A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: altis94
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 22, 2017 02:30 PM
Interests: Stuff
Your Age: 21 and a half
What Games do you play: halo (duh)
What doesn't ban me makes me stronger
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
altis94 has contributed to 3294 posts out of 461439 total posts (.71%) in 1,632 days (2.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 22, 2017 02:30 PM (Total replies: 11187)

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

A dating sim based on the legendary ending of Halo CE. You'd play as an elite and you would try to date Johnson before the Halo explodes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 14, 2017 06:08 PM (Total replies: 11187)

I hope Dennis will ban you for that joke.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 14, 2017 03:16 PM (Total replies: 11187)

I prefer them facing the same direction.

Halo CE General Discussion » BlueStreak JMS Exporter 1.0.4 Mar 11, 2017 02:28 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
ALTIS

?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 10, 2017 03:18 PM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED
I think i found a bug: the grenade version of the assault rifle cant pick up ammo from a standard assault rifle.

Those are two different weapons. In Halo CE you can only pick up ammo from the same type of weapon, doesn't matter if they are identical.

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for someone who could make me a tool Mar 10, 2017 11:13 AM (Total replies: 0)

I'm nearly done with my AI synchronization script and setting up a biped to work with this script is a lot of busywork because each animation has to be a separate vehicle. It would be really cool if I had a tool that automatically did all of this work automatically. I know I'm asking for a lot here but someone with experience could do this a lot faster than I could if I tried.

Here's a basic explanation of what the tool should do.

Input:
*source animations tag - biped animation tag
*source animation tag - a template animations tag with only one unit and possibly a few animations already applied to it (s-ping)
*source vehicle tag - a template vehicle tag with model, physics and collision already applied
*vehicle directory - where vehicle tags will be exported
* animation directory - where animation tags will be exported
*weapon - which weapon's animations will be exported (pistol, rifle, sword, unarmed etc.)

Output:
*animation tags - Each base animation exported as a separate animations tag, only replacing the first animation of the source animation tag and keeping the rest unchanged.

*vehicle tags - For each unit that has the weapon type we picked, it would go through all animations and if animation exists, then use that animations tag for this vehicle. The tag would be exported to "vehicle directory/unit index/animation name.vehicle" (animation name would be the last word without permutation index). Everything else in the vehicle tag would stay as it was in the source vehicle tag, only animation dependency changes.

*text output - list of created tags

Example:
I pick halo 1 elite model animations tag, source vehicle and animation tags which I made, "tags/AI/elite/plasma rifle/" as vehicle directory, "tags/AI/elite/animations" as animation directory and "rifle" as weapon.

Let's say animations tag had four animations: "stand idle%0", "stand rifle move-front", "stand sword idle"and "stand aim-still".

The tool creates three animations tags "AI/elite/animations/stand idle", "AI/elite/animations/stand move-front" and "AI/elite/animations/stand sword idle". Aim-still gets ignored because it's an overlay animation.

The tool creates two vehicles "AI/elite/plasma rifle/4/move-front" and "AI/elite/plasma rifle/4/idle" which have the animations already applied to them (4 is index of stand unit). Sword vehicle doesn't get created because we chose "rifle" as weapon type.

Halo CE General Discussion » multiplayer in halo-PC vs Halo CE Mar 10, 2017 04:35 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
in Custom Edition they must be identical files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0e4zcc_xM

Halo CE General Discussion » multiplayer in halo-PC vs Halo CE Mar 9, 2017 06:16 PM (Total replies: 7)

Custom Edition offers some more features like displaying teammate names and F2 menu. Other than that they're pretty much the same now since Combat Evolved also supports HAC2.
Edited by altis94 on Mar 9, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 9, 2017 03:35 PM (Total replies: 12)

Complaining about rips -20pts
Complaining about mods of classic maps -100pts
Complaining about OS shader extensions -1pts
Complaining about modding an old game -69pts
Complaining about small player base -1000pts
Complaining about Spanish speaking player base +1

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 9, 2017 03:09 PM (Total replies: 12)

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Mar 8, 2017 08:14 PM (Total replies: 69)

Cheapest and laziest way to use LODs

This way objects derender in longer distance.

I think you should discuss this on their reddit instead.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 7, 2017 03:59 PM (Total replies: 11187)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
odix

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 7, 2017 03:00 PM (Total replies: 11908)

You can add it by right clicking halo's shortcut, going to properties and writing -no_os-gfx after target. (I think)

Halo CE General Discussion » looking for crazy maps Mar 7, 2017 12:40 PM (Total replies: 17)

Try elvira_city. It doesn't get much weirder than that...

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloAU
There's also talk of bringing in boost using the old fashioned method that would "hurt" you so it will stay stable, unlike the open sauce method.

What. The old fashioned method was a mess and Open Sauce method works perfectly fine so I'm not sure what you're even talking about here.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 worst HCE mappers/modders Mar 4, 2017 03:55 PM (Total replies: 13)

1.Naked Chick

Don't care about the rest.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bypass 16 player limit Mar 4, 2017 11:28 AM (Total replies: 11)

I don't see how that would work.

Time: Fri March 24, 2017 11:55 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website