A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: austen1000
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 4, 2018 01:09 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
austen1000 has contributed to 300 posts out of 467806 total posts (.06%) in 2,296 days (.13 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 4, 2018 01:09 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Flood_Developer
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

If the former, then maybe it is time to look into a third Halo CE install.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 09:16 PM

#
I mean, i don't know much about opensauce, i use a version myself just to help performance and other goodies and the ai worked for me, there are lots of different factors that comes to fixing this for the speicific opensauce version you're using.

Well, besides older releases, I thought the only publically available version of Open Sauce was the lastest release, 4.0 (or 4.something), which came out back when TSC:E was hitting the scene.

Anyways, I went forward with the non-OS install, and it is pretty fun. The HUD is a good compromise between the lack of one in STKFT and a normal hud.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:21 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 09:03 PM (Total replies: 19)

Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

If the former, then maybe it is time to look into a third Halo CE install.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 02:32 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Haven't tried it yet but I will later today but the pause thing usually happens when the scenario is multiplayer instead of single player and has single player spawns.

I wonder if that is also why Open Sauce breaks the AI spawns, unless that is what you are refering too with the first part of the statement.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 02:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 10:27 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

Are enemies to spawn with these betas? The pictures seem to suggest so, but the levels are devoid of AI. Also, it seems that the escape key/pause button does nothing at all, and I have to use the quit command or F4 just to exit. Are these issues known, on top of the Plasma Rifle issue mentioned? Otherwise, looking good so far.

The betas are filled with AI, I just played it yesterday

This is anoying, you are using the third person model in first person and it uses the lowest level of detail and it looks shi7

https://i.imgur.com/URXTzkL.png

Also the hud is centered, i'm not sure if its chimera related

Otherwise is fine

I give it 9/10

Odd. I loaded up the first level at least twice, and no AI spawn. I've never had an issue like this before. Maybe third time will be the charm. If not, I'll record and post a brief video.

Update: It is indeed an issue with Open Sauce. I renamed the dll to prevent it from loading, and the AI spawned. Is anyone else who uses Open Sauce having this issue.

Video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1TGbqe15IA

Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 02:05 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 02:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 01:05 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Sure man but I still haven't gotten a chance to fix few things because i'm so busy but i'll send it to you as soon as i'm done.

Cool man be sure to give me a shout when you do, and feedback when you get a chance to play it

Are enemies to spawn with these betas? The pictures seem to suggest so, but the levels are devoid of AI. Also, it seems that the escape key/pause button does nothing at all, and I have to use the quit command or F4 just to exit. Are these issues known, on top of the Plasma Rifle issue mentioned? Otherwise, looking good so far.

Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:58 PM

I know about the pause issue but I don't know what you mean about AI it should all spawn corectly, maybe the ai on the playthrough didn't maneuver properly or do you mean like a lack of cov on the upper floors of the hanger for example. Also thanks man
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 3, 2018 at 12:46 AM

No covenant or flood spawn at all on my end, for three levels straight (didn't even play the others). Even the lower hanger didn't have spawns, as portrayed in the screenshot. I heard what sounded like Sentinels exploding, and there were those background flood roars, but no actual Flood. It happened even when I decided to go back and load the first level. Is there issues with Open Sauce and Chimera 49?
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 01:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 2, 2018 11:49 PM (Total replies: 19)

Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:52 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:57 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Austen1000 Campaign Port Download Aug 3, 2017 03:41 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
Can someone upload a copy of Austen1000's campaign port to download? He took the only link down for some reason.

Moses's Refined Campaign

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50277

Like mine, its far from perfect, but, Moses has given his blessing to use this as a base for my fixed port. Once all the bugs are ironed out, I will be rebuilding my port using it, as it provides a more stable foundation than what I was working with.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO WARS 2 is it worth getting, do to win 10? Mar 17, 2017 03:15 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I prefer to look at things objectively. It's got everything the first game had and more... I fail to see why it's not worth 60$. Unless you feel the first game wasn't either.

Maybe with an excpetion to upgrades for individual units. From what little I played before refunding, most upgrades were universal.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO WARS 2 is it worth getting, do to win 10? Mar 16, 2017 09:48 PM (Total replies: 26)

That's silly. It's got a standard length campaign, plenty of multiplayer modes. It's worth 60$ if you like RTS games or the first halowars from purely a content time standpoint.

Personally, I would of enjoyed Halo Wars 2 if Halo Wars DE was not plagued with the offline mode issue. That one issue nearly soured my whole Halo experience, because I could not play any other Halo game without thinking about Halo Wars DE's issue. If Halo Wars 2 had the issue, I could live with it, but, nope. It had to be one of my most played RTS titles from my school years, which finally came to PC after so long. I'd rather use fan-made mods. At least those work offline...

