A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ELVEVERX
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 3, 2016 03:32 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
For the great journey
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ELVEVERX has contributed to 352 posts out of 468602 total posts (.08%) in 2,387 days (.15 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge and custom games coming to PC Sep 3, 2016 03:32 AM (Total replies: 8)

Here's a link y'all should enjoy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSvYpXtewk

Halo CE General Discussion » Xbox on Windows 10 Jan 23, 2015 10:02 AM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: FrostyCyphre

Quote: --- Original message by: fenderjaguar
See, to me, it isn't clear whether that means we can use windows 10 for a year before it deactivates and we then have to pay? Or do they mean we can upgrade only for a year? What if we want to clean install win 10 after 4 years, will we be able to simply install 7/8/8.1 then 'upgrade' again? Sounds like this will be a real headache...

I'm a bit skeptical about it too, but here's what I know, they'll give you a Windows 10 product key that will have no deactivation date if you upgrade from Win 7/8.1 in the first year of Win 10's release. Whether we can use the key in a clean install at anytime after the first year period expires is unknown.

What about if I happen to have a... not legitimate version of W7?

Get a non legitimate version of W10?

Halo CE General Discussion » Microsoft will talk about PC gaming Dec 15, 2014 09:38 AM (Total replies: 103)

*Leaked speech to be made by Bonnie Ross at the windows 10 conference in January
On behalf of Microsoft and the team at 343 industries I am excited to announce that halo 3 can finally be confirmed to never be coming to PC.
But halo the master chief collection will not be coming to steam late 2015 or PC ever.

Halo CE General Discussion » No Lead Kiddies - Prepare to Cry Bloody Murder Nov 12, 2014 04:17 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Btcc22
I'm impressed that they've actually managed to make the game worse than the 11-year-old PC version.

But it's literally the same damn game with no changes except increased resolution and 60 fps

Halo CE General Discussion » IGN's Daily MCC Blowout Nov 3, 2014 04:31 AM (Total replies: 98)

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Looks like people will have visibility problems because of all the pointless medals filling up the screen.

IKR?! I wonder what the future for those medals is going to be, maybe: "Walker! - Walk 5 meters", "Avoid! - Jump over a rock", "Ohai ther! - Watch a teammate for 15 seconds". That wouldn't be a surprise, actually...

You can disable those

Every time I try to join a friends server or vice versa I just get server timed out. I have that new patch and am running custom edition, is anyone else experiencing this problem or know a fix?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Collection PC Petition NOW!!!! Jul 29, 2014 09:39 AM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: AzelfandQuilava
If this gets some attention in the gaming media (yes, it's a thing apparently) there's a bigger chance of it working.
it could get 5 million signatures and they still wouldn't care

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo wars 2 ? Jun 24, 2014 08:18 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Just like most of Halofollower's rumors.

He got a couple things right but this halo 2 stuff is horrible frank o connor confirmed its not happening and he quoted that for why it is happening

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2A pics Jun 11, 2014 08:59 AM (Total replies: 78)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Halo CEA and Halo 2A are stupid anyways. They aren't remakes, they are graphical and audio mods.

"remake
make (something) again or differently."
They're making the original different, not a remake built from the ground up.

A remake is:
Metroid Zero Mission
Super Castlevania 4
Goldeneye 2010
Super Mario 64 DS
Pokémon HeartGold
Rise of the Triad 2013
etc...

No that's a reboot

Halo CE General Discussion » Holy REMAKES!!! Checkout these screens!!!!! Jun 11, 2014 08:53 AM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Good to see they didn't take halo 4's terrible covenant anatomy design.

They didn't change the anatomy just the armour

Halo CE General Discussion » Possible Halo Television Show May 26, 2014 08:11 AM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
Honestly, I'm not all that interested. Before Halo 4, I saw Halo as this awesome, memorable experience that had an extravagant backstory, rich lore that we could only speculate about, and an ending that left us with an almighty cliffhanger.

And after Halo 4, I see it as another iteration of a game trying to be a super fast-paced shooter. When I play a Halo game, when I see Halo, I think of the original trilogy. That trilogy had an awesome balance of gameplay and pace that defined Halo as Halo. It was quoted many times that without the original multiplayer, Halo wouldn't be as successful. However, with the advent of the customizable loadouts for multiplayer in Halo 4, it's absolutely ruined it for me.

There's nothing more annoying than going around on a killing spree to get noob-comboed by someone with a noob combo loadout. And from there, my opinion of Halo has slowly soured.

If this TV show is DECENT, then maybe I might get the next iteration of Halo. Otherwise, as Matt said, this butter is getting too thin for me.

