to spawn the modded vehicles anywhere, anytime in a NEWLY MODDED map, it is actually quite easy to accomplish. One can add the modded vehicles to the globals tag, compile the map, and use the cheat_all_vehicles command through the console with devmode activated to spawn all vehicles that are included in the globals tag right in front of you.

If you want to be able to ADD IN vehicles to the map, but not "spawn" them out of thin air, again it is still quite easy to accomplish. All you would need to do is use sapien to add in the modded vehicles that you want to use into an area of the level that you want to mod (you would still need to add the vehicles into the globals tag).

Also, learning Halo Editing Kit is not hard at all. If you have the free time, it takes really little effort to learn the simple things like spawning vehicles and such. For your request, accomplishing something this small is a really easy task and takes little to no time. Play around and you'll see that modding can be fun (as long as you have the time). :)
Edited by Kureha on Jul 30, 2013 at 01:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » THE HALO CE HALO 3 REVAMP IS BACK Jul 28, 2013 05:30 PM (Total replies: 134)

Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
all over night i get all this really what did i do for this so what my other 2 accounts go hacked cuase i gave altheros my password cuase i was a idiot
and all but so i might be a little bit of an idiot sometimes and i show unfinished bipeds still so

You're still an idiot. A 14 year old idiot, huh? Guess that's common nowadays. Now I'm quite disappointed in humanity and it's future.

Halo CE General Discussion » thred of skyrim\halo3 wips and rels Jul 24, 2013 11:31 AM (Total replies: 94)

This guy ignores every single post about bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Best version of 3DS to use? Jul 24, 2013 11:28 AM (Total replies: 7)

I use 2010, never had any problems so far.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Some weapons are refusing to 'pickup' Jul 23, 2013 12:09 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: ALacKOfLife

*update*
Turns out I found a working set, thanks for the help.

Last question though, how do you get weapons to NOT despawn on multiplayer maps?
Mine tend to despawn on the initial startup after some time
Edited by ALacKOfLife on Jul 11, 2013 at 02:13 AM

In sapien, use item collections instead of placing weapon tags for multiplayer maps. Item collections are for MP, weapon tags themselves are for SP.

E: 11 day old post :/
Edited by Kureha on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » thred of skyrim\halo3 wips and rels Jul 23, 2013 12:07 AM (Total replies: 94)

Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
plus i need help with animations well i need to set it to last a particuler amount of frame but the thing wants 100 but i want it to be less like for the running it floats around but only runs abit
cuase the 3ds max wants more then 20 frames for running which how do i make it want around 20??

Yes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Takedown: Project Lawson Jul 23, 2013 12:06 AM (Total replies: 713)

Nice! I've been waiting for this. Going to play it to see how the voice acting sounds

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Texturing tutorials for Photoshop/GIMP? Jul 23, 2013 12:05 AM (Total replies: 5)

Thank you for the link, but this will only help me a bit in terms of creating the basic outline of my texture.

I was hoping someone could direct me to a place with an in depth tutorial on how to create details and proper colours for a texture (e.g. for a metal texture -> it's scratches, rust, aging, the metallic colour itself, etc).
Edited by Kureha on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Texturing tutorials for Photoshop/GIMP? Jul 22, 2013 12:08 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hello everyone, I'd just like to know if anyone has good links to tutorials that can teach me how to create textures in photoshop or GIMP. Whether it's for tiling bitmaps or for creating custom textures for a specific UV set, it doesn't matter as I would love to have some tutorials that I can learn from.

Thanks in advance.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce for HaloCE, V3.0, Released Apr 13, 2013 08:47 PM (Total replies: 818)

And this is why when you're told something and so set into believing it, you do whatever it takes to back up yourself because you don't want others to prove you wrong. Or do you just like to start arguments to prove a biased point of view? Just asking, but not asking for a flame war.