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO WARS 2 is it worth getting, do to win 10? Mar 15, 2017 02:20 PM (Total replies: 26)

I refunded Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition because offline mode for Halo Wars Defenitive Edition was severely glitched. I kept reporting it, but, did not get any serious acknowledgement, outside of MS support. I have a feeling the bug will never be fixed, and it was there since the December 20th early access launch. The worst part is that I don't know how wide scale the issue is. About the only other forms of feedback I got was a small number of people reporting the issue as well and upvotes, but, not replies. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if there was some offical confirmation on the matter. MS support does not count, because they are not technically Microsoft themselves (Microsoft outsources its support to other places).
Edited by austen1000 on Mar 15, 2017 at 03:07 PM

For campaign, I made an updated port to CE;

https://austenmodsarchieve.wordpress.com/updated-halo-custom-edition-campaign-port/

Its not perfect (though it is considered an improvement to the original port), and I am actually in the process of redoing my tag set. Also, CMT released the first half of SPV3 (SPV2 got cancelled). However, that will require Open Sauce, which conflicts with HAC2. And a sub-team of CMT rebuilt the 5th level, dub 'The Silent Cartographer: Evolved". A version of it is included in SPV3, but, also had a standalone release a year or two ago that plays differently. You should also look up Universal UI. Unlike most UI.map replacements, it actually adds support for selecting user-made singleplayer levels, on top of the stock campaign.

I think I've seen your name on a few maps here on Halomaps from long ago.
Edited by austen1000 on Jan 16, 2017 at 05:01 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Jan 16, 2017 at 05:02 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Jan 16, 2017 at 05:08 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Jan 16, 2017 at 05:17 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Jan 17, 2017 at 07:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 14, 2017 09:42 AM (Total replies: 203)

@masters1337

Thank you for the info.

@DeadHamster

I found a modified version of the HEK+ Tool plugin a while back that works with OS_Tool. I can link you to it, assuming the link still works.

Also, some feedback;

1. I like the idea behind this. Had such an idea that I posted about a long time ago.

2. Having both the SMG and the Evolved AR is a little redundant. Maybe replace the AR with the easter egg MA5C or the prototype scoped 40-round AR would help in weapon variety.
Edited by austen1000 on Jan 14, 2017 at 09:50 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 12, 2017 05:37 PM (Total replies: 203)

Will the Data File Folder conflict with SPV3?

It won't need OS (the one in SPV3). We have a plan for those who can't install OS, simple due to the fact there are those on the team who can't install it (embarrassing!). So hopefully when we have that working, we will be able to present that. There are simply to many steps to getting SPV3 to run at the moment, especially to people new to CE who we are targeting.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jun 26, 2015 at 07:43 PM

What is this plan, exactly? I thought you guys ruled out further .map releases years ago?

@teh lag

Hey, do you happen to have the non-OS version of the Shade Turret from the 2012 SPV3 demo?

You mean the upgraded version of the original? It's still part of SPV3 and is going to be released with the rest of the stuff.

But, isn't that version going to require OS? I specifically need the non-OS version from the map release in 2012, because it seems to be the most recent version that doesn't require OS. I am trying to create an SPV2-esque overhaul of the campaign, designed specifically for those who can't or don't want to use Open Sauce (though this in no way affects me wanting to help with SPV3. More details once I gather all of my work and send it via PM).

Edit: I managed to extract it from the map release using HEK+ (unprotected with ths password from Halomods, of course). However, a couple of shader_model tags kept getting corrupted in the process. So, I extracted these remaining 2 shader_model tags from the SPV2 version found in the CMT tagpack release.
Edited by austen1000 on Jun 26, 2015 at 07:27 PM

@teh lag

Hey, do you happen to have the non-OS version of the Shade Turret from the 2012 SPV3 demo?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 17, 2015 11:21 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

What stuff do you guys need help with ths most?

It's not as simple as that. You can't expand the effectiveness of a team simply by throwing a mix of talented people and assets together.

It takes unit cohesion and understanding, something which only time can manufacture.
Edited by SS Flanker on Jun 17, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Well, Masters1337 mentioned on the last video on his Youtube channel that they are looking for people to help them, so, I thought I'd offer my help in a area that is particularly lacking with the current team.

Here is the video for reference;

https://youtu.be/U-byq5qTmv4
Edited by austen1000 on Jun 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 17, 2015 11:10 AM (Total replies: 12123)

What stuff do you guys need help with ths most?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 6, 2015 12:02 PM (Total replies: 12123)

real life sucks, and a critical task has been delayed due to kirbys real life jobs, I am hoping to get a video out this weekend discussing what is going on with the project however. Also the grizzly is finally being modeled, and the covenant sniper rifle may be cut.

I hope you guys aren't planning on cutting out enemy snipers all together.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 24, 2015 06:48 PM (Total replies: 494)

Are you guys planning on adding any form of singleplayer at any point in development, even if its simply AI bots in multiplayer?

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 6:11 AM 531 ms.
A Halo Maps Website