Thats a dull way of looking at it personally i'm glad that in halo 4 they started incorporating more elements from the book and using spartan ops expanded the halo universe by tying that in with comics and books and soon TV shows

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 theories May 19, 2014 11:46 AM (Total replies: 75)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
A solid Elite perspective campaign would be a lot of fun.

I second to that.
Anyway, I'd really like a Mass Effect approach to the campaign. ODST had a good open-world system, so I'm ok with that

Yeah it would be nice if it was like halo 2 just you play as Jul 'Mdamas son

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 theories May 19, 2014 05:28 AM (Total replies: 75)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Maybe the new armor is an alter ego, perhaps the UNSC thinks he went AWOL, but he's actually part of ONI now. Within ONI, he can search for Mendicant Bias, but more importantly help find Catherine Halsey. Halsey has the second part of the Janus Key, which would also play into humanity taking over the mantle and becoming "Guardians". (Theory taken from Halo Follower forums)

A new character

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Halo shouldn't be an open world game; one thing that I liked about all the Halo campaigns (except for ODST) was the sense of urgency when you're doing things. Rather than roaming around looking for stuff to shoot at, a lot of the time spent shooting things had you trying to save your own ass, or an enemy stood between you and an objective. You had something to do, like a responsibility. I'd rather have 343's energies be used to create well ironed-out levels rather than one huge BSP with scarce encounters.

We get it you hate halo
Edited by ELVEVERX on May 19, 2014 at 05:30 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi

Another bs game by retarded 343i.

You know literally nothing about the game but you are already bagging it wait for some f***ing gameplay at least

Man if they are going through the trouble of making all of this work on x86 systems I wish they would bring it where it shines(PC).
well I'm sure this is a plight we have all thought of.

Halo on PC and console are practically the same only benefit of PC is modding but it is far more useful as a xbox one exclusive
Edited by ELVEVERX on May 16, 2014 at 09:34 PM
Edited by ELVEVERX on May 16, 2014 at 09:44 PM

Because i thought it was the actual box art but then i saw this
"“That’s vis id, not boxart. Boxart will look different one way or another. It might use that thematic, it might not.”" so i guess it probably isn't

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
They are trying to make money out of those who thinks the real halos were bungie's while it's not their work.

Rips + minor edits in a nutshell. + resale.

Yeah but people have being begging for a halo 2 remake so whats the problem i'd be happy to get this and the others would be quite a bonus
Edited by ELVEVERX on May 18, 2014 at 07:32 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi

Another bs game by retarded 343i.

You know literally nothing about the game but you are already bagging it wait for some f***ing gameplay at least

Man if they are going through the trouble of making all of this work on x86 systems I wish they would bring it where it shines(PC).
well I'm sure this is a plight we have all thought of.

Halo on PC and console are practically the same only benefit of PC is modding but it is far more useful as a xbox one exclusive
Edited by ELVEVERX on May 16, 2014 at 09:34 PM
Edited by ELVEVERX on May 16, 2014 at 09:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo in unity 3D May 11, 2014 01:41 AM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
Sigh..... that's NOT what he was asking. We don't want to port CE to another engine. Why doesn't anyone understand that?

No you just want to fundamentally make a entire halo game in a different engine

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo in unity 3D May 10, 2014 08:06 PM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
Is this guy still around? (lol sorry for the bump)
No because even though people think it would be easy to port halo CE to another engine it isn't

Halo CE General Discussion » I have a question, Dennis Apr 9, 2014 09:03 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Its not official, so probably not.

PM is also a great system.

Good point.

He might make a section for unofficial patches but i personally am just hoping Microsoft puts it on steam

Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Quote: --- Original message by: ELVEVERX
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Would be a perfect opportunity to gain Steam support.

and microsoft announced halo Spartan assault was going to steam so...

I bought that today and I'm playing through it. The first five missions are very drab, but serve their purpose to introduce veteran players to a new control scheme. I'm not even very far in yet but things are starting to pick up and mission design is varying; for example it took me some time to beat the mission where you have to assassinate 6 elite commanders. It's a fun pastime game and totally worth the pocket change they're asking for. Nevertheless, it doesn't boast of the endless hours of replayability like Custom Edition and I'm still bummed out about his whole gamespy fiasco. Ah well more spotlight for SP or organized gamenights I guess.

Can you say if the models in the game looked similar to the ones from halo wars? The game looks like a fun little toy but the models looked strangely familiar.

the models are defiantly not from halo wars

Time: Thu April 18, 2019 9:29 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website