Halo CE General Discussion » How Winders 8 Works For CE Apr 7, 2013 11:43 AM (Total replies: 41)

Quote: --- Original message by: Johnlex2
Windows XP is more practical, I say

Windows XP is obsolete with newer games and programs coming out today aimed towards W7 and W8, therefore it isn't practical anymore.

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
The contrast with the quality of my hog shows how your mod is crap :)
Why do you keep feeding the thread with unoriginal content you didnt even make ?

Why do you keep making these arrogant posts as if you're bragging about your work when someone uses your content? Who cares if he's using it in his mod; if the mod is crap then there's no need for playing it, let alone commenting on it. It doesn't make a bit of difference gaiz

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Oct 20, 2012 03:21 PM (Total replies: 1487)

I concur with goldkilla88

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 odst bitmaps? Oct 9, 2012 11:45 PM (Total replies: 31)

Here are the maps sir:

https://xboxdb.access.dyn-net.com/0000000001/files-DB/web/Default.asp.net?act=category&id=18

Specifically you'll need these two from here: https://xboxdb.access.dyn-net.com/0000000001/files-DB/web/Default.asp.net?act=category&id=52 (shared and main menu),
then you need to get the map called campaign from here https://xboxdb.access.dyn-net.com/0000000001/files-DB/web/Default.asp.net?act=category&id=51
also using the above link to get the map in which the vehicle is stored in.

So, in total you'll have shared.map, mainmenu.map, campaign.map, and the map that has the vehicle. Four files.
Edited by Kureha on Oct 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 7, 2012 11:51 PM (Total replies: 11482)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Quote: --- Original message by: __Altheros

The textured is not low res. But the image, I was not showing the BR on that picture but the Battery.

http://www.supercheats.com/xbox360/guides/halo3/images/battlerifle2.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2167/haloce2012082911044988.jpg

Where did all the extra detail go?
Edited by Bobblehob on Oct 7, 2012 at 04:44 AM

The BR is one thing I also had some trouble on. He's using the wrong number plate for one, and specular could be turned up a bit. IIRC the H3 BR uses some other maps that aren't compatible with CE at the moment.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Oct 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

And they are?

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Lumoria... Complete. Oct 7, 2012 12:16 PM (Total replies: 382)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman
You're part of a minority. Watch some playthrough that illustrate your just spewing out nonsense. And stop pushing your opinion, we know you find it too hard, others don't, deal with it.

Watch this guy play if you have such a hard time with it, use some tactics, stick to cover, work as a squad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCIFdHCvzs&list=UUatOoD2a1TB0qC36_2cIVDQ&index=5&feature=plpp_video

This is his review btw: "Lumoria... it basically defines *censored*... 9.6/10." -Storm from Storm & Blackbird

LOL BEST COMMENTARY EVER!

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Lumoria... Complete. Oct 6, 2012 10:57 AM (Total replies: 382)

Quote: --- Original message by: __Altheros

Quote: --- Original message by: The_Arbiter
Quote: --- Original message by: licon4812
i loved the campahn it ould be good if it had auto save and the ui had a difficlty selection but i still loved it question how do you kill the teleproting eliet his invinceable pleas help

Terrible English.

So as yours back at the 2011, You should understand that you come the same process. Have you seen your own writing when you first came here? Your like a total noob but nobody argued with that and you have no rights to be superior because anything you do in OS is nothing special because all you do is add normals and follow the H3 App's cubemap color value and detail count value. And you think making multipurpose maps are a skill? OH LOL, Just pasting the blue channel of the diffuse to the red channel of the diffuse and pasting the spec map to the blue channel and making the green channel black! You don't know how to do skill bitmapping like fake bumping and editing bitmaps.

So shut up.
Edited by __Altheros on Oct 6, 2012 at 09:42 AM

"That's. Not. Even. Skilled. Bitmapping"

If you think that is a skill that you possess, then I'm sorry to say you're terribly wrong.

So, is this the end of TM? *sniff

-multiple is not a command in the target field. Of course it will not work :/

Time: Fri December 6, 2019 10:51 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website